BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 70 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares its a tournament on Columbus day. They could have 10 express teams go let your son have fun. You parents have serious issues. I know your 10 year old kids are not posting this. Post after post about the schedule. It is so sad that you guys care about this. There will be no scouts on Monday watching your kids.

This is the most irrelevant post I've read in a while. Are you that detached from the ideals that sports in stills on children?? "They're only 10" is the precise reason that these practices should be thwarted. You don't think that people will be talking about express cheating? You don't think the 10 year olds will know? You, pal, are the one that needs an attitude check.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares its a tournament on Columbus day. They could have 10 express teams go let your son have fun. You parents have serious issues. I know your 10 year old kids are not posting this. Post after post about the schedule. It is so sad that you guys care about this. There will be no scouts on Monday watching your kids.

Your like Lacrosse Seinfeld. You post about nothing. This is a forum. The point is to have a discussion. It's not a 10 year old forum, thus the reason, Jerry, that you even come on here and read and post. That's for your insightful participation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the most irrelevant post I've read in a while. Are you that detached from the ideals that sports in stills on children?? "They're only 10" is the precise reason that these practices should be thwarted. You don't think that people will be talking about express cheating? You don't think the 10 year olds will know? You, pal, are the one that needs an attitude check.

As an outsider reading these texts, I think it's more about age appropriate kids getting hurt by older kids than having an older kid help win your Express game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is not cheating . One of the teams is Express North coming from Westchester .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 10 yr old is getting hurt by an 11yr old. I'm not saying it's right to play older kids but at that age I don't think it's a big difference with size.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAssau Suffolk football league , if they're still around has double age group teams. The boys played young one year and then the following year they were the older ones. No one ever complained. A few years later , the newer generation of crybaby parents right away go to videotape about how old is he , or when's his birthday and so on. All you parents think your son is the next best thing but meanwhile he's average and just wants to have fun and play. Unfortunately he can't because you have him thinking everyone else is cheating. Your cheating him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 10 yr old is getting hurt by an 11yr old. I'm not saying it's right to play older kids but at that age I don't think it's a big difference with size.

That is the dumbest justification ever posted. In sports at this age skill level is a major difference from year to year. Kids older at this age are usually faster and stronger from one year to the next. If my 10 year old would play with the 9 year olds he could physically hurt most of them and run circles around most.

But that is not the topics of discussion. The question is what teams are express entering into the tournament. Their website one set of teams and they registered a different set for tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, yes, there are some valid issues with people questioning what team is what, etc. and there is already a lot of angst and vitriol flowing on the boards at all the different ages, about this and upcoming tournaments. it's the first tourney, lets see how it plays out with the teams. let them play and compete and have fun. stop starting fights for your kids. let them discover their worlds. don't salt the earth for them.

as far as everyone's express questions go, i guess we'll see with our own eyes on monday what the deal is. focus your attenion today on work, kids, and real life issues. [lacrosse], go work on this weekends fantasy roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAssau Suffolk football league , if they're still around has double age group teams. The boys played young one year and then the following year they were the older ones. No one ever complained. A few years later , the newer generation of crybaby parents right away go to videotape about how old is he , or when's his birthday and so on. All you parents think your son is the next best thing but meanwhile he's average and just wants to have fun and play. Unfortunately he can't because you have him thinking everyone else is cheating. Your cheating him.

Sounds like your son is playing down. He must be so bad that he is disgraced by kids his own age.

Express North has nothing to do with this conversation. We're discussing the Channy 2 team. It doesn't exist except in this tourney. No kid deserves to be cheated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its a huge difference for some.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

people complained. No one listened. A kid will have to get seriously injured first unfortunately. I know 3 kids told they shouldn't play football till high school or ever based on injury this year 10 and 11's due to injury. Some kids are two helmet size difference. Its irresponsible of the leagues to allow it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually hope the express combines the best kids for these games, then there will be some competitive games. They can have the T shirts, we just want good games, win or lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually hope the express combines the best kids for these games, then there will be some competitive games. They can have the T shirts, we just want good games, win or lose.

What team does your son play for that he needs a team to cheat to give him a competitive game? When a team stacks the roster and blows other teams out by 10 goals, it's not competitive. Your son will feel like crap. Games won't be good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SAL has hurt quite a few kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused by all of these Express teams. Which team is Express 1, which is Express 2 and which is Express 3? Are the Honey Badgers gone?

Trying to figure that out myself. The tournament on Monday (is that vague enough) has three 2023 express teams. In 2022 bracket is express haugen, which is a coach of 2023. Honey badgers are still here but don't go by that name, wondering if that is them playing up in Monday tournament or are the honey badgers going as Chaney or Chaney 2.

It would be foolish to have the 5th grade boys play all morning and them put some of them to play against 6th graders in the afternoon after playing 3 am games. Asking for trouble/injuries. I would be surprised if the Express Parents let that happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused by all of these Express teams. Which team is Express 1, which is Express 2 and which is Express 3? Are the Honey Badgers gone?

Trying to figure that out myself. The tournament on Monday (is that vague enough) has three 2023 express teams. In 2022 bracket is express haugen, which is a coach of 2023. Honey badgers are still here but don't go by that name, wondering if that is them playing up in Monday tournament or are the honey badgers going as Chaney or Chaney 2.

Lol they do it all the time. The exception is the honey badgers usual jump to south shore thunder not Chaney 2.
It would be foolish to have the 5th grade boys play all morning and them put some of them to play against 6th graders in the afternoon after playing 3 am games. Asking for trouble/injuries. I would be surprised if the Express Parents let that happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team does your son play for that he needs a team to cheat to give him a competitive game? When a team stacks the roster and blows other teams out by 10 goals, it's not competitive. Your son will feel like crap. Games won't be good.

no one is stacking a team. Dont get your panties in a wod. People are just stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you check out Tourney Machine in 2022 there are 4 Express teams registered: LI Express Channy, LI Express Channy 2, LI Express Haugen (2023 coach) and LI Express Lynott. In 2023 there is LI Express Channy, LI Express Channy 2, LI Express White (and also Express North). If Haugens team is in 6th grade bracket - how is it possible for Express to have 3 additional teams in 2023 so a total of 4 teams when there were only about 60-70 kids at tryouts! Interesting! Sounds like a lot of "guest appearances" on Monday. Do they really have THAT many extra helmets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess those 3- 30 min running clock games are going to be an exhausting day. Drama ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care what express is doing? Are you sure they're all LI teams, Express has teams in Westchester and NYC. Just have fun and enjoy the tournament,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care what express is doing? Are you sure they're all LI teams, Express has teams in Westchester and NYC. Just have fun and enjoy the tournament,

Yes, I'm sure. Express North is listed as Express North. I care because my son is playing in a tournament. I care because when tournaments are run, there should be a level playing field. I care because if a team just materializes out of thin air, it's clear that no one is making certain that the players are cleared to play in that age group. I care because it's BLATANT cheating and irresponsible on behalf of the event organizers. I care because last time a team just came about like this, two players on my sons team got leveled by a bigger kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your letting yourself get caught up with winning and losing, this isn't PAL. If my sons team gets beat by 10, I'll tell him he needs to work harder to compete, not that they cheated. I applaud Haugen for playing up and challenging his kids. Not only is it fall, it's fall of 5th grade, development over championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your letting yourself get caught up with winning and losing, this isn't PAL. If my sons team gets beat by 10, I'll tell him he needs to work harder to compete, not that they cheated. I applaud Haugen for playing up and challenging his kids. Not only is it fall, it's fall of 5th grade, development over championship.

What does Haugen playing his team up have to do with any of this? I'm not concerned with existing teams playing up. My concern is with unregulated, made up teams playing instead. I'd be a [lacrosse] of a lot happier with my guy playing the Honey Badgers. At least I would know that they are a legitimate team. Channy 2 is made up of who knows what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your missing the point. The discussion is not haugen playing up. That is excellent and a good choice. The question are who is Channy and Channy 2. Express at this age only had one Channy team. Is that a team playing up, down Newley formed, formed for the tournament or Haugens team going at 2023 and 2022 braket. Are kids in Channy and Channy 2 going to be interchanged, a problem that was rampant last year. Teams moved kids around based on who they were playing and wether they made the finals or not. Nobody cares that haugen is playing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express lists 3 2023 teams. If 1 is playing up that leaves 2 and the north team. So they very easily could have 3 in the same bracket. Now if one is up and they list 4 at 23 then I could see that being an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your missing the point. The discussion is not haugen playing up. That is excellent and a good choice. The question are who is Channy and Channy 2. Express at this age only had one Channy team. Is that a team playing up, down Newley formed, formed for the tournament or Haugens team going at 2023 and 2022 braket. Are kids in Channy and Channy 2 going to be interchanged, a problem that was rampant last year. Teams moved kids around based on who they were playing and wether they made the finals or not. Nobody cares that haugen is playing up.

The point is don't be consumed with trying to win, just challenged the team to get better. The express is a large club with many teams, if the boys are grade appropriate who cares who's on what team. The point about Haugen is that he is willing to take his team into a bracket and possibly lose every game to get better. Don't concern yourself or measure the boys success based on winning at this age. Just find great teams to play, you'll just exhaust yourself complaining throughout the years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people just love hearing themselves talk, unreal..,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express lists 3 2023 teams. If 1 is playing up that leaves 2 and the north team. So they very easily could have 3 in the same bracket. Now if one is up and they list 4 at 23 then I could see that being an issue.

That is exactly the issue. 1 is up and 4 at 23

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express (Long Island) has four teams at the 2023 Level. Haugen's is playing up in the 2022 bracket. There are two Channy Teams due to overwhelming try-out numbers this year, and there is a team under Coach White. The third team in the bracket is Express North from Westchester. Whites team is not in this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected, White's team is in this tournament, so I guess you can fault the Express for sending four teams to play in the tournament. I'm not sure why?, it's just a larger organization.

Complain as you must, but just let the boys play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! 4 teams in one age group...can you say money grab.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I do believe that this is false information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if it is a money grab. They obviously had enough people sign their kids up. Maybe that is bad parenting. Maybe their kids just want to play and improve and aren't as concerned about winning. As for Express maybe they are looking to take the best that signed up and create a strong team and weed the rest out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Express 2023 teams getting crushed today .... Maybe the tide is changing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express split their squads to get their boys more runs to see what they have!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess they have to re think how they teamed boys
They are getting crushed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whites team is newly formed and as of last week had no goalie. Not sure those kids had a shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whites team is newly formed and as of last week had no goalie. Not sure those kids had a shot.

When you have three teams at 2023, you lose that as an excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do you really see Express changing it for the next tournament? If not they will continue to get beat badly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 10 year old lacrosse. Express had 4 2023 teams. Three from LI, one from Westchester. Igloo played lights out. Legacy and Outlaws are good teams.

Their was only one bracket today. The good town teams would have given Igloo, Outlaws and Legacy a great run today.

Page 16 of 70 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard