BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 47 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As part of signing up to one of the many tournaments my son attended, he was asked to create an account with Captain U. Since it was free he filled out as much as he could and has updated it from time to time with new info and links. However he never bought into the premium stuff. From time to time he gets emails from Captain U indicating a coach has 'found' him. Does anyone have any experience with Captain U? Is the cost of the premium service worth it? Do college coaches really use it? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

My son attended a prospect camp where the coach said very bluntly that recruiting services do not really benefit your player. The quote was, "I'm a firm believer that your child can represent themselves.". A tournament we attended had a similar arrangement with NCSA and they now email constantly. I do not believe they are of any real help.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey suitmaker is it time to think that you might have been the cancer? 2 teams. 2 years. planning on ruining another summer for a group of families? went from the top to the bottom pretty fast.karma is a [lacrosse].john strack {a former unhappy customer} .............................................................[nquote=Anonymous]Get off this site and check your kids phone. Snap chat or whatever the [lacrosse] they call those apps... check there homework.... sit down and tall about your family.... be a parent and stop this nonsense. [/quote]

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Oh, you are so wrong - It is absolutely our business!

It is our kids who lose an opportunity for a spot on the team that the cheating child just took.

It is our kids who have to play against the cheaters week after week, and who practice and play their hearts out to compete with the cheaters who are playing down.

It is us parents who have to explain to our kids the concept of the cheaters and how life isn't always fair, but be true to yourself, play your best and have fun.

It is our kids who played with/against the child on 2019 and then ask how is he playing on 2020 now. oh, wait, I should just tell my son he is imagining it? Or it's none of our business? WRONG

Until there are rules in place against these things, it will be none of your business. They are not cheaters if it is permitted, sadly.

This forum might be the very best place to to start the cheating discussion and advocate for changing the rules. Free flow of ideas and info is what these boards should be about. I agree, leave the kids names aside, yes- but also definitely expose the unfairness and inequity. This all leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

New Jersey senator is submitting a bill to prevent re-classing in middle-school.. Saw that on a twitter feed. Would be nice if other states started to consider it and take it a little further.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As part of signing up to one of the many tournaments my son attended, he was asked to create an account with Captain U. Since it was free he filled out as much as he could and has updated it from time to time with new info and links. However he never bought into the premium stuff. From time to time he gets emails from Captain U indicating a coach has 'found' him. Does anyone have any experience with Captain U? Is the cost of the premium service worth it? Do college coaches really use it? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Read the online reviews it is not a valid tool for reciting purposes. The "found" message are not real

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read the online reviews it is not a valid tool for reciting purposes. The "found" message are not real

What makes you think the "found" messages are not real?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying you don't have a gripe, but the stuff I just saw and read makes this Asaps fables. Review your kids phones

hey suitmaker is it time to think that you might have been the cancer? 2 teams. 2 years. planning on ruining another summer for a group of families? went from the top to the bottom pretty fast.karma is a [lacrosse].john strack {a former unhappy customer} .............................................................[nquote=Anonymous]Get off this site and check your kids phone. Snap chat or whatever the [lacrosse] they call those apps... check there homework.... sit down and tall about your family.... be a parent and stop this nonsense.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When kids reclass or just plain play down, it does become other people's business because many feel it is a sleazy thing to do.it may affect kids doing the morally right thing by taking roster spots, increasing the chance of injury, etc. This is probably why New Jersey has introduced legislation to discourage this practice by imposing eligibility restrictions on those who chose to do this. Hope other states follow the lead.

you can always declare you're going to PG and play down starting in 9th grade. drop into the 2020 class for recruiting. coach can decide later if he wants you in 2020 or back in 2019. breschi did this with a recruit from texas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When kids reclass or just plain play down, it does become other people's business because many feel it is a sleazy thing to do.it may affect kids doing the morally right thing by taking roster spots, increasing the chance of injury, etc. This is probably why New Jersey has introduced legislation to discourage this practice by imposing eligibility restrictions on those who chose to do this. Hope other states follow the lead.

Your a loser if you cared so much put your name down and ask the parents to call you. Get over it and find a new hobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is our kids who lose an opportunity for a spot on the team that the cheating child just took.

It is our kids who have to play against the cheaters week after week, and who practice and play their hearts out to compete with the cheaters who are playing down.

It is us parents who have to explain to our kids the concept of the cheaters and how life isn't always fair, but be true to yourself, play your best and have fun.

It is our kids who played with/against the child on 2019 and then ask how is he playing on 2020 now. oh, wait, I should just tell my son he is imagining it? Or it's none of our business? WRONG

In stead of worrying about it go get your kid better. It's a reality check for you. Your kid is not that good. The only thing correct in your post is. Life is not fair so now get over it. There will be bigger disappointments in his life than thisnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think the "found" messages are not real?

Read the online reviews and decide for yourself. Specifically there are several that speak to having a child be "found" by a coach and that coach did not "find" that player on Captin U.
I'm not saying take my word for it, I'm saying investigate it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In stead of worrying about it go get your kid better. It's a reality check for you. Your kid is not that good. The only thing correct in your post is. Life is not fair so now get over it. There will be bigger disappointments in his life than thisnn

That's where you're wrong, my kid is good, very good. He works hard and plays fair. And I'm not really worried about the holdbacks for my son, it's more that I'm worried about it destroying the integrity and growth of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's where you're right, playing down is cheating. For example TLI typically plays players down, as a further example at 175 this past summer, their 2018 players played against our true 2019 team in the 2019 bracket as a 2019 team, that's cheating. However you are wrong, reclassing a player, which is a decision a parent makes, is not cheating, it is allowed and not a violation.
If you sincerely feel it is unfair, your incessant attacking of children will not change things. Be an activist, lobby for change in a forum that matters, and stop complaining about how it isn't fair to reclass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true All Greys are now the 2019 legacy team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's one way to start a team after all 3 of yours fall apart. they'll ruin that one too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is look at the Legacy website 2019 All Greys,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow i guess good for legacy getting a legitimate team. I guess they couldn't get one of their own. So what happens to the kids who were told they had a spot on that legacy team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you'll see kids quit from All Greys before they start practicing.

Wow i guess good for legacy getting a legitimate team. I guess they couldn't get one of their own. So what happens to the kids who were told they had a spot on that legacy team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they quit? Who is the coach? The all greys coach from last season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why would they quit? maybe the same reasons the kids from the 3 teams last year all quit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you don't know Legacy very well...The head coach MT quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why would they quit? maybe the same reasons the kids from the 3 teams last year all quit

Why do you feel the need to comment on something that you have no insight on. You have no relationship with the teams and no nothing about their relationship. Any commentary from you is baseless and therefore worthless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know that MT is not coaching 2019, That's why I asked who is coaching 2019 Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deleted. Where is he now?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Do not identify players
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop talking about stuff you have no idea about. The all greys were folding and did not want to put out a team for the that age. Legacy helped themselves out and the All greys out by taking these kids on and giving them a place to play. just like True blue, igloo, and whoever else folded their teams this season. Kids where going to be left without places to play. So eveyone prospers in this situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop talking about stuff you have no idea about. The all greys were folding and did not want to put out a team for the that age. Legacy helped themselves out and the All greys out by taking these kids on and giving them a place to play. just like True blue, igloo, and whoever else folded their teams this season. Kids where going to be left without places to play. So eveyone prospers in this situation.

Why so snippy? I'm glad the boys found a team to play on, I was simply asking who the coach of the 2019 All Greys/Legacy team was going to be? Isn't that what this board is all about, information?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another person who knows nothing. No reason for All Greys to fold. Just an opportunity for two entities to help themselves--no merger, no takeover---that's it. Guys, beautiful day, get out from behind the computer, clean yourself up and help your wife in the yard...No more statements or speculation on what you don't know please....thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another person who knows nothing. No reason for All Greys to fold. Just an opportunity for two entities to help themselves--no merger, no takeover---that's it. Guys, beautiful day, get out from behind the computer, clean yourself up and help your wife in the yard...No more statements or speculation on what you don't know please....thanks

What are you talking about? Someone is simply asking who the coaches are. If you don't know, that's ok. Why are you babbling about yard work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's the Blowfish team doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospect Days, Prospect Camps, Phiily Freshman, 3d Blue Chip, Maverik Showtime----

Anyone who has experience with any of the above, who is of sound mind and not filled with contempt, please advise.

My son is a 2020 player. I am Looking to find out if he should be looking for an invitation to attend any of these next year, what I need to do, when and how to go about getting an invite. He does not play on 91 or Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospect Days, Prospect Camps, Phiily Freshman, 3d Blue Chip, Maverik Showtime----

Anyone who has experience with any of the above, who is of sound mind and not filled with contempt, please advise.

My son is a 2020 player. I am Looking to find out if he should be looking for an invitation to attend any of these next year, what I need to do, when and how to go about getting an invite. He does not play on 91 or Express.

Then you have to get your club coach to help! That is critical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't have to do anything for at least a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that! Invites will go to daddy coaches kids, political kids, and maybe, just maybe, a kid that actually deservea it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your son was passed over. This doesn't happen where we play, the boys that deserve it are the ones who get the invite to the big ones. The others are invited elsewhere.

Good luck with that! Invites will go to daddy coaches kids, political kids, and maybe, just maybe, a kid that actually deservea it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are parents really holding their kids back or is that a better way to put it then saying my kid got left back? It's better then being embarrassed. Not many people would be happy about telling others that their kid got held back in school. Some may use reclassification as way to protect the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are really holding them back. It seems nearly impossible to get "left back" in 8th grade. Teachers push them through to High School whether the kid learned a thing or not in 8th grade. It is sad, but the world needs ditch diggers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are parents really holding their kids back or is that a better way to put it then saying my kid got left back? It's better then being embarrassed. Not many people would be happy about telling others that their kid got held back in school. Some may use reclassification as way to protect the kid.

Please tell me your kidding with that question! Kids haven't got left back in 2o years, c'mon!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe not anyone that you know of. Not saying all cases but I'm sure there's a couple here and there. You don't think that happens? Would you tell everyone that your kid was held back in school? I'm sure you wouldn't. Never say never. People are very private when it comes to stuff like that. You make it sound like I'm talking about all these kids that are being held back. Why would anyone want their kid to be held back? Oh it's for lacrosse, then that makes sense. I guess you know it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deleted. Where is he now?

He did not quit, he's not coaching 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe not anyone that you know of. Not saying all cases but I'm sure there's a couple here and there. You don't think that happens? Would you tell everyone that your kid was held back in school? I'm sure you wouldn't. Never say never. People are very private when it comes to stuff like that. You make it sound like I'm talking about all these kids that are being held back. Why would anyone want their kid to be held back? Oh it's for lacrosse, then that makes sense. I guess you know it all.

Kids do not get left back in public school, simply does not happen. You can do whatever you want in private because you're PAYING!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids do not get left back in public school, simply does not happen. You can do whatever you want in private because you're PAYING!

Kids are not getting left back. Parents are sending their kids to a private school in 7th or 8th grade and then have them come back to public or private school the next year in the same grade. Being left back has a bad connotation so they came up with a new word for it "re-classification."

Now you have people in other parts of the country - including the kids of major club directors - who are doing it completely differently. They are letting their 11th grader who is a 2017 play with the the 2018's while still staying in 11th grade. The director then tells college coaches that they should be recruiting the player as a 2018 and if they take them as a 2018 then the kid will do a PG year after HS. This is really happening - it's ridiculous.

Page 17 of 47 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard