BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 15 of 220 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
no top divisions those are just names they gave each division top guns did not play the best .

Top guns 2015 black did not play the best teams in the 2015 age group., period. They should challenge themselves at the next tournament!

I am sure the TG club appreciates your guidance and advise. I would put it back on you and advise you to challenge yourself and see if you can up your game and show some appreciation for the hard work these youngsters put in. BTW, the players don't care about the immature ramblings of many on here. Frankly it is obviously the empty and immature words of parents who never grew up. ALL these young ladies deserve a pat on the back for staying above the low level of sportsmanship shown on this site.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no top divisions those are just names they gave each division top guns did not play the best .

Top guns 2015 black did not play the best teams in the 2015 age group., period. They should challenge themselves at the next tournament!
My daughter played at this event in the Champions division and I can tell you without a doubt some of the best teams in this age played in the champions division. The Elite division was defiantly a "B" division, extreme a "C" div etc... Not to take anything away from T.G. 2015 black, congrats on winning your division you all worked very hard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they put themselves in the B division , did teams actually have to rank their levels or were the divisions you were in just luck of the draw. It seems different travel clubs have different philosophies from what I can tell . TG at least on the younger ends seem to try to build confidence so sometimes play weaker tournaments and or divisions, rarely playing up in age while I have seen their counterpart overdue it ,playing too far up in age throwing the better younger teams into the fire . Not sure which is the better way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they put themselves in the B division , did teams actually have to rank their levels or were the divisions you were in just luck of the draw. It seems different travel clubs have different philosophies from what I can tell . TG at least on the younger ends seem to try to build confidence so sometimes play weaker tournaments and or divisions, rarely playing up in age while I have seen their counterpart overdue it ,playing too far up in age throwing the better younger teams into the fire . Not sure which is the better way to go.

TG 2015 black is continually trying to compare themselves to the top YJ teams.... B division is not how you show that you can run with the big dogs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is zero confusion here, the Elite division was absolutely the "B" division as compared to the Champions division. It wasn't random at all - teams decided where they wanted to be placed, but who cares? Congrats to Top Guns for winning, either way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but winning the B division with their top level team and then wanting to be compared to other top programs is sad. I noticed their 2016 team also played B level , I have unfortunately had to hear several of their parents talking this week and gloating over winning the tournament and how great the competition was , seems they forgot to mention the B level thing. If the teams actually got to pick the level then that says more about their actual ability then winning the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice it seems to be all YJ people on here making noise?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why did the schedule change for National Draw this weekend? At first YJ 2016 Blue (or not so blue) was going to play the 2016 Top Guns Black now for some unknown reason they are not playing each other anymore. Maybe YJ pulled some strings and they feel they have a better chance of making it out of the bracket if they dont play each other and rely on goals against instead of playing them and possibly suffering a loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure the TG club appreciates your guidance and advise. I would put it back on you and advise you to challenge yourself and see if you can up your game and show some appreciation for the hard work these youngsters put in. BTW, the players don't care about the immature ramblings of many on here. Frankly it is obviously the empty and immature words of parents who never grew up. ALL these young ladies deserve a pat on the back for staying above the low level of sportsmanship shown on this site.

Sure, pat the backs of the girls who lost 18-1 and 16-3.... keep up the hard work in the "B" division...I'm sure all the "mature, grown up" TG parents were whooping it up on the sidelines for those games!!! You are right, the kids don't know the difference, you, the TG parents and the administrators should know better than to have the team play in a division like that... Challenge yourselves, lose a close game...it's better for your daughter's developments...you are too blind to see that apparently!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about congratulations girls, you worked hard!! What is wrong with people? The only people I see comparing is the YJ parents. A win is a win is a win!! Stop living through your kids and get a life!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ has much better things to do with their time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck girls this weekend! Many will be playing against friends!! It's nice to know at least the girls will remain friends regardless of who wins/loses...it's all about lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why did the schedule change for National Draw this weekend? At first YJ 2016 Blue (or not so blue) was going to play the 2016 Top Guns Black now for some unknown reason they are not playing each other anymore. Maybe YJ pulled some strings and they feel they have a better chance of making it out of the bracket if they dont play each other and rely on goals against instead of playing them and possibly suffering a loss.

Could be , or maybe your coach called and advised them you are really a B division team and it would not be fair to play against an A level team, who knows, the only facts I know for sure are that when possible you guys play B division, but at least you beat that tuff bear team by a goal in the semis ,the funny thing is you guys are actually good enough to compete in the A division but your coach does not think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"a win is a win is a win" are you serious? Do you not want to challenge your athletes to be the best they can be? Let me guess, the parent that wrote that little ditty does a lot of fist pumping when his daughter scores the 16th goal in a 17 to 2 blow out of a b level team. Good for you. I hope your daughter scores a lot of goals on J.V. as an 11th grader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A win is a win is a win" What the heck are you talking about?
You are embarassing yourself and our club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the "a win is a win is a win" parent. I hear the north fork 2nd grade team is looking for some good competition, you should give them a call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I saw in the championship level games were girls at the 2013 group with signed bands on their arms. Ok, a team with 22 girls with early signed bands on their arms playing against girls with no girls with early commit bands. Of course alot of the games were not equal.

However keeping in mind what the focus is at the rising junior/senior year means, the college coach seating areas were packed with coaches. So somebody is watching. I watched some of the non TG, Liberty, YJ, Maryland/Virginia games. VERY few coaches watching. Most of the non East coast games were low level HS games at best.

Winning games means nothing when your in your final years.
My view is be grateful we can produce teams and girls with talent that in the "college recruiting world" we have coaches sitting watching our girls games. Whether Liberty, Top Guns, Yellow Jackets, Wave, etc. Who really cares. If the goal for your daughter is to play beyond HS and enjoys it, scholarship or no scholarship why bicker about it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your child ever ends up in "that division" do I feel bad for her. The message should be about working hard and playing your best no matter what division you are playing. Some girls will play higher than others, isn't that why there is Division I, Division II and Division III? Does it lessen the competitiveness in each division if you play lower than DI. Absolutely not! Get off your high horses and start sending the right message to your children. Parents are by far worse than the kids playing. I don't believe their conservations begin with Hi.... I played in "A"bracket where did you play?..Take a lesson from your kids, chill out and just watch some good competitive lacrosse. Give it up already it is getting boring!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So funny you people are so obsessed with YJ , while I was watching one of your games last week in pa your parents were on the sideline comparing their team to YJ. Of course in their minds your TG team would destroy the same age YJ team , all the while playing in the B division. Too funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ has much better things to do with their time!

Like spending their time on the TG thread worrying about what brackets they are playing in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So funny you people are so obsessed with YJ , while I was watching one of your games last week in pa your parents were on the sideline comparing their team to YJ. Of course in their minds your TG team would destroy the same age YJ team , all the while playing in the B division. Too funny

Who is obsessed here? Is it not you and all the yj parents on here commenting? Look in the mirror!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I can sum this up? A couple of weeks ago Aa Top Gun parent posted

"After seeing a couple of practices I can confidently say TG is going to take over the girls lax world this summer."

some would say that was a taunt to other clubs, lets be honest ,we all look at the other clubs threads. In my opinion it was a direct taunt to the Y.J. , but even if it wasn't it set up the club for situations like this.

A win is a win , but a quality loss is better than a cheep win.

Maybe the directors signed up late and couldn't get into the Champions division but I think we all know thats not true, the T.G. brass put them in that division to assure a win. It seems to me the only people that truly care about wins and losses is Top Guns, followed in a close second by the Yellow Jackets who went to Best Of the Beach and played in there "A" division and won the tourney against who? The team that beat them the week before, the team that beat that team, and the team that won that tourney were all in the PA. "A" division. Another assured tourney championship to post on the web site.

SHAME ON BOTH CLUBS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I can sum this up? A couple of weeks ago Aa Top Gun parent posted

"After seeing a couple of practices I can confidently say TG is going to take over the girls lax world this summer."

some would say that was a taunt to other clubs, lets be honest ,we all look at the other clubs threads. In my opinion it was a direct taunt to the Y.J. , but even if it wasn't it set up the club for situations like this.

A win is a win , but a quality loss is better than a cheep win.

Maybe the directors signed up late and couldn't get into the Champions division but I think we all know thats not true, the T.G. brass put them in that division to assure a win. It seems to me the only people that truly care about wins and losses is Top Guns, followed in a close second by the Yellow Jackets who went to Best Of the Beach and played in there "A" division and won the tourney against who? The team that beat them the week before, the team that beat that team, and the team that won that tourney were all in the PA. "A" division. Another assured tourney championship to post on the web site.

SHAME ON BOTH CLUBS

Sorry I apologize it was the Lax By the Sea

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your child ever ends up in "that division" do I feel bad for her. The message should be about working hard and playing your best no matter what division you are playing. Some girls will play higher than others, isn't that why there is Division I, Division II and Division III? Does it lessen the competitiveness in each division if you play lower than DI. Absolutely not! Get off your high horses and start sending the right message to your children. Parents are by far worse than the kids playing. I don't believe their conservations begin with Hi.... I played in "A"bracket where did you play?..Take a lesson from your kids, chill out and just watch some good competitive lacrosse. Give it up already it is getting boring!!!

18-1 and 16-3 is good, competitive lacrosse??? Why don't you ask the parents/kids on the team you were playing what they think!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be , or maybe your coach called and advised them you are really a B division team and it would not be fair to play against an A level team, who knows, the only facts I know for sure are that when possible you guys play B division, but at least you beat that tuff bear team by a goal in the semis ,the funny thing is you guys are actually good enough to compete in the A division but your coach does not think so.

That Bear lax club is pretty good.... tall, fast California athletes,.. They are a team to be watched out for And BTW they would've beat a lot of the teams that took the field this weekend at national draw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that team is so good they put themselves in the B division with your TG team, seems strange that you want to claim to be one of the top travel programs around in such a short period of time then place yourselves in the B division. Just curious why the B division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't answer that as I was not consulted, maybe the tournament should consider revising the bracket names Champion , Elite, Extreme, you tell me which is which based on the names

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't answer that as I was not consulted, maybe the tournament should consider revising the bracket names Champion , Elite, Extreme, you tell me which is which based on the names
Your Kidding , This is the biggest case of denial I have ever seen. First , All the best travel clubs on the east coast were in the champions division , Second every tournament list the divisions from top to bottom, A,B,C,. Third ,if you read the tourney web site it tells you that the club directors decide what bracket a team will be in according to skill level. fourth, all you had to do was go the the tourney directors tent that day and they would have told you Champions = A, Elite =B etc....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
How are teams assigned to brackets? Does the tournament staff base it on past records? Does the club make the request? A combination of both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
How are teams assigned to brackets? Does the tournament staff base it on past records? Does the club make the request? A combination of both?

The word from National Draw officals regarding scheduling was caused by CR new color system; pairings speak for themselves. Younger Blue teams usually get knocked off and rightfully so by the M&D's and TG's 18's.Littlers only one 18 Blue and one 19 Blue both put in opposite divisions and could only match up in finals. Same in Varsity 13 Blue and 14 Blue could only match up in finals. Now look in Risers and JV where there are (2) 2016 Blue and (2) 2017 Blue same goes for (2) 2015 Blue all were placed in the same bracket. Why? Let them knock each other out early!!! Didn't happen to ant other club that clearly distinguishes top team in each age group. Littlers and Varsity with "old" Blue/Gold distinction got seperated and Risers and JV new Blue/Blue Gold/Gold distinction didin't. Keep playing games CR with your club, you made it easier for the rest of us. TG closed the gap very quickly won't be long now before you get passed up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep dreaming!! There was no confusion. The only dazed and confused person was mr top gun himself!! BS looked dazed and confused fighting with everyone all weekend. Get a grip on yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all TG parents from a TG parent. Could you please stop talking about the YJ and CR for one minute. You make us look like a bunch of complainers. If you're happy like I am, don't worry about them. Cheer on our girls and our program. Stop talking about the Yellow Jackets!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I 100 percent agree with this post, stop taking about CR and YJ program. Go support your daughters, play lacrosse, the rest will all play out. It's just a game and it sounds petty . Let them do the complaining take the high road

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys complain about CR but I've never seen her act like Daddy S did this weekend. Your club should be embarrassed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah she is just sneaky and does things behind the scenes, At least he is open and stands up for what he believes, so who is the embarrassment? I think you have that one wrong again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No camparison he is a complete joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No camparison he is a complete joke!

Dean Vernon Wormer:Fat,Drunk and stupid is know way to go through life son!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you learn how to spell comparison first, now who is the embarrassed one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns aren't sneaky? They held a full tryout, collected $35 from a bunch of girls and afterwards we heard they only had room for one 'new' player. The rest didn't make it, which was fine even though they were all quality players. They said they only were having one team for the age group... OK with that.

BUT THEN...they add a second (B) Purple team to the same age group. But instead of asking the kids who tried out the first time to start the new team, or have a second tryout, they hand picked a 2nd team from hometown West Babylon players and friends with the WB varsity coach as the coach. Does this seem fair to anyone else?

The TG parents should also let their kids know that most of their coaches are former Yellow Jackets and that's part of the reason they became the players they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns aren't sneaky? They held a full tryout, collected $35 from a bunch of girls and afterwards we heard they only had room for one 'new' player. The rest didn't make it, which was fine even though they were all quality players. They said they only were having one team for the age group... OK with that.

BUT THEN...they add a second (B) Purple team to the same age group. But instead of asking the kids who tried out the first time to start the new team, or have a second tryout, they hand picked a 2nd team from hometown West Babylon players and friends with the WB varsity coach as the coach. Does this seem fair to anyone else?

The TG parents should also let their kids know that most of their coaches are former Yellow Jackets and that's part of the reason they became the players they are.
My daughter is a 2015 player that tried out for Top Guns. She is a very good player, better than the girls that are on the top guns black team in the same position. A few months after try outs at a high school practice an older T.G. player that is close to the smith family told her that she had no chance of making that squad because the roster was already in place weeks before. I don't mind a team that secures spots for girls, most teams do. I do mind taking money from families in a bad economy that have no chance of making the team thats just dishonest. Quite frankly the team isn't that good , and she is quite happy where she is/was and wouldn't have played for them anyway. If they want to be like the Wave than just say so and stop taking peoples hard earned money and post on the site that the squad is set unless someone drops out. I also have to disagree with the statement that the the coaches that were Y.J's got to there level because of the Y.J's. They got there through hard work and practice. not because of the jersey on there back 2 months a year. Anyway good luck to you beating up B level talent.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 220 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard