BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 111 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pomp is a greta man,coach and educator. too bad the pussification of America {ex PARENTS} got involved again

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been there30 years . Escalate ? Your a moron. He didn't hit anyone .look in the mirror ,sounds like Jr dosent play too much.BOO HOO for Jr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I just heard this horrible news today. I am truly saddened. This decision has hurt the young men who will never get the Pomps experience. A guy that every kid connected with. He is straight up, honest, approachable, encouraging, passionate about the game, real guy, loved the sports he coached, loved the kids he coached. Awesome man who smiled cause he was happy doing what he did. How unfortunate that the future Chaminade boys are unknowingly being punished by not having access to a mentor like Pomps.

I guarantee he wasn't upset about losing. I bet he was pissed about the disregard for the discipline and hard work that goes into building a team, the lack of respect for your team and coaches by not caring, the individual selfishness vs the pride of family / team. I played for that man. I know how he's wired. I now coach my own children with the same passion and love and demand for "give it your best... no excuse" mentality that Pomps brought to work and taught everyday.

What words could he have possibly said that demanded such a punishment?? The passion, although maybe too much at that moment, IS the lesson to those young men. Teach them to be passionate, dedicated, driven to excellence, hard working, empowered, and focused. Losing is NOT okay. Compete to Win!! Don't be so cavalier about losing.

Playing for Pomps was a great time in my life and for so many guys I'm still friends with 27 years later. Chaminade is an amazing place. It breeds young men who are hungry to be great in many ways...in classrooms, on the fields, with your family. We left there ready, driven and hungry. Nothing was handed to us.

Chaminade got this one wrong. It is a worse place without Pomps on the field. That guy came to school everyday to teach so he could get out on that field in the afternoon. He loves those kids, they love him and the next generation will not know him because of this incident. Its wrong and unjust.

Boo Hoo, move on. I guess if the guy just grabbed a kid by the nape of the neck, or kicked one in the [lacrosse]... That would be ok too right? No big deal, kid was out of line. It's football right? Gotta be hard mother F'er. Ya know, because no Coach back in the day ever did that right? Maybe the brothers should start paddling the kids again too. Keep these kids in line, teach 'em what's what. Do you see why they removed him now? Lack of self control tends to escalate.

there is something seriously wrong with you. How bad were you picked on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
I just heard this horrible news today. I am truly saddened. This decision has hurt the young men who will never get the Pomps experience. A guy that every kid connected with. He is straight up, honest, approachable, encouraging, passionate about the game, real guy, loved the sports he coached, loved the kids he coached. Awesome man who smiled cause he was happy doing what he did. How unfortunate that the future Chaminade boys are unknowingly being punished by not having access to a mentor like Pomps.

I guarantee he wasn't upset about losing. I bet he was pissed about the disregard for the discipline and hard work that goes into building a team, the lack of respect for your team and coaches by not caring, the individual selfishness vs the pride of family / team. I played for that man. I know how he's wired. I now coach my own children with the same passion and love and demand for "give it your best... no excuse" mentality that Pomps brought to work and taught everyday.

What words could he have possibly said that demanded such a punishment?? The passion, although maybe too much at that moment, IS the lesson to those young men. Teach them to be passionate, dedicated, driven to excellence, hard working, empowered, and focused. Losing is NOT okay. Compete to Win!! Don't be so cavalier about losing.

Playing for Pomps was a great time in my life and for so many guys I'm still friends with 27 years later. Chaminade is an amazing place. It breeds young men who are hungry to be great in many ways...in classrooms, on the fields, with your family. We left there ready, driven and hungry. Nothing was handed to us.

Chaminade got this one wrong. It is a worse place without Pomps on the field. That guy came to school everyday to teach so he could get out on that field in the afternoon. He loves those kids, they love him and the next generation will not know him because of this incident. Its wrong and unjust.

Boo Hoo, move on. I guess if the guy just grabbed a kid by the nape of the neck, or kicked one in the [lacrosse]... That would be ok too right? No big deal, kid was out of line. It's football right? Gotta be hard mother F'er. Ya know, because no Coach back in the day ever did that right? Maybe the brothers should start paddling the kids again too. Keep these kids in line, teach 'em what's what. Do you see why they removed him now? Lack of self control tends to escalate. [/quo

will you stop intimating he was about to hit a kid. Stop embellishing. That's not even remotely what happened. Take your to grind somewhere else. You are acting like a rabid dog.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade hasn't been an amazing place for a while now. They have tons of money so they will stay relevant for as long as they want, but the world has caught on to them and in some ways caught up to them. This is just another sign that the golden era of Chaminade is over.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade hasn't been an amazing place for a while now. They have tons of money so they will stay relevant for as long as they want, but the world has caught on to them and in some ways caught up to them. This is just another sign that the golden era of Chaminade is over.

We'll all just take your word for that, OK?
Thanks for helping shed light on the subject of Chaminade's status.

The thousands of kids who attended the open house this weekend should have stayed home. The 16 Bloomberg terminals at the school (the only HS to have such a program) should be shut off. They should not proceed with the breaking of ground for the multi million dollar STEM Center this year. The significantly above average SAT scores and College enrollment will immediately cease. No future grad will ever be a success because you say Chaminade is no longer amazing and the golden era is over.

Thanks for your help on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thousands of kids who attended the open house this weekend should have stayed home. The 16 Bloomberg terminals at the school (the only HS to have such a program) should be shut off. They should not proceed with the breaking of ground for the multi million dollar STEM Center this year. The significantly above average SAT scores and College enrollment will immediately cease. No future grad will ever be a success because you say Chaminade is no longer amazing and the golden era is over.

That's right! That's why you don't yell at a kid on the bus when they are not behaving !
It all goes to [lacrosse]! (If the kid tells his mommy)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His point is culture , things change Times Change . I wouldn't want my son taping anyone , somebody earlier said that was a good thing. Fast forward years down the road how's he going to be remembered . everything could have been handled differently .

Honor code is one thing .taping is another . Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES, the kid taping him messed up, but who took this way out of control are the parents. Do they honestly now think they did the right thing? I'm sure they are wishing they could take it all back. It is the parents job to do what is right here and maybe they should have spoken to the coach, but not take it to the level it's at. I'm am sure this kid is hiding under a rock and wants to move to Alaska!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
leave us alone you haters. every chance people get they gossip or pick on how Chaminade runs its school and sports. pur jealousy. it remains the most elite education and athletic program in the state , probably the east half of country!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having been in attendance there when it was the best, I did(and still do) feel qualified to have written that most helpful and enlightening post. Re-read what I wrote (if you are capable of it) and put down your Kool-Aide. Critical thinking and observation of facts were things that were always taught. It seems to me that you are a daddy who has too much dad gear in his closet and you are trying too hard to protect your sizeable investment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty easy to have above average SAT scores and College Enrollment when you only take the smartest kids to begin with. Relax, Chaminade is not taking an average academic kid and making him a scholar. They are taking scholars and reaping the benefits of their achievements. Achievements these same kids had before they went to the school, and would have had, had they never attended. Oh, and if you falter or struggle, you're out. When they start taking average kids and making huge improvements with those kids, let us know. Until then, stop spouting. Kind of like Hopkins saying we're great at Lacrosse because we're Hopkins. They are great because they have the best recruiting classes year in and year out. Still can't win a Championship, but that's another story completely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty easy to have above average SAT scores and College Enrollment when you only take the smartest kids to begin with. Relax, Chaminade is not taking an average academic kid and making him a scholar. They are taking scholars and reaping the benefits of their achievements. Achievements these same kids had before they went to the school, and would have had, had they never attended. Oh, and if you falter or struggle, you're out. When they start taking average kids and making huge improvements with those kids, let us know. Until then, stop spouting. Kind of like Hopkins saying we're great at Lacrosse because we're Hopkins. They are great because they have the best recruiting classes year in and year out. Still can't win a Championship, but that's another story completely.

What's your point?? It's a great school. Great schools take the brightest kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ain't that the truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your kid didn't get in

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Now that's a great post!

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having been in attendance there when it was the best, I did(and still do) feel qualified to have written that most helpful and enlightening post. Re-read what I wrote (if you are capable of it) and put down your Kool-Aide. Critical thinking and observation of facts were things that were always taught. It seems to me that you are a daddy who has too much dad gear in his closet and you are trying too hard to protect your sizeable investment.

Your comment was simply one persons opinion and presented zero facts to back it up.
I replied with hard facts.

I'm very sure that you think the golden era of the past was golden because you were there way back then to enlighten everyone and thus make it "the best".

You should be glad that your Chaminade experience gives you the confidence to express that opinion. However, I question your capacity for critical thinking, and reserve the right to call BS when someone makes misleading generalizations that are not fact based.

You said you attended---- but did you graduate?

I also question your self bestowed qualifications. Unless you served in ww2 and are part of what most people call the greatest generation, I would suggest we are from rather similar eras,

As a grad from the mid 80"s, I have both an personal connection and also a realization that the recent crop of classes, both graduating and entering, are statistically more competitive than when I attended. One might take pride in having helped lay a strong foundation and contributed to progress.

Now that you have more to go with, would you care to provide some more enlightenment? Please just stick to the facts.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
You two are quite eloquent in defense of your arguments but may I add some insight from a public school kid.
GET A FREAKING ROOM!
Exchange emails and duke it out in private. You're boring the rest of us.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
You two are quite eloquent in defense of your arguments but may I add some insight from a public school kid.
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

HOP, you missed the chance to be educated by men in dresses? In reality there are fewer and fewer "men of the cloth" at the school and the place is not run the way it used to be. It just isn't as good as a result. The school can cover up the wrinkles with facilities and services but the face still dhows the signs of aging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

HOP, you missed the chance to be educated by men in dresses? In reality there are fewer and fewer "men of the cloth" at the school and the place is not run the way it used to be. It just isn't as good as a result. The school can cover up the wrinkles with facilities and services but the face still dhows the signs of aging.

Read the letter that the Coach from Yale just wrote to the administration and you will see you are wrong. Praised Pomps, Chaminade and the character of the men who graduate from there. Cham has had more captains at Yale than any other high school. Pomps is the only JV, yes ONLY JV, coach in the COUNTRY that Yale even speaks with. Yale recruits these boys primarily because of Pomps and the type of men that Chaminade graduates. These are good students and leaders of great character, and upstanding values. The men who teach there are dedicated whether they are of the cloth or not.
BTW, the boy who took the video has left the school (clearly not of the same character).

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

Read the letter that the Coach from Yale just wrote to the administration and you will see you are wrong. Praised Pomps, Chaminade and the character of the men who graduate from there. Cham has had more captains at Yale than any other high school. Pomps is the only JV, yes ONLY JV, coach in the COUNTRY that Yale even speaks with. Yale recruits these boys primarily because of Pomps and the type of men that Chaminade graduates. These are good students and leaders of great character, and upstanding values. The men who teach there are dedicated whether they are of the cloth or not.
BTW, the boy who took the video has left the school (clearly not of the same character).

I'm sure Chaminade is an outstanding institution and it's alumni and students are better for having attended. With that said, keep the personal back and forths to a minimum as some of us don't care to read the novels some are posting.
Register and contact each other directly through our BOTC PM system. It's anonymous so you can still speak your mind.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
personal back and forth???..isnt that why you have this blog...thats all people do all day on this site. parents rank 8 yr old kids on how they play lax...I personally think this is more important than 8 yr old lax...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

That's nice of the Yale coach to stand up for Pomps but you are a bit off in your assessment. He is the only JV coach that college coaches will speak to because of the following:
1. Early recruiting
2. Chaminade is the only school that doesn't bring 9th and 10th graders up to varsity (or rarely does)

Therefore, the Chaminade JV coach is actually a more important recruiting resource than the Varsity coach. I'm sure the HC has a strong say, but most of his kids are done before they even put on a Varsity uniform these days.

These same JV kids would be on their Varsity teams if they stayed at their local public school and no college coach would be speaking to their JV coach about recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

Where can we find the letter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

Where can we find the letter?

It is circulating via email through the alumni

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

Where is the letter from yale?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why anyone would bash or knock Chaminade when it comes to being a prestigious school is beyond me. I have no irons in the fire and did not attend Chaminade, but the idea that it is not among the best HS's when it comes to academics, athletics and turning out successful young men is preposterous. What went from defending or castigating a defrocked JV lax coach has morphed into a full on assault on Chaminade. Wow...I know there are probably jealous folks out there, but this is way too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

The letter is very strong, I read it (do not ask if I will share as I will not). Also Gerry Byrne from ND wrote a very strong letter on the petition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
Why anyone would bash or knock Chaminade when it comes to being a prestigious school is beyond me. I have no irons in the fire and did not attend Chaminade, but the idea that it is not among the best HS's when it comes to academics, athletics and turning out successful young men is preposterous. What went from defending or castigating a defrocked JV lax coach has morphed into a full on assault on Chaminade. Wow...I know there are probably jealous folks out there, but this is way too much.

If you can read, no one is bashing. But the Chaminade defenders deny any suggestion that they are not perfect. It's always the case with them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please I don't know the full story but I have been to Cham hockey games and the language I heard from players wasn't pretty

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
always will be extremes on any topic....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET A FREAKING ROOM!

The letter is very strong, I read it (do not ask if I will share as I will not). Also Gerry Byrne from ND wrote a very strong letter on the petition.

Why not share it? Especially after citing to it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 current Head D1 Assistants who are all Chamiande Alum (gerry byrne being one of those, as was mentioned). All have written and spoken with the Administration at Chaminade and have echoed the voice of thousands of fellow alum (and other coaches within their profession). Like Coach Shay at Yale, they have expressed the impact that this Coach has had on the youngmen they too have had the opportunity to Coach.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
personal back and forth???..isnt that why you have this blog...thats all people do all day on this site. parents rank 8 yr old kids on how they play lax...I personally think this is more important than 8yr old lax...

No this site is not here for immature adults to slam each other. Especially in novel type length.
I also think it's ridiculous for adults to rank little kids travel teams or comment on their ability or lack thereof.
Some posters on here seem to live their lives through their eight year olds accomplishments on the lacrosse field...equally ridiculous.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 3 current Head D1 Assistants who are all Chamiande Alum (gerry byrne being one of those, as was mentioned). All have written and spoken with the Administration at Chaminade and have echoed the voice of thousands of fellow alum (and other coaches within their profession). Like Coach Shay at Yale, they have expressed the impact that this Coach has had on the youngmen they too have had the opportunity to Coach.

Administration is not changing their position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the "hero" left the school ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would that make you happy if the kid left? Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Parents who presented the video to the school exposed the child. What has happened as a result, in every respect, is their fault. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Whiner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! He will learn a great lesson from all this...don't be a Weasle!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't care less. I do however care quite a bit about the coach.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 111 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard