BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 70 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many teams are practicing already? I don't mean had one practice, but are going weekly?

From what I've heard Legacy (2x a week), Outlaws (1X a week), Empire (1x a week) and Warriors (2X a week) are practicing. I'm sure Bandits and Badgers are, just don't know how often.

wow. 2x week in the fall at 5th grade? long term payoff potential is not equal to the potential burnout factor. Good for winning 5th grade tournaments though.

When is it OK to practice 2x a week in the fall? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious on your thoughts. They're not babies anymore. These boys have been, for the most part, playing lax for 4-5 years now. Some have been playing travel for 2-3. I see Baseball, Wrestling, Hockey and Soccer practicing a few times a week (year round now). I'm OK with doing it with lax. The way I see it, if your kid wants to do it, let him. If he's fighting you to go to practice, you're not long for the team anyway. My only concern is that it really interferes with the boy's football schedules. That should come first in the fall since it's not played in any other season on LI.

It's perfectly fine to practice 2-3 days per week if there is no other sport involved. There is no burnout when you mix up the training during the week. Ex. shooting/feeding day 1, dodging day 2, IQ:offense/defense/fast breaks/clearing day 3

Lots of research against early specialization. That's fine for an in season schedule. But to have elementary school kids do that year round is essentially precluding them from other sports. Yes it's happening in other sports like soccer but it's not good for those kids either. I have 2 in high school and two younger ones. The club stuff and intense commitment is coming earlier and earlier. Very few kids benefit from that in the long run but it's a great way to create super teams in youth lax. I see some kids in high school viewing the game almost like a job rather than a passion. And those kids didn't start the club circuit until 5th/6th. I just think it's too much too soon. Maybe I'm the minority.

My son plays football, basketball and lax. We are also avid skiers. Things get busy, but we make it work and he enjoys all of his activities. With that being said, travel teams are tournament teams. Tournaments are played to win. If a team wants to be the best team (the goal of every team), they will be judged by tournament and head to head wins. These wins only come via practice. The more tournaments a team wins, the more kids will want to play for that team, the better the team gets.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Shore 2 Shore? Is it just a version of 32.? Is 32 no Ionger a program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are practicing already? I don't mean had one practice, but are going weekly?

From what I've heard Legacy (2x a week), Outlaws (1X a week), Empire (1x a week) and Warriors (2X a week) are practicing. I'm sure Bandits and Badgers are, just don't know how often.

Outlaws had 1 practice. New head coach wasn't there and PB came late. Not exactly a ideal start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws had 1 practice. New head coach wasn't there and PB came late. Not exactly a ideal start.

Unless you are new and didn't know, then Get used to it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Invite only, top secret.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
User
User
I'm amazed at the posts stating that winning travel tournaments is the #1 goal of some of these top clubs and their parents.
Not what 5th grade travel lacrosse is supposed to be about.
Development, life skills and a positive experience is what is supposed to be gained. Not only wins.
The win at all cost attitude is ruining many kids, their parents relationship with those kids and our sport.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hop, so true and so sad. Too many parents are using the club their kids play on and how well they do as a way of keeping score. We actually had dads last year bet on whose kid scored more goals in a tournament, same team.. and told their kids they were betting. Could have been "a sign of the apocalypse" story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Old screamer from igloo is the coach and the 32 kids that did not go Igloo. Throw in a few HB's and some Rock Ctr kids and you have a wonderful sausage of a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No HBs went to STS and only a handful of 32 kids went.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will they challenge the Banditos? Can they keep up? Is that the idea?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No HBs went to STS and only a handful of 32 kids went.

Right. Only a handful of 32 kids because Igloo took 10 of them. 32 only had 15 kids last year. I think your wrong on the HB post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Old screamer from igloo is the coach and the 32 kids that did not go Igloo. Throw in a few HB's and some Rock Ctr kids and you have a wonderful sausage of a team.

Yep, DK is the only lax coach to ever yell at a kid for screwing up a play. Igloo parents are so sensitive, can't wait to see PS and SH throw a bouquet of roses at the first kid who makes a mistake. You want to compete with the Bandits and Express but you expect your coach to carry himself like a nursery school teacher. Good luck. You got what you wanted, DK is gone. Leave the man be and worry about your own team. I've got a feeling you'll find plenty to complain about under the new regime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear express has two a teams in this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's doing what tournaments this fall???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You hear that or you took a 5 second look at their website to fine that out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three actually. 2 a teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ive heard 3 Express teams, Igloo, Outlaws, Legacy and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know what team 91 national is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are three express team in bracket, but express haugen is in 2022. Are they playing up? In 2023 there is Chaney, chaney 2 and white. Are one of those Haugens team going under a different name to play in both brackets? 2022 is playing later in the day. Don't see express having 4 2023 teams. Looks like a competitive bracket. Not sure of 91 warriors, legacy, express white doing much. Should come down to outlaws, igloo and one of the chaneys (if they are Haugens team/old honey badgers)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not correct I know 2 HBs that went

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not correct I know 2 HBs that went

What is not correct? Whom are you answering too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know what team 91 national is?
91 Tri State

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused by all of these Express teams. Which team is Express 1, which is Express 2 and which is Express 3? Are the Honey Badgers gone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are three express team in bracket, but express haugen is in 2022. Are they playing up? In 2023 there is Chaney, chaney 2 and white. Are one of those Haugens team going under a different name to play in both brackets? 2022 is playing later in the day. Don't see express having 4 2023 teams. Looks like a competitive bracket. Not sure of 91 warriors, legacy, express white doing much. Should come down to outlaws, igloo and one of the chaneys (if they are Haugens team/old honey badgers)

Where did you see a schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused by all of these Express teams. Which team is Express 1, which is Express 2 and which is Express 3? Are the Honey Badgers gone?

Trying to figure that out myself. The tournament on Monday (is that vague enough) has three 2023 express teams. In 2022 bracket is express haugen, which is a coach of 2023. Honey badgers are still here but don't go by that name, wondering if that is them playing up in Monday tournament or are the honey badgers going as Chaney or Chaney 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of express teams. Maybe a mistake. No way they have 4 right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to figure that out myself. The tournament on Monday (is that vague enough) has three 2023 express teams. In 2022 bracket is express haugen, which is a coach of 2023. Honey badgers are still here but don't go by that name, wondering if that is them playing up in Monday tournament or are the honey badgers going as Chaney or Chaney 2.

Could it be they swapped 2023 Haugen and 2022 Channy in error??? Where's the schedule posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is only one Channy 2023 team and one Channy 2022 team. I smell a scam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or its the same old express - have players play on one team all while playing for a second team usually in a lower division just so they can get their t-shirt at the end of the day. They swap players on teams all the time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or its the same old express - have players play on one team all while playing for a second team usually in a lower division just so they can get their t-shirt at the end of the day. They swap players on teams all the time

The 2022 bracket also has two chaneys plus the haugen and a lynott. So that's 7 express teams between 2022 and 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look through the age groups. There are like 57 Express teams playing. I'm calling [lacrosse] already. Back of the Cage, after last year, aren't you the tourney police? Any comment from Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who doesnt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 has 3 teams, team haugen (honey badgers)team channy and team white. Team haugen is playing 2022 with channy 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 has 3 teams, team haugen (honey badgers)team channy and team white. Team haugen is playing 2022 with channy 2022

Right, Soooooo why do both divisions have a Channy 2 team? What team is that? No such team is listed on their website. Assuming it's either 22 playing down in 2023 and the 2023 playing up in 2022? Explain how that works please...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well then who is team channy 2 in 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are two Chaney teams in 2023 bracket and a white. Then what makes up the two chaneys. Are they splitting the Chaney team for tournament or as in original question, is Haugens team going under the name Chaney for 2023 bracket and haugen for 2022 bracket? Simple question seems very hard to explain.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Where is this schedule you are looking at????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by poppa17

Either way, Express is cheating and Legacy seems to be fine with it. Since you can't have kids on the roster of multiple teams, and they definitely don't have that many teams, they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Legacy is letting them do it too which is just as bad. That program is really falling hard. First tourney of the year and this is how both clubs want to start? Disgraceful by both of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do you find the schedule?
Originally Posted by poppa17

Either way, Express is cheating and Legacy seems to be fine with it. Since you can't have kids on the roster of multiple teams, and they definitely don't have that many teams, they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Legacy is letting them do it too which is just as bad. That program is really falling hard. First tourney of the year and this is how both clubs want to start? Disgraceful by both of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares its a tournament on Columbus day. They could have 10 express teams go let your son have fun. You parents have serious issues. I know your 10 year old kids are not posting this. Post after post about the schedule. It is so sad that you guys care about this. There will be no scouts on Monday watching your kids.

Page 15 of 70 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard