BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 90 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ironically our friends to the north opened the door for this now almost universal grade based segmentation of youth club lacrosse. In 2012 there were ZERO grade based clubs in MD. Breakers, FCA, Hawks, Madlax, Looneys, Roughriders, Green Turtle.... even Crabs were age based -- u11, u13, u15 in youth and then grade in HS. And all local tournaments were age based. I think when rec teams started getting pounding by teams named Express 2019, Crush 2020 etc in what had been rec tournaments LaxSpash/Beachlax -- the seas of change were set in motion. That scourge of youth sports took over – the need to win at all costs and opportunity to make money. The next thing you know its dump the rec programs and organize by grade to take advantage of kids who were held back in kindergarten. More clubs, more tournaments, more money. Now we have Team 91 MD breaking new ground on how much money we can fleece parents for in youth lax in MD. My original point is that clubs in Maryland, DC and Va followed the format created in NY. It’s imperfect and unnecessary but for the most part keeps kids within an 18 month window. Of course there are some that push the limit but the “double hold-back” is a myth. There is a rule in the MIAA that you can’t turn 19 before school year and play a sport. Anyway you can’t blame teams for organizing by grade when that’s how tournaments and teams from other regions are formed. If clubs on LI feel the system is unfair/unsafe – let’s see some leadership organize your teams/tournaments by single year’s u11, u12, u13 etc and based on US Lax 9/1 cut-offs. Many including me would welcome the change. Until then you are just whining about a system you helped create.

100% spot on true and accurate and the best post in this entire forum...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from LI, parent of a '20 (appropriate age), sounds reasonable to me. get rid of 5/1 as cutoff (ridiculous) and organize tournaments by u age as of 9/1. I don't care if the author of this is crabs/looney's/leadiug edge/breakers/crush/fl$- great post and agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be happy you got 5 other teams got 0. Respect is earned not giving. Other Long Island teams need to smack down express to start getting noticed. You will all get your chance to beat us if we go to any tournaments you are in. Until than its crush and us on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge here we up graded 8 players from the team that played sweetlax last year. fl$ are a much better team than they were last year. Could have won the final if they didn't run into a hot goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2020..5..Hawks 0...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2020..5..Hawks 0...

Where???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express author...so humble. Enjoy beating your drum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express folks may not understand this mathematical equation so perhaps someone can help them with it but:

Legacy > LI EXPRESS Twerps

The proof to said equation will be released soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOUNG GUNS....this past summer
HAWKS forgot where the goal was...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOUNG GUNS....this past summer
HAWKS forgot where the goal was...

Why bring up game from 2014/15 between MD teams on board for 2015/16 NY?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge here we up graded 8 players from the team that played sweetlax last year. fl$ are a much better team than they were last year. Could have won the final if they didn't run into a hot goalie

Edge parent huh? Yeah and I'm Santa Claus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes edge parent u want my postal code?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yes edge parent u want my postal code? [/quote

Edge parent, don't even bother with that poster, he's just a bitter ex-fl$ parent who can't move on. Appreciate you guys making the trip on Sunday and giving us two great games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually Ithaca is not bad 4 hours and we like the Sweetlax people. Don't think we see you (fl$) again so good luck with the rest of your season this fall and hopefully we see you again next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait until all the Baltimore teams crush Crush in the fall or summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually Ithaca is not bad 4 hours and we like the Sweetlax people. Don't think we see you (fl$) again so good luck with the rest of your season this fall and hopefully we see you again next summer.

So who played in this tournament and what were the scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from LI, parent of a '20 (appropriate age), sounds reasonable to me. get rid of 5/1 as cutoff (ridiculous) and organize tournaments by u age as of 9/1. I don't care if the author of this is crabs/looney's/leadiug edge/breakers/crush/fl$- great post and agreed.

Agree-back to 9/1 ! Too bad nobody has the guts and ability to put into place and enforce. NJ is trying to cut down on holdbacks who do so for sports and proposing kids that were held back in middle school only be permitted to play 3 years in high school. That would put an end to this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait until all the Baltimore teams crush Crush in the fall or summer.

Sad state of affairs when you can only dream of doing that now because you kicked off all your age appropriate kids to replace them with older kids. News flash- you didn't get better- you got older. Losers with a need to be noticed drop down to play younger kids. Talented kids stay on age and play up. Hope your teams aren't embarassed by younger kids. You best be able to double digit win if your older players are so good, otherwise they just may have wasted a year and look silly not being able to stand out against the younger kids.

If you were that good, your whole team would play up. That's where the coaches will be this year. I'm sure the LI teams will challenge themselves- but the Baltimore holdbacks won't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who played in this tournament and what were the scores?

refer to page 45

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree-back to 9/1 ! Too bad nobody has the guts and ability to put into place and enforce. NJ is trying to cut down on holdbacks who do so for sports and proposing kids that were held back in middle school only be permitted to play 3 years in high school. That would put an end to this nonsense.

Your kid born in Q4? Just go to calendar year groupings, 5/1, 9/1, all arbitrary

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw that legislation being introduced in Jersey. Good for them! Hope others will follow their lead!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not just play in year of birth? Why do 9/1 it just opens up for abuse. This system works in hockey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw that legislation being introduced in Jersey. Good for them! Hope others will follow their lead!

Be careful what you wish for. The next thing will be regulating if kids are legally allowed to be cut from a team....Sports need to fix themselves from within.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful what you wish for. The next thing will be regulating if kids are legally allowed to be cut from a team....Sports need to fix themselves from within.

Agreed , but do you think that with this sport in particular it would actually happen from within ? I honestly don't think so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying, Long Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep cheating Maryland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid born in Q4? Just go to calendar year groupings, 5/1, 9/1, all arbitrary

8/31 or 9/1 is used for most sports because they are trying to align as close as possible by grade and most of the country uses a 9/1 school cutoff. Understand NY does not but the rest of the country does and it allows as many kids as possible to play with their legitimate classmates. It is also the date that the old age system in youth lacrosse used before the grade based system was pushed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how do 2019 kids get to play on 2020 teams? Is that only allowed for daddy coaches kids, or can my 2019 kid tryout for a 2020 team next year? Just wondering how it works?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't magically create a great player by holding a kid back. It may appear that a mediocre player is a better temporarily, but that will only last a little while. If you hold a great player back, they will continue to be great and look amazing. Problem is most of the kids being held back now are not great, just average. In a few years they will be average again. If they happen to be recruited the majority will ride the bench. Cream rises to the top, no matter how hard you shake the milk!

i know you want to believe this but do yourself a favor and look at the birthdays/grad years on the top div 1 teams. not all publish this info but some do. The MAJORITY were 19 entering freshman year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't magically create a great player by holding a kid back. It may appear that a mediocre player is a better temporarily, but that will only last a little while. If you hold a great player back, they will continue to be great and look amazing. Problem is most of the kids being held back now are not great, just average. In a few years they will be average again. If they happen to be recruited the majority will ride the bench. Cream rises to the top, no matter how hard you shake the milk!

i know you want to believe this but do yourself a favor and look at the birthdays/grad years on the top div 1 teams. not all publish this info but some do. The MAJORITY were 19 entering freshman year.

I'm not sure that's true. It's not most. It's some. And many of those you mentioned were already stand out players that did a PG year for a variety of reasons. Doing a PG year after you are already committed is very different that putting your 9th grader on an 8th grade team to make him look better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz vs Sons on Monday. Should be a good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep cheating, Maryland!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess that makes it alright then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever heard of Elev8 futures lacrosse from Canada? They are in a tournament we are playing in. From their website they appear to be 9th graders playing 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever heard of Elev8 futures lacrosse from Canada? They are in a tournament we are playing in. From their website they appear to be 9th graders playing 2020.

They are from Calgary, Western Canada. Where are you playing them? Looks like a west Coast version of Edge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are from Calgary, Western Canada. Where are you playing them? Looks like a west Coast version of Edge.

Richmond

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run by Geoff Snider face-off man fro Canada. In Canada quality of play goes Ontario BC Alberta in that order. They may be older but I wouldn't lose any sleep about playing them. What tournament are they traveling to? They usually play mid-west and western USA. There base in Calgary

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumble in Richmond?

Page 18 of 90 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard