BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
High School Lax
A Holl Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know where I can find the Pre Season Conference/Division seedings?

Thank you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Sayville Varsity coach
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an update on the status of the Sayville varsity head coach? The Board of Education did not reinstate him and now the program is in limbo.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Re: Sayville Varsity coach
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have an update on the status of the Sayville varsity head coach? The Board of Education did not reinstate him and now the program is in limbo.

That guy was such a tool. Good riddance. The program will be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That guy was such a tool. Good riddance. The program will be fine.

He will be back. No one has applied for the position.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So why will he be back?
If board choose not to reinstate him
Why would they change there minds

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
So why will he be back?

He won't be back. He essentially told the town that the board and superintendent were liars. They are steadfast in their refusal to bend on their stance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

He won't be back. He essentially told the town that the board and superintendent were liars. They are steadfast in their refusal to bend on their stance.

If that is true I hope they find someone good to replace him. It's a pretty good program and you can't have some B of E, hand picked tool come in. (SWR 2 years ago). Going to be tough to get another coach to come in after the current coach was forced out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has built a pretty good program. A couple of county championships and a Long Island championship. They are always in the mix. How is he a tool?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

If that is true I hope they find someone good to replace him. It's a pretty good program and you can't have some B of E, hand picked tool come in. (SWR 2 years ago). Going to be tough to get another coach to come in after the current coach was forced out.

Not really that hard. This is LI. It's not hard to find someone who knows the game. I don't really care because my son is a senior and he, along with many of the team, didn't like playing for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

Not really that hard. This is LI. It's not hard to find someone who knows the game. I don't really care because my son is a senior and he, along with many of the team, didn't like playing for him.

No doubt there are plenty of guys that know the game, but you need to find one that has the time and schedule availability, to coach a HS team all year round. A 9-5 guy won't work.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No coach can make everyone happy! I know a lot of kids who loved him. He has been successful. I'm sure the kids who've won championships liked him and the many kids playing in college do too. What makes him a tool? Please don't say because he only plays his favorites because his favorites produce and that would be EVERY High School coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has built a pretty good program. A couple of county championships and a Long Island championship. They are always in the mix. How is he a tool?

Exactly. Person calling him a tool probably has a kid that didn't get enough playing time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Person calling him a tool probably has a kid that didn't get enough playing time!

Most people in Sayville think very little of him. The exception being the starters on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No coach can make everyone happy! I know a lot of kids who loved him. He has been successful. I'm sure the kids who've won championships liked him and the many kids playing in college do too. What makes him a tool? Please don't say because he only plays his favorites because his favorites produce and that would be EVERY High School coach.

Easy there, CD. Go have a few more drinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most people in Sayville think very little of him. The exception being the starters on the team.

Einstein. If your son isn't starting or playing, obviously you're not going to be happy. Blame the coach, not your son of course or your DNA.

If you polled the alumni, I know they would have only good things to say about him. I'm one of them. I was challenged to be better than I thought I could be and its benefitted me in my post-athletics career. Losing someone who is so dedicated and driven to mold boys into men would be a real shame. Sayville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

What does a BoE know about coaching lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

Knowing the game is 20% of the job if that much. You have to be committed. I didn't like my college coach when I played for him, he was tough, but I respected him and realized years later that he made me a better person. Lacrosse is not lollipops and gum drops and neither is the real world. The sooner kids learn this, the better off they will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Mike....your son is junior...not a senior

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The exception being the starters on the team? Really the kids who aren't good enough and their parents don't like him? Here's a tip if they aren't good enough to start on a High School team they aren't very good! Sayville while a good program is a small school and has a small gene pool. Imagine if your non starter went to Ward Melville or Sachem. I guess that those coaches are tools too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

Not sure, but their responsibility goes beyond a mediocre lacrosse program. His actions repeatedly put the district in a bad position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why will he be back?

Not sure, but their responsibility goes beyond a mediocre lacrosse program. His actions repeatedly put the district in a bad position.

How did his actions put the district in a "bad position"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He put the BOE in a bad position by sending out emails to the lacrosse community when they tried to cut his and the JV assistant coach positions. The community turned out in force to the BOE meeting. They were definitely pissed off at that but reinstated the coaches for the season. After taking the team to the county final he was let go for ambiguous reasons. Everyone knows it's because he stood up to the BOE! Please correct me if I am wrong but that's NOT putting the District in a bad position.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What about the PW coach? Why did he leave?? Who is going to take his spot??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He put the BOE in a bad position by sending out emails to the lacrosse community when they tried to cut his and the JV assistant coach positions. The community turned out in force to the BOE meeting. They were definitely pissed off at that but reinstated the coaches for the season. After taking the team to the county final he was let go for ambiguous reasons. Everyone knows it's because he stood up to the BOE! Please correct me if I am wrong but that's NOT putting the District in a bad position.

I see that as acting as a member of the community for the community. What would you expect a committed coach to do. I applaud his stance. A lesser coach would have coward under the pressure.

I see the BOE as acting bad, if this is all the case. Shame on them!

Like a prior post said you cant make everyone happy but you need to see the leadership role he is trying to take. but he must remember you can only bite the hand that feeds you so many times!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BOE put coach D, the lacrosse program and the community in a "bad position" by trying to force him to coach a top level Varsity team without assistant coaches. The BOE should be ashamed. Name another LI program that doesn't have an assistant coach? I think the Board forgot who they serve-the Sayville community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by jackstraw

Assuming part of it is to avoid coaching against his own kids at Syosset who are approaching the age to be on varsity in the next few years. Conflict of interest., etc etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming part of it is to avoid coaching against his own kids at Syosset who are approaching the age to be on varsity in the next few years. Conflict of interest., etc etc

Where did this Port W news get announced?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BOE put coach D, the lacrosse program and the community in a "bad position" by trying to force him to coach a top level Varsity team without assistant coaches. The BOE should be ashamed. Name another LI program that doesn't have an assistant coach? I think the Board forgot who they serve-the Sayville community.

Most have more then 1 assistant.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Where did this Port W news get announced?

Grapevine. It's true though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. There seems to be some strong feelings on both sides of this one. For what it's worth, he's not a bad guy. He just comes across as being an arrogant guy, but when he gets to know you that falls away. As far as his coaching goes, he's coached my son in PAL for the last few years. I think he puts people in the best position to do well, but he doesn't really coach in a traditional sense. He doesn't stop and teach kids what they're doing wrong, just basically tells them they're doing something wrong and expects them to fix it themselves. The BOEs problem with him had nothing to do with with that though. If we're being completely honest, he had been getting under their skin for awhile. Many people complained to the board for years that they thought they were bullied into playing on that God-awful Spartans team he ran. Word got out that if kids didn't play Spartans they would never start in HS. Trust me, my guy played for 3 years and finished last year. It was a money grab sham. No need to go into anymore detail, but most parents felt the same way. People have also been saying that there was also issues with him using the gyms and school grounds for non-school training without permits. That puts the district in a liability issue. I think the last straw was the meeting about the asst. coach. When the budget went down the year before, the board had to make some serious cuts. They told all of the varsity coaches that assistant coaches would be cut the following year and gave them plenty of time to find raise to keep them. Most of the other coaches did that. I guess he forgot and, at the last minute, told the town that he just found out. It was kind of sleezy and everyone showed up and made a classless scene. That's the main deal. Like I said, I don't have a problem with him. He coached my son and my son likes him. But a lot of what's been written here is not really truthful.

High School Lax
User
User

Wow. There seems to be some strong feelings on both sides of this one. For what it's worth, he's not a bad guy. He just comes across as being an arrogant guy, but when he gets to know you that falls away. As far as his coaching goes, he's coached my son in PAL for the last few years. I think he puts people in the best position to do well, but he doesn't really coach in a traditional sense. He doesn't stop and teach kids what they're doing wrong, just basically tells them they're doing something wrong and expects them to fix it themselves. The BOEs problem with him had nothing to do with with that though. If we're being completely honest, he had been getting under their skin for awhile. Many people complained to the board for years that they thought they were bullied into playing on that God-awful Spartans team he ran. Word got out that if kids didn't play Spartans they would never start in HS. Trust me, my guy played for 3 years and finished last year. It was a money grab sham. No need to go into anymore detail, but most parents felt the same way. People have also been saying that there was also issues with him using the gyms and school grounds for non-school training without permits. That puts the district in a liability issue. I think the last straw was the meeting about the asst. coach. When the budget went down the year before, the board had to make some serious cuts. They told all of the varsity coaches that assistant coaches would be cut the following year and gave them plenty of time to find raise to keep them. Most of the other coaches did that. I guess he forgot and, at the last minute, told the town that he just found out. It was kind of sleezy and everyone showed up and made a classless scene. That's the main deal. Like I said, I don't have a problem with him. He coached my son and my son likes him. But a lot of what's been written here is not really truthful.

Informative post. Thank you.

Back of the Cage
High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a Sayville resident and parent of kids in the program, I take offense to your declarative post. You make a lot of supposedly factual claims. As it was explained to me, the Spartans Lacrosse club was supposed to mimic Three Village (Ward Melville) and West Islip providing a program where the Sayville kids could play together and build chemistry and gel at all levels. It works for Ward Melville and West Islip. You can't be serious with the statement "It was a money grab sham.." Compare the pricing with LI Express and Team 91, the math is simple.

"Word got out that if kids didn't play Spartans they would never start in HS..." Again, you really can't be serious. Anyone who has kids involved in the program knows FACTUALLY that your statement is inaccurate. Just look at the roster last season.

Regarding the budget cuts, there was nothing "sleazy" done by the coach. I was one of the parents who helped organize a retort to the inane "justification" for cutting the few thousand dollars required to pay an assistant coach. Getting organized and presenting an opposing view was not a "classless scene". If you know the facts, you know I am right and our reasoning was also valid.

Once again, the majority of parents and players think the coach has done a phenomenal job over the past 15+ years and a few malcontents complain enough to force change when change is not necessary nor will it benefit the program. Mark my words.

High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since we are talking about high school lax can anyone let me know what new rules will be in forced this year in the girls game. i know the shot clock is not one of them but is the new 3 sec rule? what about doing away with the throw on offsetting fouls? there are a few others as well. also i was told there is a new division alignment for the girls is there a new breakout?
thanks for the help

High School Lax
User
User

As a Sayville resident and parent of kids in the program, I take offense to your declarative post. You make a lot of supposedly factual claims. As it was explained to me, the Spartans Lacrosse club was supposed to mimic Three Village (Ward Melville) and West Islip providing a program where the Sayville kids could play together and build chemistry and gel at all levels. It works for Ward Melville and West Islip. You can't be serious with the statement "It was a money grab sham.." Compare the pricing with LI Express and Team 91, the math is simple.

"Word got out that if kids didn't play Spartans they would never start in HS..." Again, you really can't be serious. Anyone who has kids involved in the program knows FACTUALLY that your statement is inaccurate. Just look at the roster last season.

Regarding the budget cuts, there was nothing "sleazy" done by the coach. I was one of the parents who helped organize a retort to the inane "justification" for cutting the few thousand dollars required to pay an assistant coach. Getting organized and presenting an opposing view was not a "classless scene". If you know the facts, you know I am right and our reasoning was also valid.

Once again, the majority of parents and players think the coach has done a phenomenal job over the past 15+ years and a few malcontents complain enough to force change when change is not necessary nor will it benefit the program. Mark my words.

Unfortunately the malcontents have power nowadays for some reason. Their voice seems to be worth more than the majority.

Back of the Cage
High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone's been drinking way too much purple Kool Aid.

Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could Spartans be a Money grab when it cost less than $800 including tournament fees, and when 91 came calling and offered him big $$ to buy him out 7 years ago and let him continue to run it for a salary he declined.

Also how could he not start a kid for not playing Spartans when he has like 16-18 kids on the varsity team the last 2 years?

Many of the people who are angry with are the Sayville "royalty" who have grown up in Sayville and are used to getting their way, and when their kids where asked to play in their appropriate age group or their kid got the appropriate playing time they cried and complained that he wasn't fair because it wasn't tilted in their kids favor (the only way these "Sayville Royalty" people see things as being fair)

** Sayville Royalty are the self entitled people who grew up in Sayville and their parents did something special in Sayville so they think that everything in Sayville should revolve around them and they and their kids should be put on a pedestal like they were when they were children in school. They think it is OK to storm onto football fields during HS football games to scream at coaches and challenge coaches and scheme behind peoples back to get them fired.

High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They actually did tell him that they JV coach was cut and that coach was informed months before. The Varsity asst. was a decision made in January early febraury of '15 and the coach was told in early Feb. When the budget was review the Varsity Asst. coach was in fact list in the budget, and should not of been cut. The animosity at the board meeting grew from the Superintendent for Business Rolling his eyes at the parent who pointed this out to him and calling him out on it. At that point it got ugly. The business super inflamed the situation with is attitude and led to the ugliness that ensued.

High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They actually did tell him that they JV coach was cut and that coach was informed months before. The Varsity asst. was a decision made in January early febraury of '15 and the coach was told in early Feb. When the budget was review the Varsity Asst. coach was in fact list in the budget, and should not of been cut. The animosity at the board meeting grew from the Superintendent for Business Rolling his eyes at the parent who pointed this out to him and calling him out on it. At that point it got ugly. The business super inflamed the situation with is attitude and led to the ugliness that ensued.

The real shame is you people won't help your kids by forcing a coaches removal. When they get to the real world, Mommy and Daddy won't be able to manipulate work place situations. Too many kids come into my firm with a sense of entitlement, they don't last long. We actually received a phone call from a father who wanted to know why his son was let go. He was told employment issues are not discussed with parents. Sad.

Do your son a favor and encourage him to work harder, get in top physical condition and strive to be the best player and person he can be. If he still falls short and doesn't start, so be it. Let him learn to cope and mature by experiencing failure. Its good for him in the long run. In the mean time, you and the other tar and feather parents have damaged the Sayville lacrosse experience for all of the other players on the team this year and in the future.

High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville Royalty post was spot on! These people consider anyone whose parents grew up outside of Sayville outsiders. They are cordial to their parents but do scheme against the kids. Nothing brings me more joy than to watch their children being dominated by such outsiders.Coach D is also considered an outsider and as such has never been liked by the Youth Lacrosse Board.They say he doesn't know about lacrosse...blah...blah..I tell them that you can't argue with success. They think that the Sayville boys are so talented that if we had a REAL coach we would win the County every year. Here's a tip our athletes are no better than the athletes in other towns! Some are great some are average and some are terrible. Just like everywhere else. It takes a good coach to recognize talent and to utilize it correctly in order to be successful. The man has been that! His crime was pissing off some suits on the school board because he stood up to them in the name of safety. I'll take a guy like that every time over some worm.

Re: High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sayville Royalty post was spot on! These people consider anyone whose parents grew up outside of Sayville outsiders. They are cordial to their parents but do scheme against the kids. Nothing brings me more joy than to watch their children being dominated by such outsiders.Coach D is also considered an outsider and as such has never been liked by the Youth Lacrosse Board.They say he doesn't know about lacrosse...blah...blah..I tell them that you can't argue with success. They think that the Sayville boys are so talented that if we had a REAL coach we would win the County every year. Here's a tip our athletes are no better than the athletes in other towns! Some are great some are average and some are terrible. Just like everywhere else. It takes a good coach to recognize talent and to utilize it correctly in order to be successful. The man has been that! His crime was pissing off some suits on the school board because he stood up to them in the name of safety. I'll take a guy like that every time over some worm.

Sayville Royalty????? What the [lacrosse] are you clowns talking about? That may be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Posts like that make you look idiotic and ruin your credibility. These are the same kinds of statements and ideas that made you all come across as meatheads at the board meeting. I'm all for Coach getting his job back, but calling out a large percentage of the community like that is senseless and prejudicial.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard