BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Legacy 2019 team fold?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
.. They had 3 teams last year I am sure some kids stayed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe any stayed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some guys were saying they heard they are not doing the 2019 team now. Possibly wouldn't be a competitive team. But im sure if some kids stayed and they combined their b team from last year the team would be solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes all 3 folded

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes all 3 folded

So now they don't have a 2019 and didn't the 2018 fold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes all 3 folded

So now they don't have a 2019 and didn't the 2018 fold?

The 2018 team did not fold...stop making stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes all 3 folded

If you combined all
Three teams you might have had a competitive B team ..that's about it . It was never truly a good a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Commandos - 2013-2014 school year was a great team. They had players who loved to play the game of lacrosse and more importantly a coach who knew how to get the most out of a player. The boys wanted to attend the practices and loved playing i. The tournaments, win or loose.

Then came 2014-15 school year. The club dynamic changed and so did the coaches. This time even more talent joined the team---wanting to be a part if that great team. However, coaches changed and unfortunately for the players, it was not the same atmosphere any longer.

The coaching staff for this team was not what the players and parents wanted for their sons going into a pivotal year. Who knows, things could revert back to the way it was and next year and everyone might come back.

Remember, nothing is ever constant like change.

Good luck to all of the players this fall. It will be fun facing each other wearing new colors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps this has been answered, it seems a rather obvious question, but one I don't recall seeing. How come none of the travel programs, ie Express/91 etc don't play regular games? Why just tournaments? Wouldn't it be logical for these programs to play each other in a regular game, non tournament? Any thoughts answers to this question, and please let's try to keep it civilized!! Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes all 3 folded

If you combined all
Three teams you might have had a competitive B team ..that's about it . It was never truly a good a team

One 2019 kid went down to the 2020 team. Maybe there was nowhere else to go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps this has been answered, it seems a rather obvious question, but one I don't recall seeing. How come none of the travel programs, ie Express/91 etc don't play regular games? Why just tournaments? Wouldn't it be logical for these programs to play each other in a regular game, non tournament? Any thoughts answers to this question, and please let's try to keep it civilized!! Thanks

They used to at OBLL, but I think that's defunct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree . I'd like to see some of these teams play full fields , full games , etc. let some endurance and athleticism play more of a part in the games and to get a better read on the individual player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree . I'd like to see some of these teams play full fields , full games , etc. let some endurance and athleticism play more of a part in the games and to get a better read on the individual player.

What are you saying because you are confusing me..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes all 3 folded

If you combined all

One 2019 kid went down to the 2020 team. Maybe there was nowhere else to go?

Was DELETED son?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Viper lacrosse is looking for 1 midfield 2019 player
Call Tom 516 426 0844

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes all of a sudden DELETED young enough to play for 2020. Why didn't he play with them last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Commandos - 2013-2014 school year was a great team. They had players who loved to play the game of lacrosse and more importantly a coach who knew how to get the most out of a player. The boys wanted to attend the practices and loved playing i. The tournaments, win or loose.

Then came 2014-15 school year. The club dynamic changed and so did the coaches. This time even more talent joined the team---wanting to be a part if that great team. However, coaches changed and unfortunately for the players, it was not the same atmosphere any longer.

The coaching staff for this team was not what the players and parents wanted for their sons going into a pivotal year. Who knows, things could revert back to the way it was and next year and everyone might come back.

Good luck to all of the players this fall. It will be fun facing each other wearing new colors.

Unfortunately due to the drama they no longer will be wearing a 2019 legacy jersey at all. A shame that a few rotten apples spoiled the entire bunch!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes all of a sudden DELETED young enough to play for 2020. Why didn't he play with them last year?

Because he's in 9th grade, whaaaat?? Wild west of lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes all of a sudden the Coaches son was young enough to play for 2020. Why didn't he play with them last year?

I am assuming his birthday is in October or November which makes him eligible to play 2020 but he is probably academically and socially sound and his parents didn't need to hold him back just for sports reasons unlike some people. I guess you couldn't figure that out because your the one that was academically challenged growing up.

Have a nice day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes all of a sudden the Coaches son was young enough to play for 2020. Why didn't he play with them last year?

I am assuming his birthday is in October or November which makes him eligible to play 2020 but he is probably academically and socially sound and his parents didn't need to hold him back just for sports reasons unlike some people. I guess you couldn't figure that out because your the one that was academically challenged growing up.

Have a nice day
Birthday month has nothing to due with Grade, if he is a High School Freshman his grad year is 2019 regardless of age. Yes he would be Eligable for U15 but not 2020 divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone read the story about the HS football wrestler that was held back to gain an advantage over his peers... Guess what a NJ senator did.... and he is pushing a bill to limit your years of eligibility if you hold back in grade 6/7/8 when an issue of academics is not apparent.

It is also been heard as rumors in the congress... They may actually look at this before trying to regulate fan duel/draft kings and those other fantasy sites... could get interesting especially when that em[ployee just broke the bank at Fan Duel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately due to the drama they no longer will be wearing a 2019 legacy jersey at all. A shame that a few rotten apples spoiled the entire bunch!!!

if you go apple picking you may see a tree from the distance, that tree may seem real nice, but as you get closer to it, it is rotten to the core and the apples that drop from it don't roll to fall from the tree. So what do you do? You go to the next tree and enjoy the bunch of apple from there.

how do you like d'em apples.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone read the story about the HS football wrestler that was held back to gain an advantage over his peers... Guess what a NJ senator did.... and he is pushing a bill to limit your years of eligibility if you hold back in grade 6/7/8 when an issue of academics is not apparent.

It is also been heard as rumors in the congress... They may actually look at this before trying to regulate fan duel/draft kings and those other fantasy sites... could get interesting especially when that em[ployee just broke the bank at Fan Duel.

You think Congress, THE US CONGRESS is going to regulate the youth lacrosse age issue? To me that would be a sign of the end of the world as we know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think Congress, THE US CONGRESS is going to regulate the youth lacrosse age issue? To me that would be a sign of the end of the world as we know it.

end of the world, come on.
Is it not plausible, insurance is big business. Insurances companies are hearing about the potential issues of the blurred qualifications regarding these youth tournaments. The liability will fall squarely on them. they want big brother to regulate so there are clear lines to cover and they arent the bad guys. There will continue to be the games now the risk will not be as great. Ambiguity doesn't bode well for them.

did you read that football article, if you did you too would try and right the wrong.

Listen this wasn't done for Lacrosse it was done due to football but all sports will have one uniform dating policy. Again if your that good you'll play up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He can play 2020 since he reclassed...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes all of a sudden DELETED was young enough to play for 2020. Why didn't he play with them last year?

Have a nice day

Please stop it. There is no team this year. That is the sad truth. As I have heard, most of the boys have all made it on teams that will help them in their futures. Many are together on various teams; and Im sure the players and families will continue their close friendships that were created regardless of their current team. You will see each other at tournaments and hotels.

Good luck to all of the 2019's Legacy players whether on the original or second year team. I know it is hard but try not to harp on the past but look forward to the bright futures these boys have ahead of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard he did not reclass, is currently in 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree give it a rest. All these boys have moved on and will make other teams even stronger for some great lacrosse. Parents are still friends no matter what team their kids are on. They are only young once so enjoy it now !!

Yes all of a sudden DELETED was young enough to play for 2020. Why didn't he play with them last year?

Have a nice day

Please stop it. There is no team this year. That is the sad truth. As I have heard, most of the boys have all made it on teams that will help them in their futures. Many are together on various teams; and Im sure the players and families will continue their close friendships that were created regardless of their current team. You will see each other at tournaments and hotels.

Good luck to all of the 2019's Legacy players whether on the original or second year team. I know it is hard but try not to harp on the past but look forward to the bright futures these boys have ahead of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dishonest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dishonest

What are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get off this site and check your kids phone. Snap chat or whatever the [lacrosse] they call those apps... check there homework.... sit down and tall about your family.... be a parent and stop this nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hop, please stop the posting of comments about a specific child. This boy is 14 and what his parents choose to do is not anyone's business. Can posts in regard to this young man be removed.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Hop, please stop the posting of comments about a specific child. This boy is 14 and what his parents choose to do is not anyone's business. Can posts in regard to this young man be removed.

You are correct and I fixed the posts. I do not allow any identification of players BUT sometimes things get past us. My apologies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When kids reclass or just plain play down, it does become other people's business because many feel it is a sleazy thing to do.it may affect kids doing the morally right thing by taking roster spots, increasing the chance of injury, etc. This is probably why New Jersey has introduced legislation to discourage this practice by imposing eligibility restrictions on those who chose to do this. Hope other states follow the lead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, you are so wrong - It is absolutely our business!

It is our kids who lose an opportunity for a spot on the team that the cheating child just took.

It is our kids who have to play against the cheaters week after week, and who practice and play their hearts out to compete with the cheaters who are playing down.

It is us parents who have to explain to our kids the concept of the cheaters and how life isn't always fair, but be true to yourself, play your best and have fun.

It is our kids who played with/against the child on 2019 and then ask how is he playing on 2020 now. oh, wait, I should just tell my son he is imagining it? Or it's none of our business? WRONG

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

It is our kids who lose an opportunity for a spot on the team that the cheating child just took.

It is our kids who have to play against the cheaters week after week, and who practice and play their hearts out to compete with the cheaters who are playing down.

It is us parents who have to explain to our kids the concept of the cheaters and how life isn't always fair, but be true to yourself, play your best and have fun.

It is our kids who played with/against the child on 2019 and then ask how is he playing on 2020 now. oh, wait, I should just tell my son he is imagining it? Or it's none of our business? WRONG

Until there are rules in place against these things, it will be none of your business. They are not cheaters if it is permitted, sadly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Until there are rules in place against these things, it will be none of your business. They are not cheaters if it is permitted, sadly.

This forum might be the very best place to to start the cheating discussion and advocate for changing the rules. Free flow of ideas and info is what these boards should be about. I agree, leave the kids names aside, yes- but also definitely expose the unfairness and inequity. This all leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As part of signing up to one of the many tournaments my son attended, he was asked to create an account with Captain U. Since it was free he filled out as much as he could and has updated it from time to time with new info and links. However he never bought into the premium stuff. From time to time he gets emails from Captain U indicating a coach has 'found' him. Does anyone have any experience with Captain U? Is the cost of the premium service worth it? Do college coaches really use it? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard