BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 111 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
But it is okay to berate young boys for losing a game? Not saying maybe the coach didn't get a bad deal but it should never be ok to verbally assault a minor because they didn't win! Step back for just a minute. It was just a game.

They did not get yelled at because they lost. They got yelled at for how they acted on the bus after losing.

So I ask you? In what other facet of these young men's lives, is it acceptable for an Adult in a position of authority to behave this way towards them? Other than a coach, who would you allow to talk this way to your son? The brothers at his school? The teachers? His boss at a part time job? A stranger? Come on man, it's a GAME... A meaningless game that many kids are trying to play for FUN. It's not D1 football or the NFL. Good lord, put it in perspective. Obviously, the Administration at the school has their collective heads on straight. Is the Coach of the Math team, Debate team, or any other team that might actually get these kids somewhere in life allowed to speak that way? No. Would you allow your wife's Boss to speak to her that way? No. Yet for some reason, you mental patients think it's "OK" for the Football Coach to speak that way to your kid. Again, about a GAME...

So you didn't play sports? Everyone needs to toughen up. I think everyone would be upset if their kids acted like they did on the bus as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it is okay to berate young boys for losing a game? Not saying maybe the coach didn't get a bad deal but it should never be ok to verbally assault a minor because they didn't win! Step back for just a minute. It was just a game.

They did not get yelled at because they lost. They got yelled at for how they acted on the bus after losing.

So I ask you? In what other facet of these young men's lives, is it acceptable for an Adult in a position of authority to behave this way towards them? Other than a coach, who would you allow to talk this way to your son? The brothers at his school? The teachers? His boss at a part time job? A stranger? Come on man, it's a GAME... A meaningless game that many kids are trying to play for FUN. It's not D1 football or the NFL. Good lord, put it in perspective. Obviously, the Administration at the school has their collective heads on straight. Is the Coach of the Math team, Debate team, or any other team that might actually get these kids somewhere in life allowed to speak that way? No. Would you allow your wife's Boss to speak to her that way? No. Yet for some reason, you mental patients think it's "OK" for the Football Coach to speak that way to your kid. Again, about a GAME...

What world do you live in? In the business world people use expletives all the time. Is it a terminable offense? Obviously not. And if what Pomps did rose to that level, the administration "with its head on "straight"" would have had to remove his teaching responsibilities as well, which they didn't. So now, we are talking about the use of a few curse words to a group of 15 and 16 y/o kids (NOT LITTLE BOYS) whose behavior was not what you would expect after you lost a hard fought game. Maybe they don't deserve to play for Chaminade--but because poor Jimmy's feelings were hurt and Jimmy's parents complained, we're in this situation. It's a disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What world do you live in? In the business world people use expletives all the time. Is it a terminable offense? Obviously not. And if what Pomps did rose to that level, the administration "with its head on "straight"" would have had to remove his teaching responsibilities as well, which they didn't. So now, we are talking about the use of a few curse words to a group of 15 and 16 y/o kids (NOT LITTLE BOYS) whose behavior was not what you would expect after you lost a hard fought game. Maybe they don't deserve to play for Chaminade--but because poor Jimmy's feelings were hurt and Jimmy's parents complained, we're in this situation. It's a disgrace.

The real world numb skull. Maybe you can talk that way to people on the docks?? I assure you, in "my world" that type of behavior form a person in an position of authority is unacceptable. Quite frankly, in 30 years of business I've never been spoken to that way. Further, I've never had to speak that way to my employees that way either. It's called decency, something that a coach at a Catholic School should possess. Guy got caught, behaving in an unacceptable manner, let him take his medicine like a man. The very lesson you seek to teach these "NOT LITTLE KIDS". Dope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real world numb skull. Maybe you can talk that way to people on the docks?? I assure you, in "my world" that type of behavior form a person in an position of authority is unacceptable. Quite frankly, in 30 years of business I've never been spoken to that way. Further, I've never had to speak that way to my employees that way either. It's called decency, something that a coach at a Catholic School should possess. Guy got caught, behaving in an unacceptable manner, let him take his medicine like a man. The very lesson you seek to teach these "NOT LITTLE KIDS". Dope.

Let me guess. Your kid is the team manager?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But it is acceptable to call somebody a "Dope" and "Numb Skull", based upon your 30 years of business experience? Hypocrite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEP. THIS WINDBAG ALSO NEEDS TO POINT OUT THAT HE HAS EMPLOYEES, HOW IMPRESSED ARE WE ?
TOTAL FRAUD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's is going to hire him. They have been looking for a quality coach to add to the staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think many of us are getting off the track here. I do not know Pomponio personally but I know who he is and I know plenty of kids who have played for him. The vast majority are supporting him.
In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure his anger was based in the fact that they lost a game. It seems to me that it was more rooted in that the kids didn't seem to care about what just happened. A coach works hard all week to prepare kids to compete and it's not unfair to expect the players to care as much as the coach. The least they could do is show some respect for the effort the coach has put into their preparation and development. Could he have chosen his words more carefully? Sure, but sometimes harsh words are the only way to get the message across. We now live in a world where authority figures receive very little in the way of respect. Are we really helping our kids when we jump in and get every coach, teacher, etc. that we don't like removed? Many of us older people on this site played ball when we were young and I am sure we all have stories about some of the crazy coaches we played for. Yes, there were some that were over the top, but they played a huge role in the development of their players and were respected. Ultimately, we knew they cared about us as people, as well as players. This message of caring may not be delivered in every conversation, but over a season or career a player will have little doubt about his/her coach. We have taken a snapshot of a distinguished career and used it to define this man. That's unfair and anyone who has competed in sports knows that there are times when the heat of the moment gets the best of us.
What have we taught this group of boys, that they don't have to be accountable for their actions or behavior? Is that really where we are going? Take a step back and give this some thought the next time a kid shows no respect to a teacher or police officer. Parents need to sit back once in a while and let kids take their lumps. It's a big part of growing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No but I am a parent. If your son came over to my house to hang with my son and I was screaming and swearing at your son, I'm guessing you wouldn't be dropping off your son again anytime soon. Everyone has their moments. There is also self control.
I'll ask you this---does it also mean that the coaches that hit their players and throw things at them when they don't perform thats ok too--- because he's a coach and it was in the heat of the moment. Not being a jerk. Asking the question. Where do you draw the line?

really? How much further are you going to spin this? Obviously the line is drawn at hitting. Maybe parents should ask themselves what did my kid do to contribute to provoke this? You sound more like a "not my kid" type of parent. Aren't you the least bit concerned about the kids behavior? We teach them please and thank you and how to he respectful long before this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it is true. He resigned from Coaching all sports. With todays technology you have to watch yourself at all times. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100% all the time. Anyone who has coached for a long time knows every once in a while you get caught up when you feel others don't care as much as you do or don't put in the effort that you do and you express yourself. Every coach has yelled screamed at a player especially if you have coached for 30 years. He didn't single out one kid he was addressing the team as a whole which we have all done from time to time. Some kid decided to record that moment and turn it over to school officials. Not saying what he did was right but 30 years of helping kids become better people and because of an outburst right after a game he is forced to resign. The kid that taped it was probably one of the ones that he was talking about and doesnt care and was more concerned with his phone. I hope he is happy at the outcome.

I didn't hear the audio (not even sure if it's public) and I have zero stake in this, but I remember on two occasions (1 baseball and 1 football) in 9th grade we were horsing around in the bus and laughing after a bad loss. Coaches reamed us and made us run shuttles until we almost puked when we got off the bus. I didn't like it then obviously, but as an adult looking back, it taught a valuable lesson. Amazing how things have changed. My parents never intervened in the team. It was up to me to quit if I didn't like or couldn't handle the coach.

Again I caveat this by saying I don't really know the details of this specific situation

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think many of us are getting off the track here. I do not know Pomponio personally but I know who he is and I know plenty of kids who have played for him. The vast majority are supporting him.
In the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure his anger was based in the fact that they lost a game. It seems to me that it was more rooted in that the kids didn't seem to care about what just happened. A coach works hard all week to prepare kids to compete and it's not unfair to expect the players to care as much as the coach. The least they could do is show some respect for the effort the coach has put into their preparation and development. Could he have chosen his words more carefully? Sure, but sometimes harsh words are the only way to get the message across. We now live in a world where authority figures receive very little in the way of respect. Are we really helping our kids when we jump in and get every coach, teacher, etc. that we don't like removed? Many of us older people on this site played ball when we were young and I am sure we all have stories about some of the crazy coaches we played for. Yes, there were some that were over the top, but they played a huge role in the development of their players and were respected. Ultimately, we knew they cared about us as people, as well as players. This message of caring may not be delivered in every conversation, but over a season or career a player will have little doubt about his/her coach. We have taken a snapshot of a distinguished career and used it to define this man. That's unfair and anyone who has competed in sports knows that there are times when the heat of the moment gets the best of us.
What have we taught this group of boys, that they don't have to be accountable for their actions or behavior? Is that really where we are going? Take a step back and give this some thought the next time a kid shows no respect to a teacher or police officer. Parents need to sit back once in a while and let kids take their lumps. It's a big part of growing up.

well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where have all the men of honor and character gone at Chaminade?
IMO the players should band together and demand their coach be reinstated and admit they deserved a tongue lashing … and apologize for their behavior on the bus. Let's see these "MEN" take responsibility for their actions, not whine and complain to their parents because someone raised their voice or used a few choice words to describe them. If they don't, they don't deserve to wear a Chaminade football uniform…. or any uniform for that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the very minimum, I heard these kids were peeing in water bottles, etc. on the bus....completely inappropriate and out of control, regardless of the school, grade, age, win or lose, etc. I will tell you, My kid would have had a HUGE problem from ME if he had participated in this behavior, not the COACH. At the end of the day what a terrible situation and an embarrassment on how the school and administrators handled it. In this month's Inside Lacrosse magazine, I would encourage everyone to read the artice from Peter Lasagne titled "A Direct Reflection of your Parenting" - The timing could not have been any better and Yes I agree with everything written in the article.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahh the person who associates the business world with the sports world= no clue about sports. I'm sorry to say but you're the problem with sports in this day and age. Coaching young men sometimes takes tough love. You can't always coddle them and hold their hand. Let someone coach your kids and be tough on them so that they can face real world problems. You cant aleays be there to protect them. I have played professional sports and have worked in big corporate America and vulgar language is constantly used I don't know what company or where you work maybe they don't do it in front of you because you're so sensitive to it but the fact of the matter is in big business America there is vulgar language used. The pusification/demasculization is rediculous. I think a lot of this crap comes from parents who never played a sport. The fields of play were one place where trash talk could occur, coaches yelled expletives to get you going. These are 15 to 16 year old boys who not in the presence of their parents have the mouths of sailors. Let coaches coach and stop being helicopter parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no one said it was ok. who's really the mental patient? you are not comprehending. where does the kids behavior become relevant because more and more we see kids getting away with disrespectful behavior and it's largely due to parents letting them get away with it. the teachers, coaches, brothers, whoever don't have a prayer if the parents condone bad behavior. and it's condoned if they run to school for every little thing instead of teaching them how to deal with life. we just taught these kids to entrap an adult in a sneaky illegal way so they can get away with their behavior. great lesson. the coaches record speaks for itself. times have changed since he started. kids are no longer accountable for their actions and they all get a trophy. too bad the parents aren't going to be able to call their potential employer and complain they didn't get the job. what will Johnny do then? wake up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the school acted too quickly and could have thought of other less offensive ways to handle the situation. Perhaps speaking to the Coach and suggesting taking the next week practices and game off to reflect as God asks of all of us.

Fortes in Unitate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the other teams coaches at Chaminade probably should be dismissed too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no one said it was ok. who's really the mental patient? you are not comprehending. where does the kids behavior become relevant because more and more we see kids getting away with disrespectful behavior and it's largely due to parents letting them get away with it. the teachers, coaches, brothers, whoever don't have a prayer if the parents condone bad behavior. and it's condoned if they run to school for every little thing instead of teaching them how to deal with life. we just taught these kids to entrap an adult in a sneaky illegal way so they can get away with their behavior. great lesson. the coaches record speaks for itself. times have changed since he started. kids are no longer accountable for their actions and they all get a trophy. too bad the parents aren't going to be able to call their potential employer and complain they didn't get the job. what will Johnny do then? wake up![/quote]

Sneaky yes, illegl no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
parents who don't think sometimes hurt their own children by acting out without thinking. I hope what I heard isn't true but I was told that when the kid who recorded the incident went to lunch everyone moved from the table. I hope no child has to suffer for his parents actions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To: Coach Pomp;

PLEASE COME TO ST.ANTHONY'S. EVEN AS A RIVAL COACH ALL OF OUR PLAYERS AND PARENTS LOVE AND RESPECT YOU. CHAMINADE'S LOSS WILL BE SA's GAIN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no one said it was ok. who's really the mental patient? you are not comprehending. where does the kids behavior become relevant because more and more we see kids getting away with disrespectful behavior and it's largely due to parents letting them get away with it. the teachers, coaches, brothers, whoever don't have a prayer if the parents condone bad behavior. and it's condoned if they run to school for every little thing instead of teaching them how to deal with life. we just taught these kids to entrap an adult in a sneaky illegal way so they can get away with their behavior. great lesson. the coaches record speaks for itself. times have changed since he started. kids are no longer accountable for their actions and they all get a trophy. too bad the parents aren't going to be able to call their potential employer and complain they didn't get the job. what will Johnny do then? wake up!

The mental patient is you! The ADULT should have had more composure. He should be accountable for his actions. Respect is earned. When someone in a position of authority over steps his bounds it's wrong. He verbally abused those kids because he could. He said what he said because he knew not one kid was in a position to defend themselves. That's what PUNKS do. That's not toughness. Most of all, he said what he said because he thought he wouldn't get caught! The kid who taped him is a hero. At least he had the courage of his convictions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why I believe it would be beneficial to actually see the video or hear the audio. Many of the users commenting here seem to have not heard it or seen it. As a result, a vast majority of comments are based on speculation and rumor. If the video is available, as a couple of you have mentioned, then let's see it and prove once and for all how "tame" or how "over the top" it was. Everyone is very quickly turning this story into an attack on today's generation of coddled kids - which is perhaps warranted - but since most of us have not actually seen or heard the reality of the situation, it's hard to take any of this speculation seriously. And that's not being nosy - that's wanting to have all the facts available before jumping to conclusions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahh the person who associates the business world with the sports world= no clue about sports. I'm sorry to say but you're the problem with sports in this day and age. Coaching young men sometimes takes tough love. You can't always coddle them and hold their hand. Let someone coach your kids and be tough on them so that they can face real world problems. You cant aleays be there to protect them. I have played professional sports and have worked in big corporate America and vulgar language is constantly used I don't know what company or where you work maybe they don't do it in front of you because you're so sensitive to it but the fact of the matter is in big business America there is vulgar language used. The pusification/demasculization is rediculous. I think a lot of this crap comes from parents who never played a sport. The fields of play were one place where trash talk could occur, coaches yelled expletives to get you going. These are 15 to 16 year old boys who not in the presence of their parents have the mouths of sailors. Let coaches coach and stop being helicopter parents.

Yeah, get in there and bust their f%$*ing head open kid.. Down, set...
You my friend have taken one too many hits to the head. Your bias as it relates to your experience as a coach is evident. As for me, I played all kinds of sports, was raised by a WWII Marine, and was a Bouncer all through College. I'm extremely familiar with toughness and a masculine environment. As for the tough love, we'll keep that in the home. No need for some bone head wanna be/never was to dish that out. You just stick to the X's and O's, Coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The mental patient is you! The ADULT should have had more composure. He should be accountable for his actions. Respect is earned. When someone in a position of authority over steps his bounds it's wrong. He verbally abused those kids because he could. He said what he said because he knew not one kid was in a position to defend themselves. That's what PUNKS do. That's not toughness. Most of all, he said what he said because he thought he wouldn't get caught! The kid who taped him is a hero. At least he had the courage of his convictions.

Respect is earned , and he has earned it with thousands of young men over the last 35 years. This kid ran to mommy. Hardly a hero!

All this chatter and I haven't heard ONE person with first hand information or interaction with this man say a negative word about him. Not ONE ex student say, it's about time. Just the opposite. Thousands standing up and telling their stories of the their time with him and what an influence he has had in their life. A lot of people objecting on principal , but no one has said a word negatively about him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Respect is earned , and he has earned it with thousands of young men over the last 35 years. This kid ran to mommy. Hardly a hero!

All this chatter and I haven't heard ONE person with first hand information or interaction with this man say a negative word about him. Not ONE ex student say, it's about time. Just the opposite. Thousands standing up and telling their stories of the their time with him and what an influence he has had in their life. A lot of people objecting on principal , but no one has said a word negatively about him.

Weasle loser will learn hard in the long run treating people this way! Horrible! Bernie Madof in training. Nice job Cham protecting those who dedicated so much. So rediculus!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why are you so bent out of shape. no one is damaged except the coach. these kids hear worse on the buses every day between peers. should he have cursed no. should they behave yes. the point is was it warranted. seems extreme. seems they caved to parent pressure. what is done is done. he didn't do it because he knew he would get away with it. he obviously didn't. whatever the reason, kids are too soft. this is about coddling them. there is something to be said for taking your lumps. it builds character if anything. this isn't about a kid who saved all his teammates from a tyrant. that would be a hero. this is completely different. spin it however you want. the coach got a raw deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were you on the bus or were the kids on the bus. how does one spell ridiculous. and what does this post have to do with the price of selling tea in China?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You my friend have taken one too many hits to the head. Your bias as it relates to your experience as a coach is evident. As for me, I played all kinds of sports, was raised by a WWII Marine, and was a Bouncer all through College. I'm extremely familiar with toughness and a masculine environment. As for the tough love, we'll keep that in the home. No need for some bone head wanna be/never was to dish that out. You just stick to the X's and O's, Coach.
[/quote]

Ok your right. I guess your reading comprehension is off. Never said anything in my comment about coaching. No one said anything about bashing heads. Do you even know what he said. I have seen the video and it was not bad at all. Kids were horsing around on the bus after a loss. Guess your ok with the everyone getting participation trophies and even making sure everyone gets equal playing time in high school. Sounds like you played sports but probably didn't do well at them so this is ok with you. Also being a juice head bouncer isn't something to be proud of. You probably worked in one or two of the clubs I ran while I was in college. So odds are you worked for me. Lol. This explains a lot about your reading comprehension.

A good man was let go for caring about losing and the way the boys were acting after a loss. Yes he raised his voice said a few bad words but nothing to warrant being fired as a coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok your right. I guess your reading comprehension is off. Never said anything in my comment about coaching. No one said anything about bashing heads. Do you even know what he said. I have seen the video and it was not bad at all. Kids were horsing around on the bus after a loss. Guess your ok with the everyone getting participation trophies and even making sure everyone gets equal playing time in high school. Sounds like you played sports but probably didn't do well at them so this is ok with you. Also being a juice head bouncer isn't something to be proud of. You probably worked in one or two of the clubs I ran while I was in college. So odds are you worked for me. Lol. This explains a lot about your reading comprehension.

A good man was let go for caring about losing and the way the boys were acting after a loss. Yes he raised his voice said a few bad words but nothing to warrant being fired as a coach.[/quote]

We DEMAND second chances for our "perfect" children, but a proven an dedicated educator & coach mis-steps and he's shown the door?!

I don't have to wonder why kids these days have such an inflated sense of entitlement. Great job Chaminade PARENT. You just tarnished a great coach and wrecked your sons 4 years at a great school. Because if you don't think the KIDS will rally around this coach, you are sorely mistaken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has just given all control over to the parents. Squeaky wheel gets the most oil.
And the pushy parents are going to get their way very soon with Freshman and Sophs a regular sight on the lax varsity - not the rarity it is today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pomps should sue Chaminade. And given that most buses now have video recordings, somebody should review the tape of the behavior of these sweet little mamma's boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rich boiled kids, sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good man was let go for caring about losing and the way the boys were acting after a loss. Yes he raised his voice said a few bad words but nothing to warrant being fired as a coach.

We DEMAND second chances for our "perfect" children, but a proven an dedicated educator & coach mis-steps and he's shown the door?!

I don't have to wonder why kids these days have such an inflated sense of entitlement. Great job Chaminade PARENT. You just tarnished a great coach and wrecked your sons 4 years at a great school. Because if you don't think the KIDS will rally around this coach, you are sorely mistaken.

[/quote]

there is a grey line on everything. I love the car commercial where the dad says "Participation Trophy" you won the game. you went undefeated... and rips off the glued-on label/plaque saying Participation... mumbles my son isn't getting the same award as they kids who lost and takes a sharpie out and "rights" "Champs"... then while in the car turns to his son and says here is your champion trophy.

think it is a hyndai commercial

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey bouncer dad I bet you never played and competed at a any level , thus the bouncing profession in college .Maybe if you had a coach like Coach Pomp you wouldn't be in a bar you would have been on a field instead .I want someone to coach my son, push my son, teach him to never except losing , I'm the son of a marine that's what he instilled in myself and my brothers. Coach Pomps wants to win . Wants to coach wants to teach. X and Os are are only part of coaching ,anybody can walk around with a clipboard and high tube socks . Give me someone with passion,dedication, fire, spirit, you go with X and Os and see how that goes.
Look at the flyers and their results in the last 30 years he's been there . That "wanna be" has help guide some of the greatest athletes to come out of longIsland . Your the NEVER WAS ,he's done it . My bet is your no longer working the door at the Bar , your at the Bar regretting you were never the athlete you could have been .
XO XO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there is a grey line on everything. I love the car commercial where the dad says "Participation Trophy" you won the game. you went undefeated... and rips off the glued-on label/plaque saying Participation... mumbles my son isn't getting the same award as they kids who lost and takes a sharpie out and "rights" "Champs"... then while in the car turns to his son and says here is your champion trophy.

think it is a hyndai commercial
[/quote]

its a Kia commercial. Its priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the kids got on the bus after losing a football game and ... moved on.

How are they supposed to act after losing a high school football game none of them will remember they even played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, having read through most of these comments, I have one question that should be obvious to any reasonable human being: why do so many people have such strong opinions about this *without having seen the video*? Isn't that just patently irrational?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just heard this horrible news today. I am truly saddened. This decision has hurt the young men who will never get the Pomps experience. A guy that every kid connected with. He is straight up, honest, approachable, encouraging, passionate about the game, real guy, loved the sports he coached, loved the kids he coached. Awesome man who smiled cause he was happy doing what he did. How unfortunate that the future Chaminade boys are unknowingly being punished by not having access to a mentor like Pomps.

I guarantee he wasn't upset about losing. I bet he was pissed about the disregard for the discipline and hard work that goes into building a team, the lack of respect for your team and coaches by not caring, the individual selfishness vs the pride of family / team. I played for that man. I know how he's wired. I now coach my own children with the same passion and love and demand for "give it your best... no excuse" mentality that Pomps brought to work and taught everyday.

What words could he have possibly said that demanded such a punishment?? The passion, although maybe too much at that moment, IS the lesson to those young men. Teach them to be passionate, dedicated, driven to excellence, hard working, empowered, and focused. Losing is NOT okay. Compete to Win!! Don't be so cavalier about losing.

Playing for Pomps was a great time in my life and for so many guys I'm still friends with 27 years later. Chaminade is an amazing place. It breeds young men who are hungry to be great in many ways...in classrooms, on the fields, with your family. We left there ready, driven and hungry. Nothing was handed to us.

Chaminade got this one wrong. It is a worse place without Pomps on the field. That guy came to school everyday to teach so he could get out on that field in the afternoon. He loves those kids, they love him and the next generation will not know him because of this incident. Its wrong and unjust.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, having read through most of these comments, I have one question that should be obvious to any reasonable human being: why do so many people have such strong opinions about this *without having seen the video*? Isn't that just patently irrational?

because we know him. He's not out to harm our kids. Just the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just heard this horrible news today. I am truly saddened. This decision has hurt the young men who will never get the Pomps experience. A guy that every kid connected with. He is straight up, honest, approachable, encouraging, passionate about the game, real guy, loved the sports he coached, loved the kids he coached. Awesome man who smiled cause he was happy doing what he did. How unfortunate that the future Chaminade boys are unknowingly being punished by not having access to a mentor like Pomps.

I guarantee he wasn't upset about losing. I bet he was pissed about the disregard for the discipline and hard work that goes into building a team, the lack of respect for your team and coaches by not caring, the individual selfishness vs the pride of family / team. I played for that man. I know how he's wired. I now coach my own children with the same passion and love and demand for "give it your best... no excuse" mentality that Pomps brought to work and taught everyday.

What words could he have possibly said that demanded such a punishment?? The passion, although maybe too much at that moment, IS the lesson to those young men. Teach them to be passionate, dedicated, driven to excellence, hard working, empowered, and focused. Losing is NOT okay. Compete to Win!! Don't be so cavalier about losing.

Playing for Pomps was a great time in my life and for so many guys I'm still friends with 27 years later. Chaminade is an amazing place. It breeds young men who are hungry to be great in many ways...in classrooms, on the fields, with your family. We left there ready, driven and hungry. Nothing was handed to us.

Chaminade got this one wrong. It is a worse place without Pomps on the field. That guy came to school everyday to teach so he could get out on that field in the afternoon. He loves those kids, they love him and the next generation will not know him because of this incident. Its wrong and unjust.

Boo Hoo, move on. I guess if the guy just grabbed a kid by the nape of the neck, or kicked one in the [lacrosse]... That would be ok too right? No big deal, kid was out of line. It's football right? Gotta be hard mother F'er. Ya know, because no Coach back in the day ever did that right? Maybe the brothers should start paddling the kids again too. Keep these kids in line, teach 'em what's what. Do you see why they removed him now? Lack of self control tends to escalate.

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 111 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard