BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 111 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer school

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oldie but goody
chammy version:
How do you get a St. A's grad off your porch?
Pay for the pizza.

St. A's version:
How do you get a Chammy grad off your porch?
Throw him off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Pomps was terminated yesterday. Is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it is true. He resigned from Coaching all sports. With todays technology you have to watch yourself at all times. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100% all the time. Anyone who has coached for a long time knows every once in a while you get caught up when you feel others don't care as much as you do or don't put in the effort that you do and you express yourself. Every coach has yelled screamed at a player especially if you have coached for 30 years. He didn't single out one kid he was addressing the team as a whole which we have all done from time to time. Some kid decided to record that moment and turn it over to school officials. Not saying what he did was right but 30 years of helping kids become better people and because of an outburst right after a game he is forced to resign. The kid that taped it was probably one of the ones that he was talking about and doesnt care and was more concerned with his phone. I hope he is happy at the outcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unfortunately it is true. He resigned from Coaching all sports. With todays technology you have to watch yourself at all times. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 100% all the time. Anyone who has coached for a long time knows every once in a while you get caught up when you feel others don't care as much as you do or don't put in the effort that you do and you express yourself. Every coach has yelled screamed at a player especially if you have coached for 30 years. He didn't single out one kid he was addressing the team as a whole which we have all done from time to time. Some kid decided to record that moment and turn it over to school officials. Not saying what he did was right but 30 years of helping kids become better people and because of an outburst right after a game he is forced to resign. The kid that taped it was probably one of the ones that he was talking about and doesnt care and was more concerned with his phone. I hope he is happy at the outcome.

The kid who taped it, and then sent it to all the kids on the team, was not a player. One of those kids probably showed Mum & Father, and they complained to the Bubble Bath Authorities. Sad because he was a good guy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a great Coach on and off the field.

The boy who taped was cut from the team but is the team trainer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid that recorded isn't even a player, he is a "Team Manager"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid who taped it, and then sent it to all the kids on the team, was not a player. One of those kids probably showed Mum & Father, and they complained to the Bubble Bath Authorities. Sad because he was a good guy.

Pomps is a GREAT guy. He is a fiery coach and he truly cares about the kids. It is a shame that after 30 years at Chaminade, one event like this can take down a really good coach and an even better person. This is another example of the "pussification" of America and having to deal with helicopter parents and entitled kids who are never told know and don;t know what failure is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boo-hoo. Cops lose their jobs over what this guy did. He still keeps his......that's the real joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plain and simple. All alumni and more importantly all the interested DONORS should back this coach up. HE IS A GREAT GUY/coach.
It seems all too often the self important meddling parents of kids who get out performed are the ones calling the shots. It's an epidemic that needs to stop.
It's time to get involved and put your MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. STOP DONATING IF THIS MISTAKE ISNT REVERSED.

Get involved fellow alumni and let the Brothers know the difference between right and wrong.
They obviously lost their way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pomps is a GREAT guy. He is a fiery coach and he truly cares about the kids. It is a shame that after 30 years at Chaminade, one event like this can take down a really good coach and an even better person. This is another example of the "pussification" of America and having to deal with helicopter parents and entitled kids who are never told know and don;t know what failure is.

I am a StA lax dad (from 2 years ago), Pomps is a GREAT guy and awesome coach. Not often Chaminade & SA lax folks can agree but as for as Pomps goes he is class "A" all the way. Our society is just SOFT. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly said. Hope the huge parents club get involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an Alumni of Chaminade and former player of lacrosse and football under coach Pomps I'm very disappointed in the current "Chaminade Man". For 4 years I heard from teachers and administrators about the virtues that make up the "Chaminade Man' and I'm certain Forgiveness was one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what did he say? would love details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what did he say? would love details.

Para-phrasing of course...but he called the team out after giving up two touchdowns in the last 3 minutes of the game to lose by 1. Did he use some 4 and 5 letter words...yes. Did he question the teams mettle....yes. He also sat a bunch of starters on Monday for the second string. possibly for a wake up call. But surprise surprise, after Pomp was let go on Wednesday, the starters were back on the first team. TROUBLE IN THE TUB!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but this is all from those daddys and mommy's who never played sports. Being tough on kids and calling them out is no reason to be let go. I wish I could use the inflection of my voice to get my point across. You parents need to let your kids get coached. It's [lacrosse] plain and simple. Uncoachable kids become unemployable adults, let your kids get use to someone being tough on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the kid who recorded it wasn't the one who sent it in...no ones is certain who really sent it to the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade kids are soft and weak. The coach called them out for it. Hate to see these kids in real life situations. They need to toughen up, or join the chess club. Oh, they would probably get the same flack there. This country needs to stop this political correct nonsense and tell it like it is. #fedup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade kids are soft and weak. The coach called them out for it. Hate to see these kids in real life situations. They need to toughen up, or join the chess club. Oh, they would probably get the same flack there. This country needs to stop this political correct nonsense and tell it like it is. #fedup

To many of the parents pamper the kids. they are giving theses kids false hope by not showing them what life really is about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

First things first you cant call the kids soft and weak based on the fact that they go to Chaminade. Kids in general are a bit softer these days regardless of where they go to school because they are so damm pampered. I think the coach just got fed up with the bs of accepting a loss and laughing and joking on the bus. If you are there just to play and don't take losses seriously especially if you lose by 1 point when the other team scores 2 touchdowns to beat you maybe you need a little bit of a wake up call. These are not little kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His mommy did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard the audio. And I have no skin in this game other than I have been told that he is a good man and a passionate coach that has dedicated himself to Chaminade.

There was nothing that he said to group of young men who are sophomores in high school that justifies his being removed as a coach. Quite frankly, it could have been me, or any of us, laying into our own kids for poor performance or poor behavior. What a disgrace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a child in chaminade and it concerns me how the brothers feel sending a message to our children that so many great things about this coach could be taken away with one episode that one parent didn't like. I think they should expel the boy bring on his phone at the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has just given all control over to the parents. Squeaky wheel gets the most oil.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone please post the audio or video? I am sure that coach is getting a raw deal, but I think it's important we all judge for ourselves before making up our minds definitively. thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone please post the audio or video? I am sure that coach is getting a raw deal, but I think it's important we all judge for ourselves before making up our minds definitively. thanks.

You are too nosy!.... let it go!
Exactly what these situations do NOT need is to fan the flames and have the social media aspect of it continue to be perpetuated and passed around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what these situations do NOT need is to fan the flames and have the social media aspect of it continue to be perpetuated and passed around.

nosy? yeah, lets just sweep it under the rug. isn't it illegal in NY to tape someone without their knowledge? it wouldn't hold up in court. 30 years of coaching should be granted more consideration than it appears was given. one thing is for sure, kids are softer today and the sooner they realize mommy can't always bail them out the better. cursing shouldn't happen but what about forgiveness. isn't that what the Catholic religion is all about? seems like there is more to the story. you may be satisfied but I'm not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, call Newsday too..I am sure they would love to start an investigation of a Catholic institution...that's what they do best...News 12 would have interest I am sure as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"its important we all judge"??????

Has everyone lost their minds?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nosy? yeah, lets just sweep it under the rug. isn't it illegal in NY to tape someone without their knowledge? it wouldn't hold up in court. 30 years of coaching should be granted more consideration than it appears was given. one thing is for sure, kids are softer today and the sooner they realize mommy can't always bail them out the better. cursing shouldn't happen but what about forgiveness. isn't that what the Catholic religion is all about? seems like there is more to the story. you may be satisfied but I'm not.

What does court have to do with it? If an employer doesn't like and employees actions or conduct they can fire an employee regardless whether the employee violated the law or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want any further posting of a video that an immature kid passed around. I support Coach Pomps with or without hearing it. The bottom line is the kids were wrong to record and then further pass around. The parents were wrong to run and complain and lastly respectfully the brothers were wrong to cave into the parents pressure.

No benefit to a man who has been coaching 36 years whom so many respect to having any further posting of the video. So sad the world has changed forever with social media running/ruining lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does court have to do with it? If an employer doesn't like and employees actions or conduct they can fire an employee regardless whether the employee violated the law or not.

you are right but it doesn't mean they were right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it is okay to berate young boys for losing a game? Not saying maybe the coach didn't get a bad deal but it should never be ok to verbally assault a minor because they didn't win! Step back for just a minute. It was just a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it is okay to berate young boys for losing a game? Not saying maybe the coach didn't get a bad deal but it should never be ok to verbally assault a minor because they didn't win! Step back for just a minute. It was just a game.

no one said its ok. People do get to their breaking point. You obviously have never been a coach. Its very similar to being a parent. We make mistakes. The point is does it warrant firing or is this more to appease the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you contend that coaches laying into players for lousy performance after games is now called verbal assault? are you serious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did not get yelled at because they lost. They got yelled at for how they acted on the bus after losing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No but I am a parent. If your son came over to my house to hang with my son and I was screaming and swearing at your son, I'm guessing you wouldn't be dropping off your son again anytime soon. Everyone has their moments. There is also self control.
I'll ask you this---does it also mean that the coaches that hit their players and throw things at them when they don't perform thats ok too--- because he's a coach and it was in the heat of the moment. Not being a jerk. Asking the question. Where do you draw the line?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did not get yelled at because they lost. They got yelled at for how they acted on the bus after losing.

So I ask you? In what other facet of these young men's lives, is it acceptable for an Adult in a position of authority to behave this way towards them? Other than a coach, who would you allow to talk this way to your son? The brothers at his school? The teachers? His boss at a part time job? A stranger? Come on man, it's a GAME... A meaningless game that many kids are trying to play for FUN. It's not D1 football or the NFL. Good lord, put it in perspective. Obviously, the Administration at the school has their collective heads on straight. Is the Coach of the Math team, Debate team, or any other team that might actually get these kids somewhere in life allowed to speak that way? No. Would you allow your wife's Boss to speak to her that way? No. Yet for some reason, you mental patients think it's "OK" for the Football Coach to speak that way to your kid. Again, about a GAME...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, Pomps was addressing the team as a whole--not any particular player. What occasioned the outburst was the team's behavior on the bus after a loss that could have been avoided. Posting the incident on social media for others (who likely have no standing) to judge will not help the situation nor is it the right thing to do. But to intimate that what happened was verbal assault is irresponsible.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 111 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard