BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 90 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. They said they have a few summer 2001 kids playing 2020. That's my point.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's cheating !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's cheating !

You're an idiot, and completely clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, who got an invite to Maverick Showtime 2020? Best showcase for recruiting but very selective. All the big clubs got between 2-5 invites. So you can see if your coaches think you were 6cworthy.

91 Crush recieved 10 invites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any top 2020 teams have a few kids with older birthdates. Some also have holdbacks. it is a fact. Not just in MD but in NY, PA, NJ, MASS., EVERYWHERE! You are a complete fool if you think the top 2020 teams dont have a few older kids. It is everywhere.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, who got an invite to Maverick Showtime 2020? Best showcase for recruiting but very selective. All the big clubs got between 2-5 invites. So you can see if your coaches think you were 6cworthy.

They got 5, so did express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the posts constantly pop up combining age/birth dates and grade? We'll say it for the 10,000th time - it doesn't matter if your kid was born in May and is a 2019, or end of Sept and is a 2019 but a reclass could make him a superstar at 2020. It is the GRADUATING YEAR OF YOUR PLAYER THAT MATTERS - that's it!! Age is not a factor unless it is a U based or age based league or tourney - period. What people choose to do as far as reclassifying is their own choice - I think it's idiotic, but to each his own. Bottom line is, grade based is just that - please don't argue birth dates in grade based discussions - it's irrelevant...

Not totally accurate. Per the reference to Adrenaline rules above - which I checked - at least one tournament organizers lets Canadian kids with earlier graduation dates play in 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying, Long Island. Keeo crying.

Not playing age-based sports below the high school years makes no sense. College coaches don't care how old a kid is and I'm sure they promote reclassing/holding back, whatever the eff you want to call it. Fact is, older kids dominate younger kids, it's why 2019 teams beat all the 2020 teams, why 2020 teams beat 2021 teams, etc. It's why most of the best kids on the field are typically the oldest kids. For some reason, Baltimorans/Marylanders seem to think their kids are better and take glory in beating the Crush by using older players. It's unethical and despicable behavior, and the parents should be ashamed. But they aren't and they continue to promote that behavior. I wouldn't call it complaining/crying, we're just calling you out. Go to an age based system and there would be no arguing/debating. This debate doesn't happen at all in girls sports, simply low self esteem dad's trying to get their sons an unfair advantage. Crabs are worst offenders.

Girls lacrosse has been class-based for years. No crying there. I guess their parents aren't wimps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the posts constantly pop up combining age/birth dates and grade? We'll say it for the 10,000th time - it doesn't matter if your kid was born in May and is a 2019, or end of Sept and is a 2019 but a reclass could make him a superstar at 2020. It is the GRADUATING YEAR OF YOUR PLAYER THAT MATTERS - that's it!! Age is not a factor unless it is a U based or age based league or tourney - period. What people choose to do as far as reclassifying is their own choice - I think it's idiotic, but to each his own. Bottom line is, grade based is just that - please don't argue birth dates in grade based discussions - it's irrelevant...
15 year olds playing 13 year olds, but wait, there are graduating 2020 so you are right, it is irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush recieved 8 invites

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not playing age-based sports below the high school years makes no sense. College coaches don't care how old a kid is and I'm sure they promote reclassing/holding back, whatever the eff you want to call it. Fact is, older kids dominate younger kids, it's why 2019 teams beat all the 2020 teams, why 2020 teams beat 2021 teams, etc. It's why most of the best kids on the field are typically the oldest kids. For some reason, Baltimorans/Marylanders seem to think their kids are better and take glory in beating the Crush by using older players. It's unethical and despicable behavior, and the parents should be ashamed. But they aren't and they continue to promote that behavior. I wouldn't call it complaining/crying, we're just calling you out. Go to an age based system and there would be no arguing/debating. This debate doesn't happen at all in girls sports, simply low self esteem dad's trying to get their sons an unfair advantage. Crabs are worst offenders.

Girls lacrosse has been class-based for years. No crying there. I guess their parents aren't wimps.

Girls are done growing by 14, while some boys are just starting at that age, so it's the same type of maturity issue. Not even close. Nice try!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush recieved 8 invites

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 year olds playing 13 year olds, but wait, there are graduating 2020 so you are right, it is irrelevant.

Yes, it is irrelevant. you can complain and whine about it constantly, but at the end of the day, grade is grade. That is why it is irrelevant - why can you not see how ridiculous the argument is? You're discussing two different topics - age is one measuring stick, reserved for U based (and apparently international - which is done because Canada apparently includes a PG year in their "norm" so Edge plays everyone down all the time, but who cares about them anyway), and grade based is grade based - it is what it is. Why cry about it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you guys view kids in NY born Sept-Dec 2001 who started school later than their peers differently than MD/PA kids who were born June-July 2001 that started late?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

There is no hitting in girls lacrosse so I think the physicality of the boys game makes for a greater argument as to having the kids play by age of year born not graduation year. I would love to see my son play against himself a full year and a half younger. It would make a world of difference. In the less than a year when puberty kicked in he grew 6 inches in height and put on 15-20lbs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's, FCA and Crabs 2020 are going to smash Crush this fall. As in "green Hulk hands smash".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's, FCA and Crabs 2020 are going to smash Crush this fall. As in "green Hulk hands smash".

That'd be really embarrassing for the holdbacks if they can't or possibly can only win in a one goal OT game. Might possibly want to reclass again to 2021 just in case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush recieved 8 invites

Crabs received 37 invites and holdbacks are being shuttled there on a private jet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush recieved 8 invites

Crabs received 37 invites and holdbacks are being shuttled there on a private jet.

5, from the man. Heard there was a little whining about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks play the game better than the 3 above mentioned. Looneys Same old no O but decent team D. Fca added a few good attackman. Crabs still gets the best in the grade base system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

There is no hitting in girls lacrosse so I think the physicality of the boys game makes for a greater argument as to having the kids play by age of year born not graduation year. I would love to see my son play against himself a full year and a half younger. It would make a world of difference. In the less than a year when puberty kicked in he grew 6 inches in height and put on 15-20lbs.

Man I'd love that too. My son is the youngest on his AA team, and as a true grad year. It would be an incredible sight to see him play his younger self.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man I'd love that too. My son is the youngest on his AA team, and as a true grad year. It would be an incredible sight to see him play his younger self.

Let the cheating holdbacks enjoy it now. After spending all the money to artificially make their kids look good for a couple years, reality will set in as others catch up. Most will eventually just be known as the cheater who was not good enough to compete at their proper age group. Sad that a parent would do that to their kid, actually bizzare!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let the cheating holdbacks enjoy it now. After spending all the money to artificially make their kids look good for a couple years, reality will set in as others catch up. Most will eventually just be known as the cheater who was not good enough to compete at their proper age group. Sad that a parent would do that to their kid, actually bizzare!

No, they will refer to those kids as ones who are playing college lax. It might make you mad, but that is the reality.

Keep crying, Long Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks play the game better than the 3 above mentioned. Looneys Same old no O but decent team D. Fca added a few good attackman. Crabs still gets the best in the grade base system.

How did Hawks do against crabs, looneys and fca this past tournament season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't magically create a great player by holding a kid back. It may appear that a mediocre player is a better temporarily, but that will only last a little while. If you hold a great player back, they will continue to be great and look amazing. Problem is most of the kids being held back now are not great, just average. In a few years they will be average again. If they happen to be recruited the majority will ride the bench. Cream rises to the top, no matter how hard you shake the milk!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, quite the contrary logic, parents don't cheat for their daughters, don't hold them back because it's not that embarrassing when your daughter isn't a great athlete but your son must be right guy? Play him against kids his own age and he becomes just average or below average and you can't handle that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ironically our friends to the north opened the door for this now almost universal grade based segmentation of youth club lacrosse. In 2012 there were ZERO grade based clubs in MD. Breakers, FCA, Hawks, Madlax, Looneys, Roughriders, Green Turtle.... even Crabs were age based -- u11, u13, u15 in youth and then grade in HS. And all local tournaments were age based. I think when rec teams started getting pounding by teams named Express 2019, Crush 2020 etc in what had been rec tournaments LaxSpash/Beachlax -- the seas of change were set in motion. That scourge of youth sports took over – the need to win at all costs and opportunity to make money. The next thing you know its dump the rec programs and organize by grade to take advantage of kids who were held back in kindergarten. More clubs, more tournaments, more money. Now we have Team 91 MD breaking new ground on how much money we can fleece parents for in youth lax in MD. My original point is that clubs in Maryland, DC and Va followed the format created in NY. It’s imperfect and unnecessary but for the most part keeps kids within an 18 month window. Of course there are some that push the limit but the “double hold-back” is a myth. There is a rule in the MIAA that you can’t turn 19 before school year and play a sport. Anyway you can’t blame teams for organizing by grade when that’s how tournaments and teams from other regions are formed. If clubs on LI feel the system is unfair/unsafe – let’s see some leadership organize your teams/tournaments by single year’s u11, u12, u13 etc and based on US Lax 9/1 cut-offs. Many including me would welcome the change. Until then you are just whining about a system you helped create.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from Sweetlax tourney in Cornell?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge 6 fl$ 4..all games were very competitive between Sweetlax Edge and fl$. The FCA North-East team were overmatched. Great venue and weather. In the 2021 division Team Igloo dominated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$ beat Sweetlax 9-7, FCA 16-2, and lost twice to Edge 2001 by 2 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We always tell the organizers the age of our kids. Sweetlax had no problem with it. Oldest may 5/2001 youngest Jan 17/2002. The tournament was competitive and fl$ actually deserved to win the final but the edge goalies stood on his head. We don't hide behind the fact that we play in both the 2019 and 2020 division. Read the rules for Adrenaline out of country is exempt. Yet we are playing 2019 there and in Richmond. NYPLL we are playing 2020 and Sweetlax we played 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge 6 fl$ 4..all games were very competitive between Sweetlax Edge and fl$. The FCA North-East team were overmatched. Great venue and weather. In the 2021 division Team Igloo dominated.

Was the Sweetlax FOGO from Long Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. not as dominant as he usually is/once was...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes he is very good. Took our guys awhile to figure him out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't last year's fl$ team beat Edge and then lose to them in the final? And wasn't that Edge 2020 team full of hold backs? What happened to the massive fl$ upgrade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All is good with fl$, thank you. See you soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't last year's fl$ team beat Edge and then lose to them in the final? And wasn't that Edge 2020 team full of hold backs? What happened to the massive fl$ upgrade?

Sweetlax lost to Edge in overtime. Edge was a ninth grade team. Very big and skilled. Igloo 2021 looked very good, probably could have played up and done well, except size would have been an issue with Edge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sweetlax lost to Edge in overtime. Edge was a ninth grade team. Very big and skilled. Igloo 2021 looked very good, probably could have played up and done well, except size would have been an issue with Edge
FYI Igloo 2021 would not do well against any good 2020 teams, you are smoking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got 5, so did express

wrong

Page 17 of 90 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard