BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Re: LI Outlaws News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No pot stirring here. The power teams got better and all the other teams either got worse or stayed the same. It will be the same crap as last year on all grade levels!

Ok enlighten us .... Who are the power teams??

For 2022 United and Smash got way better, Igloo got better, Express got better and Outlaws will probably be in the lower end on those teams. Them Legacy and Empire and the rest of the pack.

Empire??? How can you possibly put Empire in this mix??
Well in all fairness he put them on the bottom

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be fair , there are a dozen teams between them and the bottom!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of morons on here. So much negativity. If you had a bad experience, find something else that works for your kid and move on. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Not every kid has the ability or the interest in playing on the number one team on Long Island. There is a team, and a college, for every kid. Not every boy wants to play D1 ball. Whatever happened to playing for the love of the game? I feel sorry for some of your kids! Don't ruin the experience for them. If they don't play D1 or get a scholarship, you are going to make them feel like failures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone else noticed that the outlaw website has changed. During tryouts the tuition said 2400 and it included 8 positional clinics. Now it says 6 positional clinics and tuition is the same, 2400. Was this communicated to parents in a reduction of services after they paid the first installment?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get used to it, PB and the Outlaws change like the wind and whenever it suits them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh bait and switch the old Outlaws way. Nothing like taking the name literally as how you treat your paying customers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoke and mirrors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't list their tourneys any more either, which is fine. A bummer cause it's nice to see. 91 no tourneys listed either.

Hope Outlaws had their lawyers look into rights usage of the college logos. That can be perceived as an endorsement and could be a major lawsuit that could bring down the company. Happens all the time.

But it's their business and can run it the way they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoke and mirrors

I thought outlaws was the place to be this year? Haha!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't list their tourneys any more either, which is fine. A bummer cause it's nice to see. 91 no tourneys listed either.

Hope Outlaws had their lawyers look into rights usage of the college logos. That can be perceived as an endorsement and could be a major lawsuit that could bring down the company. Happens all the time.

But it's their business and can run it the way they want.

Looked at that. They also have Myles Jones from Duke as a coach. Does Myles know he is a coach? Or Duke? What team did he coach last year or this year?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you for checking the website, it is much appreciated. Clinics were originally going to be 1 hour- we changes them to 1:20 for Youth and 1:30 for High School. All kids will receive same training time as originally posted, most likely more. We received nothing but positive feedback from the clinics this weekend, which was ran by all of our board members. The only tuition which changed on web site was 3rd grade, and it came down in price. We added practice for all teams after first installment, added tournaments for all High School Teams as well. HS Tournaments posted on website, Youth to follow. Please continue to keep an eye on us, not sure what we would do without you.

Any Teams want to set up Scrimmages/games Please contact Us
Thanks PB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
Thank you for checking the website, it is much appreciated. Clinics were originally going to be 1 hour- we changes them to 1:20 for Youth and 1:30 for High School. All kids will receive same training time as originally posted, most likely more. We received nothing but positive feedback from the clinics this weekend, which was ran by all of our board members. The only tuition which changed on web site was 3rd grade, and it came down in price. We added practice for all teams after first installment, added tournaments for all High School Teams as well. HS Tournaments posted on website, Youth to follow. Please continue to keep an eye on us, not sure what we would do without you.

Thanks PB

Yup, going to believe the snake oil salesman or the people who have tried the product and seen the results I mean lack of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks PB

Yup, going to believe the snake oil salesman or the people who have tried the product and seen the results I mean lack of.

Could not agree with you more. Just go look at the tournaments they are putting their A(select teams) compared to black. In almost every case the select is getting more tournaments but the black teams pay the same amount.

For 2019 they fed everyone a line about how good the black team will be and how they will be in a lot of the same recruiting tournaments as the select. Not only have they loaded up the team with kids when they cancelled the C team but the tournaments they are playing in suck!!!. So much for treating all the teams equally. I guess I will be back to individual showcases to get my kid exposure.. Thought that's what I was paying them for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe after 3 try out dates they are still looking to fill roster spots through emails. Either kids decided to go another direction and take spots on other teams for one reason or another, or it's just an indication of the product they have put out the last couple of years. Either way it doesn't say much for the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every organization has to fill spots - outlaws are stronger than ever - please go away its getting old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks PB

Could not agree with you more. Just go look at the tournaments they are putting their A(select teams) compared to black. In almost every case the select is getting more tournaments but the black teams pay the same amount.

For 2019 they fed everyone a line about how good the black team will be and how they will be in a lot of the same recruiting tournaments as the select. Not only have they loaded up the team with kids when they cancelled the C team but the tournaments they are playing in suck!!!. So much for treating all the teams equally. I guess I will be back to individual showcases to get my kid exposure.. Thought that's what I was paying them for.

I could not agree with you more. You have select teams playing in 3 tournaments at least and black teams looking for players. I feel bad for 2023 black. Paying same amount but they are short 6 players if you go by their math that's basically a team of 15 if that much because you know that they have a few who don't belong there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually makes me feel good that they didn't just take anybody....just to have a body and fill a spot. Will all work itself out like it always does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't feel bad for them. Kids had a great first practice and are looking forward to only getting better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a post about their fall tournaments where are they headed to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks PB

I could not agree with you more. You have select teams playing in 3 tournaments at least and black teams looking for players. I feel bad for 2023 black. Paying same amount but they are short 6 players if you go by their math that's basically a team of 15 if that much because you know that they have a few who don't belong there.

Its the same story with Outlaws all the time they never fill a roster hoping to get a diamond in the rough. Instead end up with a few duds! Happened last year and I see its happening again this year on all levels.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks PB

Its the same story with Outlaws all the time they never fill a roster hoping to get a diamond in the rough. Instead end up with a few duds! Happened last year and I see its happening again this year on all levels.

It is the same old story with the people out here bashing the good programs..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Thanks PB

It is the same old story with the people out here bashing the good programs..

Seems like a lot of different people.There must be an indication of some truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks PB

Kids working their butts off, enjoying playing a sport and getting better are "duds". Wow, a son having a good father figure is a diamond in the rough. You my friend are what we call a failed parent, sorry, A "dud".

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
wrong .. most of them are the same people answering themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks PB

Kids working their butts off, enjoying playing a sport and getting better are "duds". Wow, a son having a good father figure is a diamond in the rough. You my friend are what we call a failed parent, sorry, A "dud".

I hear the 2021 select team is as good or if not better than igloo black ice and 91 heat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the 2021 select team is as good or if not better than igloo black ice and 91 heat.

Thats has been posted here for the last 3 or 4 years. Thay are a good squad to be sure, one of the Islands top 7 or 8 teams. But they have never come close to beating a true AA in 2021. I think 91 0 crushed them last year as did Igloos better team. I also do not believe they have ever beaten Expresses true A nor TLIs nor Icon. They are good no doubt, but they have not been able to break into the elite category. I see no reason that should change. They should be proud of what they have accomplished to date

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have developed these kids over the years making few changes. They got better and probably a top 5 team on Long Island by teaching and practicing with the same kids over the years. I agree they should be proud of where they are now given where they started a few years ago.

Thats has been posted here for the last 3 or 4 years. Thay are a good squad to be sure, one of the Islands top 7 or 8 teams. But they have never come close to beating a true AA in 2021. I think 91 0 crushed them last year as did Igloos better team. I also do not believe they have ever beaten Expresses true A nor TLIs nor Icon. They are good no doubt, but they have not been able to break into the elite category. I see no reason that should change. They should be proud of what they have accomplished to date

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have developed these kids over the years making few changes. They got better and probably a top 5 team on Long Island by teaching and practicing with the same kids over the years. I agree they should be proud of where they are now given where they started a few years ago.

We will see how they do this year. DOnt forget, a few small changes on a roster of 20 to 24 adds up. If you flip 3 players per year over 5 years thats 15 players, thats more then 50% of your roster

We will see how they do this year. Do not forget, a few small changes on a roster of 20 to 24 adds up. If you flip 3 players per year over 5 years thats 15 players, thats more then 50% of your roster at the end of the day. And lets face it, if you have a player who develops and is great, chances are he leaves to play on 91 or Express (if you do Catholic school). Being on 91s A team in 8th grade and on pretty much assures you looks from D1. They know youi would not be there if you where not one of the ISlands Top 50 players. Not meant to be a knock on the Outlaws, they do a great job with recruiting, but 91 and Express put more kids in D1 and get more rides. WHen it comes to recruiting I would say Outlaws are a solid #3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see how they do this year. DOnt forget, a few small changes on a roster of 20 to 24 adds up. If you flip 3 players per year over 5 years thats 15 players, thats more then 50% of your roster

We will see how they do this year. Do not forget, a few small changes on a roster of 20 to 24 adds up. If you flip 3 players per year over 5 years thats 15 players, thats more then 50% of your roster at the end of the day. And lets face it, if you have a player who develops and is great, chances are he leaves to play on 91 or Express (if you do Catholic school). Being on 91s A team in 8th grade and on pretty much assures you looks from D1. They know youi would not be there if you where not one of the ISlands Top 50 players. Not meant to be a knock on the Outlaws, they do a great job with recruiting, but 91 and Express put more kids in D1 and get more rides. WHen it comes to recruiting I would say Outlaws are a solid #3

Solid #3, so you're saying there is a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid #3, so you're saying there is a chance.

I said 3 at recruiting. The Outlaws fall below 91 Orange, Igloo AA, WOlverines, Icon , TLI and not sure about Legacy in actual play. Icon and Igloo are new clubs , dont even know of they coach recruitable ages yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are talking about 2021 and D 1 recruiting?? You people have lost your minds !

They fact that you people believe the hype , drives the money right to the clubs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are talking about 2021 and D 1 recruiting?? You people have lost your minds !

They fact that you people believe the hype , drives the money right to the clubs!

I disagree, this travel season will be for rising 8 th graders. The recruiting is only a year away for the true talent. You will see that in most cases , the elite players are moved to Varsity in 8th grade. If you think college coaches are not looking at 2020 this year your wrong. These guys are on the cusp and if getting recruited is what your after, by the way I am not. the next 3 seasons are crucial. This one to find the right team and spot and the two following to make your mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
wrong .. most of them are the same people answering themselves.

Yea they have a great coaching staff but for some reason hire outside people to pick there teams? I can tell you that is doesn't work! They leave out a lot of talented kids that now play for other teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Outlaws have a few good teams. Let's be truthful the 2017 A Team was the Gladiators and that is their best teams. The coaching is great. The coach was so good he saw that one coach in particular didn't really fit and had him shipped off and another age group 2018 is stuck with him. The 2018 Black/Select was loaded with talent. Just the coaching stunk. No practices, No plays, No commitment from the head coach resulted in no commitment from players and parents. As a result the team fragmented. If anyone and anyone with an ounce of self worth can say this isn't true with actual facts please prove me wrong here are the facts:
barely any practices, (more practices cancelled than actually had) no set plays, parents filling in at tournaments to coach, sometimes only 1 coach on the sideline, never the same coaches at practice or tournaments, head coaches going on vacation during tournaments, barely enough players to field teams at most tournaments, not having enough players at particular positions to play and using players who never played the position to fill in.
Of course the powers that be will say ohh players thought they couldn't show because the team had 32 players. That's bs! It was made clear that you were to be selected to certain tournaments and those we're the tournaments you were playing in. If the coach had pulse of the team and knew what was going he would make sure he had enough players at tournaments. The team would be bringing 24 players to each tournament. If the coaching doesn't improve, which I doubt it will, the team will be a sub .500 team. I hope for the sake of the new players and parents this isn't true but getting your rear end handed to you at every tournament and not playing in the quarters, semi's, and or finals of one recruiting tournament isn't going to help with recruiting. Having a lacrosse recruit profile isn't recruiting. These are just the facts. As a past consumer I only think it's fair that parents know the truth. Again you will be wooed and told whatever you need to hear, but once those checks are cleared you will be treated like the red headed step child. If this is what you want go ahead just be aware and maybe you can nip it in the [lacrosse] now and it will be different for your team. Lots of talent on the team but it needs to be coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been through this twice already. You are insane. they just started 7th grade!! A handful will be recruited in 9th. Most in 10th and 11th. Everyone needs to relax and work on grades. That is what will really matter when the time comes. Every early recruit I have seen is a great student!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Outlaws have a few good teams. Let's be truthful the 2017 A Team was the Gladiators and that is their best teams. The coaching is great. The coach was so good he saw that one coach in particular didn't really fit and had him shipped off and another age group 2018 is stuck with him. The 2018 Black/Select was loaded with talent. Just the coaching stunk. No practices, No plays, No commitment from the head coach resulted in no commitment from players and parents. As a result the team fragmented. If anyone and anyone with an ounce of self worth can say this isn't true with actual facts please prove me wrong here are the facts:
barely any practices, (more practices cancelled than actually had) no set plays, parents filling in at tournaments to coach, sometimes only 1 coach on the sideline, never the same coaches at practice or tournaments, head coaches going on vacation during tournaments, barely enough players to field teams at most tournaments, not having enough players at particular positions to play and using players who never played the position to fill in.
Of course the powers that be will say ohh players thought they couldn't show because the team had 32 players. That's bs! It was made clear that you were to be selected to certain tournaments and those we're the tournaments you were playing in. If the coach had pulse of the team and knew what was going he would make sure he had enough players at tournaments. The team would be bringing 24 players to each tournament. If the coaching doesn't improve, which I doubt it will, the team will be a sub .500 team. I hope for the sake of the new players and parents this isn't true but getting your rear end handed to you at every tournament and not playing in the quarters, semi's, and or finals of one recruiting tournament isn't going to help with recruiting. Having a lacrosse recruit profile isn't recruiting. These are just the facts. As a past consumer I only think it's fair that parents know the truth. Again you will be wooed and told whatever you need to hear, but once those checks are cleared you will be treated like the red headed step child. If this is what you want go ahead just be aware and maybe you can nip it in the [lacrosse] now and it will be different for your team. Lots of talent on the team but it needs to be coached.

2018 Team is Loaded and Coaching is Great, Glad your gone, Your kid just is not that good, its ok, BYE BYE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 Team is Loaded and Coaching is Great, Glad your gone, Your kid just is not that good, its ok, BYE BYE

Don't think you can read. Person never said players weren't good. They spoke about organization and the coaching. Based on what I read coaching seemed the coaching sucked!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Great retort. It seems so well thought out that I am completely and utterly at a loss for words. Kid was there for a few years and we saw the complete regression of coaching. So the facts are the facts. Again I will reiterate the team had very good players the past two seasons. This past summer the coaching or lack of coaching is what hurt the overall results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think you can read. Person never said players weren't good. They spoke about organization and the coaching. Based on what I read coaching seemed the coaching sucked!!!!!!

I think he can read, he said the team is loaded NOW. Your kid, who wasn't as good as you thought, is now gone. The new better players and returning top players from last year will have a much stronger team. The way I see it, the Outlaws gave your kid an opportunity to play with better kids last year, didn't they? If anyone should be ticked off, it should be the parents of the better players!!! It didn't work for your kid. How does that make you a victim? Go in the yard and practice with your kid, get him in the gym, do something. But for God sakes stop with the victim rant. The overwhelming majority of the top kids returned, and many more would have if they were given the opportunity to do so. Move on already.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard