BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 90 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People can say whatever they like "the looneys will beat the Chesapeake Bay Hawks " bottom line in my book it is Crush and about six to eight teams in the next tier. The discussion should be who's after Crush?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having seen several of these 2020 teams, it is definitely a down year. Not a lot of great teams and players compared to older grades at the same age.

Crush is a good team, but don't belong in the conversation with the Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Having seen several of these 2020 teams, it is definitely a down year. Not a lot of great teams and players compared to older grades at the same age.

Anyone who says 2020 isn't a strong year is wrong. There's no difference year-to-year, all the great 2019 teams beat the 2020 teams, all the great 2020 teams beat up on the 2021 teams, etc. Dumb discussion topic. Crush is best, but gap closing and they only play a few kids, but their starters are the best, no doubt. Then there's 5 or 6 teams that can really play but can't beat the Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Ontario are playing Sweetlax Fall 2020 Oct 4 Rumble in Richmond Oct 31-Nov 1 2019 Adrenaline Platinum Leesburg Va. Nov 13 2019 and NYPLL Autumn Classic Nov 14 2020 looking forward to playing Looney's again. Hopefully the Crabs won't put us in the same preliminary group again. Wherever you are headed we hope you have a great season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? It's a weak year because you said so? You still have failed to give any specific examples to back up your claims. Turtles stopped playing up at this year because they were losing!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It definitely wasn't the OP who put them into the same conversation with the Turtles, someone just randomly said "they are nowhere near the Turtles at that age" - completely irrelevant, and useless to argue about in this forum or context. The initial point was that Crush is the best current 2020 team, and since Turtles isn't, it simply doesn't matter. If 2020 is a down year - and maybe it is in LI (I doubt it though), but it definitely isn't in other regions like MD - that should be even more evidence that supports the argument that Crush is the top 2020 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People can say whatever they like "the looneys will beat the Chesapeake Bay Hawks " bottom line in my book it is Crush and about six to eight teams in the next tier. The discussion should be who's after Crush?

It sure ain't Looneys - they need to get in line!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of these 9 or so teams can beat or gove the 2019 team a good game. Seen Crush play LAxachusettes and although crush lost, they gave them a good game (regardless of the ages on the Laxachuesttes team).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DID we forget the VAIL ?? Looney over FCA??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's had 3 players out in the early spring..then team learned the system..they are very good and fun to watch..
Cant wait to see new 2020 teams match up.
Overall, 2020's are loaded with talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've said the same thing in a past post. I don't mean to insult the kids but there's not as much talent as older grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep on saying that to yourself Crabs dad. Crush proved that they were the best last year by dominating the Crabs on TV and they got even better this year. The Looneys had tons of holdbacks and doubleholdbacks on that team. Crush will continue to dominate as they always have.

Looneys doesn't have tons of hold backs or any double hold backs. 3 kids with summer 01 bdays. Your team is fantastic and clearly the best 2020. There's no reason to make things up just because there was a close game
Summer 01 birthdays, guess that makes it ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, didn't forget. The FCA team that Looneys beat was not the MD club FCA team. players from all over the country on that team that never played together before that weekend. FCA MD club upgraded in several positions this year and should be a good test for Looneys and others. I agree that Crush is still the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is a deep class. Quit acting like children and enjoy this. Crush is #1 until someone knocks them off. All other teams mentioned are very good teams too. Enjoy this time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid born in may 01 and is a 2019!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRABS ARE FULL OF HOLDBACKS. 2020 is going to have at least 7 or 8 players that have been held back at least 1 or 2 years. Complete joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what! We have July 2002 on our 2020 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying, Long Island. Keeo crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some Great 2020 teams outside of Crush. Looney's, Crabs,Express, Legacy, Sons, Laxachusettes can all compete
2020 is a deep class. Quit acting like children and enjoy this. Crush is #1 until someone knocks them off. All other teams mentioned are very good teams too. Enjoy this time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRABS ARE FULL OF HOLDBACKS. 2020 is going to have at least 7 or 8 players that have been held back at least 1 or 2 years. Complete joke.

Yes, and everyone knows it. Let them play whatever year they pick as most convenient because the rest of the community just discounts their performance for what it is.-bigger, stronger, older. Holdbacks have destroyed that team for any true on age kids that might be left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for 3D Nova Scotia this fall. They upgraded in many positions and stole the top players from Haitian Express. Will give Crush a run for their money this year. Mark my word.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for 3D Nova Scotia this fall. They upgraded in many positions and stole the top players from Haitian Express. Will give Crush a run for their money this year. Mark my word.

My money is on Team 91 Arkansas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
July 02 is what your supposed to have in 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be interesting, half of the 2016 Crabs team that competed well against Turtles are now on the 2020 Crabs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a few superb 2019 defensemen with the end of Sept 2001 DOB on Li who could turn the 2020 world upside down if they "reclassed". Instead I am sure they will continue to challenge themselves at 2019 and if they want to play lax in college and get the opportunity at 2020 in a few years... I am sure they will take it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, who got an invite to Maverick Showtime 2020? Best showcase for recruiting but very selective. All the big clubs got between 2-5 invites. So you can see if your coaches think you were 6cworthy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada website says 2020s are 2002 born. Then they have 2 2019 teams, 2001 born and 2000 born. What team is actually playing 2020 in the states this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two kids on 2019 last year are on 2020 this year. That might be a record low number for BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge Canada website says 2020s are 2002 born. Then they have 2 2019 teams, 2001 born and 2000 born. What team is actually playing 2020 in the states this year?

Good luck with Edge. They play by their own rules and the tournament organizers will not stand up to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still talking about that? Those kids got beat up should not have been out there. As for age, not one college coach cares how old you are- just grades and 4 years of playing time. JS incited the whole thing when he f-bombed those kids when they were jockeying for the cage without the sun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with Edge. They play by their own rules and the tournament organizers will not stand up to them.

As a gambling man I would think the 2001 team. Wink wink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not playing age-based sports below the high school years makes no sense. College coaches don't care how old a kid is and I'm sure they promote reclassing/holding back, whatever the eff you want to call it. Fact is, older kids dominate younger kids, it's why 2019 teams beat all the 2020 teams, why 2020 teams beat 2021 teams, etc. It's why most of the best kids on the field are typically the oldest kids. For some reason, Baltimorans/Marylanders seem to think their kids are better and take glory in beating the Crush by using older players. It's unethical and despicable behavior, and the parents should be ashamed. But they aren't and they continue to promote that behavior. I wouldn't call it complaining/crying, we're just calling you out. Go to an age based system and there would be no arguing/debating. This debate doesn't happen at all in girls sports, simply low self esteem dad's trying to get their sons an unfair advantage. Crabs are worst offenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A group of 2019 dads may take some boys born after 5/1/2001 mixed in with some top 2020 players and play some 2020 tournaments to see if the reclass really is a deal breaker. From there they will decide if they will reclass or not. the name of the team will be... Potent IAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, and.....? That's where he is supposed to be, what's the point ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not playing age-based sports below the high school years makes no sense. College coaches don't care how old a kid is and I'm sure they promote reclassing/holding back, whatever the eff you want to call it. Fact is, older kids dominate younger kids, it's why 2019 teams beat all the 2020 teams, why 2020 teams beat 2021 teams, etc. It's why most of the best kids on the field are typically the oldest kids. For some reason, Baltimorans/Marylanders seem to think their kids are better and take glory in beating the Crush by using older players. It's unethical and despicable behavior, and the parents should be ashamed. But they aren't and they continue to promote that behavior. I wouldn't call it complaining/crying, we're just calling you out. Go to an age based system and there would be no arguing/debating. This debate doesn't happen at all in girls sports, simply low self esteem dad's trying to get their sons an unfair advantage. Crabs are worst offenders.

Well said! We will keep crying while you keep cheating. Until your game of smoke and mirrors runs out. When it all evens out you will be the one crying while your "superstar" rides the bench

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, and.....? That's where he is supposed to be, what's the point ?

Um, I think that was his point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we need to play down we are only in the process of learning the outdoor game. Our team are all 2001's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go read the rules for the Adrenaline Fall Classic there is an actual rider for "out of country teams"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we need to play down we are only in the process of learning the outdoor game. Our team are all 2001's

Meaning the EDGE 2020 team playing at Cornell this week? Our 2020 boys born in 2002 are also still learning the game. Is that the excuse du jour?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do the posts constantly pop up combining age/birth dates and grade? We'll say it for the 10,000th time - it doesn't matter if your kid was born in May and is a 2019, or end of Sept and is a 2019 but a reclass could make him a superstar at 2020. It is the GRADUATING YEAR OF YOUR PLAYER THAT MATTERS - that's it!! Age is not a factor unless it is a U based or age based league or tourney - period. What people choose to do as far as reclassifying is their own choice - I think it's idiotic, but to each his own. Bottom line is, grade based is just that - please don't argue birth dates in grade based discussions - it's irrelevant...

Page 16 of 90 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard