BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 76 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone recommend a goalie coach? My son likes the position but needs some 1:1

Breakout Goaltending... I think there is a website and FB page.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone recommend a goalie coach? My son likes the position but needs some 1:1

Breakout Goaltending... I think there is a website and FB page.

One on one....

User
User

PM me

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 Igloo team, qualified for the [lacrosse]'s Sporting Goods National Youth Lacrosse Championships in Wesley Chapel, FL this December. There are 21 kids on the team and the goal is to raise enough money for uniforms and Fall tournament fees for the kids. These kids come from all over Long Island and have been working together for over two years with their eyes on this National prize. They finally qualified by winning the last summer tournament of the season and are trying to get to Florida and win the title. Please help this group of young men represent their communities at the National Championships

Are you kidding me? Represent their communities?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for donations??? seriously????

They pay $3500 per kid and cant afford to pay for extra tournament??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the money AA takes for "tryouts" and he can't afford to subsidize his team for a tournament. #shameless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any ideas what's going on with the two teams at Express? Sounds like one team has 25 kids and the other only 15. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way an Igloo parent posted this. Nice try.
All the money AA takes for "tryouts" and he can't afford to subsidize his team for a tournament. #shameless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any ideas what's going on with the two teams at Express? Sounds like one team has 25 kids and the other only 15. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

try looking at the glass half full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I know is they had to change the A team up ..half the kids don't belong and so they were let go or were asked to play on the B team. Problem is parents still think their kids are A players and have too much pride and ego to stay there . Kids probably would but parents keep jumping from one team to the next just to call their kid an A kid . Sad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All I know is they had to change the A team up ..half the kids don't belong and so they were let go or were asked to play on the B team. Problem is parents still think their kids are A players and have too much pride and ego to stay there . Kids probably would but parents keep jumping from one team to the next just to call their kid an A kid . Sad

That is sad. But what's gong to be even sadder is a great group of kids end up getting screwed because they were told they made Express and now there's barely enough to field a team succcessfully.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm, all I know is both teams have had two solid practices and there was plenty of talent on both sides of the field. No changes on either roster. Overlook Express, that works for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm, all I know is both teams have had two solid practices and there was plenty of talent on both sides of the field. No changes on either roster. Overlook Express, that works for the boys.

English please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is sad. But what's gong to be even sadder is a great group of kids end up getting screwed because they were told they made Express and now there's barely enough to field a team succcessfully.

it didn't look that way at practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it didn't look that way at practice.

What practice were you watching? Because I saw 15 or maybe 16 kids (with no goalie) on one side of the field while the other 25 or more were getting a lot of attention from the senior coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

English please.

you can't read it? likely your son was cut ... move on now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The A team definitely did NOT have 25 kids practicing, 22 kids on the team FACT!! Are we now scouting 6th grade practices to have something to talk about on here?? GTFOH!
My son moved from another team and was fortunate enough to make the Express A, it was our first practice and it was great!
As for the other team having 15 kids, remember fool, its the fall, kids play multiple sports and arent available to make every practice. MY son is a duel sport athlete and whatever season we are in is the priority, so he misses some fall lax practice because football comes first! Maybe that's what you "saw" or "heard" practice guru!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The A team definitely did NOT have 25 kids practicing, 22 kids on the team FACT!! Are we now scouting 6th grade practices to have something to talk about on here?? GTFOH!
My son moved from another team and was fortunate enough to make the Express A, it was our first practice and it was great!
As for the other team having 15 kids, remember fool, its the fall, kids play multiple sports and arent available to make every practice. MY son is a duel sport athlete and whatever season we are in is the priority, so he misses some fall lax practice because football comes first! Maybe that's what you "saw" or "heard" practice guru!

What are you so angry about? And thanks for sharing that your son made the "A" team. That must make you feel better. There was no criticism of any players--quite the opposite--but we are all very happy for you.

Since no rosters have been distributed, I am not sure where you got your facts from on the numbers of players per team. And since I have "scouted" both practices, it's been the same attendance level both times.

By the way, it's "dual" sports, not "duel". Fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you so angry about? And thanks for sharing that your son made the "A" team. That must make you feel better. There was no criticism of any players--quite the opposite--but we are all very happy for you.

Since no rosters have been distributed, I am not sure where you got your facts from on the numbers of players per team. And since I have "scouted" both practices, it's been the same attendance level both times.

Sounding like another parent of kid who was cut from express A after the way they played last year.maybe your son should go to their practices and see if coach will take him. It happened last year when they were looking for the money to fill out the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TOUCHÉ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounding like another parent of kid who was cut from express A after the way they played last year.maybe your son should go to their practices and see if coach will take him. It happened last year when they were looking for the money to fill out the roster

you must be one of the NEW united parents. once again, good luck with these parents, United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about the B team yes. parents didn't want to be on B. that is their choice. it does look like the team will be much better than last year. the roster may look light but things shift as the season goes. happens every year in every club. don't be too discouraged. I do think parents are foolish to automatically discard B teams. the kids who actually made this team would have made it a very strong team. the problem, like you said, is the parents wouldn't settle for B so they moved on or wiggled their way back on A. It's very common. But watch and see who winds up back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about the B team yes. parents didn't want to be on B. that is their choice. it does look like the team will be much better than last year. the roster may look light but things shift as the season goes. happens every year in every club. don't be too discouraged. I do think parents are foolish to automatically discard B teams. the kids who actually made this team would have made it a very strong team. the problem, like you said, is the parents wouldn't settle for B so they moved on or wiggled their way back on A. It's very common. But watch and see who winds up back.

Appreciate the comment. Hoping for the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is really funny! All the smack you express people talked last fall and this past spring and summer and is the kind of turnover you got, priceless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is really funny! All the smack you express people talked last fall and this past spring and summer and is the kind of turnover you got, priceless.

the turnovers were warranted. got some nice talent this year. don't worry about us. thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the smack talkers are now at 91. and they won't be happy there either. especially if their kid is in Catholic school. big mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the turnovers were warranted. got some nice talent this year. don't worry about us. thanks.

Had to do what they did to get only A players on the team instead of just filling out the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sir / ma'am need to turnover and leave Team MC. You're player can stay. Go spew your rhetoric somewhere else. You are an embarrassment to this team. You speak for yourself, not on behalf of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sir / ma'am need to turnover and leave Team MC. You're player can stay. Go spew your rhetoric somewhere else. You are an embarrassment to this team. You speak for yourself, not on behalf of the team.

you sir madam must have been one of the ones that left. There isn't anyone on the team that isn't relieved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the embarrassment was them. Lets get some integrity back on these fields. And you have no say what my player does so don't pretend you do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, my family and son will have to endure this upcoming season with you, again. You are toxic, and integrity is not a quality that you possess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Great kids and with great families. I was very sad they left. That team last year had kids and families that really enjoyed each others company. Something to be said for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big mistake? We have players on Team MC that go to Catholic school. What is the problem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big mistake? We have players on Team MC that go to Catholic school. What is the problem?

Nothing like airing your dirty laundry from 5/6th grade lax. Gues that is the Catholic school way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will second that, we lost a handful of good families and kids from last year. I don't understand all this bashing. We should be looking forward to this upcoming season and having fun watching the boys play. Guaranteed, all the boys past and present on Express will get along just fine on the field unlike the few remaining disgruntled parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing like airing your dirty laundry from 5/6th grade lax. Gues that is the Catholic school way

Let's take a step back. Enough about the Catholic school thing. I think the thread on Express started about the B team (which, interestingly, Express management refused to acknowledge). The true gripe at this stage about Express is that there is a complete lack of transparency. It's astounding honestly. Talk about being duped. It's very disappointing financially and discouraging for my son who left a decent club for "Express" training. Wishing them well but really rethinking our decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be disappointed that you left your club for Express. It sounds like a disaster over there. I heard the coach isn't there half the time and parents don't know how to act. From an outside source reading all of this crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be disappointed that you left your club for Express. It sounds like a disaster over there. I heard the coach isn't there half the time and parents don't know how to act. From an outside source reading all of this crap.

It's amazing how much BS is thrown out there. The coaches have been at all practices, the kids are getting great training, and the teams are off to solid starts for 2015/2016.

Complaints are warranted, as we are all paying customers. But, to throw out innuendo and speculation is a waste of time.

Let the boys play, then we can comment on whether or not it was all worthwhile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of BS right there. My son did not make Team 1/Team MC this year because he is not one of the chosen ones. We have moved on. Why accept the B team when my son is just as good as other B players who did make the A team or players who did not have to show themselves at tryouts.
There are too many privileged parents on this team. Glad we didn't accept the invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lot of BS right there. My son did not make Team 1/Team MC this year because he is not one of the chosen ones. We have moved on. Why accept the B team when my son is just as good as other B players who did make the A team or players who did not have to show themselves at tryouts.
There are too many privileged parents on this team. Glad we didn't accept the invite.

Yeah, that goes both ways I guess. Your son didn't make it because he couldn't compete with the players that were ultimately selected for the A team. No shame in that. He's only in 6th grade. But don't be so bitter, just move on.

Page 9 of 76 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard