BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 90 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the exception of a couple kids, the Crush team isn't that big. They are going to be passed soon by other teams with bigger, faster, better athletes. Only the ones on Crush that the Coach cares about are going to get pub/success.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Truth is there's probobly only 1 serious recruit on Crush. They are a very well trained team that plays well together. No one outstanding except for that one kid I'm sure we all know who.

so they dominate all 2020 teams and most 2019 teams all because of one player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is entertaining . Spend the time you use here with your boy and watch the improvement. Guess money can't buy everything huh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not "dominate most 2019 teams". If they play any good 2019 teams this year, that will be a bad idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is a weak year . Didn't say the team didn't have very good even above average players , I said they have one top d1 recruit. Yes one. And yes a team can dominate games when one player can score 6 and is unstoppable.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is a weak year . Didn't say the team didn't have very good even above average players , I said they have one top d1 recruit. Yes one. And yes a team can dominate games when one player can score 6 and is unstoppable.

Time will tell and it will tell soon. Now get off work early today and have a catch with your son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy that new 2019 kid that just stepped down a year...
(re-classed).
that should be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't know what you are talking about in terms of the talent and athletes on Crush. They have one of the best athletes anywhere on their midfield and he is not small and does not face off... And I am not a crush dad...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy that new 2019 kid that just stepped down a year...
(re-classed).
that should be fun.

Yes, and he did so without even reclassing! wth??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't know what you are talking about in terms of the talent and athletes on Crush. They have one of the best athletes anywhere on their midfield and he is not small and does not face off... And I am not a crush dad...

Unfortunately he's not a standout anymore...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Crush lover or hater actually think it's great for 2020 class how they've helped raise the bar for our boys. But very odd how much info you have on a group personal feeling is they are fun to watch and play team lacrosse which is a nice thing to show kids that it can be done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. But most of that team is small and not particularly athletic. They will be bypassed by other teams. The Turtles did not see teams catch up with them until this past year. Why? Because in addition to have great skills and lax IQ, many of those kids are great athletes.

This Crush team is nowhere near that special.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. But most of that team is small and not particularly athletic. They will be bypassed by other teams. The Turtles did not see teams catch up with them until this past year. Why? Because in addition to have great skills and lax IQ, many of those kids are great athletes.

Somebody sounds real jealous, lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles also use their whole team, shorten the bench occasionally but for the most part they all play unselfish lacrosse. Comes from their Head Coach. Its why 20 or so of them have committed to D1 schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

people have been saying since 3rd grade Crush will be by passed next year, still waiting.....and waiting ...and waiting.........wait, no, still waiting.... hopefully this was written by a Jealous kid otherwise pathetic but have a feeling more like a jealous parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is there's probobly only 1 serious recruit on Crush. They are a very well trained team that plays well together. No one outstanding except for that one kid I'm sure we all know who.

A highly competitive, highly skilled team that plays very well together and dominates its competition will only yield 1 recruit? Seriously? Every college coach is trying to create a highly competitive, highly skilled team that plays very well together and dominates its competition. I say this as a Maryland resident.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing is certain these message boards are the only place people get the better of Crush. Otherwise not so much especially on LI. Having competed against these boys for many years it is a phenomenal group of athletes and lacrosse players. What is percieved as top 10 2020 rankings After Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles also use their whole team, shorten the bench occasionally but for the most part they all play unselfish lacrosse. Comes from their Head Coach. Its why 20 or so of them have committed to D1 schools.

More like 10-12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry , 12 D1 kids ain't to shabby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

people have been saying since 3rd grade Crush will be by passed next year, still waiting.....and waiting ...and waiting.........wait, no, still waiting.... hopefully this was written by a Jealous kid otherwise pathetic but have a feeling more like a jealous parent

they're the best, no doubt about it, but not deep and strange culture

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. They play everyone and share the ball. It is not about 5 guys.

Unlike some teams and coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry , 12 D1 kids ain't to shabby.

Agree, Crush will have more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are insane. I don't even live in LI, but from the MD area I'll tell you that the 2020 Crush team is special - getting a group of 13 year olds to play with that discipline (always in a zone D, always moving, always looking, unselfish, making the key passes in the right place at the right time, etc.) is near impossible, and finding a field full of kids who can do it is even harder. Give them credit where it is due - they lack size, but they are very skilled athletes. Which poster on here has a kid on a team that beat Crush this past year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a Crush admirer, but the zone surprised me when I watched it on ESPN. I know most college coaches don't want to watch that. Seemed to me like a way to rest your middies.

Anyway, I'm a 2021 coach and I can think of no teams to watch than 91 Extreme (3 years ago) and 91 Crush (past year) for their great passing skills and as examples of how good 13-year olds can play (maybe Turtles too). Just incredible. Particularly for a smallish team like mine, trying to learn that same kind of unselfish quick passing and excellent shooting is a great goal. They also appear to me to show the importance of indoor play, but I'm just guessing there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Crush is filled with the top players at every position. Their attack is outstanding! Their middies are just as good, their defense is incredible. You gotta be kidding me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but does not like to be hit. Going to take a beating this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the zone is a joke. Terrible for their development and not what recruiters want to see.

The coach's behavior at the ESPN tournament said volumes. Was more concerned with running up the score on national TV and showcasing a certain attackman than he was in playing guys whose families paid good money to fly to CO.

Classless. And please don't compare them to the Turtles. Turtles when they were U13 would have beaten Crush by at least 7 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it is time to move on. Hate crush, love crush, who cares?! Enjoy the season on whatever team your kid is on and stop focusing on just one team. There are plenty of other teams at this age and all this obsession with one team takes credit away from others. They are the top LI has right now. In a year or two, maybe not- but who cares? It's a game and it all just changed. This isn't about winning games. It's about being competitive in the top brackets so you can showcase what you have. Time to stop the stupid banter and start focusing on future possibilities for our kids. The best place to start- their academics- that'll make or break many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I help run my son's middle school program. Our high school coach requests that we not run zone because he feels it is bad for the development of our defensemen. Obviously everyone runs zone on man down but is the belief that running zone at lower levels is bad for the kids common? Zones seem to be very effective particularly if you have a good goalie and/or are outmatched athletically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the zone is a joke. Terrible for their development and not what recruiters want to see.

The coach's behavior at the ESPN tournament said volumes. Was more concerned with running up the score on national TV and showcasing a certain attackman than he was in playing guys whose families paid good money to fly to CO.

Classless. And please don't compare them to the Turtles. Turtles when they were U13 would have beaten Crush by at least 7 goals.

Haha, not a chance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they're the best, no doubt about it, but not deep and strange culture

What is their strange culture??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. I have an older son too , where I've seen the Turtles play and IMHO Turtles would win that game easily. I also have a 2020 and agree it is a weak year .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. I have an older son too , where I've seen the Turtles play and IMHO Turtles would win that game easily. I also have a 2020 and agree it is a weak year .

That is a rediculus thing to say. I have an older son as well and have watched the Turtles plenty. They were very small at this age, smaller than Crush. Many of those boys are still small 5'6" and have been recruited to schools such as Cornell. Both teams have some real stand out players but Crush I believe may have the edge . Turtles did not havery as strong a record of quality wins. It is a silly thing to try to predict who would win. We can agree both teams are special.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question: Are 8th graders ever invited to College prospect days? If so, is there a process for requesting consideration for an invitation?

Thanks,
2020 Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a rediculus thing to say. I have an older son as well and have watched the Turtles plenty. They were very small at this age, smaller than Crush. Many of those boys are still small 5'6" and have been recruited to schools such as Cornell. Both teams have some real stand out players but Crush I believe may have the edge . Turtles did not havery as strong a record of quality wins. It is a silly thing to try to predict who would win. We can agree both teams are special.

You are an idiot. Turtles overall were much bigger, more skilled, more athletic and definitely had greater depth. They would beat Crush in a rout at the same age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question: Are 8th graders ever invited to College prospect days? If so, is there a process for requesting consideration for an invitation?

Thanks,
2020 Dad

I don't think so - they are normally reserved for rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. I don't know of any that allow 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot. Turtles overall were much bigger, more skilled, more athletic and definitely had greater depth. They would beat Crush in a rout at the same age.

Bahaaaaaaaaa...Not quite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a scorned parent with a chip on his shoulder. Bottom line is, regardless of what you think or say, those boys will be recruited and receive offers - guaranteed. There is no question whatsoever that some of them will begin getting offers this year - if you believe otherwise, you have your head in the sand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're arguing who "would have" beaten who, and it will never happen or be able to be proven. Who's the real idiot?

Page 14 of 90 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard