BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whats with Revolution having more tryouts? Did they not fill their rosters?

No different then any other organization. It's a money grab in that the more kids they get the more teams they can form. They can have a triple elite , double elite , single elite and a B team. Pathetic I know. Maybe they will get their uniforms by the third tournament this year or at least get uniforms . Last years were newspapers

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No different then any other organization. It's a money grab in that the more kids they get the more teams they can form. They can have a triple elite , double elite , single elite and a B team. Pathetic I know. Maybe they will get their uniforms by the third tournament this year or at least get uniforms . Last years were newspapers

The number of 2019 kids switching teams this year is crazy...actually the parents are crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right and kids who wanted to stay with their teams were cut for not necessarily skill but because of size. At this age size matters. But it will all even out in a couple of years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right and kids who wanted to stay with their teams were cut for not necessarily skill but because of size. At this age size matters. But it will all even out in a couple of years.

Just hard to compete without having size and playing with some of these big teams. That is why they have the B teams where a kid can still excel but not be handicapped in games due to size . It will most likely even out but not yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't kid yourself, it wasn't due to size, it was due to skill. better kids come to tryouts every year and take spots from other kids.

I believe that is what travel lacrosse is all about, picking the most talented players. plenty of smaller kids playing on top teams. just admit it that you are not happy that your son didn't make a team and you are blaming it on size.
have realistic expectations for your son and you will not have to bad mouth several programs that passed on your kid

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number of 2019 kids switching teams this year is crazy...actually the parents are crazy! [/quote]

why are the parents or players crazy? Explain, every story has more than two sides, here are some good reasons to leave a team.

Team folded.

When a majority of a team leaves, you'd be crazy to stay.

Move to a better team to get challenged. You always want to be challenged even if D1 isn't in the cards. You never want to be the best at your position. Never get complacent. (Crazy parent maybe - but true)

A coach or friend of the program son plays the same position as you. (except at middie)

You didn't get playing time the year prior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. But I hate when the say their organization is different, we are about the kids, we want to keep them together, we are family etc etc. call it what it is tell the truth and I will gave more respect for you. I just wNt my kid to play and have fun and of course have the opportunity to improve and learn good sportsmanship.

Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skill is skill people. If a kid has the drive and puts the time he will be better than the others. Regardless of size skill will always prevail. Then when you pair skill with size that's a scary combination. My son was always average in height and worked his [lacrosse] off to compete. Now he's hit puberty and has grown 5 to 6 inches in the last year and now can use his size with his drive. Kids can be trained but you cant teach height or speed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. But I hate when the say their organization is different, we are about the kids, we want to keep them together, we are family etc etc. call it what it is tell the truth and I will gave more respect for you. I just wNt my kid to play and have fun and of course have the opportunity to improve and learn good sportsmanship.

Maybe your respect isn't what they are really looking for. Maybe you put yourself in the situation you are in. Don't blame others for your actions.

Travel is not a town program where all your sons friends can play together regardless of their skill. You did say you want your son to have fun and learn good sportsmanship, that sounds like a town team to me. There is not one travel team out there that can stay afloat if they keep the same kids every year. I am sure the program had the best intentions and then realized that they can be more competitive with more skilled players.

The real problem is if you keep average kids then the best kids will want to play on a more competitive team and that is when nobody takes your program serious. It sucks but some kids stop developing skill wise and others continue to get better.

Just because you were on a team doesn't mean he has that spot for life. I find it ironic that nobody ever comes on here and complains that their team let other kids go, its always about their son who was let go. My company hired a new guy because he was able to produce more than the person he replaced, That is how companies become more successful and that is the lay of the land when it comes to travel lacrosse especially at this age.

College coaches are not looking at teams that kept their kids together for years, they are looking for the teams with good players who can take their game to the next level. Not every kid is ready for that at this moment. Keep your son working hard and hopefully he will get his opportunity to shine.

As a side note, please go get your sons English book and learn how to spell and use grammar correctly. you are so quick to judge others that sometimes you overlook judging yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not judging anyone or any team just think that if you join a team because of what you are told and that does not happen then I think you falsely represented yourself. I never realized it was so cut throat but I am learning that it is. No one is complaining just discussing. It is people like you that bash other people and bring stupid things like grammar ( did not know this was school) and other things into the conversation that ruin it for everyone else just trying to get information and understand the lay of the land. Don't know what is going on in your life for you to behave like that but these boards are not the place to take out your anger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Professor, it is "your son's English book" ... those who live in glass houses...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you guys talking about? I'm going to guess revolution. The guy who runs that organization is weird. To all of you that are on revo you'll get to hear what a great job he is doing right from his mouth. He talks a good talk and tells everyone , I do a great job. Just another guy who is looking to make more money. I'm sure he has about three or four teams at the 2019 age, plus two or three at the 2020 age. The kids that made that organization were the old true blue kids I believe. They put them on the map. It's true about the uniforms last year. I hope he does a better job this year cause they looked like pajamas. The problem with the guy who runs the organization is that he has no people skills. It's true they tell you one thing and do something else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you guys talking about? I'm going to guess revolution. The guy who runs that organization is weird. To all of you that are on revo you'll get to hear what a great job he is doing right from his mouth. He talks a good talk and tells everyone , I do a great job. Just another guy who is looking to make more money. I'm sure he has about three or four teams at the 2019 age, plus two or three at the 2020 age. The kids that made that organization were the old true blue kids I believe. They put them on the map. It's true about the uniforms last year. I hope he does a better job this year cause they looked like pajamas. The problem with the guy who runs the organization is that he has no people skills. It's true they tell you one thing and do something else.

RIF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skill is skill people. If a kid has the drive and puts the time he will be better than the others. Regardless of size skill will always prevail. Then when you pair skill with size that's a scary combination. My son was always average in height and worked his [lacrosse] off to compete. Now he's hit puberty and has grown 5 to 6 inches in the last year and now can use his size with his drive. Kids can be trained but you cant teach height or speed.

Sergio Perkovic is a football player, but because of his size and athleticism, he dominates. Its certainly not just about skill. In fact, college programs will take "big athlete" over "highly skilled" in almost every instance. You can train an athlete and develop skills--you can not teach size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sergio Perkovic is a football player, but because of his size and athleticism, he dominates. Its certainly not just about skill. In fact, college programs will take "big athlete" over "highly skilled" in almost every instance. You can train an athlete and develop skills--you can not teach size.

Kavanaugh is a more productive player at half his size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have opinions on the value of the Nike Blue Chip event in Charlotte during Nov.? Appreciate it.
Anyone have opinions on the value of the Nike Blue Chip event in Charlotte during Nov.? Appreciate it.

Don't do it. Very few coaches as most were at Philly Freshman.

Philly is supposed to have a lot of coaches coming this year. I guess it will be wait and see but hope to see coaches from all divisions for all boys who want to play college ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many a "family member" tried out for other programs and would have left if given the chance, didn't make their team so why is it such a shock that family member didn't make original team? The toughest situation is for the guy who didn't have the opportunity to try out somewhere else because they thought their kid was a lock. I've seen good players cut because teams were looking for a specific need. You can't win championships with a team full of Kobe Bryants, players need to compliment each other.
Not judging anyone or any team just think that if you join a team because of what you are told and that does not happen then I think you falsely represented yourself. I never realized it was so cut throat but I am learning that it is. No one is complaining just discussing. It is people like you that bash other people and bring stupid things like grammar ( did not know this was school) and other things into the conversation that ruin it for everyone else just trying to get information and understand the lay of the land. Don't know what is going on in your life for you to behave like that but these boards are not the place to take out your anger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many a "family member" tried out for other programs and would have left if given the chance, didn't make their team so why is it such a shock that family member didn't make original team? The toughest situation is for the guy who didn't have the opportunity to try out somewhere else because they thought their kid was a lock. I've seen good players cut because teams were looking for a specific need. You can't win championships with a team full of Kobe Bryants, players need to compliment each other.

Certainly right about teams "Looking for specific needs." One teams "Need" seems to be players with wealthy parents.
Too bad about the better, more skilled players that don't make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is that?

Certainly right about teams "Looking for specific needs." One teams "Need" seems to be players with wealthy parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Philly is supposed to have a lot of coaches coming this year. I guess it will be wait and see but hope to see coaches from all divisions for all boys who want to play college ball

I've been to the Philly Showcase last few years, it is swarmed by college coaches. My oldest son was noticed there. But I wonder if big schools send staff to both venues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head coaches go to philly freshman. So who goes to the fall classic on Long Island the same weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head coaches go to philly freshman. So who goes to the fall classic on Long Island the same weekend?

Assistant coaches and many programs have respected reps at most events that report back to coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches and their staffs will be spread thin that weekend:

Jake Reed in Charlotte
Madlax East Coast Fall Showcase at Landon School in DC
Warrior Diamond Showcase at St. Paul's School in Baltimore
Philly Showcase

That is a lot of ground to cover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been to the Philly Showcase last few years, it is swarmed by college coaches. My oldest son was noticed there. But I wonder if big schools send staff to both venues?

Who are you kidding with the last few years thing? according to their website this will be the 3rd year. "In 2014 only our second year the Freshman Showcase weekend had 54 college coaches attend." Seems to me you're trying to promote something for some reason, does your program have a club attending? Are you trying to convince all the other parents out there that this is a must tournament and since you have a team in it you are a must play for program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess the EXPRESS?

Which team is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that the smell of sour grapes> Sounds like someone needs some counseling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are you kidding with the last few years thing? according to their website this will be the 3rd year. "In 2014 only our second year the Freshman Showcase weekend had 54 college coaches attend." Seems to me you're trying to promote something for some reason, does your program have a club attending? Are you trying to convince all the other parents out there that this is a must tournament and since you have a team in it you are a must play for program?

aren't all these showcases just money grabs, its tough to get looked at by 50 coaches when your son can get into only a 3rd of the schools and wants to attend maybe a handful of them. I am following the lead of a friend who did a lot of research and found out what colleges his son could get into and also programs where he has the skill to play. He did the prospect weekends and made sure he contacted the schools prior and sent their Childs credentials and videos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax, no conspiracy to smoke out. There are two Philly showcases in November, which are you referencing? Perhaps I opined on the wrong showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax, no conspiracy to smoke out. There are two Philly showcases in November, which are you referencing? Perhaps I opined on the wrong showcase.

The Philly Fall Showcase will get a better coach turnout than Nike Blue Chip for sure. Larger schools send coaches/assistant coaches to both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Philly Showcase has been around for longer than 2 or 3 years, you are incorrect and need to check your facts. How do I know? Our club has attended the last 3. I agree with prior posters, this is the top showcase for the Fall. My son was not a top D1 player but did eventually accept an offer from a very good school and program. No complaints.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone on Bluefish? So far so good. Great communication and fall practices and tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone on Bluefish? So far so good. Great communication and fall practices and tournaments.

What tournaments are they in this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question on Philly Freshman individual Showcase. We submited application and coaches nomination inack at end of July. Didn't hear anything, emailed the nxt contact and just the other day he came back that he was wait listed. Anyone know what the selection process is? Was July really to late?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's usually great in the beginning...give it time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question on Philly Freshman individual Showcase. We submited application and coaches nomination inack at end of July. Didn't hear anything, emailed the nxt contact and just the other day he came back that he was wait listed. Anyone know what the selection process is? Was July really to late?

I'm not really clear on the process but I do know that my son received his invite in early September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, when did you put in the application and coaches nomination?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the invitation only process work for Maverik Showtime- specifically fir 2019's?

Who really gets the invites?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the invitation only process work for Maverik Showtime- specifically fir 2019's?

It works the same for all grades. Coach, both HS and club of prominent programs receive between 2-5 invitations. They distribute as they see fit. Many invitations will not wind up in the hands of the most deserving kids, but rather the politically connected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about LI Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It works the same for all grades. Coach, both HS and club of prominent programs receive between 2-5 invitations. They distribute as they see fit. Many invitations will not wind up in the hands of the most deserving kids, but rather the politically connected.

Maybe in HS, but on club it's the best players. Also possible to petition Showtime with solid recommendation. My son got in that way last year. Got invite this via club.

Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard