BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(2016) 91 Express won Lehighlaxfest on 6/16 6-5 over a town team from Rochester, NY.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oops.. sorry not from LI.. this was team91 (not Express) that won (7-8) Lehigh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldnt say every "big time team" was there. Crabs had over 80 goals for the first four games and gave up maybe 6. Nothing there until vs Chargers in their Sunday am game which was a good game won by Crabs. In the "Championship" Crabs defeated Jersey Edge by 6 goals or so. Need more mid atlantic teams for these boys to play aginst which they will see at the GT tournament in Balt. next weekend. Express Orange would have been good to see there. So far these two have played very close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me how team 91 orange 2016 plays in a seventh and eight grade division and brag about it time to step up to the plate and play some real teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone ever had a club tryout team that did not have set lines or even starting lines. Coach randomly mixes the lines on attack and midfield. It seems to me that there is no chemistry. They are a good team that gets to the semis but do not seem to win the big game. He waits until we are either down or tied to put the best players, usually to late to play catch up. Any theories on this style of coaching, it drives me crazy!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone ever had a club tryout team that did not have set lines or even starting lines. Coach randomly mixes the lines on attack and midfield. It seems to me that there is no chemistry. They are a good team that gets to the semis but do not seem to win the big game. He waits until we are either down or tied to put the best players, usually to late to play catch up. Any theories on this style of coaching, it drives me crazy!

I've seen this firsthand and I think every club team should think about doing it. Like every parent, I think my kid should be starting and he does on his school team. However, his club coach, who is very well known and highly regarded, has a philosophy of treating every kid as equally as possible. So, he does what you are talking about - has kids by position call out numbers and thats how the lines go out - 1-3, 4-6 etc. And, it does not start fresh every game so wherever we left off in one game is how we start in the next. There is also no specialized man-up or man-down team - whoever is out there at the time of the penalty is who you go with. Every club is "pay to play" and the idea is not to win every game but give equal playing time to every kid who all paid the same amount of money. It keeps the peace among the parents and usally works out to all players seeing about the same amount of field time over the course of a tournament. The club concept is to deveop every kid as equally as possible - not bury some on the bench when the going gets tough - save that for the school teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please tell me how team 91 orange 2016 plays in a seventh and eight grade division and brag about it time to step up to the plate and play some real teams

I was at Lehigh this weekend and it seemed that most of the 7th/8th grade "A" bracket was teams from the 8th grade with the exception of the turtles. The other 7th grade "A" teams were in the "B" bracket. I do know that 91's tournament schedule has been set for several months now and posted on their website. I have read here that the express orange team is rearranging their summer schedules because of the competition level not being up to their liking. Some of these are tournaments that 91 is scheduled to be at. If they wanted to play 91, they had several oppurtunities to do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the real teams in 2016? and will any of them be @ Hofstra Blue and Gold Classic next month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Team 91 2016 Orange tam play the Turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Team 91 2016 Orange tam play the Turtles?

No Turtles were upset by Victor lacrosse. Joe D was just upset

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no.. only way Tenacious ones could of played 91 orange is if they made it to the finals, and they lost in the Semi's..Who is better than 91 Orange that is going to Blue and Gold Classic next month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no I haven't but I sure wish my kids played for a coach like this, sounds like fun and that winning isn't the most important thing, also seems like everybody paying the same all get a chance to start -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs is by far the dominant U15 (2016) out there. My sons PA team thankfully did not play them at UDEL this past weekend and they just tore through everyone calmly w/ little effort. A team from jersey, I belive the Patriots had a few players who proceeded to get the Crabs riled up by their antics therefore had their noses rubbed in the dirt 20-2. One player had 3 tech fouls ( the third for 3 min un releasable) and the Patriot coach allowed the player to come back in though he cost his team 5 goals. Shameful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where r the crabs from? do you know if they are coming to the WARRIOR Long Island Lacrosse Classic in July?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs is by far the dominant U15 (2016) out there. My sons PA team thankfully did not play them at UDEL this past weekend and they just tore through everyone calmly w/ little effort. A team from jersey, I belive the Patriots had a few players who proceeded to get the Crabs riled up by their antics therefore had their noses rubbed in the dirt 20-2. One player had 3 tech fouls ( the third for 3 min un releasable) and the Patriot coach allowed the player to come back in though he cost his team 5 goals. Shameful!

How is U15 "2016"?? wth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are a maryland team therefore I doubt very much they will play on Long Island. Their U15 team would have to be U15 not they way they do the math in Md, where U15 means a High school sophmore or 17 years old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go again. WAAAAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS graduation yr. Are you going to cry that the U15 Crabs are too old? Not the case, most are 98 birth yr with a few who are 97 after July 31st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd 2021 u9
4th 2020
5th 2019 u11
6th 2018
7th 2017 u13
8th 2016
9th 2015 u15
JV
Var

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??. 2015 is 2015. Those kids are in HS as freshman and can not play on U15 teams this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. The Crabs squeaked out a 2 goal win vs CT Chargers. The Crabs also lost to Club Blue earlier this spring. They are an excellent team, but not unbeatable.

Most of the teams at the MVP Blue tournament were dreadful. There were two U15 tournaments held that weekend, and only a handful of teams were really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youre right the CT game was a good one. Teams evenly matched. Aside from LI Orange, CT, Club Blue, West Coast Starz, who else can play with them? Im sure some of their neihbors here in Balt can (Looneys, GT). This weekend in Balt will be a test

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the young gun tournament should be a test for all it will be fun to see good lacrosse win or lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aside from LI Orange, CT, Club Blue, West Coast Starz, who else can play with them?

Several.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are very few teams that would play with the crabs at 2016 age. 91 should jump into either crabfest young guns or 3d fl$ tournament. See what it is like to play some real teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are very few teams that would play with the crabs at 2016 age. 91 should jump into either crabfest young guns or 3d fl$ tournament. See what it is like to play some real teams

Could not agree more!! Just enter 1..1 strong tournament and see how you stack up when you have to play multiple games against other strong teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not agree more!! Just enter 1..1 strong tournament and see how you stack up when you have to play multiple games against other strong teams

LOL. Must be express parents. And who was your competition the last two weekends?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??. 2015 is 2015. Those kids are in HS as freshman and can not play on U15 teams this summer

Unless they're from MD. Then they will drive themselves to the u-15 games....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest. Do the U15 Crabs often have kids who have repeated 8th? Yes - some of these kids would normally be 2015 kids.

But saying that everyone in MD is a year older is beyond an exaggeration. Get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Must be express parents. And who was your competition the last two weekends?
Express played outlaw tournament 2016 won it then Sunday won the jv division beat laxachussets and two others this Saturday beat a good 10th grade Texas team Sunday playing in crabfest and flag 3d later on not going to mad lax to play long island teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last two weekends competition included JV team from Dallas, playing up and winning JV division of Forsberg, Laxachussettes 2016 and CT Chargers 2016. Not a bad warm up for the Young Gun's and 3D tourneys coming up in Maryland where they will compete against Crabs, Canadien Edge, Green, Roadhawks, West Coast All-Stars and NXT to name a few...Not too shabby. Who's Team 91 playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Express Orange 2016 have 97 birthdays or have repeated a grade and have previously played 2015 and really should be 2015? Playing the MD "repeat" game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last two weekends competition included JV team from Dallas, playing up and winning JV division of Forsberg, Laxachussettes 2016 and CT Chargers 2016. Not a bad warm up for the Young Gun's and 3D tourneys coming up in Maryland where they will compete against Crabs, Canadien Edge, Green, Roadhawks, West Coast All-Stars and NXT to name a few...Not too shabby. Who's Team 91 playing?

Boy, you express parents sure have it bad for 91. Maybe you should have stayed with your original schedule instead of shifting things around hoping no one would notice. Oh thats right, not enough competition for you with the original tournaments. Good for you. BTW, true champions let their play talk for them instead of doing it anonymously through a computer keyboard. The only thing your doing is making your team and the express organization look bad. Looks like 91 contingent has left the site to concentrate on their season to leave you with whatever you're trying to prove. While it is at times entertaining, you're taking away from the rest of us who want to come on here and really discuss what's going on at this grade. Hope your season is everything you need it to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Express Orange 2016 have 97 birthdays or have repeated a grade and have previously played 2015 and really should be 2015? Playing the MD "repeat" game.

Without the 97 bdays and repeaters, Express Orange would be very ordinary. Not surprisingly all of their key players fall into one or both of those categories. If you can't beat the MD programs at their own game, join them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without the 97 bdays and repeaters, Express Orange would be very ordinary. Not surprisingly all of their key players fall into one or both of those categories. If you can't beat the MD programs at their own game, join them.

Heard a rumor they swapped out a few players already this year. Is this true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest. Do the U15 Crabs often have kids who have repeated 8th? Yes - some of these kids would normally be 2015 kids.

But saying that everyone in MD is a year older is beyond an exaggeration. Get over yourself.

Now your admitting it, wow! "crabs often have kids that repeated 8th grade" if that's not playing DOWN, what is? In any legit tournament the rules state that if you have kids that are over the age cut off, they must play in the next bracket UP... Hence your team should be playing U-16 or U17 depending on the event. Here in LI that means 2015, 2014 or 2013 bracket. Only problem for you guys is the other teams will be the same age. No more advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, you express parents sure have it bad for 91. Maybe you should have stayed with your original schedule instead of shifting things around hoping no one would notice. Oh thats right, not enough competition for you with the original tournaments. Good for you. BTW, true champions let their play talk for them instead of doing it anonymously through a computer keyboard. The only thing your doing is making your team and the express organization look bad. Looks like 91 contingent has left the site to concentrate on their season to leave you with whatever you're trying to prove. While it is at times entertaining, you're taking away from the rest of us who want to come on here and really discuss what's going on at this grade. Hope your season is everything you need it to be.
Express wins big the complaint is they they are in the wrong tournament so they have moved to different tournaments for better competition not to have lopsided games so far laxachussets leading edge titans crabs outlaws turtlles a Texas team all found mike Cs number but 91 can't find it you see where they are going here is your invitation to come and play 91 wants pictures on their web site express wants to play the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express wins big the complaint is they they are in the wrong tournament so they have moved to different tournaments for better competition not to have lopsided games so far laxachussets leading edge titans crabs outlaws turtlles a Texas team all found mike Cs number but 91 can't find it you see where they are going here is your invitation to come and play 91 wants pictures on their web site express wants to play the best

Then good for the express if you feel that is what's best for the boys. The point is that the express is making a big deal out of not playing 91 when they were set to play in two tournaments this year and the express decided to go else where. Cite whatever reason you would like for that decision. If express wanted play 91 so bad, they would of stayed in one of those tournaments. BTW, I know the 91 team has played the outlaws and was set to play the turltles last weekend until they lost and dropped into the losers bracket. I'm sure the two teams will play more common opponents as the season goes along. Then you and the 91 parents came come on here to list the teams and scores to compare against each other. BTW, some punctuation would be helpful the next time you post. That was one tough read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you have an axe to grind. The post is simply answering a question posed by a pervious poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then good for the express if you feel that is what's best for the boys. The point is that the express is making a big deal out of not playing 91 when they were set to play in two tournaments this year and the express decided to go else where. Cite whatever reason you would like for that decision. If express wanted play 91 so bad, they would of stayed in one of those tournaments. BTW, I know the 91 team has played the outlaws and was set to play the turltles last weekend until they lost and dropped into the losers bracket. I'm sure the two teams will play more common opponents as the season goes along. Then you and the 91 parents came come on here to list the teams and scores to compare against each other. BTW, some punctuation would be helpful the next time you post. That was one tough read.
Express went to mad lax last year the only team that scored a goal on them is not there they are in the patriot games they won the other games by 17 or more 91 trying to follow in the expresses foot steps . Back out and follow them . Let's see how you do playing quality teams. For the express it is not about 1 team it's about the challenge

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard