BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 90 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Remember what happened in Denver? Who beat your team by 12 goals on National TV?

you got lucky, pure luck!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U13: Born between 6/1/2001 and 9/30/2003 this is what edge 2020 used to determine their team which qualified for Dicks and were invited to the World Series of lacrosse. How can they accused of breaking rules that were given to them. So if our team looks older at Sweetlax and the NYPLL Autumn Classic remember this thread.

Well, if you are anything like the crabs, you have two versions of the team. One is used when age is restricted, the other is a free for all. I think Long Island is one of the few places where ethics are still important to most. That is why it is particularly upsetting to see some coaches taking the easy way out an reclassing their own kids! Too bad it won't help. Karma

Rules is rules! Can't cry about the "loosened" age bracket when everyone is subject to the same restriction - no one received any special treatment over anyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U13: Born between 6/1/2001 and 9/30/2003 this is what edge 2020 used to determine their team which qualified for Dicks and were invited to the World Series of lacrosse. How can they accused of breaking rules that were given to them. So if our team looks older at Sweetlax and the NYPLL Autumn Classic remember this thread.

Well, if you are anything like the crabs, you have two versions of the team. One is used when age is restricted, the other is a free for all. I think Long Island is one of the few places where ethics are still important to most. That is why it is particularly upsetting to see some coaches taking the easy way out an reclassing their own kids! Too bad it won't help. Karma

Rules is rules! Can't cry about the "loosened" age bracket when everyone is subject to the same restriction - no one received any special treatment over anyone else.

plus these are grade based tournaments, not U brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whose going to Florida for [lacrosse]'s this year? FCA 2020 will be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the cheating (because you are not good enough to compete at your own aga) bracket?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Long Island is one of the few places where ethics are still important to most.

that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are

User
User
I think Long Island is one of the few places where ethics are still important to most.

that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are

I would agree that an ethics class may be in order here for some club directors and coaches.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Crush got some size. About time

Is it true that more than a few Crush boys moved down to Orange? Heard 4.
Due to size or playing time. I doubt skill, any boy on that team had good skills.
And a few left, that's big for a team that was virtually unchanged for a few years.

That would mean Orange is going to be much improved. With the demise of Viper, probably means fl$, Orange, Express 2 and Igloo will be fighting for that 4th spot behind Crush, Terps and Legacy

With the big turnover at Crush, can anyone honestly say they are still number 1 - up to a third of the team changed. New clubs are in the mix. I don think it's safe to anoint any team a ranking just yet. At this stage its all speculation.

Crush still number 1 on Long Island/Westchester and probably nationally by a 10+ goal margin. By position they arguably have some of the best players in the country. My one son is a 2020 and I have 2 older sons playing at mid major D1 schools, since I have watched the sport I have never watched a more skilled and talented lefty attackman, the kid is special at the age, and the Crush midfield is always lights out . My understanding is they also added a few top kids, and the defense is much improved . I'm not necessarily a fan of the way they play the game, a little flashy for my taste, but in my opinion they will continue at number 1 by a wide margin, and their overall skill and talent will allow them to stay on top, with other teams slightly closing the gap in the next couple of years .

Completely agree - like them or not, you cannot argue with the level of play and talent on that team has on the field. I'm sure that the turnover was not the starting line, and they will only continue to get better. As someone mentioned previously, the only thing they were lacking was significant size.

How did they add two 2019s? Did these kids hold back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the cheating (because you are not good enough to compete at your own aga) bracket?

Call them what you want - bottom line is, the teams didn't set the tourney rules. There is no argument you can come up to refute that, so please don't bother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call them what you want - bottom line is, the teams didn't set the tourney rules. There is no argument you can come up to refute that, so please don't bother.

are you sure the teams didnt have ANYTHING to do with the dates. Just like US lacrosse wont define levels by DOB because some within US lacrosse MAY have family or friends which benefits its loose interpretation..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that Crush got some size. About time

Is it true that more than a few Crush boys moved down to Orange? Heard 4.
Due to size or playing time. I doubt skill, any boy on that team had good skills.
And a few left, that's big for a team that was virtually unchanged for a few years.

That would mean Orange is going to be much improved. With the demise of Viper, probably means fl$, Orange, Express 2 and Igloo will be fighting for that 4th spot behind Crush, Terps and Legacy

With the big turnover at Crush, can anyone honestly say they are still number 1 - up to a third of the team changed. New clubs are in the mix. I don think it's safe to anoint any team a ranking just yet. At this stage its all speculation.

Crush still number 1 on Long Island/Westchester and probably nationally by a 10+ goal margin. By position they arguably have some of the best players in the country. My one son is a 2020 and I have 2 older sons playing at mid major D1 schools, since I have watched the sport I have never watched a more skilled and talented lefty attackman, the kid is special at the age, and the Crush midfield is always lights out . My understanding is they also added a few top kids, and the defense is much improved . I'm not necessarily a fan of the way they play the game, a little flashy for my taste, but in my opinion they will continue at number 1 by a wide margin, and their overall skill and talent will allow them to stay on top, with other teams slightly closing the gap in the next couple of years .

Completely agree - like them or not, you cannot argue with the level of play and talent on that team has on the field. I'm sure that the turnover was not the starting line, and they will only continue to get better. As someone mentioned previously, the only thing they were lacking was significant size.

There is one other thing they lack.....class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, if you are anything like the crabs, you have two versions of the team. One is used when age is restricted, the other is a free for all. I think Long Island is one of the few places where ethics are still important to most. That is why it is particularly upsetting to see some coaches taking the easy way out an reclassing their own kids! Too bad it won't help. Karma[/quote]

Rules is rules! Can't cry about the "loosened" age bracket when everyone is subject to the same restriction - no one received any special treatment over anyone else. [/quote]

plus these are grade based tournaments, not U brackets [/quote]

You mean the cheating (because you are not good enough to compete at your own aga) bracket? [/quote]

Call them what you want - bottom line is, the teams didn't set the tourney rules. There is no argument you can come up to refute that, so please don't bother. [/quote]

are you sure the teams didnt have ANYTHING to do with the dates. Just like US lacrosse wont define levels by DOB because some within US lacrosse MAY have family or friends which benefits its loose interpretation..[/quote]

Everything is subject to influence, I suppose - that's in every aspect of life, can't avoid it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is one other thing they lack.....class [/quote]

And what you lack is Balls. The kids work harder and longer and earn their wins. Then you come on here and say that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what you lack is Balls. The kids work harder and longer and earn their wins. Then you come on here and say that. You should be ashamed of yourself. [/quote]

Really? Longer and hatder? That is the most rediculus thing I have heard yet! The only ones lacking balls are the ones playing down cause they are not good enough to play in their own age group. So sad their parents didn't believe in them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think [lacrosse]'s is a wast of time and money. Not worth the time or money. My opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what you lack is Balls. The kids work harder and longer and earn their wins. Then you come on here and say that. You should be ashamed of yourself.[/quote]

No one said they didn't earn their wins. Some people look at a 30-0 win as a tribute to talent and hard work. Others look at a 30-0 win where starters were in most of the game as a classless, unsportsmanlike travesty that should never happen in youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what you lack is Balls. The kids work harder and longer and earn their wins. Then you come on here and say that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No one said they didn't earn their wins. Some people look at a 30-0 win as a tribute to talent and hard work. Others look at a 30-0 win where starters were in most of the game as a classless, unsportsmanlike travesty that should never happen in youth sports.

From what I've heard, it could have been 50-0, who are you to decide. They play clean and with great skill. You should let your son watch to see what he can also achieve.

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I've heard, it could have been 50-0, who are you to decide. They play clean and with great skill. You should let your son watch to see what he can also achieve.

[/quote]

Any win will never mean much when you do it by cheating. Play fair and earn respect the right way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Longer and hatder? That is the most rediculus thing I have heard yet! The only ones lacking balls are the ones playing down cause they are not good enough to play in their own age group. So sad their parents didn't believe in them![/quote] Play your team then. Stop this [lacrosse] with playing 5 mids and 3 attack and 4 poles when the scores are double digits early. Let the other kids play. All ego on the coaches part. I coach and my kid will pull himself out early and ask coaches to put in other kids. Tells me to let the 7,8,9 mids play attack. Thats class. Its not the MLL. Knock it off. You can shorten the bench in tight games but cmon Crush. Don't ever [lacrosse] about Crabs, ever. Your antics are just as bad. Our team tells other teams to bring older kids in to make games more competitive. And you play a flipping zone, not some of the time, ALL the time. Zone since they were 10 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any win will never mean much when you do it by cheating. Play fair and earn respect the right way! [/quote]

Now you are just making stuff up. Too funny. Try again in a few days. But in the meantime write "I will not make stuff up about kids" 100 times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Longer and hatder? That is the most rediculus thing I have heard yet! The only ones lacking balls are the ones playing down cause they are not good enough to play in their own age group. So sad their parents didn't believe in them!
Play your team then. Stop this [lacrosse] with playing 5 mids and 3 attack and 4 poles when the scores are double digits early. Let the other kids play. All ego on the coaches part. I coach and my kid will pull himself out early and ask coaches to put in other kids. Tells me to let the 7,8,9 mids play attack. Thats class. Its not the MLL. Knock it off. You can shorten the bench in tight games but cmon Crush. Don't ever [lacrosse] about Crabs, ever. Your antics are just as bad. Our team tells other teams to bring older kids in to make games more competitive. And you play a flipping zone, not some of the time, ALL the time. Zone since they were 10 years old. [/quote]

Mother Theresa of the lax.... You and your kids and staff should have been front and center with the Pope! I hear Francis plays Middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play your team then. Stop this [lacrosse] with playing 5 mids and 3 attack and 4 poles when the scores are double digits early. Let the other kids play. All ego on the coaches part. I coach and my kid will pull himself out early and ask coaches to put in other kids. Tells me to let the 7,8,9 mids play attack. Thats class. Its not the MLL. Knock it off. You can shorten the bench in tight games but cmon Crush. Don't ever [lacrosse] about Crabs, ever. Your antics are just as bad. Our team tells other teams to bring older kids in to make games more competitive. And you play a flipping zone, not some of the time, ALL the time. Zone since they were 10 years old.

Mother Theresa of the lax.... You and your kids and staff should have been front and center with the Pope! I hear Francis plays Middie. [/quote]

All this banter means nothing. Crabs 16 year old 2020 players will eat up all of Long Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is the case, you should prepared your boys for it. If your boys can't comprehend, then are your boys really ready to play at that level? I'm not a crush parent;however, if you prepare properly you should be able to handle. Or maybe, your coaching skills aren't up to par.....

I've said it many times, you lacrosse people(parents) are quite the p%##y's. If you can't beat them, just complain.

quote=Anonymous]

Really? Longer and hatder? That is the most rediculus thing I have heard yet! The only ones lacking balls are the ones playing down cause they are not good enough to play in their own age group. So sad their parents didn't believe in them![/quote] Play your team then. Stop this [lacrosse] with playing 5 mids and 3 attack and 4 poles when the scores are double digits early. Let the other kids play. All ego on the coaches part. I coach and my kid will pull himself out early and ask coaches to put in other kids. Tells me to let the 7,8,9 mids play attack. Thats class. Its not the MLL. Knock it off. You can shorten the bench in tight games but cmon Crush. Don't ever [lacrosse] about Crabs, ever. Your antics are just as bad. Our team tells other teams to bring older kids in to make games more competitive. And you play a flipping zone, not some of the time, ALL the time. Zone since they were 10 years old. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep not up to par. Yeah kids are so good because of coach. Give me Oneil and watch how good of a coach I become. We would rarely ever lose a game with Oneil playing attack. Lacrosse is the only sport where you flipping crazies want want to let the coach take all the credit. All these top programs taking credit for kids going D1. Joke. You got D1 kids in your program. I'll give you credit for good branding and recruiting. You think js made oneil, danenza, schwirtzer? Teach them lessons. What lessons. Freaking crazy.
If that is the case, you should prepared your boys for it. If your boys can't comprehend, then are your boys really ready to play at that level? I'm not a crush parent;however, if you prepare properly you should be able to handle. Or maybe, your coaching skills aren't up to par.....

I've said it many times, you lacrosse people(parents) are quite the p%##y's. If you can't beat them, just complain.

quote=Anonymous]

Play your team then. Stop this [lacrosse] with playing 5 mids and 3 attack and 4 poles when the scores are double digits early. Let the other kids play. All ego on the coaches part. I coach and my kid will pull himself out early and ask coaches to put in other kids. Tells me to let the 7,8,9 mids play attack. Thats class. Its not the MLL. Knock it off. You can shorten the bench in tight games but cmon Crush. Don't ever [lacrosse] about Crabs, ever. Your antics are just as bad. Our team tells other teams to bring older kids in to make games more competitive. And you play a flipping zone, not some of the time, ALL the time. Zone since they were 10 years old. [/quote] [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using names now??? JS is an unbelievable coach with the best players in the entire country. Crush has proved through this past tryouts that they are now adding depth. They are the best team that just got better...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yep not up to par. Yeah kids are so good because of coach. Give me Oneil and watch how good of a coach I become. We would rarely ever lose a game with Oneil playing attack. Lacrosse is the only sport where you flipping crazies want want to let the coach take all the credit. All these top programs taking credit for kids going D1. Joke. You got D1 kids in your program. I'll give you credit for good branding and recruiting. You think js made oneil, danenza, schwirtzer? Teach them lessons. What lessons. Freaking crazy.

quote=Anonymous]

Play your team then. Stop this [lacrosse] with playing 5 mids and 3 attack and 4 poles when the scores are double digits early. Let the other kids play. All ego on the coaches part. I coach and my kid will pull himself out early and ask coaches to put in other kids. Tells me to let the 7,8,9 mids play attack. Thats class. Its not the MLL. Knock it off. You can shorten the bench in tight games but cmon Crush. Don't ever [lacrosse] about Crabs, ever. Your antics are just as bad. Our team tells other teams to bring older kids in to make games more competitive. And you play a flipping zone, not some of the time, ALL the time. Zone since they were 10 years old.
[/quote] [/quote]

Are you a parent of a player that is upset? The parents know exactly what they are getting. Its out there in the open so please take the nonsense somewhere else. The fact the kids can play a zone at their age is a testament to the quality coaching and training. In regard to a name being used its in a good light and no one is attacking the player so we as moderators let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Have not been on here in a long time. Would love it if you people would put your name along with your issues. You all hide your complaints behind the Anonymous. Crush does this, Crush does that, Crabs are *#%^^$#. It is hilarious. Parents of boys this age? You should be busy. No?

User
User
Wow. Have not been on here in a long time. Would love it if you people would put your name along with your issues. You all hide your complaints behind the Anonymous. Crush does this, Crush does that, Crabs are *#%^^$#. It is hilarious. Parents of boys this age? You should be busy. No?

What's your name?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think [lacrosse]'s is a wast of time and money. Not worth the time or money. My opinion.

Total waste, generally no competition for hotbed teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to Florida, there are so many better things to do than play lacrosse. Agree on the waste of time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus trips w 3d and the NLF Prospect showcases for this age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please just tell me you will watch this closely. Many names or the "illusion" of names have been on display here "in good light" then before you know it.. it has gone over the line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karma will come back to bite the Crush. The fact that the coach/program are only focused on 5 kids will doom them soon. Those kids are very good, but they clearly have no regard for developing all the kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karma will come back to bite the Crush. The fact that the coach/program are only focused on 5 kids will doom them soon. Those kids are very good, but they clearly have no regard for developing all the kids on the team.

Well I guess we will know in about a year when the commitments start coming out. In the meantime they will keep beating all of the 2020 teams and most of the 2019 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

have you seen how many of the teams have been doing it over the years, Developing? They recruit better players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

have you seen how many of the teams have been doing it over the years, Developing? They recruit better players.

The kids on that team are very nice kids, with great work ethic. Not only are the players very skilled, but there are many top academic students on the team as well. I am not sure why you think any of them would be better off somewhere else. They will all go on to play HS ball- most, with good lax schools. They will attend recruiting camps, showcases with the team and prospect camps as individuals and will have some very good coaches working on their behalf. They will be just fine, as will many of the other very good players on A and B teams through out the island. I wish the best to all the boys that represent our island. I just wish others would as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I guess we will know in about a year when the commitments start coming out. In the meantime they will keep beating all of the 2020 teams and most of the 2019 teams.

how much scholarship money is handed to an incoming freshman lacrosse player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids on that team are very nice kids, with great work ethic. Not only are the players very skilled, but there are many top academic students on the team as well. I am not sure why you think any of them would be better off somewhere else. They will all go on to play HS ball- most, with good lax schools. They will attend recruiting camps, showcases with the team and prospect camps as individuals and will have some very good coaches working on their behalf. They will be just fine, as will many of the other very good players on A and B teams through out the island. I wish the best to all the boys that represent our island. I just wish others would as well.

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how much scholarship money is handed to an incoming freshman lacrosse player?

It's not all about scholarships (that don't really exist) - I think anyone who is paying attention knows that. Anyway, the OP was making it sound like the rest of the team would be left behind at the expense of the core kids. I would imagine that any kid who is good enough to make the team would be a top player on any other team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is there's probobly only 1 serious recruit on Crush. They are a very well trained team that plays well together. No one outstanding except for that one kid I'm sure we all know who.

Page 13 of 90 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard