BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 42 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]TG have lost alot of players in this age group. Once believed to be the best 2020 team and now trying to rebuild as teams have surpassed them.

they will have their hands full with YJ second team and if they're lucky they won't have to embarrass themselves against curcio this summer

Nobody cares except a bunch of self centered parents that you would never want covering your back. You are the people that are ruining this team sport by making it a me first game. Reread all the comments here and see if you get it after the 2nd read. Our sport was so much better without all of you and this team jumping and recruiting nonsense

Without all the recruiting nonsense I wonder who would be paying all this money to travel clubs and private training sessions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
Because I'm an idea man: how about we sponsor a charity night: YJ rents vs TG rents.... No holds barred- The My Daughter's Team is Better Than Your Daughter's Team Free For All. I'll sponsor it and supply mop handles so long as I can reserve 4 seats ringside.

Loser will fight the winners of the Legacy/Elevate under card.

Will that be a Pay Per View event? Are the B team girls allowed to participate?

B team participates but the PPV money goes to the A team, or the boys teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
my money is on the parents from South Shore..more pinky rings, phony gold chains and Ginny tee's ....have an old Z28 take the brawlers in...

North Shore dads will get worked. They won't want to mess up their weekend polo, khaki, loafer, and all-important Friar's Head belt ensembles. That coupled with the fact they've never mixed it up in real life. Also the South Shore will be smart enough to bring backups... people who have no dog in the fight save for the fun of the fight itself.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
free tattoos for winning parents on south shore...vineyard vines polo's on north shore side winners...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] "you out you foot in your mouth next time."

Is this English? Legacy has 1 team at 2023, 2022, and 2021. They should have more tryouts. 2020 only level with 2 teams. Where is the mass defection to Legacy? Some have left for 2020, but nowhere near a mass defection program wide that some stated earlier, including posts that said 60 girls trying out at other age levels.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
will be fun season all around for the 2020 group....TG, Legacy, Elevate--although Elevate still the only team to put out a full on money grab 3rd team (white)--(all others cap at 2 teams per age) seem to all have improved...much migration of decent players...Express, 91, Wave,etc. all trailing...change is good I suppose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the math, your return on this wild travel ride is a big loss. Get your kid a tutor, go to a great school and play club lacrosse LOL It's the truth we have been through it before. Everyone is playing for bragging rights but the truth is nobody care but you and everyone we share a sideline with is petty and jealous and wishing bad things upon everyone but their kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did TG lose the best player in the age group and improve?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
thinking they added a few talented kids who combined will make up for that one loss?...just a guess, but I don't hold myself out to be an expert on TG, so...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will be fun season all around for the 2020 group....TG, Legacy, Elevate--although Elevate still the only team to put out a full on money grab 3rd team (white)--(all others cap at 2 teams per age) seem to all have improved...much migration of decent players...Express, 91, Wave,etc. all trailing...change is good I suppose

Why is it that YJ can have 5 teams in this age group yet parents will turn other clubs 2nd teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it that YJ can have 5 teams in this age group yet parents will turn other clubs 2nd teams? [/quote]

I guess because they look at yellow jackets as the only A team on Long Island. The rest are B+, B, and C teams. Maybe they have friends on the team. Maybe they feel they will move up if their daughter improves, which does happen more than you think. A lot can happen between 7th and 10th grade physically. That's why the whole jump from team to team is not worth it unless your daughter was slighted or had a bad experience.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
all good though...what a great forum for folks to weigh in, bash, spout, pontificate, blabber...and the good natured joking is good for laughs..but everyone shares a love of lax so its good all around...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have lost way more friends than we have gained navigating this travel Bermuda triangle. Good Luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have lost way more friends than we have gained navigating this travel Bermuda triangle. Good Luck to all

My personal life is at like a 2, and my professional life is like a noine, but my travel life is at like a 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it that YJ can have 5 teams in this age group yet parents will turn other clubs 2nd teams?

I guess because they look at yellow jackets as the only A team on Long Island. The rest are B+, B, and C teams. Maybe they have friends on the team. Maybe they feel they will move up if their daughter improves, which does happen more than you think. A lot can happen between 7th and 10th grade physically. That's why the whole jump from team to team is not worth it unless your daughter was slighted or had a bad experience. [/quote]

At this age YJ has the best players ,not even comparable so they can now load the back half with, siblings who don't belong,friends and family who don't belong, and worst yet the private lesson group who line the coaches pocket at the 19-20 age so are put on the top team when everyone knows they do not belong,its the main reason Legacy got to be descent so fast the kids that were on the 2nd yj team saw the bs of the pay to play kids and left good for them. Legacy only mistake was not making a 19 team as both TG and YJ are an absolute mess at those ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My personal life is at like a 2, and my professional life is like a noine, but my travel life is at like a 1.

BabaBooey!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does YJ or legacy have the combined teams for 2019 and 2020? is that a good thing if your kid is looking to play for 2019 as a 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does YJ or legacy have the combined teams for 2019 and 2020? is that a good thing if your kid is looking to play for 2019 as a 2020?

At YJ, it all depends on the numbers - they will make as many teams and as many different combinations as they need to place all of the girls who tryout on a team. Had 21's on 20 teams last year, not sure about the others. As far as whether it is good to "play up" on a combined team, I'd say no. In your example, the 19's are the bottom of the barrel who couldn't make one of the other 19 teams, so you as a 20 are playing in 19 brackets with a weak team - either getting beat up by good teams or playing in low level tournaments to be able to compete. Better to play on a straight 20 team (in my opinion).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this age YJ has the best players ,not even comparable so they can now load the back half with, siblings who don't belong,friends and family who don't belong, and worst yet the private lesson group who line the coaches pocket at the 19-20 age so are put on the top team when everyone knows they do not belong,its the main reason Legacy got to be descent so fast the kids that were on the 2nd yj team saw the bs of the pay to play kids and left good for them. Legacy only mistake was not making a 19 team as both TG and YJ are an absolute mess at those ages. [/quote]

2020 TG Black has been an outstanding team for years. That team made playoff brackets in every tournament. They only lost a handful of games the past two hears. Can someone truthfully tell me how many girls in fact left that team? And why they left? If a team is good, and winning tournaments, why did they leave?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't! Best kid at this age group already plays for YJ!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now she does

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait for it--- and it is THIS bonehead's kid.
She's the best. Trust him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait for it--- and it is THIS bonehead's kid.
She's the best. Trust him.

I assume you are referring to the girl from Westhampton that left last year. The TG girl from Massapequa left after this season. Both now on YJ. That team is stacked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$75 - $100 per hour for a private from a college girl on a cell phone in the famous flip flops. And the same girls will be taking their roadshow indoors for their fall clinics any day now. Has been and remains a JOKE!!! No other way to look at it other than you are paying to play or paying to stay.

I have never seen anything like it. The customer pays big , big money and then needs to kiss the asses of the people they are paying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$75 - $100 per hour for a private from a college girl on a cell phone in the famous flip flops. And the same girls will be taking their roadshow indoors for their fall clinics any day now. Has been and remains a JOKE!!! No other way to look at it other than you are paying to play or paying to stay.

I have never seen anything like it. The customer pays big , big money and then needs to kiss the asses of the people they are paying!

Which team are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wishful thinking mom and dad, there's a new top dog in town, everyone just moved down a peg on the yj depth chart

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know the girls in the age group very well. Both the girls you are talking about are excellent players . That being said there are several kids on that YJ team who are close to being as good and manage to make the players around them better . One of those kids you are talking about will share the ball in mostly non competive games and force the ball in competitive games turning it over , the other has virtually no ability to share the ball but can and will score in all games. Maybe the kids on YJ have all moved down a notch on the depth chart but TG as a team has just moved to a b level , possibly a c level .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ's don't share the ball that's why everyone needs to bring theiir own to tryouts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know the girls in the age group very well. Both the girls you are talking about are excellent players . That being said there are several kids on that YJ team who are close to being as good and manage to make the players around them better . One of those kids you are talking about will share the ball in mostly non competive games and force the ball in competitive games turning it over , the other has virtually no ability to share the ball but can and will score in all games. Maybe the kids on YJ have all moved down a notch on the depth chart but TG as a team has just moved to a b level , possibly a c level .

How could this player be on YJ already if no tryouts have taken place yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its called poaching and no club does it better. They get stronger and the competition gets weaker and with everyone one of these shady deals they screw one of their own already on the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Know the girls in the age group very well. Both the girls you are talking about are excellent players . That being said there are several kids on that YJ team who are close to being as good and manage to make the players around them better . One of those kids you are talking about will share the ball in mostly non competive games and force the ball in competitive games turning it over , the other has virtually no ability to share the ball but can and will score in all games. Maybe the kids on YJ have all moved down a notch on the depth chart but TG as a team has just moved to a b level , possibly a c level .

LOL shes on the fall rosters already also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its called poaching and no club does it better. They get stronger and the competition gets weaker and with everyone one of these shady deals they screw one of their own already on the top team.

I wouldn't want to be the girl who stopped doing the clinics, luau and privates! The new girls are going to the top team question is which existing YJ girl gets screwed and is dropped down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't want to be the girl who stopped doing the clinics, luau and privates! The new girls are going to the top team question is which existing YJ girl gets screwed and is dropped down?

Get used to it, this is the way the world works. Every top girl that has moved to the YJ blue teams are known, no try outs are needed. The tryouts are for borderline kids and the girls being "screwed out of a position" are known to the coaches going into the tryouts. The top teams welcome the top kids coming in, from players to parents to director. Same thing happened all last year, people on these threads trying to make trouble for these young girls as they move on. Believe me, these players are welcomed and embraced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get used to it, this is the way the world works. Every top girl that has moved to the YJ blue teams are known, no try outs are needed. The tryouts are for borderline kids and the girls being "screwed out of a position" are known to the coaches going into the tryouts. The top teams welcome the top kids coming in, from players to parents to director. Same thing happened all last year, people on these threads trying to make trouble for these young girls as they move on. Believe me, these players are welcomed and embraced.

LOL get off the kool aid and out of the cult! Embraced? really? Top girls are there for one reason to get recruited and to do that they are there for themselves. That's why they hog the ball and anytime a new stud joins the team it means its harder for their daughters to get minutes and points. And tell me if girls at the bottom of the roster getting moved down "embrace" these girls who are placed on the teams with no tryouts? You must be a YJ director to spew this crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading all the bs from stage dbags on here, I am nothing but thankful to have a daughter who's a solid B team member and I don't have to be on the sidelines with you pathetic souls.

Dbags: During each game I have to imagine you are standing next to someone who wants to pound your faces in as I'm sure you are spewing like mad during every game and living every minute of that teenaged girl's game. I'm hoping to see one of you worked over next summer just for kicks by a dad that's simply there to support his daughter who's having fun playing a great game rather than spitting fire about it.

You goofs are destroying the sport and need some chin checks... on the double.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
when you hear that girls who try out for YJ wear separate pinnies, that says it all.....and don't think for a minute that if every other travel program had a chance to copy the YJ model and have as many wanna bees trying out for all of their teams, they wouldn't jump at the chance....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
those dbags are tougher and tougher to avoid unfortunately....so many folks have drank the scholarship Kool-Aid...need to listen to a college coach tell people just how much $$ they have to distribute 30 ways...if you took all those years of spending 2k, it still wouldn't add up to a lucky girls financial assistance if they are lucky enough to get a "scholarship"..."yeah, Mary just committed to so&so state"...top lax school..they don't tell you that she got fraction of tuition...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
those dbags are tougher and tougher to avoid unfortunately....so many folks have drank the scholarship Kool-Aid...need to listen to a college coach tell people just how much $$ they have to distribute 30 ways...if you took all those years of spending 2k, it still wouldn't add up to a lucky girls financial assistance if they are lucky enough to get a "scholarship"..."yeah, Mary just committed to so&so state"...top lax school..they don't tell you that she got fraction of tuition...

Thing of it is- sad to say, I don't even really think it is the free ride fantasyland of which these fools dream... it is their pride, their vanity on the line.

Re the tuition farce: The free ride talk is such a bunch of bs- talk to anyone that is NOT drinking the koolaid, moreover, not pouring the koolaid, and you'll see the reality of these things. The money isn't there.... but these guys are going to keep jawing on here and on the sidelines... Pathetic souls. Laughable if they weren't so annoying on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

Thing of it is- sad to say, I don't even really think it is the free ride fantasyland of which these fools dream... it is their pride, their vanity on the line.

Re the tuition farce: The free ride talk is such a bunch of bs- talk to anyone that is NOT drinking the koolaid, moreover, not pouring the koolaid, and you'll see the reality of these things. The money isn't there.... but these guys are going to keep jawing on here and on the sidelines... Pathetic souls. Laughable if they weren't so annoying on the sidelines.

If you're looking for $ to help with college tell your daughters to STUDY and keep their grades up. Academic money combined with some lacrosse money is better than just a little lax money on its own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should stop worrying about other clubs! Yes, undoubtedly YJ is the strongest team in this age group, anyone who says differently is smoking something! However, there are plenty of really good players on other teams! Not everyone on LI needs for their kid to be on the uber 2020 team of the universe!! Really good kids stay away from YJ for many reasons!! They might have the best team but there is still only 1 ball to go around - should be fun watching them battle it out for supreme top spot!

Page 8 of 42 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard