BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 76 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What fall tournament will the top team be at?

The one between the a and the t.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I apologize to the moderators if I've done something wrong ..I just don't understand what was said that was outside any rules.I've seen some very hurtful things written on here and I don't understand why a post defending kids and a team with facts was deleted? Again I apologize in advance if something was done wrong

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I apologize to the moderators if I've done something wrong ..I just don't understand what was said that was outside any rules.I've seen some very hurtful things written on here and I don't understand why a post defending kids and a team with facts was deleted? Again I apologize in advance if something was done wrong

I really don't know either. No apology necessary. Try posting it again and if there is something wrong, I will tell you. Sometimes the posts don't make it for many reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you ..my point was that I thought this new Igloo team would end up being a better version of last year's Jesters team. An above post said that they were nowhere near an A team yet at years end they beat FCA 2x and beat LB3. They also lost to Mid Atlantic by a goal.So with the above logic they were an A team...and I think this new Igloo team on paper could be as good or better than that team. I know people dilike organizations but it's terrible to disparage kids just because you don't like the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs offer the best exposure in recruiting years. Serious question here. How can playing for igloo help with exposure? I know express probably has the most connections but after that what are the top clubs to play for? Not about winning and losing. Who gets on top exposure tournaments. Please help with some advice. Not stupid comments.

Igloo will have plenty of exposure after this summers wsyl

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you ..my point was that I thought this new Igloo team would end up being a better version of last year's Jesters team. An above post said that they were nowhere near an A team yet at years end they beat FCA 2x and beat LB3. They also lost to Mid Atlantic by a goal.So with the above logic they were an A team...and I think this new Igloo team on paper could be as good or better than that team. I know people dilike organizations but it's terrible to disparage kids just because you don't like the organization.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Just make sure the team only plays in A tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do that have to play in only A tournaments? If the directors and coaches feel they are better placed in a B tournament, why is that bad? You people are so focused on labeling teams and tournaments as "A" or "B" that you lose sight of what youth lacrosse is about. Having fun and getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went so far as to concede to the top 4 teams,so obviously you arent involved with one of those teams.Hmmm..I guess it just proves what I thought all along. You are just a sour guy that likes to spew venom on here..no facts or reasoning just a big computer blowhard.You can only get so far with the very witty lines like "keep smokin' and "Keep drinking the Kool Aid"It doesn't take long to figure a guy like you out. Don't worry though,I'll see to it I put your suggestion in the directors suggestion box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do that have to play in only A tournaments? If the directors and coaches feel they are better placed in a B tournament, why is that bad? You people are so focused on labeling teams and tournaments as "A" or "B" that you lose sight of what youth lacrosse is about. Having fun and getting better.

Lose sight ? Sight is way lost. It's not about getting better and having fun. That was lost on these people a long time ago. For 3k they want to win games and have lots of nice apparel ! Wake up!
You have to play in A tournaments if you expect people to pay that kind of money to play on a second team. There are many options , for half that money , to have a fun B experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs offer the best exposure in recruiting years. Serious question here. How can playing for igloo help with exposure? I know express probably has the most connections but after that what are the top clubs to play for? Not about winning and losing. Who gets on top exposure tournaments. Please help with some advice. Not stupid comments.

Igloo will have plenty of exposure after this summers wsyl

That is a very good question.

It has to be said why are you thinking recruiting at 6th grade, I know the better teams in the recruiting years are those that had time for the core to gel together. Although having gone through this, I think at 6th grade you play with the best team you can get yourself ample field time on. If you have the time and $$ you go to every teams clinic each team has to offer and see what is the best fit. If you are good they will find you.

Just remember the grass isn't always greener but it doesn't hurt to put your child out there, if you land on a good team be friendly with all teams but don't foreget who may have burned you. because unfortunately it doesn't matter how good or bad you are, someone will put you down or exclude you, lots of daddy ball out there and lots of people who wont share their info. because it is all about their son. That's okay it should be about your own, but you don't need them. this summer you will realize who they are.

The past few years the better kids from many teams got together to play on weekend their main team was off. that is good and helps the region get stronger. It also helps when playing certain regional or local games. Keep your ear out to where certain people work out or get reps. At this age it is all about reps and being who you are

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean it's not best to hop from one program to another every year. lol.. I know people who's kids have been on at least 5 different teams and they are only in 6th grade.Comical I know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't have that big of a problem with kids moving around from team to team when they are young. A lot of factors come in to play. i see it on here all the time "so long as your kid is having fun and getting better" well what if they aren't? …reason for change 1..now he moves to a different team and really has a good year with a certain coach. Next year that coach moves to a different organization (happens a lot now) ..reason for change 2. Following year its apparent that your son/ daughter really likes the game but the team they are on is either over his/her head at this time in their life or the team is less serious about the game and plays less than your son/daughter would like…time for change 3. I'm sure there is a lot of "grass is greener" folks out there but sometimes its not the only reason. And if it is the reason, then so be it, throw it in as reason to change number 4. The fact is you have to be your childs advocate and put them in the best place you think is available to them. You may not always be right but its better than sitting back and doing nothing especially if you feel in your gut that a change would be best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i don't have that big of a problem with kids moving around from team to team when they are young. A lot of factors come in to play. i see it on here all the time "so long as your kid is having fun and getting better" well what if they aren't? …reason for change 1..now he moves to a different team and really has a good year with a certain coach. Next year that coach moves to a different organization (happens a lot now) ..reason for change 2. Following year its apparent that your son/ daughter really likes the game but the team they are on is either over his/her head at this time in their life or the team is less serious about the game and plays less than your son/daughter would like…time for change 3. I'm sure there is a lot of "grass is greener" folks out there but sometimes its not the only reason. And if it is the reason, then so be it, throw it in as reason to change number 4. The fact is you have to be your childs advocate and put them in the best place you think is available to them. You may not always be right but its better than sitting back and doing nothing especially if you feel in your gut that a change would be best.

If your son is on a good competitive team, with good families and is getting better and having fun, don't go anywhere. Kids who have been on 5, 6 or 7 teams before HS, it is usually about the parents , not the kids. Then when they get older, you will see very good kids unable to find a quality team for their sons. The better clubs will already know all about them and stay away. It happens all the time. Being an advocate for your kid and being an a obstacle for your kid is a very thin line. How you behave while doing it will determine your kids future. Have seen a lot of people do it the wrong way this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone else is trying to figure things out. Smash has another practice today. Look out here we come!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI upgraded some of their positions so look out for them!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Everyone else is trying to figure things out. Smash has another practice today. Look out here we come! [/quote
do you still have that screaming out of control dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I sense a guilty conscience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you'd be wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you'd be wrong

it was just a lot of explaining. yes, there are many reasons. to each his own. some of the grass is greener people have a habit of wreaking havoc and it's not because they are looking for what's best for their child. they are doing what is best for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone else is trying to figure things out. Smash has another practice today. Look out here we come!

Keep thumping your chest smash daddy. while the kids at practice, why don't you and the ole lady go and get matching 91 tats?! Smash Deez Nutz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI upgraded some of their positions so look out for them!!!!

Okay, we'll keep an eye out for them ... if they ever play on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is very quiet! Where's all the chatter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
deez nutz. never gets old.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You are so freaking annoying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You are so freaking annoying!

I would agree it does get annoying when it is repeatsd 40 times as it was in the past. But you got to admit it is funny! And quite fitting if you ever watched the parents on the sidelines during a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams should list their Fall tournament schedules. Then there are no excuses for not playing each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams should list their Fall tournament schedules. Then there are no excuses for not playing each other.

I think Smash, United, Igloo, Express, Outlaws, TLI and Legacy all pretty much competed against each other at one tourney or another last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did all the 32 kids go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a big secret!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a big secret!!

Igloo and Express, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a big secret!!

Rising Sons & Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a big secret!!

Igloo and Express, no?

fl$ and Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a big secret!!

Igloo and Express, no?

Express and fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why 32 split up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they didn't split up. they will still play as 32 in town format tourneys, and with their respective clubs in club format tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So have fl$ and Express improved then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they didn't split up. they will still play as 32 in town format tourneys, and with their respective clubs in club format tourneys.

I applaud them for making it work!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please hold your applause until the end of the show!
It's only September!

Page 7 of 76 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard