BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on with 2019? Many TG and YJ and [****] girls at Liberty tryouts last weekend. Will the top girls jump ship? Why?

Maybe many people are beginning to discover that some of these clubs are not as advertised and if your child is in the majority of players that actually will benefit from training and there is a lack of it then they move on. Going to practice once a week and not playing much in tournaments is NOT what travel lax is supposed to be.
Some clubs seem to favor the win at all costs and play the same few kids even if you travel out of state and foot the bill for it.
Some clubs are excellent at training and building an all around player. Some are all about getting D1 commits to put on their website.

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
What is going on with 2019? Many TG and YJ and [****] girls at Liberty tryouts last weekend. Will the top girls jump ship? Why?

Maybe many people are beginning to discover that some of these clubs are not as advertised and if your child is in the majority of players that actually will benefit from training and there is a lack of it then they move on. Going to practice once a week and not playing much in tournaments is NOT what travel lax is supposed to be.
Some clubs seem to favor the win at all costs and play the same few kids even if you travel out of state and foot the bill for it.
Some clubs are excellent at training and building an all around player. Some are all about getting D1 commits to put on their website.

Well said. In fact, M&D took their commits off the website and haven't updated championships in over a year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Some clubs are good at both. They aren't mutually exclusive.

This is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Different strokes for different folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2019 Black has the best of the nassau players, many from the Long Island All American roster from this past summer, a great coaching staff and is looking real good going into the recruiting circuit this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2019 Black has the best of the nassau players, many from the Long Island All American roster from this past summer, a great coaching staff and is looking real good going into the recruiting circuit this fall.

Um, congratulations?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty you serious or being sarcastic I can't tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my 2019 girls travel lacrosse team is better than yours....and we have better tents and more expensive swag too...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are some 2019s already verbally committing or just being looked at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are already 2019 girls committing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read that IWLCA is proposing to NCAA rules changes to eliminate early recruitment. No communication at all with athletes until Sep 1 of junior year. Athletes can be evaluated prior at tournaments or showcases but no contact until 11th grade.

Not sure when it would be imlpemented (needs to be voted and approved first by the NCAA) but at least it is a right step in the right direction to eliminate 9th graders worrying about college. It is being put forth by the college coaches themselves so hopefully it has some legs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
agree completely...boys and girls who have not even hit puberty in some cases should never have the pressure of a college decision at that age....sounds simple, but let them enjoy being a kid...plenty of life changing decisions await them w/out the bs of recruiting at that age....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but how do they even implement it , do the verbal commitments that are in effect at the time for say a 10th grader get tossed out the window ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I imagine that they would grandfather already recruited kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is nothing to grandfather a verbal means nothing to the NCAA or the universities. Just a conversation between a coach and a student athlete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grandfathered? Until you sign NLI for your sport its anyones spot, and I would bet there are 5+/- kids per position per recruiting cycle a coach is chasing. Everyone is replaceable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grandfathered? Until you sign NLI for your sport its anyones spot, and I would bet there are 5+/- kids per position per recruiting cycle a coach is chasing. Everyone is replaceable.

A kid should only worry if he doesn't keep playing at the level he was recruited at. They need to keep working as hard or harder and things will most likely work out. It's the slackers that could be bumped. Only kids I know that are not actually going to their commitment are those who traded up, or did make grades and had to trade down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only losers that i can see from the proposal are the club directors who r lining their pockets w 9th grade recruiting camps etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read that IWLCA is proposing to NCAA rules changes to eliminate early recruitment. No communication at all with athletes until Sep 1 of junior year. Athletes can be evaluated prior at tournaments or showcases but no contact until 11th grade.

Not sure when it would be imlpemented (needs to be voted and approved first by the NCAA) but at least it is a right step in the right direction to eliminate 9th graders worrying about college. It is being put forth by the college coaches themselves so hopefully it has some legs.

It has legs but it isn't quite so clear cut ... It says no "direct communication" between coach and recruit. It seems to leave the loophole of indirect contact (thru club coach for example).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of one who committed to Northwestern. do you really know of others? If so, how many? I highly doubt there are many 2019 commits at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really seems like you guys don't know what you are talking about or haven't gone through the process with your kids yet. Other than for grades, getting in trouble for something reasonably serious, or career-ending injuries, coaches honor their verbal commitments and their is still a lot of honor in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only losers that i can see from the proposal are the club directors who r lining their pockets w 9th grade recruiting camps etc.
really? This would be better for the club directors. Longer to keep hold over the kids for the dream of committing somewhere. If a kid commits as a freshman or sophomore, harder to get them to show up to club events/camps in the older years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the expected timing on the vote and/or approval by the NCAA of the IWLCA proposals regarding early recruiting rules and restrictions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does the contact affect the coaches talking to the kids when they show up at the camps? How is this rule going to be enforced? It's going to be the same loopholes.
And with Instagram, Snapchat and what ever else is out there - direct contact can easily be avoided.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question does anyone know any LI 2019's that have verbally committed already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Know some outside of LI. The 2019s are in full swing a good 6-9 months ahead of here the 2018s were last year. It has not only not slowed down, it's accelerated again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
agree completely...boys and girls who have not even hit puberty in some cases should never have the pressure of a college decision at that age....sounds simple, but let them enjoy being a kid...plenty of life changing decisions await them w/out the bs of recruiting at that age....

Hitting puberty? What are you talking about? There are some teams from Maryland that have girls on their 2019 teams who are already driving...
Hitting puberty is no longer an issue. eek

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know four 2019's that have offers all D1 but didn't commit yet all from Long island. No one saws you have to commit to your first offer unless its your dream.

Know some outside of LI. The 2019s are in full swing a good 6-9 months ahead of here the 2018s were last year. It has not only not slowed down, it's accelerated again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club do they play for?
I know four 2019's that have offers all D1 but didn't commit yet all from Long island. No one saws you have to commit to your first offer unless its your dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please tell us a few of the schools who these 19 kids have committed to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Northwestern, UNC, Ohio State just to name a few ... offers have been extended to many that have not committed yet as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like a really big risk to be extending an offer to high school freshman before seeing what their first quarter/semester grades look like. This is lacrosse, I was always under the impression that coaches would wait to see how a player was doing academically before making any serious "moves". I am fully expecting the first wave of commits to happen about two weeks after the first quarter/semester grades come out. I think it was right around mid-November last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Northwestern, UNC, Ohio State just to name a few ... offers have been extended to many that have not committed yet as well.
There will be a very small percentage of girls committing this school year. This gets the parents all excited, but it's top D1 only. If your daughter is D2 or D3 caliber, the commits start happening junior and senior year, so don't worry, it's no rush for most of the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like a really big risk to be extending an offer to high school freshman before seeing what their first quarter/semester grades look like. This is lacrosse, I was always under the impression that coaches would wait to see how a player was doing academically before making any serious "moves". I am fully expecting the first wave of commits to happen about two weeks after the first quarter/semester grades come out. I think it was right around mid-November last year

Well unfortunately that is not true. And the process has accelerated 6+ months from last year for sure. I am not advocating it, just stating the facts. And yes it is just the first wave, which is top teams and top tier kids. But it is much quicker and more widespread this year than last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard about Maryland getting commitments from several 2019's. Is that just rumor?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard about Maryland getting commitments from several 2019's. Is that just rumor?

No, a whole bunch of 2019 girls from MD committed this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really to where???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, a whole bunch of 2019 girls from MD committed this weekend.

Oh boy now the pressure is on !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really to where???

Syracuse, Northwestern. Hofstra. Traditional Long Island strongholds.

MD is taking over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple to Stony Brook too. Unreal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes sense most of those players are already 16.

Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard