BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Maryland they are getting offers as we speak so you have no clue. That is for the 2019s

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody trains unless you pay xtra. YJ practices once a week . That's it

Less than that at the B teams! They never make up rained out practices. Good coaches but you get NOTHING extra from them and they DO NOT reschedule practices! After 3 years....looking at other options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any word on turnout for Elevate tryouts over the weekend?...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any word on turnout for Elevate tryouts over the weekend?...
If you were not there, why do you care?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, figured all the chatter about TG losing players to other programs would mean that maybe Elevate would benefit....that ok for you?...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
well, figured all the chatter about TG losing players to other programs would mean that maybe Elevate would benefit....that ok for you?...

Decent amt of girls there for 2020. 2019 looked smaller. 2020 talent wise was pretty high I thought...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least YJ is a top team. Elevate is not in the same ballpark but charge like they are.

What does YJ charge for their recruiting services?

LOL... isn't it like 500 or more now. Criminal

If you're paying for recruiting services for an 8th grader then you're nuts. No one is looking at 8th graders no matter how good they are.

I am not a fan of the early recruiting, but you are wrong. The last several years has seen the first wave of commits of the elite as eigth graders. That is 2020 for next summer. You will see the 2019s start right now based on this past summers play, jast as we saw the 2018 last fall.

Early verbals is sheer lunacy that is pushed by these for profit travel clubs because it's good for their business and posting on their websites and twitter. Keep pushing and driving your kids all over gods creation for that $7,500 offer and sign where your director tells you to.

I don't get how everyone kisses these programs asses while paying in $4 or $5 thousand a year. It's like a cult.

The cult just roasted a pig this weekend is that part of the initiation or was that just the luau?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

Decent amt of girls there for 2020. 2019 looked smaller. 2020 talent wise was pretty high I thought...

Great talent at 2020 tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great talent at 2020 tryouts

2400 buck tuition includes the honor of buying a uniform at an additional cost... freakin nuts.... Not even for their top team would this make sense. They'd have to win quite a bit more to make sense at that price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2400 buck tuition includes the honor of buying a uniform at an additional cost... freakin nuts.... Not even for their top team would this make sense. They'd have to win quite a bit more to make sense at that price.

I thought "you play to win" not pay to win

[/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Once again false information out here. $2400 is for the recruitable year teams and includes nine recruiting tournaments and all of the recruiting services. This does not apply to the 2020 team. Just some dinner people who have nothing better to do then start a pot and put out false info. Good luck doing your 7 tournaments and playing your own teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it only for uncommitted girls on the recruitable year teams? Why would the recruited girls pay for services they do not need - including recruiting services which elevate has previously touted as free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again false information out here. $2400 is for the recruitable year teams and includes nine recruiting tournaments and all of the recruiting services. This does not apply to the 2020 team. Just some dinner people who have nothing better to do then start a pot and put out false info. Good luck doing your 7 tournaments and playing your own teams. [/quote]

I'm calling BS on this rebuttal. It is 4-5 tourneys and A LA CARTE fall tourneys. Meaning, me thinks, that you will pay for them. Listen- feel free to pay up, I just don't think it is worth nearly this much for 2020 players, 1/100th of whom might be good enough to be recruited. I know- tons of peeps like to think otherwise- but I'd love for someone to show a stat on how many players in 2020 are actually recruited.

Anyway, and I'm not being phony- good luck to everyone in their choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again false information out here. $2400 is for the recruitable year teams and includes nine recruiting tournaments and all of the recruiting services. This does not apply to the 2020 team. Just some dinner people who have nothing better to do then start a pot and put out false info. Good luck doing your 7 tournaments and playing your own teams.

I'm calling BS on this rebuttal. It is 4-5 tourneys and A LA CARTE fall tourneys. Meaning, me thinks, that you will pay for them. Listen- feel free to pay up, I just don't think it is worth nearly this much for 2020 players, 1/100th of whom might be good enough to be recruited. I know- tons of peeps like to think otherwise- but I'd love for someone to show a stat on how many players in 2020 are actually recruited.

Anyway, and I'm not being phony- good luck to everyone in their choices. [/quote]

2020 is not recruitable!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020 is not recruitable!! [/quote]

What does "not recruitable" mean?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

2020 is not recruitable!!

What does "not recruitable" mean?[/quote]

From the NCAA rules:
"A prospective student-athlete is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade. In addition, a student who has not started classes for the ninth grade becomes a prospective student-athlete if the institution provides such an individual (or the individual's relatives or friends) any financial assistance or other benefits that the institution does not provide to prospective students generally."

Meaning, from my read, Yeah you could have an 8th grader recruited, but seriously- when does that happen? I gotta agree with those that think this is a lark for all but a VERY VERY few exceptions.... hence no reason for most parents to go crazy spending cheese for 8th grade players unless of course it is for the sake of gaining experience and skills. If you are 'buying' skills training with the money, probably a good idea; if you are buying recruiting services for your 2020, you might as well spend that on academic tutors and such--- better spent money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are pumping every nickel we have and even some we don't have to get that $7,000 offer to a $60,000 school. We are in line to pay about $40,000 thousand or more into travel lacrosse for that big athletic payout. We plan on her giving a verbal next summer as she enters 9th grade. It's not for everybody but my daughter has no say in the decision.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We are pumping every nickel we have and even some we don't have to get that $7,000 offer to a $60,000 school. We are in line to pay about $40,000 thousand or more into travel lacrosse for that big athletic payout. We plan on her giving a verbal next summer as she enters 9th grade. It's not for everybody but my daughter has no say in the decision.

Make sure you get her to major in Sanskrit too... so she can pay it all off with ease when she's a grad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you get her to major in Sanskrit too... so she can pay it all off with ease when she's a grad.

Yes have to love the woman's studies, african studies anthropology and communication degrees by some athletes. Those are the mail order degrees that jammed up UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does TG post the rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts were at about the same time last year ( August) and the rosters were posted on October 16, (according to date stamp on my printout)
Of course it could be sooner or later.. maybe after YJ tryouts.
I dont think they ever posted the 2019 roster at all last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As soon as they have enough kids to fill teams. 2 more 2020s left

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts were at about the same time last year ( August) and the rosters were posted on October 16, (according to date stamp on my printout)

Not that it really matters, but it was 2017 that wasn't posted last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that it really matters, but it was 2017 that wasn't posted last year.

Sorry, yes your right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the grand total of defectors now? I know for a fact the 6 that left purple, and still tallying the black team which I think is at 5 and counting...What's funny is there are still quite a few tryouts coming up (Express, T9, YJ) and there are such high numbers of kids that have already moved on. When BS and SS said these teams were going to be exactly the same strength-wise for 2016 they weren't lying. Both B Level Teams, He is even having trouble trying to find girls to fill out both teams. All the talent have left TG, what's left are now all B Level and PAL level average players. Not one standout left on either of those teams, Let's bet quite a few more leave by by November.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always will be a club to cash your check. A, B, C, D, E or F players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the grand total of defectors now? I know for a fact the 6 that left purple, and still tallying the black team which I think is at 5 and counting...What's funny is there are still quite a few tryouts coming up (Express, T9, YJ) and there are such high numbers of kids that have already moved on. When BS and SS said these teams were going to be exactly the same strength-wise for 2016 they weren't lying. Both B Level Teams, He is even having trouble trying to find girls to fill out both teams. All the talent have left TG, what's left are now all B Level and PAL level average players. Not one standout left on either of those teams, Let's bet quite a few more leave by by November.

If this is the case, so be it. This might be just what the TG needs to have happen to make the necessary changes in the club.
#1 on the list for me would be better, more consistent, full time coaching. (Although many clubs suffer from a lack of this)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh for the love of God will you please SHUT UP and worry about your own team!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's the grand total of defectors now? I know for a fact the 6 that left purple, and still tallying the black team which I think is at 5 and counting...What's funny is there are still quite a few tryouts coming up (Express, T9, YJ) and there are such high numbers of kids that have already moved on. When BS and SS said these teams were going to be exactly the same strength-wise for 2016 they weren't lying. Both B Level Teams, He is even having trouble trying to find girls to fill out both teams. All the talent have left TG, what's left are now all B Level and PAL level average players. Not one standout left on either of those teams, Let's bet quite a few more leave by by November. [/quote]

Oh for the love of God will you please SHUT UP and worry about your own team!!! [/quote]

Thank you. Last year the gossip was that TG was losing girls to Elevate . . . Didn't happen! This year the gossip was that TG was losing girls to Legacy . . . Not happening! If that was true, like many posted, why is Legacy having additional tryouts? Please don't tell me to fill out the B and C teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As soon as they have enough kids to fill teams. 2 more 2020s left

Oh for the love of God will you please SHUT UP and worry about your own team!!! [/quote

Yes because that's exactly what you TG parents did when you actually had a descent team even going so far as to name your pitiful daddy TG team based upon your hatred of YJ. Reality is it sucks for YJ now that TG has been decimated but I bet Legacy will give YJ a run for their money , seems YJ top team now has many of the top players in the age group so the bottom half is now filled with the pay to play kids who line the coaches pocket ,problem is those kids will cost that team and organization more issues than they think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh for the love of God will you please SHUT UP and worry about your own team!!! [/quote]

Thank you. Last year the gossip was that TG was losing girls to Elevate . . . Didn't happen! This year the gossip was that TG was losing girls to Legacy . . . Not happening! If that was true, like many posted, why is Legacy having additional tryouts? Please don't tell me to fill out the B and C teams.
[/quote]

Last year the gossip was they were losing girls to YJ, which is exactly what happened as they lost many very top girls at 2019, 2020 and 2021. Leaving for Legacy, Elevate doesn't really better the situation if leaving black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You have got to be an idiot. Legacy girls tryouts are over and both teams are filled, The boys are having additional tryouts to fill open slots, I don't think you really are on TG as you would see that the the majority of girls have left and legacy has a bunch of them, Liberty has some and elevate and we haven't even gotten to YJ yet. TG has lost a lot of girls to Legacy. Try to stay awake up there on Mars, cause you're definitely lost and have no idea what's going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand leaving for YJ if you want to upgrade. Not other organizations, especially Elevate where you will pay more.

The tryouts at Legacy are for boys. Not sure about girls yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG have lost alot of players in this age group. Once believed to be the best 2020 team and now trying to rebuild as teams have surpassed them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't holding additional tryouts for the girls you moron. That's for the boys side. Check you facts before you out you foot in your mouth next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG have lost alot of players in this age group. Once believed to be the best 2020 team and now trying to rebuild as teams have surpassed them.

they will have their hands full with YJ second team and if they're lucky they won't have to embarrass themselves against curcio this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they will have their hands full with YJ second team and if they're lucky they won't have to embarrass themselves against curcio this summer

Nobody cares except a bunch of self centered parents that you would never want covering your back. You are the people that are ruining this team sport by making it a me first game. Reread all the comments here and see if you get it after the 2nd read. Our sport was so much better without all of you and this team jumping and recruiting nonsense.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Because I'm an idea man: how about we sponsor a charity night: YJ rents vs TG rents.... No holds barred- The My Daughter's Team is Better Than Your Daughter's Team Free For All. I'll sponsor it and supply mop handles so long as I can reserve 4 seats ringside.

Loser will fight the winners of the Legacy/Elevate under card.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because I'm an idea man: how about we sponsor a charity night: YJ rents vs TG rents.... No holds barred- The My Daughter's Team is Better Than Your Daughter's Team Free For All. I'll sponsor it and supply mop handles so long as I can reserve 4 seats ringside.

Loser will fight the winners of the Legacy/Elevate under card.

Will that be a Pay Per View event? Are the B team girls allowed to participate?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
my money is on the parents from South Shore..more pinky rings, phony gold chains and Ginny tee's ....have an old Z28 take the brawlers in...

Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard