BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
W
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did that one 2022 player go back to Igloo 2023? Did they take other 2022s?

who cares about Igloo 2023. their tryouts are rigged, the two previous amazing coaches are gone, they kept some of the kids that are PAL quality. the new coaches are unheard of, etc...

Igloo and Legacy both took a very big step back due to inconsitancies with their coaching. Igloo kids were trying out for every team under the sun to get away and Legacy lost so many kids that they needed to combine thier A and B teams. Both teams had some good showings last season. I don't think they won anything, that I can recall, but that's not necessarily the metric of quality. At least it's not the only one. They will still be middle of the pack, though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. That's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PW dad here. I thought team 32 was one of the best 2023 teams anywhere. They couldn't beat the Bandits, but they almost beat the HB's and owned Igloo. Aren't the 32 kids that did not go to igloo going to STS? 32 is just a town team now. The politics were supposedly crazy. Town elite travel teams are quickly fading. The older the kids get, and the closer they get to HS, the more important it is to get your A player kid on a travel squad. If you play for Express, for example, you will be seen by the Chaminade, Kellenberg and St Ant.'s coaches. If you play for fl$, then.....?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. MANHASSETT = TOOLBAGS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 32 was a very good team. It's a shame to see that team breakup. They gave HBs a good run for their money and had excellent games with Igloo ( they won some and lost some -- youth lax at its best). It will be an interesting year to see how all the teams recover from the drama. No one will know for sure until the fall tourneys start. Only sure bet is the Bandits will stay on top.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally a truthful statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PW Dad: Igloo Dad here.

Almost?? They lost by 3 goals. Badgers got off to a slow start that game and 32 couldn't keep up when HB's got in gear. Another half and 32 loses by 7/8 goals. Manhassett is overrated. Dad's are full of themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares about Igloo 2023. their tryouts are rigged, the two previous amazing coaches are gone, they kept some of the kids that are PAL quality. the new coaches are unheard of, etc...

Unheard of everyone knows Santa Clause and his little elf's ......... unheard of Your mean

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SH is far from unheard of. Shows how little you know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone's son did not make the team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"PAL Quality" - now there's a new one... u a-hole

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PW Dad: Igloo Dad here.

Almost?? They lost by 3 goals. Badgers got off to a slow start that game and 32 couldn't keep up when HB's got in gear. Another half and 32 loses by 7/8 goals. Manhassett is overrated. Dad's are full of themselves.

Play another half?? Overrated?? What the heck are you talking about. Certainly not 9yr old lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know If True Blue is having two teams this year and who is coaching each team.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know If True Blue is having two teams this year and who is coaching each team.....

Coach Cat. is coaching a 2023 team. I'm not sure if there are two teams though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any decent organizations out there? If so which ones?!

365Lax

They're usually decent but sometimes have numbers issues with their teams when it comes to tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is close to adding a 2 nd team just a couple of middies short so if anyone is interested email True Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is close to adding a 2 nd team just a couple of middies short so if anyone is interested email True Blue.

I will ask a few kids in town if they are interested.
Who is the coach going to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple of Middies short? Are you kidding me? You can't run a team on minimum of 16 players and borrow a few from the other team for a tourney? I wish teams would stop the madness with trying to money grab and play with who they have!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple of Middies short? Are you kidding me? You can't run a team on minimum of 16 players and borrow a few from the other team for a tourney? I wish teams would stop the madness with trying to money grab and play with who they have!!

Uuuummmm, no. Actually, you can't grab a couple of kids from the other team for tournaments. That would be considered cheating. I'd rather they go the money grab route. It's more honest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are practicing already? I don't mean had one practice, but are going weekly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those kids have been waiting for a response from true blue about filling up the rest of the B team, but no responce, they only had 13 and i know that at least 4 have moved on, they had all defence and attack, no middies. so they are at least down to 9 from the original B team unless they found some more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those kids have been waiting for a response from true blue about filling up the rest of the B team, but no responce, they only had 13 and i know that at least 4 have moved on, they had all defence and attack, no middies. so they are at least down to 9 from the original B team unless they found some more

True Blue handled this without class. Joe Cat said to the parents at tryout that he was taking our returning players by having his assistant coach the 2nd team. Turns out far from the truth. Then they send out an email telling the parents a week later that their kid didn't make the team. Then they call and tell the parent that they want your kid.
There's a reason why the kids moved on and will not come back.
Loyalty works both ways. You're never getting our money again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hows that B team working out, have you heard anything yetbfrom true blue, no communication, i am taking my son elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just got the call from Tru Blue for the B team. My son has been waiting for a week and couldn't wait any longer. We were just about to accept with an A club but now we're excited to be on True Blue B.

How's that working out for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It faded because one of the dad/coaches needed to have MORE. More playing time for his lil player, more credit, more, more, more, But I'm glad he's gone and am looking forward to s2s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats up with club team coaches, coaching their players on the side---
NOT COOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT COOL
what's with the cryptic message? Nobody knows what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT COOL

Club coaches giving private lessons to boys on their team--

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT COOL

extra work for extra pay, I'm ok with it. Is it free and only for a select few? Maybe not ok then. Is there a kid who just needs the extra work to keep up and it is best done out of the regular practice environment? that is OK by me too.

it all depends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not when it affects the line up--- pay for play

NOT COOL

extra work for extra pay, I'm ok with it. Is it free and only for a select few? Maybe not ok then. Is there a kid who just needs the extra work to keep up and it is best done out of the regular practice environment? that is OK by me too.

it all depends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT COOL

it all depends.

It called a BRIBE !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT COOL

it all depends.

What club is doing this?
I know BM used to do it on Express. Cash only, no checks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams are practicing already? I don't mean had one practice, but are going weekly?

From what I've heard Legacy (2x a week), Outlaws (1X a week), Empire (1x a week) and Warriors (2X a week) are practicing. I'm sure Bandits and Badgers are, just don't know how often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I've heard Legacy (2x a week), Outlaws (1X a week), Empire (1x a week) and Warriors (2X a week) are practicing. I'm sure Bandits and Badgers are, just don't know how often.

wow. 2x week in the fall at 5th grade? long term payoff potential is not equal to the potential burnout factor. Good for winning 5th grade tournaments though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow. 2x week in the fall at 5th grade? long term payoff potential is not equal to the potential burnout factor. Good for winning 5th grade tournaments though.

When is it OK to practice 2x a week in the fall? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious on your thoughts. They're not babies anymore. These boys have been, for the most part, playing lax for 4-5 years now. Some have been playing travel for 2-3. I see Baseball, Wrestling, Hockey and Soccer practicing a few times a week (year round now). I'm OK with doing it with lax. The way I see it, if your kid wants to do it, let him. If he's fighting you to go to practice, you're not long for the team anyway. My only concern is that it really interferes with the boy's football schedules. That should come first in the fall since it's not played in any other season on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm happy that my son is going twice per week. So is he!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is it OK to practice 2x a week in the fall? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious on your thoughts. They're not babies anymore. These boys have been, for the most part, playing lax for 4-5 years now. Some have been playing travel for 2-3. I see Baseball, Wrestling, Hockey and Soccer practicing a few times a week (year round now). I'm OK with doing it with lax. The way I see it, if your kid wants to do it, let him. If he's fighting you to go to practice, you're not long for the team anyway. My only concern is that it really interferes with the boy's football schedules. That should come first in the fall since it's not played in any other season on LI.

It's perfectly fine to practice 2-3 days per week if there is no other sport involved. There is no burnout when you mix up the training during the week. Ex. shooting/feeding day 1, dodging day 2, IQ:offense/defense/fast breaks/clearing day 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It definitely seems like teams are getting started earlier. 91 is going full force. And I hear legacy and Empire are too. Should be a competitive fall season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It definitely seems like teams are getting started earlier. 91 is going full force. And I hear legacy and Empire are too. Should be a competitive fall season.

Practice makes perfect....the saying goes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's perfectly fine to practice 2-3 days per week if there is no other sport involved. There is no burnout when you mix up the training during the week. Ex. shooting/feeding day 1, dodging day 2, IQ:offense/defense/fast breaks/clearing day 3

Lots of research against early specialization. That's fine for an in season schedule. But to have elementary school kids do that year round is essentially precluding them from other sports. Yes it's happening in other sports like soccer but it's not good for those kids either. I have 2 in high school and two younger ones. The club stuff and intense commitment is coming earlier and earlier. Very few kids benefit from that in the long run but it's a great way to create super teams in youth lax. I see some kids in high school viewing the game almost like a job rather than a passion. And those kids didn't start the club circuit until 5th/6th. I just think it's too much too soon. Maybe I'm the minority.

Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard