BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 86 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is a ridiculous statement, being recruited happens on a B team if you are at the right tournaments.

Uh no. Nobody is watching any B team no matter what the tournament is. Except the schools that are focused on B level talent, and that doesn't matter what the tournament is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca white=rec b players
Madlax= AA-a+
Rough would beat both

Correct. Roughriders 2020 are solid. FCA White is A...not AA, but not B either.

2020 Roughriders lost approx four top players to Looney's.

Heard 2021 ROugh Riders also lost some good kids to Bitmore.

4 solid players but were not the top players on RR and at least two left due to philosophy differences - one the assistant coaches son. Wondering If they will see much play time if Looneys did not replace anyone to bring them on as the 2020 Orange was a great team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roughriders is a weak program overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a ridiculous statement, being recruited happens on a B team if you are at the right tournaments.

Uh no. Nobody is watching any B team no matter what the tournament is. Except the schools that are focused on B level talent, and that doesn't matter what the tournament is.

Uh yeah, saw Loyola, Maryland, Hopkins, Furman all lined up watching some B teams at College Park over the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh yeah, saw Loyola, Maryland, Hopkins, Furman all lined up watching some B teams at College Park over the summer.

Sure you did. Please tell me what B teams Maryland and Hopkins were lined up to watch. Interested to see who you name since it will be a complete lie.

If there were any coaches there, it's because they were watching the previous game and hadn't packed up yet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca white=rec b players
Madlax= AA-a+
Rough would beat both

Correct. Roughriders 2020 are solid. FCA White is A...not AA, but not B either.

The original question was about high school B teams which 2020 is not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure you did. Please tell me what B teams Maryland and Hopkins were lined up to watch. Interested to see who you name since it will be a complete lie.

If there were any coaches there, it's because they were watching the previous game and hadn't packed up yet.

Hawks against Wolfpack, it was the first game of the day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. The coaches from Maryland and Hopkins were really there to see the Hawks B and Wolfpack teams. Especially that top tier Wolfpack program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right. The coaches from Maryland and Hopkins were really there to see the Hawks B and Wolfpack teams. Especially that top tier Wolfpack program.

You are right, I'm making the whole thing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Madlax just put out all there Fall tournaments for there teams this Fall. Lets start listing them by age and team and compare who has the best fall line up. I say start with 2017 and go down from there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely right - there can't possibly be any promise in B team players, they must be fully developed by 8th grade and not worth looking at. Just ask Rob Pannell...

Idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My main point is if you are in HS and playing on a "B" club team, the real liklihood of you getting recruited is pretty slim. I agree with you that spots on the top teams do not open very often but I've seen it and not just where kids have left but where some kids have just worked harder for the spot and beat out kids that had it for a long time...

I would love to see a list of "B" team players that have been recruited and by who. Not arguing just would like to see the list if there is one [/quote]

Don't have time or desire to research or make a list but off the top of my head I know 2 FCA White 2017s that were recruited to Navy and AF. They are on the Blue team now that they have committed but neither of them were on the Blue team when they got their initial looks from their schools.

Recruiting has become a "study" for some parents, a "money-maker" for some club coaches, and a "land grab" for some college coaches. Whole process is screwed up. If your kid is at the right tournament and he plays in way that fits a coaches prospective need, he will get a look... whatever team he is on. Belebe it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely right - there can't possibly be any promise in B team players, they must be fully developed by 8th grade and not worth looking at. Just ask Rob Pannell...

Idiot.

Or Kevin Buchanan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idiot.

Or Kevin Buchanan.

So quiet now - could we possibly have exorcised this thread from the idiot demons? Nothing more to say, genius that believes someone is fully developed by age 13 and Mr. "I was playing you all"? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Madlax 2024 team? Which is the best club for youth lacrosse? Madlax vs Next Level vs Bethesda vs Performance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Madlax 2024 team? Which is the best club for youth lacrosse? Madlax vs Next Level vs Bethesda vs Performance?

So 2024 means 4th grade, right? Are you seriously talking about who has the best 4th grade team? Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 4 teams above, which club does the best job teaching at teaching youth players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 4 teams above, which club does the best job teaching at teaching youth players?

Annapolis Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

"Of the 4 teams above (Madlax, Next Level, Bethesda, Performance), which club does the best job at teaching youth players"

Answer: Annapolis Hawks

Classic - clearly sports, not intellect, got you into college (if you went)...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

"Of the 4 teams above (Madlax, Next Level, Bethesda, Performance), which club does the best job at teaching youth players"

Actually Biff, I was a three time All American in five sports at Harvard and Yale before I rowed for Oxford

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

Actually Biff, I was a three time All American in five sports at Harvard and Yale before I rowed for Oxford

I'm sure you rode your unicorn to class there as well, right? moron...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

So it was sports then? Not even smart enough to make up stories to support the right argument comeback...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

you should take the broom out of your [lacrosse] and relax, it's just a joke Idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

So it was sports then? Not even smart enough to make up stories to support the right argument comeback...LOL

Obviously it was sports and don;t call it a comeback I've been here for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

Obviously it was sports and don;t call it a comeback I've been here for years

Nah - it wasn't sports either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks

you should take the broom out of your [lacrosse] and relax, it's just a joke Idiot

Good one! (don't quit your day job - those fries won't serve themselves)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is Bethesda or Madlax. Next Level is weak at just about every grade - except couple. Performance? They don't really have a Team Program at Youth Level - more for training - not teams. Bethesda is much larger youth program than any of these - and focuses only on youth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Performance does have teams at every grade. Not great talent overall yet, but they are run by good guys (unlike Madlax) and have good coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classic - clearly sports, not intellect, got you into college (if you went)... [/quote]

Actually Biff, I was a three time All American in five sports at Harvard and Yale before I rowed for Oxford[/quote]

I'm sure you rode your unicorn to class there as well, right? moron... [/quote]

you should take the broom out of your [lacrosse] and relax, it's just a joke Idiot[/quote]

Good one! (don't quit your day job - those fries won't serve themselves) [/quote]
funny, i can't serve the fries until you get them cooked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dads are weird.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Performance had about 50 kids at tryouts acrosse all grades. Bethesda had 500..... its a numbers game - Performance not a youth program for teams. not their fault - just is what is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually Biff, I was a three time All American in five sports at Harvard and Yale before I rowed for Oxford[/quote]

I'm sure you rode your unicorn to class there as well, right? moron... [/quote]

you should take the broom out of your [lacrosse] and relax, it's just a joke Idiot[/quote]

Good one! (don't quit your day job - those fries won't serve themselves) [/quote]
funny, i can't serve the fries until you get them cooked[/quote]

It would be nice if instead of this type of post, you posted something actually productive and lacrosse-related. Just a thought, since this is a lacrosse forum and all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Performance had about 50 kids at tryouts acrosse all grades. Bethesda had 500..... its a numbers game - Performance not a youth program for teams. not their fault - just is what is.

That is simply not true. Performance is trying the get a foothold in this market, but it was nowhere near that low for tryouts.

Bethesda does some good things, but it is a rec program. Nearly all the coaches are dads with good intentions, but not qualified to coach top level players. Madlax, VLC and Blackwolf are much better options if you can make their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is simply not true. Performance is trying the get a foothold in this market, but it was nowhere near that low for tryouts.

Bethesda does some good things, but it is a rec program. Nearly all the coaches are dads with good intentions, but not qualified to coach top level players. Madlax, VLC and Blackwolf are much better options if you can make their teams.

Note that VLC and Blackwolf are Norther VA based teams, though - they do not have a MD presence, just in case you all are looking for something in MD vice VA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Note that VLC and Blackwolf are Norther VA based teams, though - they do not have a MD presence, just in case you all are looking for something in MD vice VA.

That is true, but it's not like driving out to Montana. Both clubs have a lot of MD players on their teams, especially Blackwolf. Several players in this area also make the trek to play for the Crabs as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when is this big Blackwolf unveiling coming with the youth teams. They have great players and great teams. But this club has 3 teams maybe 4. But I can not tell you anything about them or where they plan to play. The website is useless. I think that is the marketing plan. Keep all the info to themselves and when your kid gets the invite to play for them. You think its so special and its invite only so I have to go play for them. This is working for them, they do get great players to play for them. But they are a very small club who plays and practices very little. At least that is what I hear from people who play for them. I would love to confirm this but the website is useless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is true, but it's not like driving out to Montana. Both clubs have a lot of MD players on their teams, especially Blackwolf. Several players in this area also make the trek to play for the Crabs as well.

Completely agree - my son is one of them! Some folks do not choose to spend hours in the car though, so wanted to mention that since it seemed like the OP was more focused on MD based clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when is this big Blackwolf unveiling coming with the youth teams. They have great players and great teams. But this club has 3 teams maybe 4. But I can not tell you anything about them or where they plan to play. The website is useless. I think that is the marketing plan. Keep all the info to themselves and when your kid gets the invite to play for them. You think its so special and its invite only so I have to go play for them. This is working for them, they do get great players to play for them. But they are a very small club who plays and practices very little. At least that is what I hear from people who play for them. I would love to confirm this but the website is useless.

Trig does not post rosters and team info on his website, but if you contact him, I'm sure he'd be happy to explain the schedule and such.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see. You mention:

- they have great players
- they have great teams
- it works for them

What is the issue? That their website doesn't meet your approval, despite the fact you are not affiliated with them? If you don't play for them, why would care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called trying to make a informed decision. I would like to compare clubs before I choose a place for my son.

Let's see. You mention:

- they have great players
- they have great teams
- it works for them

What is the issue? That their website doesn't meet your approval, despite the fact you are not affiliated with them? If you don't play for them, why would care?

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 86 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard