BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,930
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 327 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't know what the college coach tought about the 17 win streak, but to suggest it was meaningless, I guess it all depends upon who you are. To the parents on the blue, it meant everything. Not associated with the blue team and from that perspective I am glad they lost so we don't have to listen to the bragging anymore. Know how many times that win streak would get brought up? I think I even remember it brought up on this thread. So good, now we don't have to listen about it anymore, it's over!
And yet you keep talking about it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know what the college coach tought about the 17 win streak, but to suggest it was meaningless, I guess it all depends upon who you are. To the parents on the blue, it meant everything. Not associated with the blue team and from that perspective I am glad they lost so we don't have to listen to the bragging anymore. Know how many times that win streak would get brought up? I think I even remember it brought up on this thread. So good, now we don't have to listen about it anymore, it's over!

Yeah it's over ! But instead of resenting those girls for doing something special! Maybe you should applaud them for working hard and acheiving at a high level. Why the venom? I don't get the people that want kids to fail because they work hard and are successful! Does that make you feel better about your kids team or your kid who might not be as good? i love seeing players acheive at a high level.. Don't be so bitter! It is sooo immature!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah it's over ! But instead of resenting those girls for doing something special! Maybe you should applaud them for working hard and acheiving at a high level. Why the venom? I don't get the people that want kids to fail because they work hard and are successful! Does that make you feel better about your kids team or your kid who might not be as good? i love seeing players acheive at a high level.. Don't be so bitter! It is sooo immature!!!
Obviously your kids are not as good as you thought , so maybe you should keep the obnoxious comments to a minimum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats All Americans from YJ

Alyssa, Fleming — Defense (Shoreham-Wading River, NY) — (senior)
Bill, Maggie — Midfield (St. Anthony's, NY) — (junior)
Bruno, Alexandra — Attack (Garden City, NY/Garden City, NY) — Princeton
DiMartino, Denι — Midfield (Eastport-South Manor, NY) — (senior)
Dickinson, Catherine — Midfield (Garden City, NY/Garden City, NY) — Penn
Espositio, Christina — Midfield (West Babylon, NY) — (senior)
Fitzgerald, Caroline — Midfield (Mt. Siani, NY) — (junior)
Fortunato, Cortney — Attack (Northport, NY) — (junior)
Messina, Darcy — Attack (Sayville, NY/St. Anthony's, NY) 
Peragallo, Stephanie — Defense (NY/Happauge, NY) — Notre Dame
Ranftle, Taylor — Attack (Hauppauge, NY/Happauge, NY) — Virginia
de Lyra, Caroline — Midfield (Bay Shore, NY) — (senior)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class 2015 YJ does well at Lax by the Sea

2015 LM Champions
2015 Skak Semi-Finalist

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Food for thought? I am using this age group as an example. National Draw schedules are out and in years past teams like M&D 16 Black and YJ "Blue" Defoe would have matched up in the finals. Now because two "Blues", two "Golds" etc. schedulers don't know who the top YJ teams are. All of your top teams are in the same playoff brackets. Same goes for your other age groups.So THANKS CR you now made it a [lacrosse] of a lot easier for a lot of teams including your rivals to have an eaiser path to the finals.I don't want to hear that winning doesn't matter to the big YJ machine. Have at it other Long Island clubs this could be your year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Food for thought? I am using this age group as an example. National Draw schedules are out and in years past teams like M&D 16 Black and YJ "Blue" Defoe would have matched up in the finals. Now because two "Blues", two "Golds" etc. schedulers don't know who the top YJ teams are. All of your top teams are in the same playoff brackets. Same goes for your other age groups.So THANKS CR you now made it a [lacrosse] of a lot easier for a lot of teams including your rivals to have an eaiser path to the finals.I don't want to hear that winning doesn't matter to the big YJ machine. Have at it other Long Island clubs this could be your year.

You have it backwards, she hand picks her own schedules to ensure the teams have the easiest path to the finals. This only makes it hazy for other clubs, it is actually a large benifit to yj's and no one else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep dreaming Your clueless . Oh and you can play any of the YJ teams if ya have any ........ Looks like 2 blue teams are competitive in age 15 watch so are many others. Both 16 and 17 blue teams very competitive at OC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep dreaming Your clueless . Oh and you can play any of the YJ teams if ya have any ........ Looks like 2 blue teams are competitive in age 15 watch so are many others. Both 16 and 17 blue teams very competitive at OC

LI Elite ... stick a fork in it, it's done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The college coaches and the schedulers sure as [lacrosse] know who is the real blur team- but it does not really matter - the coaches are looking at individual kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow-did anybody else notice. We-Blue Skak-were schedule to play Top Guns Black at the National Draw, but the schedule was changed, we are still in the same bracket, but when the new schedule came out this morning, we are no longer playing each other. I heard rumors this went on, but never actually saw this happen before

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious qeustion... Do you really think a college coach is looking at a 2016 or 2017 player??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious qeustion... Do you really think a college coach is looking at a 2016 or 2017 player??

No. They are barely looking at the 2015 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What dose this mean?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Wow-did anybody else notice. We-Blue Skak-were schedule to play Top Guns Black at the National Draw, but the schedule was changed, we are still in the same bracket, but when the new schedule came out this morning, we are no longer playing each other. I heard rumors this went on, but never actually saw this happen before

When did you see YJ Blue Skak scheduled against TG Black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have it backwards, she hand picks her own schedules to ensure the teams have the easiest path to the finals. This only makes it hazy for other clubs, it is actually a large benifit to yj's and no one else

Give us an example you complete moron. Looking at the schedules it looks to me like you have no idea what you are talking about. Take the risers group for example , most of the traditionally stronger clubs ie steps and all the returning teams who made it out of their group last year MD black2016 , Suffolk allstars2016, YJ blue 2016 plus the other yj blue 2016, TG black2016 ,returning draw champions 2017 YJ blue are all in the upper half of the bracket. Getting to the finals will not be easy , some of these teams should have been moved to the other side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The schedules were set and online for several days then they sent an email out today that all the pools, brackets and games were changed. Reflects very poorly on the tournament organizers, what a scam.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The schedules were set and online for several days then they sent an email out today that all the pools, brackets and games were changed. Reflects very poorly on the tournament organizers, what a scam.

I checked Saturday when I was told the schedules were up, and at that time TG was not scheduled to play YJ. So when did you see TG vs. YJ scheduled? How long ago were schedules posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR moved as many of her teams as possible that were playing in TG brackets to another bracket - especilally the younger teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it was TG running away you have it backwards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I checked Saturday when I was told the schedules were up, and at that time TG was not scheduled to play YJ. So when did you see TG vs. YJ scheduled? How long ago were schedules posted?
They definitely were scheduled to play, yj's are trying to protect the "blue" brand and they would have had more than they could handle with top gun black, they're also trying to protect all the 2016-2020 teams that have way too many kids rostered to compete against some of the better clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was on National Draw website on Friday night and late last night, no schedules were posted. So unless they were up before Friday and then taken down again, this is just pot stirring nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They definitely were scheduled to play, yj's are trying to protect the "blue" brand and they would have had more than they could handle with top gun black, they're also trying to protect all the 2016-2020 teams that have way too many kids rostered to compete against some of the better clubs

Are you saying Top Guns Black would be the YJs REAL Blue (not the "B" Blue team)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She does not have to protect anything these teams are already out there and playing very well! The brand is not the color but the NAME yellow jackets you fools. They are much deeper than any club in the country with there second and third teams very competitive. Can TG, Liberty or any other club even compete with there second team vs YJ second team NOPE. Other clubs have NO DEPTH So YJ blue skak is there 2 team in age group making it to semifinals at one tourney and 2nd in division in another is very good. Even if they were to play TG first team at tourney they surely would give you a run for your money since you can't hang with YJ first team! What is your second team doing NOTHING compared to YJ.

kids and parents on TG 14 second team are miserable they can't win any games because why NO depth. YJ third team in lax inception undefeated. Now who is doing well as a whole YJ

Yea you may win a few games here and there against YJ but the YJ brand is alive and strong no matter what trash you spew on this website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule I saw shows the YJ 2018 Blue team personally coached by CR playing the 2018 TG Black team personally coached by Shannon Smith- that should be interesting

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"Just stirring up nonsense." Exactly what I was thinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She does not have to protect anything these teams are already out there and playing very well! The brand is not the color but the NAME yellow jackets you fools. They are much deeper than any club in the country with there second and third teams very competitive. Can TG, Liberty or any other club even compete with there second team vs YJ second team NOPE. Other clubs have NO DEPTH So YJ blue skak is there 2 team in age group making it to semifinals at one tourney and 2nd in division in another is very good. Even if they were to play TG first team at tourney they surely would give you a run for your money since you can't hang with YJ first team! What is your second team doing NOTHING compared to YJ.

kids and parents on TG 14 second team are miserable they can't win any games because why NO depth. YJ third team in lax inception undefeated. Now who is doing well as a whole YJ

Yea you may win a few games here and there against YJ but the YJ brand is alive and strong no matter what trash you spew on this website.

All you people are nuts. Directors put individual teams is brackets that they believe that team will be competitive in according to the teams skill level. To say the third Y.J. team did better in a tourney then a first team T.G. team is nonsense . The first team T.G. team is going against a lot more talented girls. To be quite honest both Liberty Black, and Top Guns Black, would probably beat the Y.J. new blue team in most age groups (and yes that includes 2015). but that is all opinion until the play. Last week in PA. liberty Black went 2wins and 2 losses in the champions division (A division) , and Top guns Black won the tourney in the elite division (B division). and all that means is that Liberty played tougher competition , i.e. the team that beat you're mighty blue machine . What it really means is that once you get to the 9th grade level and above, any team can beat any other team on any day, and that makes for great lacrosse , so just enjoy it

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I believe CageSage has repeatedly pointed out that colleges don't follow a brand, they scout individual players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule I saw shows the YJ 2018 Blue team personally coached by CR playing the 2018 TG Black team personally coached by Shannon Smith- that should be interesting

That was a game not originally scheduled in the first release of the tournament schedule, they weren't even in the same pool. It's actually really bad scheduling by national draw to put two strong teams in the same pool where they can advance out and meet in the playoffs. There was obviously manipulating going on to set that game up, maybe just to be sure the two teams got to play each other, who knows who pushed to get it setup, who cares, should be a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe CageSage has repeatedly pointed out that colleges don't follow a brand, they scout individual players.

While there is some truth to that, it doesn't tell the whole story. They may follow individual players, but you have a much better chance of being followed being on a top YJ team ( or other Top teams) with a recommendation from CR than you would on a team with less quality players on it. Would you rather spend an hour scouting 5 or 6 kids or 1? If you don't think that it means something to the coaches that you have played on a Top team that has been battle tested tournament after tournament you are missing the boat. I am not saying you can't get recruited to a great school if you are not (save the individual examples) on a Top team, you just have a better chance. Especially with YJ blue.. A quote From one top D1 coach, " If I get an email from a kid on YJ blue I take notice, I don't care what HS they are from".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then good for YJ that she expanded her blue player pool!! Great move CR because there are a lot of talented kids in your program!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While there is some truth to that, it doesn't tell the whole story. They may follow individual players, but you have a much better chance of being followed being on a top YJ team ( or other Top teams) with a recommendation from CR than you would on a team with less quality players on it. Would you rather spend an hour scouting 5 or 6 kids or 1? If you don't think that it means something to the coaches that you have played on a Top team that has been battle tested tournament after tournament you are missing the boat. I am not saying you can't get recruited to a great school if you are not (save the individual examples) on a Top team, you just have a better chance. Especially with YJ blue.. A quote From one top D1 coach, " If I get an email from a kid on YJ blue I take notice, I don't care what HS they are from".

But then the coach's next question will likely be "Which blue team are we talking about, the REAL blue, or "Blue B"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
But then the coach's next question will likely be "Which blue team are we talking about, the REAL blue, or "Blue B"
Actually, no. The college coach's first questions will be "What is your GPA?" and "How were your Board Scores?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That gave me a chuckle! You are so right- I think people start to lose sight as to what is really important - playing great lacrosse , getting a committment is all great but when your 35-40 years old a prospective employeer isn't gonna give a crap whether or not you played on blue, black yellow or purple - they probably won't even know what the [lacrosse] your talking about!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that would be YJ - C ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The colleges coaches know exactly who they are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then good for YJ that she expanded her blue player pool!! Great move CR because there are a lot of talented kids in your program!
Have another koolade and keep writing the checks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Actually, no. The college coach's first questions will be "What is your GPA?" and "How were your Board Scores?"
Rumour has it that Larry Miller might be at National Draw this weekend, any truth to that?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Rumour has it that Larry Miller might be at National Draw this weekend, any truth to that?
[Linked Image]No. He will be Fourth of July shopping for the Yellow Jackets senior brass ... Victoria's Secret will be unveiling their new Fall 2012 Lacrosse outfits.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]No. He will be Fourth of July shopping for the Yellow Jackets senior brass ... Victoria's Secret will be unveiling their new Fall 2012 Lacrosse outfits.

Cage Sage, you spoiled my surprise, but doesn't Carol Rose look great in the new Yellow Jackets uniform?

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 327 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard