BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 73 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said! I've always believed what you say here. Hopfully some of the nut jobs out there actually read & absorb what you say. THANK YOU!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranking young athletes?? Why and for whom?
After playing 14 seasons in the NBA and coaching three NBA teams, John Lucas now works with kids ranging from fourth grade to the pro level and runs camps throughout the United States. To him, ranking young kids makes no sense.
"If you're the best fourth-grader in the world, you know what that means?" Lucas said. "You get to go to the fifth grade. And guess what happens in the fifth or sixth grade. You may not grow.”
Enjoy the journey - don’t be in a hurry to get ahead of the natural process - young kids don’t need to be put on pedestals based on current talent. If they are good enough when they are high school, they will be found.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just wait-- you didn't get the email from Expresss telling you what you owe for all those extra tournaments. If it says on the website you get 5 tournaments included in your tuition -- and you play in 10 tournaments-- you are not getting 5 free tournaments. And you don't have to believe me. You'll find out soon enough

Fine with me. More than happy to kick in extra for more tourneys. I might end up paying 3k but for 10 tourneys vs the 5 igloo does in the summer.

Wait a second, everybody knows the kids learn more in practice but the games are more fun. You think its good to do 5 fall tournaments? And how can you do that many and avoid getting beat up by the Pack or Taz... You guys are nuts, fall lacrosse is like pre season baseball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10 tournaments for 4th graders? You're spending $3k so you can win as 9 year olds only to burn them out by 15. Crazy. You may say "my kid loves it" and they might. But if you offered them ice cream for dinner every night they'd be happy until one day they decide I'm done with ice cream. Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, everything gets beyond twisted here. Express is playing in THREE fall tourneys, NOT FIVE. And a good amount of practices are setup. They will not be burnt out on their schedule. And yes, they probably will be beat by the PAC & Taz but they will play other teams as well. Practice and games combined will only make them get better and have fun. Which is what the game is about.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am old and still like Ice cream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, everything gets beyond twisted here. Express is playing in THREE fall tourneys, NOT FIVE. And a good amount of practices are setup. They will not be burnt out on their schedule. And yes, they probably will be beat by the PAC & Taz but they will play other teams as well. Practice and games combined will only make them get better and have fun. Which is what the game is about.

2022 Express play five fall tourneys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo doesn't charge for extra games they setup at their fields, they pay the refs they hire, they line the fields, nothing else is asked of us financially. See your all missing the point. All you see is 3K, and that makes you blind to the fact that you will spend more with Legacy, 91, and Express. Once you do their winter indoor practices, and buy all their stuff, and oh yeah go to all the extra tournaments you will spend more then 4K... check your receipts. All in all Igloo is the best value, and if you can't see that, then your not comparing apple and apples. Thanks but no thanks; I take the transparency I get with Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope,

The game at the travel level is really about winning. It hasn't been about fun since you signed them up and paid cash for that first coaches clinic.

And three tourneys sounds like you are trying to keep up with the Pack, and those guys are nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo doesn't charge for extra games they setup at their fields, they pay the refs they hire, they line the fields, nothing else is asked of us financially. See your all missing the point. All you see is 3K, and that makes you blind to the fact that you will spend more with Legacy, 91, and Express. Once you do their winter indoor practices, and buy all their stuff, and oh yeah go to all the extra tournaments you will spend more then 4K... check your receipts. All in all Igloo is the best value, and if you can't see that, then your not comparing apple and apples. Thanks but no thanks; I take the transparency I get with Igloo.

Hey, my kid plays for the other guys, and it absolutely costs 3 to 4 K. So stop kidding yourselves people.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apples to,apples express will be 3k but you will get a lot more than igloo. Also no comparison for winter training. There is no better facility than st anthonys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo doesn't charge for extra games they setup at their fields, they pay the refs they hire, they line the fields, nothing else is asked of us financially. See your all missing the point. All you see is 3K, and that makes you blind to the fact that you will spend more with Legacy, 91, and Express. Once you do their winter indoor practices, and buy all their stuff, and oh yeah Schwalje to all the extra tournaments you will spend more then 4K... check your receipts. All in all Igloo is the best value, and if you can't see that, then your not comparing apple and apples. Thanks but no thanks; I take the transparency I get with Igloo.

Apples to,apples express will be 3k but you will get a lot more than igloo. Also no comparison for winter training. There is no better facility than st anthonys.

But Express is going to have two B, I mean A Teams. And St.A's is the Catholic School B Team too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huge believer in being around the ball as much as possible. Fall/Winter good time to do it. . I would rather him be at a 90 minute practice with 50+ touches then at a all day tourny where it will be less. Dramatically. They can let that guide there way to a successful spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What your not getting is an A team. Bottom line. So pull those socks up to where the Drill sergeant wants them, line those bags up in # order and go out there and lose 11-2. Yeah great program. More ego and control than Lacrosse. Left the program because I pay for lacrosse not and OCD program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Express was over 5k
2022 Express was OVER 4k.
was Told tuiton was $2400
Extra shooting clinics, $60
Extra tourneys $100
And MC makes you feel like your son will be slighted if you miss.
Practices on Sundays this fall. Several kids play football and travel soccer, MC doesnt care.
Oh, and dont worry if you dont have cash, his iPhone has a credit card swipe attachment for your convenience!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is one of the most ridiculous comments. That's like saying if you get the best Jordan's money can buy you will play like you're in the NBA. It doesn't matter if you're practicing on a dirt elementary field or Klockner Stadium. If you don't have committed coaches that are capable of bringing out the best from their players and a talented team that pushes their teammates you aren't going to get very far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is one of the most ridiculous comments. That's like saying if you get the best Jordan's money can buy you will play like you're in the NBA. It doesn't matter if you're practicing on a dirt elementary field or Klockner Stadium. If you don't have committed coaches that are capable of bringing out the best from their players and a talented team that pushes their teammates you aren't going to get very far.

Right, and all 3 teams have committed coaches so it's time to move on. The boys on all 3 teams will get better this year and that is really what it is about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this a 2024 thread? The base price for 2024 is under $2K. Maybe with everything additional it'll be $3K. Stop ranting about 2021 & 2022. At that age they do do a lot more and they should and it should cost more. If a child in 2024 wants more he has the option to take on more clinics. And that under $2K price includes a helmet. 91 is so much more money, has less tournaments, less practice & a "discount" for the helmet. Express is fairly priced compared to the other clubs. Plus the coaches are great. I know I signed my son up because of the coaches not the name "Express" 1 or 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, and all 3 teams have committed coaches so it's time to move on. The boys on all 3 teams will get better this year and that is really what it is about.

But who will get better faster? This is a business where measurement occurs at all times ultimately presenting itself as wins and losses. Even with the worst coaching they will improve, but if your son is an A level player, you might want to take the training wheels off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't this a 2024 thread? The base price for 2024 is under $2K. Maybe with everything additional it'll be $3K. Stop ranting about 2021 & 2022. At that age they do do a lot more and they should and it should cost more. If a child in 2024 wants more he has the option to take on more clinics. And that under $2K price includes a helmet. 91 is so much more money, has less tournaments, less practice & a "discount" for the helmet. Express is fairly priced compared to the other clubs. Plus the coaches are great. I know I signed my son up because of the coaches not the name "Express" 1 or 2.

Look, you know full well that the boys get better when they play with better kids that's why there are A and B Teams. As a parent, you must put your boy on the best team that he is suited for (A or B)otherwise you are stunting his growth. If your kid is on the best player on a poor team, even with the best coach it doesn't work. If you put your boy on the middle of the pack team with a poor coach then you should move on. You just have to find the absolute best team and coach combination that suits your boy. You have to do the right thing, even if it is a leap of faith. your boy can surely step it up, they all can do more than you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are acting like Igloo is the gold standard. They clearly are not. They lost a ton of games last year and for the most part parents were disappointed that they weren't better. Sure, they won that last B tourney but they have a ton of work to do before you start anointing them one of the best. Since they are not playing in the fall the Express teams will see them at Pro Player. Good luck to your boys with their fall and winter training.

But who will get better faster? This is a business where measurement occurs at all times ultimately presenting itself as wins and losses. Even with the worst coaching they will improve, but if your son is an A level player, you might want to take the training wheels off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worst subject course ever. At the end of the day all the teams come out to even money. No doubt. Enjoy it and stop the complaining. All of our boys are lucky to be on a travel team - no matter which one.
Sometimes I wonder if it's one guy going back and forth with himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worst subject course ever. At the end of the day all the teams come out to even money. No doubt. Enjoy it and stop the complaining. All of our boys are lucky to be on a travel team - no matter which one.
Sometimes I wonder if it's one guy going back and forth with himself.

Maybe it is you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Express was over 5k
2022 Express was OVER 4k.
was Told tuiton was $2400
Extra shooting clinics, $60
Extra tourneys $100
And MC makes you feel like your son will be slighted if you miss.
Practices on Sundays this fall. Several kids play football and travel soccer, MC doesnt care.
Oh, and dont worry if you dont have cash, his iPhone has a credit card swipe attachment for your convenience!

Don't forget about all the soap and water you're going to need to buy for after every time you talk to the guy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love the flasher jacket they wear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love the flasher jacket they wear

Makes it easier to hose off!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all a cash grab!! It doesn't even matter at this level. Keep spending that money & buying Little Johnny his $60 Express hoodie. No one gives a sh*t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, there is travel Hockey ( which is more expensive and travels more), travel basketball, baseball, and soccer. Name the sport, there is travel at the youth level. They are all expensive and a cash play, but that is the time we live in. The days of the kids getting on a bike and ridding to the school yard to play and returning at dinnertime are long gone. Most of us are just trying to keep the kids engaged at a sport they enjoy and excel at. If little johnny his sweatshirt with his matching socks, so be it. Why deter him ? there are worse things our kids could be involved in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard this weekend of a year round travel wrestling program, what is this world coming to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hockey? Wrestling? Isn't this a lax board???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything else that we send our kids to is run and administered by specialists who are earning a living off of what they are providing our kids. School, doctor, orthodontist, barber, etc. I have no problem with adding lacrosse to this list and having my children receive services from paid specialists. And I have no aspirations of them getting college money or becoming the next Paul Rabil. I just want them to be a part of something that occupies their time in a constructive and healthy way. They love playing, and travel lacrosse mainly occupies space not necessarily taken by other sports played by them. It will also help them get better and perform better for their town, and ultimately, at high school, where without the extra development from the club team, they might not even be good enough to play, and the last thing I need is loads of idle time while they are teenagers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything else that we send our kids to is run and administered by specialists who are earning a living off of what they are providing our kids. School, doctor, orthodontist, barber, etc. I have no problem with adding lacrosse to this list and having my children receive services from paid specialists. And I have no aspirations of them getting college money or becoming the next Paul Rabil. I just want them to be a part of something that occupies their time in a constructive and healthy way. They love playing, and travel lacrosse mainly occupies space not necessarily taken by other sports played by them. It will also help them get better and perform better for their town, and ultimately, at high school, where without the extra development from the club team, they might not even be good enough to play, and the last thing I need is loads of idle time while they are teenagers.

Great post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any TOWN 2024 teams that would like to schedule a scrimmage with a south shore Nassau PAL team pls reach out. thanks
cappy105@aol.com

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any TOWN 2024 teams that would like to schedule a scrimmage with a south shore Nassau PAL team pls reach out. thanks
cappy105@aol.com

Please post this in the tryout, scrimmage thread. You will need to sign in. I will leave this up for a bit but then it will be deleted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are the 2024's out there doing. Express first to put on site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shouldn't they have waited to see where TAZ and Pack were going so they could take them on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shouldn't they have waited to see where TAZ and Pack were going so they could take them on?

I'm sure the Pack is playing havoc. Taz will do their own pumpkin classic.

It's nice that Expesss posted the tourneys early. I wonder when Igloo will post their fall tourney schedule; oh wait....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see both Express teams in Havoc, so which team is the A team and which will play in the B bracket and which team is in the B bracket? Are they both A or B, I guess we can tell by who gets the worst beating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the Pack is playing havoc. Taz will do their own pumpkin classic.

It's nice that Expesss posted the tourneys early. I wonder when Igloo will post their fall tourney schedule; oh wait....

dont have to wait Igloo hater...they have a fall tourny, just not overkill like some others. Enjoy getting pounded in yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see both Express teams in Havoc, so which team is the A team and which will play in the B bracket and which team is in the B bracket? Are they both A or B, I guess we can tell by who gets the worst beating.

I guess we will find out at Havoc what team is better. I still think both are B teams though since everyone that is not the Pack or Taz is considered B. Maybe another team steps up this year but I doubt it.

Page 15 of 73 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard