BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Well said!! Tony Alexander runs a great program. Cares about All his teams. Very genuine, caring, professional guy. Who cares who wins at these young ages. Let the kids learn the game and improve each year. When they go to prospect college days in 10th grade nowhere does it say how many games did your travel team in 6 7th grade win? lol Enjoy watching your son play time goes by very fast.

Okay I dont know this guy from a hole in the head. That being said, here is my honest advice in travel, screw the coach and the team, have your kid get what they can. I know it makes me sound like a douchbag and a POS. But every year coaches talk about "Band of Brothers" " we are a family" "put the team first" Lets be honest, 4 or 5 of those kids he is speaking to will be cut loose at the end of the season , no family, no loyalty period. Its just the truth. Better a child understands the truth, if your dont make us better, or somebody else can make us better, we will throw you away like a used dishcloth. And that is okay , we live in a tough world. But what your kid should learn, be it he be the one cut or its his teammate who he played elevator tag with is that if you dont perform they get rid of you, the "loyalty family" thing is just a way for the coach to get you to play the way he wants instead of playing selfishly. First and foremost, do everything you can to get yourself better on the field PERIOD, look our for yourself.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT! Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is correct but there is more to it than this. The situation is two sided. In a perfect world, a group of kids would start off together and play as a team through HS. The problem is that the kids who begin to excel are now too good for that team and are lured away. These decisions to leave are generally made by adults, not the kids. If you asked a kid about who he would rather play with, his friends or a bunch he doesn't know, he will take his friends every time. (Of course the new teammates will become his friends in a short period of time). This is where the program directors and coaches are in a difficult spot. If you don't improve your team each year by upgrading those bottom 3-5 kids, you may lose the top 3-5 because your team isn't "good enough".
This is the environment adults have created, like it or not. Unfortunately, the days of kids and programs being able to show loyalty to each other appears to be over. It is now a matter of keeping up in order to survive for the program and parents looking for greener pastures if things are not exactly what they are looking for. It is now strictly business for both sides.

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Well said!! Tony Alexander runs a great program. Cares about All his teams. Very genuine, caring, professional guy. Who cares who wins at these young ages. Let the kids learn the game and improve each year. When they go to prospect college days in 10th grade nowhere does it say how many games did your travel team in 6 7th grade win? lol Enjoy watching your son play time goes by very fast.

Okay I dont know this guy from a hole in the head. That being said, here is my honest advice in travel, screw the coach and the team, have your kid get what they can. I know it makes me sound like a douchbag and a POS. But every year coaches talk about "Band of Brothers" " we are a family" "put the team first" Lets be honest, 4 or 5 of those kids he is speaking to will be cut loose at the end of the season , no family, no loyalty period. Its just the truth. Better a child understands the truth, if your dont make us better, or somebody else can make us better, we will throw you away like a used dishcloth. And that is okay , we live in a tough world. But what your kid should learn, be it he be the one cut or its his teammate who he played elevator tag with is that if you dont perform they get rid of you, the "loyalty family" thing is just a way for the coach to get you to play the way he wants instead of playing selfishly. First and foremost, do everything you can to get yourself better on the field PERIOD, look our for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Although not all are lured away. Some are forced away from the town because of the local cronies and politics running the local lax program - which was hurting the natural friendships to begin with!

This post is correct but there is more to it than this. The situation is two sided. In a perfect world, a group of kids would start off together and play as a team through HS. The problem is that the kids who begin to excel are now too good for that team and are lured away. These decisions to leave are generally made by adults, not the kids. If you asked a kid about who he would rather play with, his friends or a bunch he doesn't know, he will take his friends every time. (Of course the new teammates will become his friends in a short period of time). This is where the program directors and coaches are in a difficult spot. If you don't improve your team each year by upgrading those bottom 3-5 kids, you may lose the top 3-5 because your team isn't "good enough".
This is the environment adults have created, like it or not. Unfortunately, the days of kids and programs being able to show loyalty to each other appears to be over. It is now a matter of keeping up in order to survive for the program and parents looking for greener pastures if things are not exactly what they are looking for. It is now strictly business for both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it has been strictly business for the programs for quite a while. Charging 2-3k a season made it that way. The parents of the better kids don't want to shell out that kind of money and not have their kids challenged at practice. Can you blame them? That's what PAL is for. It's a shame but it is not going back any time soon.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone post who the coachs are for 91,Igloo,Icon and express.
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks

How about you go on their web sites? How lazy can you be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that a lot of high-end clubs not say on their websites what tournaments they are going to attend?

It's pretty common for some clubs and a nice way to evaluate a club or, in some cases, to know that a given tournament is going to have good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that a lot of high-end clubs not say on their websites what tournaments they are going to attend?

It's pretty common for some clubs and a nice way to evaluate a club or, in some cases, to know that a given tournament is going to have good competition.

It's because many don't want to face certain other teams that they may lose to, thereby reducing their stock!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO

Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's because many don't want to face certain other teams that they may lose to, thereby reducing their stock!

I know that 91 and Legacy do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Bluefish start calling for this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bluefish results are on the website by pinnie number, and yes they called and emailed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very ignorant to think only Long Island teams will go to Denver. Watch out for several teams fron Ct, HUdson Valley and Rochester area, more specifically Eclipse, Primetime and Victor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very ignorant to think only Long Island teams will go to Denver. Watch out for several teams fron Ct, HUdson Valley and Rochester area, more specifically Eclipse, Primetime and Victor.

Not very ignorant at all, just very astute. LI teams will be the odds on favorites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Black ice and Eclipse CT
Should be the 2 powers U13

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not be to quick to automatically think Igloo will be Top this upcoming season. 91 has put together a powerhouse team , with powerhouse coaching . The new addition of a familiar coach will properly set the tone of Winning it all !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not be to quick to automatically think Igloo will be Top this upcoming season. 91 has put together a powerhouse team , with powerhouse coaching . The new addition of a familiar coach will properly set the tone of Winning it all !

Who is this powerhouse of a coach? Will igloo need kryptonite ? Is it the man of steel ....Look its a bird its a plan its SUPER COACH !!!!! Teacher by day Super Coach at night ....will he get changed in the porta potties? Will they get it right this year and finally beat The igloos and if they do what does it really mean .........NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is this 91 powerhouse of a coach? Will igloo need kryptonite ? Is it the man of steel ....Look its a bird its a plan its SUPER COACH !!!!! Teacher by day Super Coach at night ....will he get changed in the porta potties? Will they get it right this year and finally beat The igloos and if they do what does it really mean .........NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think when anyone would look at the coaching for the 2021 teams I would think no one could compare to the staff at Icon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think when anyone would look at the coaching for the 2021 teams I would think no one could compare to the staff at Icon.

NON ICON PARENT AND I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE THEY ARE ICONS IN THE SPORT OF LACROSSE

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Everyone knows Long Island is the mecca of lacrosse. Just saying Long Island Express & 91 were not so dominant last season. I agree with Black Ice and Icon both were top notch.

As for PT & Eclipse they both have new talent and are playing year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. I'm new to this Board. My son came home from middle school and said he wants to try lacrosse. He hasn't played sports in a couple of years but was OK at baseball. I've read the posts and it seems like the best teams are Igloo Black Ice and Icon Orange. Would these be good teams for him? How do i sign him up? What is a good stick? Any information is appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo yes, not to sure about Eclipse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all. I'm new to this Board. My son came home from middle school and said he wants to try lacrosse. He hasn't played sports in a couple of years but was OK at baseball. I've read the posts and it seems like the best teams are Igloo Black Ice and Icon Orange. Would these be good teams for him? How do i sign him up? What is a good stick? Any information is appreciated.

Very funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tycotian
Everyone knows Long Island is the mecca of lacrosse. Just saying Long Island Express & 91 were not so dominant last season. I agree with Black Ice and Icon both were top notch.

As for PT & Eclipse they both have new talent and are playing year round.

What tournaments did you see Express play in?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Super series & lax clash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tycotian
Super series & lax clash

Was Super series NLF?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes NLF. They were good but not great. They played laxachusettes and HHH in tight games won one and lost one. HHH has one great player and after that they are average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Legacy is having Tryouts for 2021 again ? Multiple sources tell me those teams are already full.My understanding is that they are pretty much full BOC took a certain organization tot eh woodshed and banned them for unethical behavior and ripping people off. I applaud them for this. But will other organization be held to the same scrutiny ? Charging people for tryouts and getting kids hopes up when there are no positions open is a pure money grab. Other organizations at this point will post , our X team needs a Middy, our Y team needs a d pole and Goalie . Call if you are interested. To have a trout where several hundred people show up for maybe 3 overall spots in the entire organization seems pretty crappy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Legacy is having Tryouts for 2021 again ? Multiple sources tell me those teams are already full.My understanding is that they are pretty much full BOC took a certain organization tot eh woodshed and banned them for unethical behavior and ripping people off. I applaud them for this. But will other organization be held to the same scrutiny ? Charging people for tryouts and getting kids hopes up when there are no positions open is a pure money grab. Other organizations at this point will post , our X team needs a Middy, our Y team needs a d pole and Goalie . Call if you are interested. To have a trout where several hundred people show up for maybe 3 overall spots in the entire organization seems pretty crappy

Last year they had 3 teams at this age so keep that in mind before you go after anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year they had 3 teams at this age so keep that in mind before you go after anyone.
My understanding is that they are not having 3 teams. They announced as much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have confirmed that they will only have 2 teams this year. Don't forget to visit the gift shop and sign up for the golf tournament. The raincoats are on sale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Rising Sons player join Igloo yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh, u must be joking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have confirmed that they will only have 2 teams this year. Don't forget to visit the gift shop and sign up for the golf tournament. The raincoats are on sale.

Raincoats!1 I am in...What else is on sale??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Raincoats!1 I am in...What else is on sale??

Kool aid, lots of Kool aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um yeah, sure those igloo parents are thrilled. He will make 1/3 of the practices.Probably no winter skills since their during the week and will start at attack.
Did the Rising Sons player join Igloo yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joking cmon man ESPN2 all day.
Huh, u must be joking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joking cmon man ESPN2 all day.
Huh, u must be joking?

He lives way more than 100 miles from their home field. That is a rule in Denver. He can't play

Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard