BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 47 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe these families wanted to go where there was not a dad coaching the team????

Discounting a coach because he happens to be a players Dad is a mistake. My kids have had All American college players as coaches who couldn't run a practice and showed up to tournaments hung over and late for games (I coached half a game at one tournament until he arrived) and they have had Dads as coaches who were excellent. Be open minded and talk with the coach to get an idea of his commitment level and knowledge.

I couldn't agree more. My little guy's coach didn't play college lacrosse and he is a fantastic coach. He is dedicated, knowledgable and creative in practice. The kids love him and his assistant and they have improved beyond my expectations.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe these families wanted to go where there was not a dad coaching the team????

Discounting a coach because he happens to be a players Dad is a mistake. My kids have had All American college players as coaches who couldn't run a practice and showed up to tournaments hung over and late for games (I coached half a game at one tournament until he arrived) and they have had Dads as coaches who were excellent. Be open minded and talk with the coach to get an idea of his commitment level and knowledge.

You were very lucky. I have only been in situations where the Coaches son plays over others who are more deserving. If you are paying the money and you made the team you should play over "Daddy's kid". On the other hand, a positive to parent coaching is that the team has more practices because the parent has more invested in the team with a child playing. I am trying to go the no Daddy route or find a team where my kid and the coaches son doesn't play same position.

I couldn't agree more. My little guy's coach didn't play college lacrosse and he is a fantastic coach. He is dedicated, knowledgable and creative in practice. The kids love him and his assistant and they have improved beyond my expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why the jump on that Legacy dad? Wasn't the "Team Mom" doing most of the calling of players parents to get them move over with the Smithtown guys to the Outlaws? I have to question why the Outlaws and not Express like his St. Anthony's teammates? Bad parent blood there? Don't worry, by now I think the St. Anthony's staff knows what he is all about. Better go to confession.

Probably calling and emailing for month to everyone involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this thread on legacy/outlaws is getting old..not all of the st ants players are going to express. 2 or 3 so far, maybe more but not "all". and really who cares? why not move teams if you think it is a better fit. why would nt you have your son tryout for other teams. why are the 2 dads getting bashed. they re doing what is best for their kids. also there are a lot of side conversations with a director or coach we are not privy too. give the guys a break. if they are such bad people they have certainly done something right their sons are good kids. so enough already. cant complain about someone leaving then in same breath say good riddance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ditto.. both good dads
this thread on legacy/outlaws is getting old..not all of the st ants players are going to express. 2 or 3 so far, maybe more but not "all". and really who cares? why not move teams if you think it is a better fit. why would nt you have your son tryout for other teams. why are the 2 dads getting bashed. they re doing what is best for their kids. also there are a lot of side conversations with a director or coach we are not privy too. give the guys a break. if they are such bad people they have certainly done something right their sons are good kids. so enough already. cant complain about someone leaving then in same breath say good riddance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were very lucky. I have only been in situations where the Coaches son plays over others who are more deserving. If you are paying the money and you made the team you should play over "Daddy's kid". On the other hand, a positive to parent coaching is that the team has more practices because the parent has more invested in the team with a child playing. I am trying to go the no Daddy route or find a team where my kid and the coaches son doesn't play same position.

I have been one of those DAD/COACH for 6 years and I can tell you that my son didn't start or play man up when we had better players then him. I told him very directly that if he wants to play more, he has to work hard like the other boys and earn his spot. not every dad/coach is bad, sure some might be but don't put us all in that category. Now he is coached by someone else and he has put in his time working out and has been a starter ever since. I am guessing he probably wished he had a different coach over the past few years-haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have been one of those DAD/COACH for 6 years and I can tell you that my son didn't start or play man up when we had better players then him. I told him very directly that if he wants to play more, he has to work hard like the other boys and earn his spot. not every dad/coach is bad, sure some might be but don't put us all in that category. Now he is coached by someone else and he has put in his time working out and has been a starter ever since. I am guessing he probably wished he had a different coach over the past few years-haha

Kudos to you and your son. I don't think it is a blanket statement. I am sure there are plenty of coaches like you out there. I am also sure you know a few like what people are saying. There is good and bad in every walk of life. Steering clear or towards the right choice is worth doing your homework on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been a Dad/Coach for both Town and Club teams for the last 8 years and I have never favored my sons. Fact is, I probably pay less attention to them than I should and I am far more critical of them. Hopefully the vast majority of parents have been happy with my coaching style and I know the kids have developed under my guidance. Give Coach/Dads a fair chance to prove themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best of the best dotn all spedn money to do the 3d camps. TMy sons HS coach gave him a recommendation for the blue chip camp. If your good your good, no need to spend the $$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish selections are out on website...koodos to the staff for posting player numbers who made it, this was the "full disclosure" I was referring to a few weeks ago, this is the only why a parent can compare their kids play against others...if kids who didn't 't stand out over their own kids make it, at least it all out there to see, and the consoling is made easier, integrity asked for and received, .good luck all, your off to a decent start in this parents eyes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish selections are out on website...koodos to the staff for posting player numbers who made it, this was the "full disclosure" I was referring to a few weeks ago, this is the only why a parent can compare their kids play against others...if kids who didn't 't stand out over their own kids make it, at least it all out there to see, and the consoling is made easier, integrity asked for and received, .good luck all, your off to a decent start in this parents eyes

Who looks at other kids numbers ..I can't even remember my own sons number so your point makes no sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish selections are out on website...koodos to the staff for posting player numbers who made it, this was the "full disclosure" I was referring to a few weeks ago, this is the only why a parent can compare their kids play against others...if kids who didn't 't stand out over their own kids make it, at least it all out there to see, and the consoling is made easier, integrity asked for and received, good luck all, your off to a decent start in this parents eyes

Oh man, I should of tried out they list kids by numbers here on website. Give me a break know you can tell which kid only showed up once and got invite. Good luck to all of you your gonna need it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who looks at other kids numbers ..I can't even remember my own sons number so your point makes no sense

Some do remember numbers of kids competing with their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to remember to bring pen and paper to a tryout next year and write the number of all the kids who were better then my son .. But I guess in your case the answer is none so no need

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess your kid made it. Do you think no other club posts the tryout piney #'s on the website ? You must be new ? I'm glad your happy. More importantly , I hope your son is happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, I agree. I always commit to memory a few of the numbers of the standout kids, strengths and weaknesses and then ultimately look to see if they accepted spot or not, your business if your just passively spending your time and $$$ at these tryouts...sizing up the competition is part of sports, getting a feel for who is skilled or not and how to approach playing them at the next tryout date is how your kid produces an edge for himself...or maybe just wing it and hope for the best is your plan for success? Solid preparation there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, I agree. I always commit to memory a few of the numbers of the standout kids, strengths and weaknesses and then ultimately look to see if they accepted spot or not, your business if your just passively spending your time and $$$ at these tryouts...sizing up the competition is part of sports, getting a feel for who is skilled or not and how to approach playing them at the next tryout date is how your kid produces an edge for himself...or maybe just wing it and hope for the best is your plan for success? Solid preparation there...

That's a nice sarcastic answer I love it..you put him in his place

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is just a game people!! A very small part of life!! You people take this way to seriously!! How about letting the kids play a sport and have fun with it. Scholarships?? They are very far and few between and if you are lucky enough to get one it is for a fraction of the cost of a year of college. Some of you spend more money (thousands) trying to get one that you could have used all that money for college. How about academic scholarship? A lot cheaper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any information on Revolution

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their website has them having 1 more tryout for 2019 team this weekend and they say they have a few spots still open. Goalie, LSM and midfield.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANY 2019 LONG ISLAND COMMITS YET.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do either of these teams have a good reputation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their website has them having 1 more tryout for 2019 team this weekend and they say they have a few spots still open. Goalie, LSM and midfield.

Are these positions needed for their A or B team.does anyone know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is just a game people!! A very small part of life!! You people take this way to seriously!! How about letting the kids play a sport and have fun with it. Scholarships?? They are very far and few between and if you are lucky enough to get one it is for a fraction of the cost of a year of college. Some of you spend more money (thousands) trying to get one that you could have used all that money for college. How about academic scholarship? A lot cheaper.

At 2019, I think we can all agree that it does take on more importance. Even if not from getting recruited, but also from the view of HS participation. Doesn't every freshman want to make the Team and then make varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to this last year and here is my take on the event - do with it what you will. At this age it is a bit of a money grab but it cant hurt your son to go; it can only help. He is not going to get scratched off some master recruiting list if he doesn't get picked for JR. If you have the money, go. If you cant really afford to take this trip than my advice is not to sweat missing it. In the interest of full disclosure, my son did not get picked for JR, but he has been selected for other events and is already being recruited (very early stages) for d1. He was an undersized defenseman when he went down there (still is, a bit), and this event wants the poles to be big and super-athletic and not necessarily skilled if they are going to send them to JR at this age. Not a single pole on my son's team got selected for JR, yet he and several others on his team D are all going on recruiting visits for D1 programs this fall, so don't think you are hurting your son's chances if you feel he hasn't hit his spurt yet and want to hold off. Lots of 15 year olds will be down there - trust me. So here are some things to consider from someone who was there: 1) the overwhelming majority of kids who get selected to JR are nominated by their HS coaches. This event only sends a smaller percentage
2)there will be some great players there, and some kids who were done a disservice by being registered by daddy. 3) it is extremely well organized and well run but the drills are very offensively focused and quite frankly, oversold on the info page. They didn't do half of what they said. 4) if you play for 3D, you have a great shot at making JR (that is the only cynical thing I will say) 5) there are several team venues for recruiting coming up in your son's future including adrenaline cup, nxt invitational, as well as individual showcases such as freshman showcase (next year for your boy) and some great ;local ones to introduce him to the showcase format, so don't sweat it and try not to get caught up in the rat race. 6) it will be a typical showcase-type event - no passing and silly shots (tough on attackmen). 7) if you really want to go, and are driven to have your boy get selected to JR, then hedge your bet and go with a weaker region- a lot of kids did this. It isn't cheating per se, but you really do want your kid to be measured against the more skilled players. that will serve him better in the long run
In conclusion, if you have the throw-away money, go. it cant hurt. but neither will abstaining until he develops a bit. Good luck and I hope this helps
Are there any 2019 parents on here who took their son down to Florida for 3d Blue Chip last year? I have a 2020 and am wondering if 8th grade is silly to spend the time and $$$ traveling for this. Any insights or advice would be appreciated.

P.S. My son is a good player on an "A" team but is age-appropriate and really hasn't hit his growth spurt yet.

We went last year and I though tit was a waste of time. My son's club team played all of the top teams this past summer so comparisons were made then. I will not take my 2021 son down in the future. Just my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revolution looking for a few players for AA. Also looking for players for both A & B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are these positions needed for their A or B team.does anyone know?

Check out their tryout flyer on this site or go to the website. the specific positions for LSM, Goalie and midfield are for their Red team(AA) and then their second team says they have open positions but none are listed so I am assuming all positions might be available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised they did not fill teams yet? Guess everyone waited for Bluefish first?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody play for Revolution 2019 last year? Any thoughts...good experience?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played them last year and seemed real solid. But heard they lost their best player to 91. And the year before that lost their other best player to 91. Lol. Sucks that 91 grabs these players from them. I guess they develop their boys good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your looking to start trouble with that question..yes there were some problems and issues but everything was handled in a way to help make sure the organization was fine. Let's leave it at that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your looking to start trouble with that question..yes there were some problems and issues but everything was handled in a way to help make sure the organization was fine. Let's leave it at that

Wow - that escalated quickly...someone's sensitive...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow?? Really didn't want to start trouble just asking for thoughts? Still looking for a team. I guess that is a sensitive topic for you. My apology. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it also depends on whether you get invited to Jake Reed, as 3D Blue Chip is a stepping stone to that venue.

User
User
Wow?? Really didn't want to start trouble just asking for thoughts? Still looking for a team. I guess that is a sensitive topic for you. My apology. Good luck.

Your question was perfectly acceptable. The response was one of someone with paranoid schizophrenia apparently.
Someone will surely have some experience with that club and hopefully respond.
One of the benefits of registering is that you can receive PM's from us and other members and not have to wade through the lunatic responses. Good luck!!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Your question was perfectly acceptable. The response was one of someone with paranoid schizophrenia apparently.
Someone will surely have some experience with that club and hopefully respond.
One of the benefits of registering is that you can receive PM's from us and other members and not have to wade through the lunatic responses. Good luck!!

Honest response- played last 2 years with revolution and team has added and lost some players(2 kids went to other programs). Team had informal practice and they are much stronger than they have ever been. I am happy my son got the invite again this year. players will come and go but they were able to add a lot of talent and good kids. my son is very excited. Good luck to all the boys and hope everyone lands on the team they want.
I recommend you come down to tryouts and see for yourself and talk to coaches and director. they are very upfront and don't sidestep any questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams should be full already so you may have to go down and tryout if you aren't already on a team. See what they have to offer. This year and next is pretty critical in having your son show his lacrosse talent. Team may not be what you want but your down to slim pickings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the Revolution practice. They will have a very good team. Going to surprise a lot of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the Revolution practice. They will have a very good team. Going to surprise a lot of teams.

teams from out of state you mean

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teams from out of state you mean

Give it a rest. Just go home and hug your family.I am tired of everyone bashing everybody else on this team and the other 20 teams. Just wish them Good luck and be done with it

Page 11 of 47 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard