BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 86 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Someone seems to have a "thing" for Mark Millon and is hung up once again on "elite". If the folks on a club are happy with their coaches then why do you care?

I have a thing for Mark Millon, and it's good and hard. Another carney guy I think folks should avoid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Someone seems to have a "thing" for Mark Millon and is hung up once again on "elite". If the folks on a club are happy with their coaches then why do you care?

I have a thing for Mark Millon, and it's good and hard. Another carney guy I think folks should avoid.

He is running Team 91 in MD now...I guess along with his camps.. Whats carney ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carnival - flimflam - grifter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Carnival - flimflam - grifter

Carney was always solid in The Honeymooners, but was absolutely terrific in Harry and Tonto

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

As opposed to Carny, I have used the term "Used Car Salesman". It's always a hard sell. He's the best. Just ask him

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This happens all over. Fallston players need to play for Rock as their is a club connection. Cmilton Wright has to play for Mavericks or you do not get playing time. New coach at Harford Tech has a connection to Mavericks as well, so their kids better play for that club or playing time will suffer. If the coaches do not play their club players on the HS team the parents get upset. Also the club coaches get extra HS game experience, almost like a practice, to help in the club season. Not right, but it happens everywhere.

Well if these Fallston kids were any good, they could also choose to leave Hazard County and play for a real club.

There are some fallston kids who left rock/fallston rec to go play for a real club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those kids may suffer with playing time in HS. I heard that the JV Coach at Fallston only lets 2 kids shoot. Any other kid that puts the ball on goal is punished. LOL. Another example of great coaching. I guess the shooting kids play for Rock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Those kids may suffer with playing time in HS. I heard that the JV Coach at Fallston only lets 2 kids shoot. Any other kid that puts the ball on goal is punished. LOL. Another example of great coaching. I guess the shooting kids play for Rock.

Is Fallston still crowing about winning those "C: division state championships? Seems like 2 kids shooting only is enough to carry them over Prince Albert High every year in the finals.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you talking about Millon on a Madlax thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or falston lacrosse for that matter?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do not stop them they will go back to talking about the email and reclass kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are they going to talk about Breakers and Team 91??? What ever happened to their Threads??? Does moderator get rid after no activity??? Seems like there should be a thread for Maryland Team91 , Greene Turtle, etc??

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Where are they going to talk about Breakers and Team 91??? What ever happened to their Threads??? Does moderator get rid after no activity??? Seems like there should be a thread for Maryland Team91 , Greene Turtle, etc??

We have removed a lot of the threads and they will not be back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the Cannons become a Madlax Partner Program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this is true welcome Cannons to the Madlax Family. This is going to make the National teams really hard to make. Can't wait for the first Madlax and partner only tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this is true welcome Cannons to the Madlax Family. This is going to make the National teams really hard to make. Can't wait for the first Madlax and partner only tournament.

Does anyone know how many teams the Cannons even have. Looking at there website it looks like they have only 3 or 4 teams from youth to high school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're kidding. They have 1-2 decent teams and that's it. Like the other clubs Madlax is buying, maybe 1-2 kids per grade would be considered for their national team.

Their national team is basically their Capital team plus a combination of a handful of good players and those allowed to play on the team for political reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National team is madlax going to Tampa again this year? What did they win to get an invite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they win the Galactic Championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you're kidding. They have 1-2 decent teams and that's it. Like the other clubs Madlax is buying, maybe 1-2 kids per grade would be considered for their national team.

Their national team is basically their Capital team plus a combination of a handful of good players and those allowed to play on the team for political reasons.

Why did they just not make them join the Madlax Maryland teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National team is madlax going to Tampa again this year? What did they win to get an invite?

Nothing its there tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're confusing it with that [lacrosse]'s Sporting Goods tournament.

No matter. Both tournaments are a complete joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 division has the Madlax Nationals, Madlax West Nationals and the Madlax East Nationals. How good will each of the various teams be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did they just not make them join the Madlax Maryland teams?

Madlax MD is Bethesda area (west of DC). Cannons is Southern MD (east of DC, South of Annapolis). Not close enough for weekday practices. Two teams in MD will work well for Madlax. Now they just need a team North of Baltimore and they will have most of the talent in MD covered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 division has the Madlax Nationals, Madlax West Nationals and the Madlax East Nationals. How good will each of the various teams be?

Well it really depends on how many kids want to spend the money to get down to FL. I am guessing these other two teams will be made up of the players left from the Capital teams and any good players from all the Partner and state Madlax teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're confusing it with that [lacrosse]'s Sporting Goods tournament.

No matter. Both tournaments are a complete joke.
The [lacrosse]'s Tournament actually had some decent teams in the U15 Division last December - FCA National 2017, Sweetlax National 2017, Brady's Bunch and Madlax Nationals 2018/17. The new madlax hosted tournament at least at the older age groups will have FCA nationals, LIExpress, and 3D Nationals so for a fairly small tournaments it does have some decent teams. It looks like it was able to pull at least most of the best teams away from Dicks. The Dicks tourney is a fairly large tourney with a number of teams that are far from the level of the top teams but its very well run on very nice grass fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The [lacrosse]'s Tournament is fine if you are looking/can afford a family vacation in FL. Both like Vail, most of the teams are dreadful.

And any tournament that has rising sophomores playing U15 is pitiful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The [lacrosse]'s Tournament is fine if you are looking/can afford a family vacation in FL. Both like Vail, most of the teams are dreadful.

Dicks is great in theory....you take the winners from all the top regional tournaments and have them play in a national playoff. Unfortunately many of the regional tournaments do not have the top teams in that region, so a lot of B level teams qualify and get blown out by the 1 or 2 AA teams that do decide to pay the money to travel to Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dicks is great in theory....you take the winners from all the top regional tournaments and have them play in a national playoff. Unfortunately many of the regional tournaments do not have the top teams in that region, so a lot of B level teams qualify and get blown out by the 1 or 2 AA teams that do decide to pay the money to travel to Florida.

This is true but not as bad as it sounds. You go from AA+ all the way down to B. So there will be plenty of blowouts, but you will also inevitably play teams near your own level.

For example, in the U13 division (won by Madlax), other than the local team (kudos to them for playing), all of the bottom seeds from day 1 had at least one victory and one or two very close losses. Same in the U11 division. And there were a lot of 1 goal games among some of the top seeds in all the divisions.

And how great is it to play teams from all over North America that you would never otherwise play?

So, as long as families make the trip with the right expectations (and avoid I-75 N of Tampa and I-95 in SC after 8am) and make sure to get to the beach or pool, it's a great trip and not much more expensive than any other tournament.

PS - My team qualified but I never bothered to tell anyone. Who's going to spend their Winter break going to a lacrosse tournament? Well, a Mom talked me into sending out an email in the Fall and 2 days later I had 17 players committed. I controlled expectations about W-L's and everyone had a good experience. Spent NYE with my feet in the sand. Not a bad deal. All that said, I'm not happy about them moving the age cutoff from 8/1 to 6/1 - I understand why they are doing it but I think 8/1 was the right date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree - the way they handle age cutoffs is wierd but all teams adjust and is generally the same for all in that division. I think the age cutoff is June of the year of the tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true but not as bad as it sounds. You go from AA+ all the way down to B. So there will be plenty of blowouts, but you will also inevitably play teams near your own level.

For example, in the U13 division (won by Madlax), other than the local team (kudos to them for playing), all of the bottom seeds from day 1 had at least one victory and one or two very close losses. Same in the U11 division. And there were a lot of 1 goal games among some of the top seeds in all the divisions.

And how great is it to play teams from all over North America that you would never otherwise play?

So, as long as families make the trip with the right expectations (and avoid I-75 N of Tampa and I-95 in SC after 8am) and make sure to get to the beach or pool, it's a great trip and not much more expensive than any other tournament.

PS - My team qualified but I never bothered to tell anyone. Who's going to spend their Winter break going to a lacrosse tournament? Well, a Mom talked me into sending out an email in the Fall and 2 days later I had 17 players committed. I controlled expectations about W-L's and everyone had a good experience. Spent NYE with my feet in the sand. Not a bad deal. All that said, I'm not happy about them moving the age cutoff from 8/1 to 6/1 - I understand why they are doing it but I think 8/1 was the right date.

Whats the reason why they decided to move the age cutoff to 6/1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume they moved age cutoff due to prevalence of Summer birthdays on 'l33t' teams. Same with World Series I'd guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Cavs beat Madlax MD in the Next Level Fall league this past weekend. Anyone know the score and how well the two teams played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again you need to put the year. And this makes sense everyone knew the Maryland teams would not be strong this first year. I think the Maryland teams will be a lot better in the spring. There is lots of rumors of several Maryland clubs closing the doors. Club Blue, Next Level and one other one. But these are rumors take them for what they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again you need to put the year. And this makes sense everyone knew the Maryland teams would not be strong this first year. I think the Maryland teams will be a lot better in the spring. There is lots of rumors of several Maryland clubs closing the doors. Club Blue, Next Level and one other one. But these are rumors take them for what they are.

Sorry, Cavs 2020 vs. Madlax MD 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax Virginia/Maryland teams are already a disaster. Splitting their B teams into two weaker B teams was just a move to bring in the kids they'd normally cut. More money for them, but worse for those kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did this Cavs team add any kids from Freedom folding or off of any other clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax Virginia/Maryland teams are already a disaster. Splitting their B teams into two weaker B teams was just a move to bring in the kids they'd normally cut. More money for them, but worse for those kids.

I think you need to go through the spring and summer tryouts before you kill this new plan. Madlax has structure like it or not . Please write back 12 months from today you might still be correct but I would bet on Madlax putting good teams out there in 12 months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did this Cavs team add any kids from Freedom folding or off of any other clubs?

Cavs added some new talent from other clubs, also lost some as well. Not sure if anyone from Freedom joined, but there were several Freedom kids during tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you need to go through the spring and summer tryouts before you kill this new plan. Madlax has structure like it or not . Please write back 12 months from today you might still be correct but I would bet on Madlax putting good teams out there in 12 months.

You can tell by those rosters that the move (though probably successfully financially short-term) is not a good one. The talent on those teams is pretty bad. Not surprised to see they combined a few grade years for some teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 86 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard