BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 97 1 2 3 4 5 6 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes kids do in may cases try out for more than 1 programs to enhance their chances of having at least one option for next season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs must debate internally as to whether field 1 or 2 (or maybe even 3) teams per grade. Seems from my attending a few tryouts, input from others, and notes on this thread, that the turnouts for tryouts have been decent this fall in Westchester (and Fairfield). Anywhere in the 40-60 range per grade. Obviously that doesn't mean kids don't attend multiple tryouts. But there are still more kids wanting to play who won't find a home.

But not many clubs opt for a 2nd team. Guess it drains resources and lessens the club reputation from their POV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 2022 received a phone call from the express north coach yesterday letting him know he had made the team. Their last tryout was Saturday. I don't know about the other teams but 2022 had about 55-60 kids tryout out, many talented players.

My friends son got an invite tonight for Express North 2020AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight on the status of the Express North 2021 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the 2021 invitations have been sent out. In fact I'm certain of it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which clubs have offered at 2023 at this point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the 2021 invitations have been sent out. In fact I'm certain of it.

People, don't jump the gun on invites. Last season, our son didn't receive an invitation when his two buddies did. The next day an invitation from the same club was in my inbox. Thankfully I was patient and didn't commit to his #2 club choice and he was able to play with the team he really wanted.

Stay calm if you haven't heard from your #1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding younger teams (2024-21): I saw that the Predators announced their roster. Have any of the other teams (2way, PT, T91, Express North) announced anything yet? will they post names or send emails?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 have chosen their rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding younger teams (2024-21): I saw that the Predators announced their roster. Have any of the other teams (2way, PT, T91, Express North) announced anything yet? will they post names or send emails?

At least some of those teams have issued offers. Based on past practices, I do not believe all such clubs will ever post rosters as Predators did. PT put up links to register for those that have been offered, so it seems clear that offers have gone out from them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least some of those teams have issued offers. Based on past practices, I do not believe all such clubs will ever post rosters as Predators did. PT put up links to register for those that have been offered, so it seems clear that offers have gone out from them.

Express North sent out invites between Sunday & Monday. I'm glad they don't post rosters, no one else's business where my son plays.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LIE North has the best Coaches in Westchester:

Entire Iona Prep staff
Savastano brothers,
Suno Hill
Tom Regan &
Chris Schreiber

Can't find anything better in Westchester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tycotian

Entire Iona Prep staff
Savastano brothers,
Suno Hill
Tom Regan &
Chris Schreiber

Do you mean Sunho Lee? And yes he's great and highly respected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entire Iona Prep staff
Savastano brothers,
Suno Hill
Tom Regan &
Chris Schreiber

Then we are all very glad that your son plays for the LIE North.

I think the coaching staffs at almost every club have good names and people who are doing great things.

Predators have the head coach of Fordham Prep and Yorktown legends.
PrimeTime has the head coach of Greenwich HS, Byram Hills, former Scarsdale etc...
T91 Tristate has Mike Bocklett head coach of Purchase
HOS has Ned Crotty, head coach of CW Post, head coach of Stepinac and Nyack
Top Side has head coach of Eastchester

There are head coaches coaching club teams in all programs which is great for the sport in the area. Again, worry about who is coaching YOUR sons team and not what people consider "big names" just because they are able to coach superior talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entire Iona Prep staff
Savastano brothers,
Suno Hill
Tom Regan &
Chris Schreiber

I think the coaching staffs at almost every club have good names and people who are doing great things.

PrimeTime has the head coach of Greenwich HS, Byram Hills, former Scarsdale etc...

There are head coaches coaching club teams in all programs which is great for the sport in the area. Again, worry about who is coaching YOUR sons team and not what people consider "big names" just because they are able to coach superior talent.

There is great coaching all around. Just because you were a college stud doesn't translate into being a great coach. Someone somewhere decided that in lacrosse if you were not an all star player you can't possibly be a good coach. So absurd but great marketing. Even many weaker clubs have excellent coaches but have not been as successful in attracting high quality players. And it is getting so diluted anyway. Whether a particular grad year on any one team is strong or not may become totally random. PT 2021 is very strong. Other PT grad years not so much. Random.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT 2018 is an extremely strong team. Probably one of the best out there. And I don't have a son who plays for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT 2018 is an extremely strong team. Probably one of the best out there. And I don't have a son who plays for them.

Ok. Like I said. Random.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entire Iona Prep staff
Savastano brothers,
Suno Hill
Tom Regan &
Chris Schreiber

Have had experience with all of these programs. Predators brings very hands on coaching with guys who are committed to your kids. Nothing else compares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor on the street that PT 2021 lost some good players and was then lobbying hard to recruit some new kids, some of whom chose other programs. That is a solid team so hard to believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is correct we lost 4 of our top players to 3D & Eclipse. Calling us solid is a stretch. We played some good games but was very inconsistent and lost twice to a B team (igloo Avalanche)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have been told the the Primetime 2024 team has less than 10 kids - i know they were struggling to get players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be honest Primetime is all about the high school teams. Nick Daniello does a great job recruiting for his HS but unfortunately most of the youth players are not there when it counts, during the HS years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not prime time guy. You guys need to stop referring to players . Moderater needs to step in. You are talking about 21 s . I'm sure you don't mean harm. Just too personal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only person mentioned is Nick Daniello and he is the owner/director of Primetime.
No kids were mentioned or spoken about in a negative way. Just stated the changes that were made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only person mentioned is Nick Daniello and he is the owner/director of Primetime.
No kids were mentioned or spoken about in a negative way. Just stated the changes that were made.

it is possible the moderators may have taken it off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor on the street that PT 2021 lost some good players and was then lobbying hard to recruit some new kids, some of whom chose other programs. That is a solid team so hard to believe.

Many parents don't want their son playing for a team that has very strong players at their position. They want their child to be a standout and its easier on a weaker team. Seems pretty lame to me, but I've heard the talk. I think practicing and playing in the toughest most competitive environment is best for a child to learn how to compete and play hard all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Many parents don't want their son playing for a team that has very strong players at their position."

That is ridiculous, and given the 125 kids that showed up to the PT 2019 tryout, proves you wrong. There are teams for every ability, and most kids want to play for the best. Kids dont want to play on weaker teams and lose, even if they stand out.

"I think practicing and playing in the toughest most competitive environment is best for a child to learn how to compete and play hard all the time."

Depends on the kid and unless you are a child psychologist, irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Many parents don't want their son playing for a team that has very strong players at their position."

That is ridiculous, and given the 125 kids that showed up to the PT 2019 tryout, proves you wrong. There are teams for every ability, and most kids want to play for the best. Kids dont want to play on weaker teams and lose, even if they stand out.

"I think practicing and playing in the toughest most competitive environment is best for a child to learn how to compete and play hard all the time."

It's ridiculous that parents would be so manipulative, but its a fact that many parents are looking for a team that their son can be the standout.

I'm not a psychologist, just a long time coach and father of 4 boys. I have always encouraged my kids to be in a competitive environment--in an out of sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is a practice environment irrelevant? It makes all the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the kid? What type of practice environment do you think kids should be immersed...other than one that will challenge them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like too see people's thoughts on the programs from the Westchetser County area where you rank them for year 2021.

1 - 3D Tristate
2 - Eclipse
3 - Long Island Express North
4 - 2 Way
5 - Predators
6 - Primetime
7 - 91 Tristate
8 - Superstars
9 - Ballers
10 - Chargers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised that 3D tristate and 2 way are so high and Primetime is so low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think the initial list was intended to be a ranking order.

I would think Prime Time and Eclipse at top, followed then by 2way, and then maybe Predators and LIE North. Others down lower.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the first 5 are correct maybe not in order but they are the top 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d had some very good additions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street, lol is 3d Tristate, LIE North, & Eclipse all got much better players and Primetime lost 4 top players without replacing them. Maybe that's why PT is low but they still should be in top 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What local program will have the first Freshman commit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is Primetime or LIE North. While I don't think Primetime is all that strong they do have a couple of extremely strong players. LIE North has several very strong players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is Primetime or LIE North. While I don't think Primetime is all that strong they do have a couple of extremely strong players. LIE North has several very strong players.

LI Express North. My guess is they are one of the top 3 teams that I've seen play and they have a bunch of highly skilled players. A joy to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to the Eclipse, Primetime & LIE North tryouts and to be honest Eclipse had the top talent. My son did not make the U13 team because those kids were all big, strong and fast. My guess would be Eclipse has the first freshman commit.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 97 1 2 3 4 5 6 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard