BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,578
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 47 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the Stampede team win any tournaments at all last year?. Just trying to figure out if it's worth it for my son to go there if he is asked . If they are a B team or an A team?

Definitely B, and no, it's not worth it

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think the coaches are listed on the website, my kids 2021 team is coached by college players (NYIT and Adelphi) and pretty sure most of the teams except for 2018 are coached by NYIT college players.

That's what you get with the 3rd or 4th team - college kids

Yes, we get it, you don't like college kids. The 2021 coach was an all-american NYIT defenseman who was excellent with the kids. Also cost less to be on a 91 3rd team compared to getting the same thing for a lot more somewhere else. Not saying every team is treated the same, but I have no complaints from my experience so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting Stampede in the A tournament was a good reality check for the boys.now these kids know that they need a lot of work if they want to stay on this team. It's humbling but some parents need a reality check. The kids know already it's the parents that are a little clueless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny how your theory has an anonymous name attached to your positive spin!you are either mrs or a meathead wife ?/
That definitely does not say he doesn't believe in his kid. He may be giving his kid more opportunities. HIs kid is not big, has not gone through puberty for sure. Did you ever think that it may not be a lacrosse thing? Do you know how his kid did in school? To me the kid is a nice, polite kid. How does anyone know what is going on in that home? There may be more to the smoke and mirrors theory. Maybe the kid wants to be a star in the classroom and the field just comes along with it. It's funny how your theory has an "anonymous" name attached to your negativity.

When a coach and director reclass his kid wow what does that say ?!?!?!?!

What does that say? Well, maybe if you were listening to the college coaching staffs at many of the recruiting camps this summer; Jake Reed, Blue Chip, Elite 180, Maverick, Texas 99, etc. Many of them told us that they recommended "reclassiying kids". This is because most of the the other states have been doing this for years. Our kids are at a disadvantage. Maybe you should attend some of these showcases and you would get this info firsthand. I personally heard this and debated the entire summer. It's wasn't the right choice for us, we have other things going on. This parent/coach is not the only one doing it. I think I've heard at least 5-7 parents have done it this year. It must feel good singling out this guy (parent-coach). I think there are a few disgruntled parents from his old team leading the way on this one. I hear them on my sideline bad mouthing him. He is a good guy, my son has trained with him before. He son is a great kid. Shame on you guys for allowing and continuing to ask questions about SPECIFIC families.

It says you don't believe in your kid. It says you look for a way to cheat to make your kid look better. It says you are a believer in smoke and mirrors. It says that you teach your kid to be a follower and not a leader, if everyone else is doing it, I guess I will to. Even though I know I'm gaining an unfair advantage. Teach your kid to be a man, do their best and work hard, don't take the easy way out. not everyone is destined to be a star on the lacrosse field. And that's ok. Sad that many of these reclass families will need to learn this the hard way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny how your theory has an anonymous name attached to your positive spin!you are either mrs or a meathead wife ?/
That definitely does not say he doesn't believe in his kid. He may be giving his kid more opportunities. HIs kid is not big, has not gone through puberty for sure. Did you ever think that it may not be a lacrosse thing? Do you know how his kid did in school? To me the kid is a nice, polite kid. How does anyone know what is going on in that home? There may be more to the smoke and mirrors theory. Maybe the kid wants to be a star in the classroom and the field just comes along with it. It's funny how your theory has an "anonymous" name attached to your negativity.

What does that say? Well, maybe if you were listening to the college coaching staffs at many of the recruiting camps this summer; Jake Reed, Blue Chip, Elite 180, Maverick, Texas 99, etc. Many of them told us that they recommended "reclassiying kids". This is because most of the the other states have been doing this for years. Our kids are at a disadvantage. Maybe you should attend some of these showcases and you would get this info firsthand. I personally heard this and debated the entire summer. It's wasn't the right choice for us, we have other things going on. This parent/coach is not the only one doing it. I think I've heard at least 5-7 parents have done it this year. It must feel good singling out this guy (parent-coach). I think there are a few disgruntled parents from his old team leading the way on this one. I hear them on my sideline bad mouthing him. He is a good guy, my son has trained with him before. He son is a great kid. Shame on you guys for allowing and continuing to ask questions about SPECIFIC families.

It says you don't believe in your kid. It says you look for a way to cheat to make your kid look better. It says you are a believer in smoke and mirrors. It says that you teach your kid to be a follower and not a leader, if everyone else is doing it, I guess I will to. Even though I know I'm gaining an unfair advantage. Teach your kid to be a man, do their best and work hard, don't take the easy way out. not everyone is destined to be a star on the lacrosse field. And that's ok. Sad that many of these reclass families will need to learn this the hard way!

Hope it all works our for the kid. Just don't like the tactics, sorry of that bothers you. It's not right that some people feel that it is ok to manipulate the hand they are dealt. Remember the grass is not always greener!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish finished tryouts yesterday...this one is a gamble with a huge upside or downside...unproven product in a critical year...But... talent level was most decidedly there...some real slick play outta middies and long poles...and many selected to team were not even there...gotta hope that Powers and Teirney take a hands on approach and make offseason workouts count...then they need to use their clout and get these kids in some decent showcases...that's what this year is about, being seen...hope my kid makes it, not sure he stepped up enough, but there were a lot of middies looking for an "A" side home...defense is what these two coaches are known for and seemed like they had a more than a couple of big, solid long poles, could help keep scores down against top teams with bigger attacks...middies were all a big undersized, no studs but some talent, attack seemed adequate...could be something there...we will be accepting a "B" team slog if offered because training looks like it will be above average...good luck all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what happened to last years parents of the reclassed goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get you and I am not sure I want to try. Mrs? Meathead? Come on bro, give it a rest. People can be positive when they are on the outside looking in. I hope the Mrs. Doesn't read this crap.

Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's call a spade a spade. We all know who they are discussing on this panel. Any lacrosse person would. So by you saying there are no names mentioned is BULL. They are again speaking about a kid. Whether he has talent or not. That is one slippery slope you are treading bud.

Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Parent need to keep their mouths shut, let the coaches coach and the players play. Our kids are not 8 yrs. old anymore. Enough is enough, let them play and sit there and keep your mouth shut. Parents are the worst.

I don't agree with the post (calling out particular people) going through but Parents do not need to keep their mouths shut. Actually they should speak up more. They are the clients; the ones in charge.

The coaches/organizations need to be reminded they are being paid for a service, if the expected service isnt given, the parents, the ones who are shelling out the money have the right to speak up and have a say. (within limits of course).

If adults want to call each other out, we are good with it, you are grown ups.... Handle it. Just leave the kids out of it.

I am okay with calling the adult out. But I don't believe the kids were left out of the post... called them "not good" then proceeded to accuse of reclassing.

There were no names mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K
Originally Posted by acblax

I think the coaches are listed on the website, my kids 2021 team is coached by college players (NYIT and Adelphi) and pretty sure most of the teams except for 2018 are coached by NYIT college players.

That's what you get with the 3rd or 4th team - college kids

Yes, we get it, you don't like college kids. The 2021 coach was an all-american NYIT defenseman who was excellent with the kids. Also cost less to be on a 91 3rd team compared to getting the same thing for a lot more somewhere else. Not saying every team is treated the same, but I have no complaints from my experience so far.

I love college kids...if they're helping out a college coach who is the head coach. At this age I think that is the best scenario, especially heading into recruiting years. College kids can also be very good HC's of younger kids, but I wouldn't go for it with my HS son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there Rocky Point and Bayshore helmets there, too? Poor Outlaws. Watch out

So how was the turnout at legacy tryouts
saw many legacy helmets at outlaws tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's what happens when parents call an entire team and tell them to leave. I guess legacy messed with the wrong parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOOD LUCK to Outlaws is a understatement yes Rocky Point and bayshore helmets were there silly !!! Now black shirts will be worn instead of blue to all team tournaments hah !! If we are gonna talk let's try to keep it real and not give one sad parent all the credit ... Here's the real story not super dads . Yes legacy fell apart the main reason was atleast 9 players, most very talenteed went to private school this year and of course went to play for Express for reasons we all know. Half the team was gone before daddy did anything. Daddy's kid went to private school also but he's not playing for express like the others hmmmmmm.. Outlaws looked good daddy and his friends wanted to go too because legacy was gonna struggle without the top kids that went to private school. Funny part is this parent did what he did because his kid wasn't last years Rabil and he can't have that, he was mad that the coach couldn't see the the greatness in front of him. The kids aren't the problem the parents are. Let's sum it up Legacy didn't mess with the wrong parent they got rid of a " I am going after my dreams through my kid" parent. Many teams were affected by the private school movement and no longer have 2019 teams Legacy just happened to have 2 really angry parents one that called those not going to private school and said come to Outlaws.. Guess what the coach, his kid, the organization are gonna be just fine without you but are you gonna be okay without them ??? Was the the right thing to do for your kid ? Did your kid have a problem or was it just you ? Some pretty well known well liked people those parents are talking a lot of trash about !!! The grass isn't always greener on the other side hope for the kids sake it's not all dirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GOOD LUCK to Outlaws is a understatement yes Rocky Point and bayshore helmets were there silly !!! Now black shirts will be worn instead of blue to all team tournaments hah !! If we are gonna talk let's try to keep it real and not give one sad parent all the credit ... Here's the real story not super dads . Yes legacy fell apart the main reason was atleast 9 players, most very talenteed went to private school this year and of course went to play for Express for reasons we all know. Half the team was gone before daddy did anything. Daddy's kid went to private school also but he's not playing for express like the others hmmmmmm.. Outlaws looked good daddy and his friends wanted to go too because legacy was gonna struggle without the top kids that went to private school. Funny part is this parent did what he did because his kid wasn't last years Rabil and he can't have that, he was mad that the coach couldn't see the the greatness in front of him. The kids aren't the problem the parents are. Let's sum it up Legacy didn't mess with the wrong parent they got rid of a " I am going after my dreams through my kid" parent. Many teams were affected by the private school movement and no longer have 2019 teams Legacy just happened to have 2 really angry parents one that called those not going to private school and said come to Outlaws.. Guess what the coach, his kid, the organization are gonna be just fine without you but are you gonna be okay without them ??? Was the the right thing to do for your kid ? Did your kid have a problem or was it just you ? Some pretty well known well liked people those parents are talking a lot of trash about !!! The grass isn't always greener on the other side hope for the kids sake it's not all dirt.

The parent has a history of ruining teams! Outlaws BEWARE!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parent has a history of ruining teams! Outlaws BEWARE!!!

Ruining teams, plural as more than once. Explain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok if you are going to criticize someone anonymously at least have your facts straight. 8 went to private school, not all 8 went to play for express. I only know of 2 maybe 3 definite express players. The rest had not made decision and some did not even tryout for express. A crew of smithtown kids were going to outlaws already before this parent was involved. Now the smithtown kids and some of the private school kids have become friends and play well together. Isn't it always a quote on here to let the kids play with their friends and have fun.. So some of the pvt school kids are looking at outlaws. Why would nt you look at another program if you think there is a lot leaving? Not all parents are home hatching schemes..son comes to you and says so and so is looking at that team i want to too.. there you go.. No real conspiracy. The parent in question has not ruined any teams. He has been with Legacy/riptide for a few years. I have not heard any trash talk personally about Legacy or the coaches. Just was not a fit anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope it all works our for the kid. Just don't like the tactics, sorry of that bothers you. It's not right that some people feel that it is ok to manipulate the hand they are dealt. Remember the grass is not always greener!

Lets stop all the garbage and BS about potential academic problems and puberty as reasons for holding back. While it is every parents absolute right to do what they think is best for their kid, the main and usually the only reason people re -class their kids is to gain some type of perceived advantage on the lacrosse field that the kid was not getting in his own grade do to lack of skill, or athletic ability. At least be honest, just stop the BS academic excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What he said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any 2019 parents on here who took their son down to Florida for 3d Blue Chip last year? I have a 2020 and am wondering if 8th grade is silly to spend the time and $$$ traveling for this. Any insights or advice would be appreciated.

P.S. My son is a good player on an "A" team but is age-appropriate and really hasn't hit his growth spurt yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went last year and it was a great experience plus you can see where you kids stands with the best kids side by side. They onlt take about 1/2 the kids from Bluechip camp in Florida to Jake Reeds camp, the other 1/2 are direct invite thru coached recommendations.
We did not get an an invite

Are there any 2019 parents on here who took their son down to Florida for 3d Blue Chip last year? I have a 2020 and am wondering if 8th grade is silly to spend the time and $$$ traveling for this. Any insights or advice would be appreciated.

P.S. My son is a good player on an "A" team but is age-appropriate and really hasn't hit his growth spurt yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe these families wanted to go where there was not a dad coaching the team????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went last year and it was a great experience plus you can see where you kids stands with the best kids side by side. They onlt take about 1/2 the kids from Bluechip camp in Florida to Jake Reeds camp, the other 1/2 are direct invite thru coached recommendations.

I don't agree about "stands with the best kids" there is no way ALL the BEST kids go to this camp in Florida. If you want to see where your kids stands with the other kids whose parents want to shell that money out, then that is one thing. To think it he is standing with the best, is a very big stretch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok stands with the best kids at the camp...happy now ?? jezzz

I don't agree about "stands with the best kids" there is no way ALL the BEST kids go to this camp in Florida. If you want to see where your kids stands with the other kids whose parents want to shell that money out, then that is one thing. To think it he is standing with the best, is a very big stretch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe these families wanted to go where there was not a dad coaching the team????

There's no dad coaching the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Rocky Point dad has been trying to talk his son onto an A team for years. He's a B+, maybe A- player, but that dad can't admit it, so he shops him around every year. He never makes an A team on his own, so dad makes the calls, and begs people to give him a chance on A. It's sad. Poor kid will probably quit soon anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right and how well did that work out for him ?! Heats the poor kid was duped !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Rocky Point dad has been trying to talk his son onto an A team for years. He's a B+, maybe A- player, but that dad can't admit it, so he shops him around every year. He never makes an A team on his own, so dad makes the calls, and begs people to give him a chance on A. It's sad. Poor kid will probably quit soon anyway.

Wait until the college coaches ask about this dad!!! That's when it will all come back to him...and unfortunately his son will suffer, if he's still playing at that point! He's running out of programs to go to...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame on you people for speaking about a kid that way. Very shameful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Discounting a coach because he happens to be a players Dad is a mistake. My kids have had All American college players as coaches who couldn't run a practice and showed up to tournaments hung over and late for games (I coached half a game at one tournament until he arrived) and they have had Dads as coaches who were excellent. Be open minded and talk with the coach to get an idea of his commitment level and knowledge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop going after the kids!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is sad is an adult will hide behind a computer and spew such venom. Say what you will about me but leave your expert evaluations about my son's ability out of it. You obviously know me,but never had the guts to bring this up to me face to face. Anytime you want to talk about it call me and we can set up a meeting. Jim Accardi

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your interest to say such a horrible thing about another lacrosse family? Would you say these things in person to this father? Have you thought about how hurtful it is to the player to see such hurtful things about his family? Did you ever stop & think what your opinion of this player/dad will do for his recruitment? You, sir, are a mean spirited hurtful coward hiding behinde anonyminity. Lacrosse is a small community..words, actions & unsolicited opinions from a nobody can hurt a players future. Choose your words wisely, honor & respect the game..you obviously are new to the game of lacrosse or just a hateful person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went last year and I though tit was a waste of time. My son's club team played all of the top teams this past summer so comparisons were made then. I will not take my 2021 son down in the future. Just my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame on you people for speaking about a kid that way. Very shameful.

Did I miss something? What was said about the kid that was bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

stop going after the kids!!!

Who's going after the kids? It's the dad who's being criticized, not his son. Saying the kid is A-, or B+, is going after him? There's nothing wrong with that in my book. In fact it would be a compliment for many kids. Most kids are B players, whether their parents realize it or not, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is sad is an adult will hide behind a computer and spew such venom. Say what you will about me but leave your expert evaluations about my son's ability out of it. You obviously know me,but never had the guts to bring this up to me face to face. Anytime you want to talk about it call me and we can set up a meeting. Jim Accardi

Calling a kid A-, or B+, is "spewing venom"? I think that's a very good player, and wasn't putting down the young man at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to 3d blue chip last year...we did it as a feeling out process and a quick get away for Super Bowl weekend...taken in that context, I felt it was worth it...bite pricey to find out if your kid can play on a elite level, but we didn't' mind...ego stroke for us both to think he could compete well against regional elite, so we had fun with it and I used it to pump up his confidence some for travel season, need to feel like you belong in elite event to be an elite player, plus, they love the swag and comradery,..this was no vacation as the boys were kept busy and he was tired at night, so no Disney, coaching was average, nothing learned that was game altering, just solid reinforcement of basic principals and defense barely instructed at all, make no mistake, this is an offensive showcase, they want to see attack and your kid will be hung out on defense unless he has some experienced players with him out there...coaches play favorites, not sour grapes, just way it was...91 coach had a bunch of 91 kids on his team, played them on first line together, the rest were pieced together, kid playing next to mine didn't even know what a "slide"was... so, your kid needs to be prepared to fend for himself, get noticed without being a ball hog, they come down on you for trying to do it all yourself...again, if your there for your son to be discover, temper that because very, very few are selected from this to Jake Reed, your kid needs to be over the top against really good kids...getting some good video for a showcase film should be considered if your kid plays well, against good completion that looks good for him...bottom line, your kid will meet others, local to Long Island and elsewhere who have same dream, see where he measures up and then see what true elite play is like if he hasn't played with that type of player...I say spend the money and enjoy the Florida sun while your kid gets a taste of showcase mentality and play...worth it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commenting that the kid can not make an A team on "his own" is absolutely a shot at that boy. Nothing nice,useful or informative about that post. A lot of people actually know that kid and that he adds value to teams he plays on. If you do not like his father keep the negative BS directed at him,spare the kid,he has a tough enough life with such a horrible role model..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's so bad about talking about the kids ???? Who gave this person the right to judge this kid ? Say what you want about the dad ( I would be careful though he's cookey 😜) but really why the kid ? AA A B or C he's a good kid and a good player. Who cares how many tryouts they go to ? Just curious exactly how do you know where this family is going all the time, you going too ???? And bad role model really ????? Why because he is trying to find the perfect fit for his kid ... Just stop now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why the jump on that Legacy dad? Wasn't the "Team Mom" doing most of the calling of players parents to get them move over with the Smithtown guys to the Outlaws? I have to question why the Outlaws and not Express like his St. Anthony's teammates? Bad parent blood there? Don't worry, by now I think the St. Anthony's staff knows what he is all about. Better go to confession.

Page 10 of 47 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard