BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 73 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The handful of good players from Avengers made the Express A team. The rest are on Express B. There is definitely an Express A and B team this year.

You are forgetting a bunch of good players also ended up staying with the B team. Kids that would have made the A team but decided to stay with the coach.

To say Express is going form awful last year to an A team this year because of a handful of players moved over is a bit of a stretch. We will find out this fall how good both teams are.

I can not believe that anyone in their right mind would choose the B Team over the A! Even if it doesn't work out, what do you have to lose? But I suppose it is possible and I wish I could understand the logic. Is the suggestion that the A Team coach is not good? Otherwise, don't kids in a Team game improve the most with better players around them? Why hold your son back?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be realistic with yourself, if your kid is not on the top 2 middie lines, one of the top 4/5 attack or defense but made the A team anyway he is better off at this age playing the B team and starting in all his games and playing more in tournaments against other players gaining confidence and IQ of the game. This will make him a better player and give him a better shot next year of moving up and being an asset to the team. It may take a couple of years . To many people want to say there kid is on an A team but really aren't contributing or getting enough playing time because there is a big gap between him and the top tier kids. Just my opinion and experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The handful of good players from Avengers made the Express A team. The rest are on Express B. There is definitely an Express A and B team this year.

You are forgetting a bunch of good players also ended up staying with the B team. Kids that would have made the A team but decided to stay with the coach.

To say Express is going form awful last year to an A team this year because of a handful of players moved over is a bit of a stretch. We will find out this fall how good both teams are.

I can not believe that anyone in their right mind would choose the B Team over the A! Even if it doesn't work out, what do you have to lose? But I suppose it is possible and I wish I could understand the logic. Is the suggestion that the A Team coach is not good? Otherwise, don't kids in a Team game improve the most with better players around them? Why hold your son back?

It's really 2 B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did all of the Avengers move to Express?

Not all, but most

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bet is that we find out they are Average-er.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps they had a great experience with the coaches and teammates and the parents realize that being on an "A" team in 4th grade doesn't mean anything in the long road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he "would've" made the A team, he should be playing on the A team. Makes no sense to hold a kid back if he "would've" made th better team in my opinion. I guess getting a free pass was a good thing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B...A...come on, based on what ? a couple of drills in 2 days of crammed try outs ? Come on guys, lighten up. If the Dad wants to put his kid on the "B" team because he likes the way the coach coaches, so be it. I applaud the Dad to follow his instincts to do whats best and more comfortable for his son, while still enjoying to play the game. There are a few guys on here that obviously are living through their sons lives. Any grown adult man who criticizes other 9 year old kids to get a laugh is a pure loser inside and out. Come on guys, while this is a competitive sport at all levels, these are 9 year old kids. Lets show them how to act like a good sportsman at this stage. I hope we are on the same page with this. These guys will have plenty of time for the cut throat Lax world

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he "would've" made the A team, he should be playing on the A team. Makes no sense to hold a kid back if he "would've" made th better team in my opinion. I guess getting a free pass was a good thing?

You are assuming the A team will be better when both will actually be good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both will be mediocre.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both will be mediocre.

And that is fine as long as the kids are having fun and getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both will be mediocre.

It is clearly fun to get better and you do that by playing with and against better players and also by WINNING! Winning rewards and reinforces good habits and hard work. Don't tell your sons to settle! Do them that favor. You will regret it if you don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
And that is fine as long as the kids are having fun and getting better. [/quote]

You are making too much sense. NO room for that in this forum!! Some of these parents will learn the hard way and ruin it for their kids. Remember when we were young? Our passion for certain sports changed as we grew up.
My son plays for three different sports now. Right now, he loves playing them all. As much as I enjoy watching him play, I won't push him so hard that he starts to hate going.
If you choose to live vicariously through your son, don't worry. If YOUR dream doesn't work out for HIM, he can always work for my son someday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that is fine as long as the kids are having fun and getting better. [/quote]

You are making too much sense. NO room for that in this forum!! Some of these parents will learn the hard way and ruin it for their kids. Remember when we were young? Our passion for certain sports changed as we grew up.
My son plays for three different sports now. Right now, he loves playing them all. As much as I enjoy watching him play, I won't push him so hard that he starts to hate going.
If you choose to live vicariously through your son, don't worry. If YOUR dream doesn't work out for HIM, he can always work for my son someday!
[/quote]

Kids have to pursue their dreams and work for them. The answer is in facing challenges and achieving success. We call these types winners. No settling for less than his own expectations and no participation trophies for my son. And one thing I'm sure of is he won't be working for your son because what you describe is the kind of boy who follows, mine leads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Kids have to pursue their dreams and work for them. The answer is in facing challenges and achieving success. We call these types winners. No settling for less than his own expectations and no participation trophies for my son. And one thing I'm sure of is he won't be working for your son because what you describe is the kind of boy who follows, mine leads. [/quote]

Really? Is that what you took from it? Sad
I never said that my son WOULDN'T be successful at lacrosse. If he is, great! I encourage him and my other kids to try their best at everything they do. Encourage but not as if his success in life depends on lacrosse. What I do know is that he is a leader and an A+ student and will be successful at whatever he puts his mind to but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy yelling at you kid. Try not to scream at him too much from the sideline. It's embarrassing him.
Based on what you wrote, you want your kid to pursue YOUR dream. Too bad he will never reach your goals. How many professional athletes have come from your high school's HISTORY? 3? 6? 10? none? How many Craig Biggios or Jumbo Elliotts did you know? Like I stated, he can come work for my son after he done crushing your dreams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Kids have to pursue their dreams and work for them. The answer is in facing challenges and achieving success. We call these types winners. No settling for less than his own expectations and no participation trophies for my son. And one thing I'm sure of is he won't be working for your son because what you describe is the kind of boy who follows, mine leads. [/quote]

Most 9 year old's dreams are more of the "I want to be Aaron Rogers" type than the "I hope I can get a D1 scholarship so my cheap loser dad doesn't have to write a check to Suffolk CC for me"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Discount double check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said that my son WOULDN'T be successful at lacrosse. If he is, great! I encourage him and my other kids to try their best at everything they do. Encourage but not as if his success in life depends on lacrosse. What I do know is that he is a leader and an A+ student and will be successful at whatever he puts his mind to but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy yelling at you kid. Try not to scream at him too much from the sideline. It's embarrassing him.
Based on what you wrote, you want your kid to pursue YOUR dream. Too bad he will never reach your goals. How many professional athletes have come from your high school's HISTORY? 3? 6? 10? none? How many Craig Biggios or Jumbo Elliotts did you know? Like I stated, he can come work for my son after he done crushing your dreams. [/quote]

Too funny how aggressive you are here but you advocate for such a passive approach, just remember that being a winner is a learned trait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids have to pursue their dreams and work for them. The answer is in facing challenges and achieving success. We call these types winners. No settling for less than his own expectations and no participation trophies for my son. And one thing I'm sure of is he won't be working for your son because what you describe is the kind of boy who follows, mine leads.

Based on what you wrote, you want your kid to pursue YOUR dream. Too bad he will never reach your goals. How many professional athletes have come from your high school's HISTORY? 3? 6? 10? none? How many Craig Biggios or Jumbo Elliotts did you know? Like I stated, he can come work for my son after he done crushing your dreams. [/quote]

Too funny how aggressive you are here but you advocate for such a passive approach, just remember that being a winner is a learned trait. [/quote]

Passive approach? No. Realistic approach? Yes. Winner? What would you know about winning? Hopefully, you will learn from this and lower your kid's lacrosse expectations. You can thank me the next time I pull up to your Drive-Thru window.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not judging. Just an observation.It must be quite difficult, with the WP's extreme practice schedule, the other sports, and oh ya, school... I do agree that there is something to be said about commitment.I would also never judge a parent for wanting there children to improve, learn and have fun with any sport.Again,Just observing that besides the WP's schedule of games and practices I do see there helmets playing for other teams.To me, that seems to be a bit to much for 8 and 9yr olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try again Mrs/MR Everybody gets a trophy, I don't set any expectations other than asking for his best efforts. And shame on us, we understand that life is competition and as his parents enjoy his SUCCESS (and the occasional failure). Most importantly he enjoys WINNING and best of all he loves his A Team and warm hugs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try again Mrs/MR Everybody gets a trophy, I don't set any expectations other than asking for his best efforts. And shame on us, we understand that life is competition and as his parents enjoy his SUCCESS (and the occasional failure). Most importantly he enjoys WINNING and best of all he loves his A Team and warm hugs

You're suffering from CSW (Charlie Sheen Winning). It explains a lot. Seek help. I pray your son doesn't from the same affliction when he gets older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what team is your son on buddy? We know he is not on WP or Taz so who is he doing all this winning with? Looking forward to your response, which I doubt we will get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you that Obnoxious Dad on the sidelines that EVERYBODY hates? You poor son. smh.....WINNING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning is a contagious disease. What team is not even a point of discussion but it is clearly an A team.

Ultimately what I think is guided by the greats including Coach John Wooden who authored a lecture and a book about the Pyramid of Success. The Pyramid of Success consists of philosophical building blocks for winning at basketball and at life. At the top of the Pyramid of Success was "Competitive Greatness" which Wooden defined as "Perform at your best when your best is required. Your best is required each day."

Words to live by in my home. No yelling required.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning is a contagious disease. What team is not even a point of discussion but it is clearly an A team.

Ultimately what I think is guided by the greats including Coach John Wooden who authored a lecture and a book about the Pyramid of Success. The Pyramid of Success consists of philosophical building blocks for winning at basketball and at life. At the top of the Pyramid of Success was "Competitive Greatness" which Wooden defined as "Perform at your best when your best is required. Your best is required each day."

You do realize that Wooden's book was aimed at adults, not 9 year old children, right?

You remind me of a movie I saw once..."The Great Santini".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight. You are not a WP or Taz dad but your 2024 is clearly on an A team. So we know it's not Express because you didn't get asked to be part of the Avengers last year after the Titans disbanded. Outlaws, TLI Empire, E3 , etc are all B teams so you can't be there. Got it, your that annoying Igloo dad that paid 3 grand last year and believed you were part of an A team. Oh well, think again. They are still a B team even with a few of their adds this year. Not to hard to figure you out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight. You are not a WP or Taz dad but your 2024 is clearly on an A team. So we know it's not Express because you didn't get asked to be part of the Avengers last year after the Titans disbanded. Outlaws, TLI Empire, E3 , etc are all B teams so you can't be there. Got it, your that annoying Igloo dad that paid 3 grand last year and believed you were part of an A team. Oh well, think again. They are still a B team even with a few of their adds this year. Not to hard to figure you out.

You got it Eisenstein. Whatever makes you feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that Wooden's book was aimed at adults, not 9 year old children, right?

You remind me of a movie I saw once..."The Great Santini".

The real thing I want to ask, Lord, is that all these boys make the first team in that great game of life. If they make mistakes, Lord, blow the whistle because you’re the great referee. Call time out and bring them to center court for another jump ball. Don’t let them go out of bounds, Lord. If they bust a play, make ’em run wind-sprints and figure eights but stay with ’em, Lord. Coach ’em all the way to the championship of life. A-men.” “A-men,” the team echoed in relief.”
― Pat Conroy, The Great Santini

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not judging. Just an observation.It must be quite difficult, with the WP's extreme practice schedule, the other sports, and oh ya, school... I do agree that there is something to be said about commitment.I would also never judge a parent for wanting there children to improve, learn and have fun with any sport.Again,Just observing that besides the WP's schedule of games and practices I do see there helmets playing for other teams.To me, that seems to be a bit to much for 8 and 9yr olds.

and 10yr olds on the WP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Team or no Team, that's my opinion, I'm with this guy, it's just better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad thing is that this age group is a weak one in general. Similar to 2022. Top teams are behind Maryland teams already and that gap will only grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you, actually your kid went from the Titans (C Team) to Igloo (B- team) and all of a sudden you are with the A team. Sorry to burst your bubble but you are still B. Better teach your kid if he wants to be a "winner" he needs to make to Pack, or even the Taz because Igloo is as you would say....Average. Your poor must hate you.

Is Igloo avoiding fall ball again this year? For 3 grand you think they wound throw you a fall tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team or no team you said. So thousands of kids ,who love the sport, who at 9 aren't A caliber yet, shouldn't play. They should play x box. You better hope one day, someone a little quicker or a little better dosent come along and replace your A team son. Sometimes the best 9 year olds are only average 14 year olds. A statement like that makes you sound so ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 boys that play travel. From 2019 to 2024. Biggest idiot comments consistently right here. It's unreal. Think that maybe he parents here have 2024 kids as their oldest. You all do realize at 12 or 13 puberty hits and everything changes. It's insane the change in ability in those years. And size. And aggression.
My boys have a choice every year - play or don't play. I don't care. Lacrosse happens to be their passion, so they play.
Enjoy these younger years while you can. Idiotic comments on 2024 are almost comical.
First and last post here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team or no team you said. So thousands of kids ,who love the sport, who at 9 aren't A caliber yet, shouldn't play. They should play x box. You better hope one day, someone a little quicker or a little better dosent come along and replace your A team son. Sometimes the best 9 year olds are only average 14 year olds. A statement like that makes you sound so ignorant.

Not discussing caliber or level of play, just don't ever want my boy on the second team in any organization. If my son gets beat then we go find another organization. Always play A, it is just better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you, actually your kid went from the Titans (C Team) to Igloo (B- team) and all of a sudden you are with the A team. Sorry to burst your bubble but you are still B. Better teach your kid if he wants to be a "winner" he needs to make to Pack, or even the Taz because Igloo is as you would say....Average. Your poor must hate you.

Is Igloo avoiding fall ball again this year? For 3 grand you think they wound throw you a fall tourney.

Igloo parent here, fortunately we have one team that is going to play at a high level and will get all of the organizations attention makes it an excellent value. Plus how they handle the details and the time we get make it worth every penny. Don't be a hater, the boys will be able to let their play do the talking. Not all you loudmouths.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo parent here, fortunately we have one team that is going to play at a high level and will get all of the organizations attention makes it an excellent value. Plus how they handle the details and the time we get make it worth every penny. Don't be a hater, the boys will be able to let their play do the talking. Not all you loudmouths.

Great program, great coach. To bad you have one crazy former Titans dad roaming the sidelines. Also, time will tell what level they play at. Hard to tell that now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if coach wooden , wrote that concerning 9 year old kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if coach wooden , wrote that concerning 9 year old kids.

I hear he coached the A Team!

Page 13 of 73 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard