BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 144 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI Express 2017 Piranhas/Korwan made it to the championship game after beating fl$ at the fl$ tournament today. They lost to the very tough Gladiators in the championship game. Major talent on the Piranhas, this team stays together they will be unstoppable.

I agree, lot's of talent on that LI Express 2017 Piranhas/Korwan team across the board. Congratulations to a very good Gladiator team, it was a great championship game especially the first half.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah.. but Victor is a "Town Team"..

Yes Victor is a "Town Team " just like Smithtown and Sachem and West Islip and I could go on and on but you should get the picture, a very good town team. Same group that defeated the now 7th grade 91 group last year at Lehigh, and gave a very strong 8th grade 91 group a solid effort on Saturday in the Finals. I was there and watched the game, it seems the only person who it really bothered was JD, who lost his little mind berating his players and storming the field to convey his displeasure with the referees. Napoleon met his Waterloo on June 18,1815 in Belgium, JD met his June 16,2012 in Lehigh

OMG Historiclly correct and totally Hillarious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is JD? is he with 91 or Turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be more "KOOL-AID" as well. Believe what you are told..... Have you noticed the amount of VERY talented athletes surfacing at ALL age divisions, and from MANY areas? A reality that we may face soon is that there are MANY teams who can out-muscle the FORMER kid-superstars. The large check book and willingness to work hard is NO substitute for raw power and God-given natural talent. That big KP kid is only part of a strong team. A team of good kids, coached by an extremely competent staff.
Enjoy it....while it lasts

That FORMER superstar straight 7 th grade team went 3-1 yesterday at Lehigh in 7/8A bracket hand 91 2016 white a 8-3 loss. Imagine the hurt they would put on 2017.

Too bad they lost to Victor in the third game. They are not invincible in the 2017 bracket.

Obviously you missed something. They played in a 7/8A bracket as a straight 7 th grade team against bigger and stronger kids. Losing one game is not the end of the world and good to know how to handle not only the wins. BTW they ARE invincible in the 2017 age group. Not defined by my words but by record. Good day sir!

I know what they played in. Like most true A teams, they can play up in a B bracket and win. Not competitive against true A teams at higher grade levels. Tell me who they beat at Lehigh that were true A teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me what other teams are playing up? And i'm not talking 4th grade and below. 5th into 6thA, 6th in 7thA or u-13A, 7th into 8th-A or u-15A, 8th into 9th or jv-A. for all the talk about how good all these clubs are I rarely see them challenging themselves. you have to at least give the turtles credit for taking the risk and playing in a tougher division than the 2017 at fl$ tourney or the 7/8th B at Legigh where all the other 2017 teams were.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me what other teams are playing up? And i'm not talking 4th grade and below. 5th into 6thA, 6th in 7thA or u-13A, 7th into 8th-A or u-15A, 8th into 9th or jv-A. for all the talk about how good all these clubs are I rarely see them challenging themselves. you have to at least give the turtles credit for taking the risk and playing in a tougher division than the 2017 at fl$ tourney or the 7/8th B at Legigh where all the other 2017 teams were.

Now it's no good to play your age level? You have to play up to be considered good? Make up your mind all knowing and all powerful shelled ones!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your going to play up.. don't cry when one of your kids get smashed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not aware of any Express Orange teams that play up in the most competitive "A" or "AA" brackets. Like the prior poster said, most can play up but just in the B bracket. There is usually a wide gap between Orange teams by grade until you get to rising juniors when it gets closer. The current 2015 Orange team probably could not beat the 2014 Orange and similarily the 2016 Orange team would get run over by the 2015 Orange. Just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Orange won the 3/4th grade bracket at Lehigh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you need to ask you don't need to know

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why there needs to be some sort of ranking organizing system. Of course the first few weeks may be off a bit, but it gets the ball rolling.

If true A teams stick with true A ranking then there isnt this issue, but is there enough of those teams to go around. You dont want or need to play each other every weekend. A strong B or weak A should be abe to straddle the lines of Challenging themselves to play against A teams and wining against B teams. Even by challeneging themselves by playing up.

But if you are so interested in who the true A teams are can you start and list them. (you say you want to know from 5th up give it your best shot maybe seperate by location MD/PA/NJ/NY-LI/NY-west,CT, MA (NE) ).

but rememember only LI does it one year at a time everyone else blends the teams.

BTG

here is a chart to use to help the communtiy rank themselves. (copy to Word or Excel). For those interested in younger grades go ahead - for those who can rank B teams go ahead).

Born After
9/00 9/99 9/98 9/97 9/96
5th 6th 7th 8th JV Var
Region Rank A A A A A A
NY-li

NY West and UP

CT

New England

NJ

PA

MD

Wildcards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When there is a tournament which details A and AA. there should be no need to play up.

At a local tournament. The designation of A is arbitrary. In this case, the top teams in the younger grade can play up in an A pool bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be so proud. I bet those 3rd grade town teams you beat up were very impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you piranhas parents stop talking about your team. Hate to break it to you, you guys aren't that good and the fog tournament is a joke. You could not match up with Tb, the real express orange,91 orange, and the turtles and I guarantee you will never be unstoppable, just stop talking nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow - what an A$$, some of us read these forums and are not "in the no" so it was a legit questions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to concur. How is a team unstoppable when they got smacked in a championship team? Not a good statement to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow - what an A$$, some of us read these forums and are not "in the no" so it was a legit questions

Johnny Depp, Joe DiMaggio, James Dean, John Denver, Jimmy Durante, Johnny Damon, Jonathan Davis, Jimmy Dean, Judi Dench, JD Salinger, John Deere, John Dorian, Jack Dawson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point, the person did come off like an A$$. So, here is your info. JD is with Turtles. Founder of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That person is probably JD himself or one of the other two Turtle coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree. Based on the way they conduct themselves on the field, that type of response would not surprise me. If Turtles are so good why is it their coaches are constantly riding refs, players and whoever else they can find to argue with to gain and advantage for their team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Johnny Depp, Joe DiMaggio, James Dean, John Denver, Jimmy Durante, Johnny Damon, Jonathan Davis, Jimmy Dean, Judi Dench, JD Salinger, John Deere, John Dorian, Jack Dawson

Hey tool time, put down the Jack Daniels.... lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree. Based on the way they conduct themselves on the field, that type of response would not surprise me. If Turtles are so good why is it their coaches are constantly riding refs, players and whoever else they can find to argue with to gain and advantage for their team?

or scream "F" bombs everytime someone scores against them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey tool time, put down the Jack Daniels.... lol

Jack Daniels is funny the rest not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this...Are they called the turtles because the coaches are so short????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many more 11 year olds do you have on the Orange Crush? When I grew up that was a fifth grader, so let's not be so proud that your two best players are really playing down a year and should be playing against fifth graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Victor is a "Town Team " just like Smithtown and Sachem and West Islip and I could go on and on but you should get the picture, a very good town team. Same group that defeated the now 7th grade 91 group last year at Lehigh, and gave a very strong 8th grade 91 group a solid effort on Saturday in the Finals. I was there and watched the game, it seems the only person who it really bothered was JD, who lost his little mind berating his players and storming the field to convey his displeasure with the referees. Napoleon met his Waterloo on June 18,1815 in Belgium, JD met his June 16,2012 in Lehigh

The Rumour is JD stormed the field not to "convey his displeasure with the refs" but to berate a player from the opposing team who had the audacity to hit one of his Turtle players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup.. turtle kid got smashed and the end of the game and the coach vented cuse his team got killed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Rumour is JD stormed the field not to "convey his displeasure with the refs" but to berate a player from the opposing team who had the audacity to hit one of his Turtle players

Classy. If even half of this is true, why would you want your kid on the turtles. I don't care how good they are, do you really want your kid being involved and thinking this is acceptable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup.. turtle kid got smashed and the end of the game and the coach vented cuse his team got killed.

What a bunch of clowns on this thread. Everyone knows everything about a team and their coaches who do nothing but keep to themselves and throw nothing in anyone's face. There are other solutions to solve your ED problems rather than trying to get a "rise" out of 12/13 year old lacrosse. Play your own game, build your own team and if you ever have the nerve, contact the Turtles to play a game. Then again it's you parents doing all the whining. I'm sure your kids are quite happy doing their own thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many more 11 year olds do you have on the Orange Crush? When I grew up that was a fifth grader, so let's not be so proud that your two best players are really playing down a year and should be playing against fifth graders.

this has to stop - if a kid is in 4th grade he is a 4th grader, if it is a grade based tourney he is not "playing down" if he is in 5th grade and plays in a 4th grade division than he is "playing down" if it is a U11 and he was 10 on 8/31/2011 he is a U11 if he was 11 on 8/31/2011 and he plays in a U11 then he is playing down. get over it.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Napoleon complex. At least he was picking on someone his own size.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
this has to stop - if a kid is in 4th grade he is a 4th grader, if it is a grade based tourney he is not "playing down" if he is in 5th grade and plays in a 4th grade division than he is "playing down" if it is a U11 and he was 10 on 8/31/2011 he is a U11 if he was 11 on 8/31/2011 and he plays in a U11 then he is playing down. get over it.....
This is precisely why birth date, not class grade, should be the measuring stick. A student who SHOULD BE in fifth grade but is playing in a fourth grade bracket is playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bunch of clowns on this thread. Everyone knows everything about a team and their coaches who do nothing but keep to themselves and throw nothing in anyone's face. There are other solutions to solve your ED problems rather than trying to get a "rise" out of 12/13 year old lacrosse. Play your own game, build your own team and if you ever have the nerve, contact the Turtles to play a game. Then again it's you parents doing all the whining. I'm sure your kids are quite happy doing their own thing.

" Build your own team " so thats how its done not by contacting players from other teams for a "Tryout". Please the Turtles have been built by scouring the other teams for players out there and selling them on the "Turtle Way ". Does the sell include being berated and cursed at by a coach who appears to have been the last kid icked in the school yard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone truley know these boys birthdates. but for this week who cares, look what division they are playing this week. 5th grade.

I heard Bethesda scrimmaged one of the teams they were facing and got beaten up badly. Bethesda won but was spent afterwards.

could be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
This is precisely why birth date, not class grade, should be the measuring stick. A student who SHOULD BE in fifth grade but is playing in a fourth grade bracket is playing down.

Sage - I almost always agree with you but here I do not, the kids need to be ready for 7th grade middle school and beyond where it is grade based and not age based. most teams are being set up by graduating year not by age and most tournaments are as well. because lacrosse does not have the numbers that soccer has you have U9, U11, U13 and U15 not U9,U10,U11,U12 ect. so you still have the two year grouping. Recon goes by age and their U13 team is made up of both 7th and 8th graders and when they go to a grade based tournament they play in the 8th grade bracket. Recon could have a 7th grade kid born in '99 and an 8th grade team could could have "legal" kid born in '97 so you still have that large gap. They play grade based in PAl and Middle School and these kids should be able to stay together in the summer. - unless and until USLacrosse can standardize all leagues, teams and tournaments. cheating is cheating and that is another issue but I do not believe that a kid in 7th grade playing on a 7th grade team is cheating or "playing Down. just my opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're already 11 you should clearly be in 5th grade, if you choose to hold your kid back that's your decision and they benefit from that in sports. Just recognize that you're playing against younger kids, we could all hold our kids back a year and then they would be dominant too. Kids should play against kids there own age, that's what is fair, having an 11 year old play against 9 year olds and having that kid never come off the field is not cool or impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be clear, they are playing in the 5th grade B division....yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
of course, why get beat by 91 2019 orange again!

Lets go White 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids on Long Island are being held back that we are having all this conversation? I know a few kids that were not held back but just started kindergarten late and are now older and those decisions are usually social and development issues and not about athletics, I know of one kid who repeated 8th grade this year and do I think that was a lacrosse decision because he was talented but small so even playing 8th grade again this summer he is hardly physically dominating - i also wonder if everybody that is obsessed with this age thing will not allow their kids to move up in middle school to JV because they don't want to play against kids that are older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it is an obsession of so many people because it's flat out unfair to the kids who are age appropriate. there is a simple solution, go by calendar birth year. once you get into middle school and high school you have to deal with playing against older kids, but because at a young age kids develop so much year-to-year it's really stupid to have kids of varying ages play against each other. lacrosse is the only sport that does it this way, all other organized youth sports do it by age.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 144 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard