BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 76 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Frank is giving up raising chickens?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some clarification please. The second 2022 Igloo team is a B team that will be playing in an A division correct? Parents who kids made the second team are claiming these two Igloo teams are justlike Smash and United, both A teams. How could this be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some clarification please. The second 2022 Igloo team is a B team that will be playing in an A division correct? Parents who kids made the second team are claiming these two Igloo teams are justlike Smash and United, both A teams. How could this be?

I believe they looked at the second tier of kids who did not make the top team and felt they could get enough kids out of that group to commit and to pay $3,000 and form another team. They also picked up a handful of kids from last year jesters team as the jesters could not field a team. Not saying they will not be competitive but would not compare them to smash/united. I think there are some parents talking and trying to justify the large expense. Not saying they will not be a good team but how anyone could say they will be another top tier team without stepping on the field is ridiculous. Do the math on the tuition and 23 kids and you get a pretty good answer on why they have a second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they looked at the second tier of kids who did not make the top team and felt they could get enough kids out of that group to commit and to pay $3,000 and form another team. They also picked up a handful of kids from last year jesters team as the jesters could not field a team. Not saying they will not be competitive but would not compare them to smash/united. I think there are some parents talking and trying to justify the large expense. Not saying they will not be a good team but how anyone could say they will be another top tier team without stepping on the field is ridiculous. Do the math on the tuition and 23 kids and you get a pretty good answer on why they have a second team.

Jesters could have fielded team if unscrupulous parents weren't campaigning and stealing players at the actual tryouts. There was plenty of talent there, but a few parents caused panic and left the other kids without a team. Very malicious and selfish behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure it's fair to call these parents unscrupulous. Some kids were leaving no matter what or regardless of who came to tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters could have fielded team if unscrupulous parents weren't campaigning and stealing players at the actual tryouts. There was plenty of talent there, but a few parents caused panic and left the other kids without a team. Very malicious and selfish behavior.

Jesters 2022 team folded? That is hard to believe. They were a good team last year. Very unfortunate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure it's fair to call these parents unscrupulous. Some kids were leaving no matter what or regardless of who came to tryouts.

The ones who left properly know who they are. People do what's best for their kids and all families understood that. The Parents that came up to people at tryouts , that they hadn't said a word to all last season and "warned" them about everyone leaving and telling to come to tryouts? I think unscrupulous is a nice word to describe this behavior. I could think of a lot worse. Never thought or cared about the other kids they were effecting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will post under complaints because my response crosses over many ages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are idiots. Igloo has an A team that has never beat smash and never lost to united Sonia arguably the #2 team on LI or close too it...let's just say they are very good. They had enough interest and enough talent to field a B team. No shame, they will compete with and may be better than outlaws, express B, legacy, true blue etc. no they won't beat smash or united but who cares. If they get the usual 50+ igloo practices on dedicated fields, great coaches and trainers, great swag etc. then what is the beef? It costs $3000? That's the beef? Instead of $2,600?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years jesters team was not even close to an A not surprised they folded , bottom line is igloo took the best 22 kids that tried out and put them on the A team , and a second team was formed with kids that's were left over. Call it want u want. I'm sure that second team will be copetitve but not on a A team level. Smash will still be on top but express ,United and igloo A will be closing the gap. The rest of the teams all on the same level B at best .Gonna be a great season Good luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are idiots. Igloo has an A team that has never beat smash and never lost to united Sonia arguably the #2 team on LI or close too it...let's just say they are very good. They had enough interest and enough talent to field a B team. No shame, they will compete with and may be better than outlaws, express B, legacy, true blue etc. no they won't beat smash or united but who cares. If they get the usual 50+ igloo practices on dedicated fields, great coaches and trainers, great swag etc. then what is the beef? It costs $3000? That's the beef? Instead of $2,600?

Pecking order will change this year except for Smash. Some teams got better, some got worse and some stayed more or less the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's still less than the $3500 that fl$ charges for their B+ team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years jesters team was not even close to an A not surprised they folded , bottom line is igloo took the best 22 kids that tried out and put them on the A team , and a second team was formed with kids that's were left over. Call it want u want. I'm sure that second team will be copetitve but not on a A team level. Smash will still be on top but express ,United and igloo A will be closing the gap. The rest of the teams all on the same level B at best .Gonna be a great season Good luck.

Thanks for the insightful comments about 11 year old lacrosse. And what "A" team does you son play for that makes you such an expert ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is Igloo formed a 2nd team because they lost a 2019 team it folded which is embarrassing in itself..needed to make up money and told them to recruit 2022 kids and people fell for it and are on a b team. It's called being a sucker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is Igloo formed a 2nd team because they lost a 2019 team it folded which is embarrassing in itself..needed to make up money and told them to recruit 2022 kids and people fell for it and are on a b team. It's called being a sucker

And a 2018 team is gone as well! Luckily 2022 parents willing to pay 3k for the gear and sweatshirts! This team will be a B team as advertised !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

listen angry man, No need to call people an idiot when you sound like one. No one is putting the team down just questioning why the parents on the team are running around saying they are going to be the next smash/united. Your team started this chatter. tell your parents to pipe down and see what happens on the field. No one questions that it will be a competitive team. your parents need to stop pounding there chests and just let the kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And a 2018 team is gone as well! Luckily 2022 parents willing to pay 3k for the gear and sweatshirts! This team will be a B team as advertised !

Don't tell me that some of these parents think the second team they formed is an A team. Can someone explain why they lost those two teams . maybe the ones who were doing the recruiting would know. Nice job guys suckering these parents in. No morals at all. Next time please write the check for them or at least give them a little discount off the top or is that your piece

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo never had a 2019 team. tried to form one this year, but didnt come to fruition.so it never folded. 2022 2nd team came about because the demand was there. probably 90+ tried out. guarantee the 2022-2nd team crushes TB, fl$, ICON, Legacy, Bluefish..they will be good.
2021 Avalanche was damn good last year. Haters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's still less than the $3500 that fl$ charges for their B+ team.

Igloo is trying to do what 91 did when they formed Stampede teams. They are trying to be glorified B team and milk it for a few years and win some B tournaments but when they play in the A brackets in a few years they will get their a__ handed to them just like the Older Stampede team did. Some games were embarrassing for them when the tournaments weren't fixed to give them a few wins in A tournaments...You will see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And why can't there just be a good B team in a good organization. Believe it or not, sometimes that's just fine for the sane parents. The boys aren't taking their tournament championship tshirts to college with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed...and in addition someone please put to rest the A team B team debate for me. This Igloo team is "technically" the B team within the organization..no problem with that. It just seems to me that "B team" is used on here as a derogatory term, not just to describe the pecking order in an organization. So leaving all the expertly trained eyes out of it for a second...if this team ends up beating everyone other than Smash, United and Igloo...are they an A level (lacrosse talent) team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And why can't there just be a good B team in a good organization. Believe it or not, sometimes that's just fine for the sane parents. The boys aren't taking their tournament championship tshirts to college with them.

That's fine but people were calling them an A team which obviously they are not. Big difference between the two. Like night and day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed...and in addition someone please put to rest the A team B team debate for me. This Igloo team is "technically" the B team within the organization..no problem with that. It just seems to me that "B team" is used on here as a derogatory term, not just to describe the pecking order in an organization. So leaving all the expertly trained eyes out of it for a second...if this team ends up beating everyone other than Smash, United and Igloo...are they an A level (lacrosse talent) team?

Keep smoking and pass it on. Then please only play in A tournaments that aren't rigged and see where you stand. It could get very ugly quickly for the kids. Be careful what you wish for and make sure all the kids can catch and throw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep smoking and pass it on. Then please only play in A tournaments that aren't rigged and see where you stand. It could get very ugly quickly for the kids. Be careful what you wish for and make sure all the kids can catch and throw

agreed ,gonna be very ugly shouldn't guarantee anything you can lose that whole team if you cant deliver welcome to travel lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "ugly" stems from the parents.... Not the players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo never had a 2019 team. tried to form one this year, but didnt come to fruition.so it never folded. 2022 2nd team came about because the demand was there. probably 90+ tried out. guarantee the 2022-2nd team crushes TB, fl$, ICON, Legacy, Bluefish..they will be good.

So they will "crush" a bunch of B teams and a team that hasn't even formed yet. The Outlaws, Legacey and Jesters crushed all those teams last year too. Big deal. You are really going out on a limb ! All that before first practice and check cleared! Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "ugly" stems from the parents.... Not the players

That's an understatement. Good luck with them!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shows how little you know.. I hope you actually did some research before plopping down 3 grand. Igloo had a 2019 and a 2018 team last year. they cancelled the 2018 team right before tryouts and than cancelled the 2019 team when only 20 kids showed up. So yes that would count as the team folded. there last year not this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is for 2022. Please take your conversations about other age groups to the appropriate thread. Thanks, Silent Majority

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whew..that was a good one!..add Express onto the list that they cant beat...fair?..on paper this team will be an improved Jesters team.That team by years end had beaten fl$,Outlaws and Legacy..so who else beats them? If it turns out they end up being 5th best in 2022..are they not an A team?..or are they the very best B team? Are top 4 of each age group only A teams?..just a question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy sh*t !! Who cares who's team is better. Is your kid getting better ? If so , by 8th grade try and get him on a top team that gets exposure. You parents sound ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My post is not to necessarily point out who is better...it's to shut up the people who love to come on here and label teams A & B. When facts come to play their responses seem to disappear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people on here keep acting like certain club teams will be the end all be all for your kids future in college. You need to stop. It's more than just being on prime club lacrosse teams. If people know of your kid, they're going to follow him and watch him. It also stems from from high school coaches and people that you know that are out in the world that can get people to come look at your kid so stop pushing your club saying that that's the only way your kid is ever going to get noticed. Stop using it as a selling point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whew..that was a good one!..add Express onto the list that they cant beat...fair?..on paper this team will be an improved Jesters team.That team by years end had beaten fl$,Outlaws and Legacy..so who else beats them? If it turns out they end up being 5th best in 2022..are they not an A team?..or are they the very best B team? Are top 4 of each age group only A teams?..just a question

So please don't enter them into one B tournament. Watch and see what happens when you play all A teams. Please tell your directors to stay the course and not subject your kids to any B teams all year. That would be the right thing to do wouldn't you agree?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. It's not 4 or 5 or 6 from LI. Other teams besides LI. FCA, west coast stars , 3D, Lb3, Laxachusetes, CT Chargers, sweet lax, crabs etc. If you can be competitive with those clubs, you are an A team. Don't have to beat them all, just be competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs offer the best exposure in recruiting years. Serious question here. How can playing for igloo help with exposure? I know express probably has the most connections but after that what are the top clubs to play for? Not about winning and losing. Who gets on top exposure tournaments. Please help with some advice. Not stupid comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the A teams in your eyes?..just curious as to how many there are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listed in Post above. LI , I would add Outlaws,Legacey and Jesters (last year) based on last years performances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listed in Post above. LI , I would add Outlaws,Legacey and Jesters (last year) based on last years performances.

Basing anything on last year is foolish. All of these teams have changed their rosters, kids develop, etc.

Let the boys play, then we'll find out who's who & what's what...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournament will the top team be at?

Page 6 of 76 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard