BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 73 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant fall jam is always good. Lost of travel teams will do Halloween Havoc or the Pumpkin Classic

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blatant fall jam is always good. Lost of travel teams will do Halloween Havoc or the Pumpkin Classic

Pumpkin Classic is brand new, how would you know that "lost" of travel teams will play in it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bulldog Fall Classic at Yale is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the Outlaws stack up against other Suffolk clubs? Not much written here about them. Are they considered a good program? How are their coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are at a level of a decent town team and usually that is what most of the team is. 2024 coach has very good credentials and believe team is made up of his northport kids . Watched a lot of tournament lax last year and did not see them play any of the top team teams and don't think it would have been close .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are at a level of a decent town team and usually that is what most of the team is. 2024 coach has very good credentials and believe team is made up of his northport kids . Watched a lot of tournament lax last year and did not see them play any of the top team teams and don't think it would have been close .

Don't listen to this fool. Besides pack and taz they are with everyone else. Avengers, express, igloo, TLI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't listen to this fool. Besides pack and taz they are with everyone else. Avengers, express, igloo, TLI

Exactly. Besides Pack and Taz every other club team is at about the level of a good town team. The difference being you will pay $2K to play for the club team and couple of hundred dollars to play for the town team.
With so many clubs vying for players and a new one popping up almost every week the clubs are not what they used to be.
15 years ago the handful of club teams were elite teams with only the best players and everyone else played for town teams.
Now there are so many clubs that the vast majority are no better than the good town teams.
parents today think it is a status symbol to be on a club team so they keep shelling out whatever the cost to say their kid plays for a club. It's sad. we're making people rich who figured out a way to market a dream to naďve parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all town teams are cheap. Our town is $1500 without fall & winter practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all town teams are cheap. Our town is $1500 without fall & winter practices.

Wow, someone is making some cash off your town team. Everything should and can be done for half of that cost including indoor training, tourney fees, uniforms, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Besides Pack and Taz every other club team is at about the level of a good town team. The difference being you will pay $2K to play for the club team and couple of hundred dollars to play for the town team.
With so many clubs vying for players and a new one popping up almost every week the clubs are not what they used to be.
15 years ago the handful of club teams were elite teams with only the best players and everyone else played for town teams.
Now there are so many clubs that the vast majority are no better than the good town teams.
parents today think it is a status symbol to be on a club team so they keep shelling out whatever the cost to say their kid plays for a club. It's sad. we're making people rich who figured out a way to market a dream to naďve parents.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think very few town teams have the same level of coaching, practices and tournaments. I also think you're stretching when you say the clubs above are same level as a good town team. Did any of them lose to a town team last year? I doubt it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. exactly. There are 2 quality club teams for 2024 on Long Island. That's it. The rest are just money grabs. Keep your money & play localy in your town. Your kid will be much happier!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes..yes. We ALL get it. It's the Pack, Taz then the MLL and D1 college programs. What would the rest of us ever do without the pack/taz parents to impart their wisdom upon us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the majority of parents on here just want to keep the stick in the kids hand and not fall behind the 8ball so to speak. While the Pack and Taz are both top tier teams, I believe kids can get something out of playing and being coached throughout the year. This is actually our first year playing travel, so thats at least what I expect. Is it a crazy amount of money ? Yes, but Im hoping for all the years activities it will be well spent. As said before, kids and coaches change programs left and right, so winning programs will change from year to year. This is a crazy cycle this travel lax has brought us all into, but hopefully we can build a strong healthy lax foundation for our boys. What we can do as parents is enforce good sportsmanship and morals along the way. That means not being too critical of 9 year old boys, and letting them still have fun at this stage. Are you all willing to give that to them at least ? I know I am.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the majority of parents on here just want to keep the stick in the kids hand and not fall behind the 8ball so to speak. While the Pack and Taz are both top tier teams, I believe kids can get something out of playing and being coached throughout the year. This is actually our first year playing travel, so thats at least what I expect. Is it a crazy amount of money ? Yes, but Im hoping for all the years activities it will be well spent. As said before, kids and coaches change programs left and right, so winning programs will change from year to year. This is a crazy cycle this travel lax has brought us all into, but hopefully we can build a strong healthy lax foundation for our boys. What we can do as parents is enforce good sportsmanship and morals along the way. That means not being too critical of 9 year old boys, and letting them still have fun at this stage. Are you all willing to give that to them at least ? I know I am.

Well said. Nice to see positive posts like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of valid points about town lax vs. club lax. Many clubs are probably watered down a bit since 15 years ago. The cost is expensive but is it worth it? The added drills, practices and tourneys should help a player develop a lot quicker. They will also build up a camaraderie with teammates. The downside of not joining a club is that I think town coaches will favor club kids more simply because they'll think they're more dedicated to the game and that the town kid will leave the sport in a year or so anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes..yes. We ALL get it. It's the Pack, Taz then the MLL and D1 college programs. What would the rest of us ever do without the pack/taz parents to impart their wisdom upon us.

I never said that. I merely said that they are the elite 2024 teams at this time. I have been around this sport for a long time. Played in HS but not college and both my boys played for good D2 programs but were not superstars. Many of those current "elite" players on Pack and Taz wont even start on their varsity team because they will be passed by other boys who haven't even picked up a stick yet or they will get burned out and just stop playing. Everything changes between 12 and 15 years old when they hit puberty. Don't burn your kids out. Let them be kids and have fun. I just hate what I see this sport becoming. It is going the way of baseball and soccer as a big money youth sport with everyone buying into the hype and chasing a pipedream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New season. Here come the 'pack haters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said that. I merely said that they are the elite 2024 teams at this time. I have been around this sport for a long time. Played in HS but not college and both my boys played for good D2 programs but were not superstars. Many of those current "elite" players on Pack and Taz wont even start on their varsity team because they will be passed by other boys who haven't even picked up a stick yet or they will get burned out and just stop playing. Everything changes between 12 and 15 years old when they hit puberty. Don't burn your kids out. Let them be kids and have fun. I just hate what I see this sport becoming. It is going the way of baseball and soccer as a big money youth sport with everyone buying into the hype and chasing a pipedream.

It cracks me up to see the word "elite" being used to describe 3rd grade lacrosse...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given the under achievement of you and your boys I'm not sure you should be giving the rest of us advice. Also, do you have a kid in this age group or are you just trolling around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade

My mistake - that changes everything!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It cracks me up to see the word "elite" being used to describe 3rd grade lacrosse...

3rd grade or 4th grade it still is funny to call them elite.
They may be the best teams for their age in the area currently but that does not make them elite. and no 3rd or 4th grade player is elite. Come back and see what you have in 10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given the under achievement of you and your boys I'm not sure you should be giving the rest of us advice. Also, do you have a kid in this age group or are you just trolling around?

Under achievement? LOL....I guess you were an all-American stud weren't you? LOL I feel sorry for your son, he will never live up to your expectations.

I never thought of lacrosse as a means to an end for my boys but it did help them get into some good academic schools and they are both doing very well for themselves now.
And no, I do not have a son in the age group but I do have a nephew in the age group and I am still involved with the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz / Pack ...... Pack / Taz. Let's see how many of those kids are still playing in 10 years and enjoying it. We played them once, and the amount of yelling directed at 9 year olds was insane. I know of kids on teams that can make them (easily) but choose not to go the route at win at all costs. Enjoy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easily? Sure you do. Jealousy shining through. Haha go have a catch with your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do teams start practicing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easily? Sure you do. Jealousy shining through. Haha go have a catch with your son.

I really hope that this is a 9 year old responding back. You should be embarrassed of yourself. So childish and obnoxious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New season. Here come the 'pack haters!

Nobody "hates" the pack...dope. The kids are awesome! We're all just a little tired of the SOME of the "pack daddies" and "Taddies" Instead of just being happy with their kids development they feel the need to tear other kids and teams down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo will start next week. I am sure WP (2 adays until school started) and Taz have already started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo will start next week. I am sure WP (2 adays until school started) and Taz have already started.

Express starts next weekend too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not the WP parents my friend. Its the same #$%@ stirrer from day one that pretends to be part of the team. WP parents are not the big mouths, people who tried to be part of the team and didn't get the nod are the big mouths. Dad or in my opinion Mom is the stirrer that has everyone fooled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats the deal with express? a/b team or team 1/2 or names? from what i hear they are both pretty even with talented kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats the deal with express? a/b team or team 1/2 or names? from what i hear they are both pretty even with talented kids

Should be pretty even. The crazies on this site will say they are both B teams because they are not the WP or Taz. It's safe to say both teams will be better then last years Express team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be pretty even. The crazies on this site will say they are both B teams because they are not the WP or Taz. It's safe to say both teams will be better then last years Express team.

That is a pretty low bar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many kids on LI who can make Pac and Taz. I know of a few on our town team alone. The smart parents will allow there child to experience and commit to other sports at this age. Do you know how many times I have seen Taz and Pac helmets playing for other club teams??Can anyone say burn-out.
Let them be able to love the sport when they are 18.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The handful of good players from Avengers made the Express A team. The rest are on Express B. There is definitely an Express A and B team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The handful of good players from Avengers made the Express A team. The rest are on Express B. There is definitely an Express A and B team this year.

You are forgetting a bunch of good players also ended up staying with the B team. Kids that would have made the A team but decided to stay with the coach.

To say Express is going form awful last year to an A team this year because of a handful of players moved over is a bit of a stretch. We will find out this fall how good both teams are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did all of the Avengers move to Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many kids on LI who can make Pac and Taz. I know of a few on our town team alone. The smart parents will allow there child to experience and commit to other sports at this age. Do you know how many times I have seen Taz and Pac helmets playing for other club teams??Can anyone say burn-out.
Let them be able to love the sport when they are 18.
hate to break this to you guy but 100% of the boys on Wolfpack play at least one but most play 2-3 additional sports including football, basketball, wrestling, ice hockey and soccer. The coach is a huge advocate of it and preaches the importance of it constantly. Most of them play these other sports together as well. Look, committing at this level is certainly not for everyone. Some feel it is a huge sacrifice. You are certainly entitled to your opinions. I do however know 20 sets of parents that feel differently and 20 boys that love every minute of it. Who are you to judge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thor and Hulk stayed behind.

Page 12 of 73 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard