BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Re: LI Outlaws News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone who thinks their kid has a chance at making their select teams or "A" teams should think again. Those spots are locked up by previous players, kids who were hand picked prior to try outs or kids who play for the high school coaches who are now board members. Yes there may be a couple of exceptions, but the directors know who most of the kids are that they want before try outs start.
If you want to make the A team you better be heads and shoulders above their current players. Usually 3 to 5 new kids get offers for the A team, most decline. The best way to make the A team is to be the best player on the B team for a year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who thinks their kid has a chance at making their select teams or "A" teams should think again. Those spots are locked up by previous players, kids who were hand picked prior to try outs or kids who play for the high school coaches who are now board members. Yes there may be a couple of exceptions, but the directors know who most of the kids are that they want before try outs start.
\

If calls went out and all the teams are set why are they advertising more tryouts this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They still need 2018 players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\

If calls went out and all the teams are set why are they advertising more tryouts this weekend?

Money!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? I saw them this summer they looked pretty
Good what happened?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good what happened?

They looked average last year and lost few of best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are still positions left . Good luck to the boys who are trying to make the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good what happened?

where did those players go. Was it HD related. Did they go where more of their HD buddies went

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good what happened?

Can you please just worry about your son's team? Which team is that anyway? (he won't say) For the record, lost one top player and one was never there anyway. Both made choices they felt worked best for them. Kept all of their other top guys and will add much needed depth. Many new players may be some of the best on the new team. Overall, team will be much stronger top to bottom. If you're that interested, your son can still try out in second round this weekend. They are giving everyone a chance to compete for a spot. Or call MB and set up a scrimmage in the late fall with your son's team. It's about recruiting now, many players on this new team have multiple D1 schools interested in them. The club is doing an outstanding job supporting that process. Many kids will make commitments this year on this team. The OL 2017 team, 15+ commits and more pending. 2016 team, 26 commits. Good luck to your son. Please, move on already and stop with bashing of these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good what happened?

Can you please just worry about your son's team? Which team is that anyway? (he won't say) For the record, lost one top player and one was never there anyway. Both made choices they felt worked best for them. Kept all of their other top guys and will add much needed depth. Many new players may be some of the best on the new team. Overall, team will be much stronger top to bottom. If you're that interested, your son can still try out in second round this weekend. They are giving everyone a chance to compete for a spot. Or call MB and set up a scrimmage in the late fall with your son's team. It's about recruiting now, many players on this new team have multiple D1 schools interested in them. The club is doing an outstanding job supporting that process. Many kids will make commitments this year on this team. The OL 2017 team, 15+ commits and more pending. 2016 team, 26 commits. Good luck to your son. Please, move on already and stop with bashing of these kids.

No one ever said anything about the kids. It's the organization that has come under fire. The lack of a good coach, lack of practices, it was the lack of of anything that was amazing. It was the complete lack of what was promised that is coming under fire. The director said that the team had 2 to 3 possible players that can play D1 ball. Team had a lot more than that. It was very talented. The team was coached and managed poorly losing games they should never have lost to teams with inferior talent. They never were given a chance to show how talented they really were. It became a [lacrosse] show. If there was a practice 12 players showed, at tournaments 14 kids showed. Kids got disgusted with it, as did parents driving 4 to 5 hours in traffic to have barely enough kids to field a team. It all starts at the top. Remember this was a team of over 30. Many intended to leave but due to their high school coaches being made directors they are forced to stay. These are facts. As an A team they were coached and treated like a C team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Good what happened?

No one ever said anything about the kids. It's the organization that has come under fire. The lack of a good coach, lack of practices, it was the lack of of anything that was amazing. It was the complete lack of what was promised that is coming under fire. The director said that the team had 2 to 3 possible players that can play D1 ball. Team had a lot more than that. It was very talented. The team was coached and managed poorly losing games they should never have lost to teams with inferior talent. They never were given a chance to show how talented they really were. It became a [lacrosse] show. If there was a practice 12 players showed, at tournaments 14 kids showed. Kids got disgusted with it, as did parents driving 4 to 5 hours in traffic to have barely enough kids to field a team. It all starts at the top. Remember this was a team of over 30. Many intended to leave but due to their high school coaches being made directors they are forced to stay. These are facts. As an A team they were coached and treated like a C team.

It seems the same person keeps writing the same things. Just to clarify there was an expanded roster of 34 kids last year and 30 signed up for tryouts, not 1 was forced to by any high school coach. Out of the 4 that did not I had personal conversations with 3 of them.

We cut the expanded roster so we can have 1 cohesive team. One thing you wrote is true, since we had an expanded roster parents thought it was OK to not show up to tpurnaments, what they did not realize was there was only 20-22 registered for each tournament. With around 100 at tryouts over 3 weeks, we are going to put together teams for the 2018 level that are much improved over last season, with kids that are committed to playing lacrosse at the highest level, getting high level training and getting recruited.

There are spots open on all teams for this weekends tryouts.

LI Outlaws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the team's finally settled or will there be more changes and waiting?

Let the boys get on with a little lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many were pushed by volunteer assistant coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Things were settled weeks ago. If your waiting your getting strung along. No team waits until the third tryout to make roster. It's to fill the unexpected 1-2 spot that they thought were filled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will we find out the results of this weekends tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Things were settled weeks ago. If your waiting your getting strung along. No team waits until the third tryout to make roster. It's to fill the unexpected 1-2 spot that they thought were filled.

Many organizations try to leave a roster spot or two open in case somebody shows up out of nowhere and blows them away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many organizations try to leave a roster spot or two open in case somebody shows up out of nowhere and blows them away

It's still 1-2 spots and to your point only if the "blow them away". So you agree with my point, but you don't want to admit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if it's like the last time. If you were already on a team and did not move up you, you were not emailed or will everyone from the last tryout get an email?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if it's like the last time. If you were already on a team and did not move up you, you were not emailed or will everyone from the last tryout get an email?

The process is so clear isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How soon do we hear from coaches about practices, tourneys, uniforms, helmets, etc.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow already.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not ask the question but I can understand where the person is coming from. They did not wait to ask for money after the first tryout how long ago, plus if you're new to travel lax you may want to know when they start things up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not ask the question but I can understand where the person is coming from. They did not wait to ask for money after the first tryout how long ago, plus if you're new to travel lax you may want to know when they start things up.

Thanks. Yes I'm new to travel lax. I was more curious because no club offers any info regarding anything that I asked. We have commitments for three kids to other sports as well. It would be nice to get dates at least so I can start to make the necessary arrangements.
I am finding out that they're a lot of idiots who live vicariously through their kids in club lax. Hopefully, it's just limited to this board. The parents of the town team that my son plays on all get along great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got an email today
My sons team has first practice this saturday

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LI Outlaws will be hosting private tryouts for the following ages/positions starting this weekend. Please call Pat Brennan at 631-553-0771 to set up. This list will be updated frequently to reflect current needs.

2025/2026 Black - 2/3 Midfield 2 Defense 
2024 Select - 1 Midfield 1 Defense
2023 Black - 2/3 Midfield 1 Defense 1 Goalie
2022 Black/Select - 2 Defense
2020 Black - 1 Defense 2 Midfield

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The previous poster is right. If your kid is a select player you should be fine, but if he's not, don't expect the director or "recruiting coordinator" to go out of their way to offer any guidance or help. The kids who are committed could have played anywhere and been noticed. Not because they play for the outlaws, but because they're good. If you're not on select or the top team in the age group you will most likely not get what they promise you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The previous poster is right. If your kid is a select player you should be fine, but if he's not, don't expect the director or "recruiting coordinator" to go out of their way to offer any guidance or help. The kids who are committed could have played anywhere and been noticed. Not because they play for the outlaws, but because they're good. If you're not on select or the top team in the age group you will most likely not get what they promise you.

Come on really? So all the other kids that committed on other LI teams, committed because of the team they're on? You can't be serious? What guidance and help are you looking for? If your son gets noticed, you'll get guidance, I now this for a fact. They can't get the looks for your son, he needs to produce them. Also, if your son wasn't good enough to make the top team at OL or somewhere else, do you really think many D1 schools will be interested in him? Be a little realistic. Your son's time will come, most likely between the summer of 11th and 12th grade. Until then, have him focus on playing hard and growing as a player. Have him play in some individual showcases. If Syracuse, Cornell and Brown come calling I a sure you the organization will represent your son well. If they don't, then you know where your son stands... Be honest with yourself and your son! Don't bash the club and it's players, it's working well for this parent and his player. Move on already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty realistic. He has gotten looks from d1 schools and is currently talking to several of them. The Outlaws have had nothing to do with it. It has all been through Individual showcases and prospect days. My point is, they make promises they don't keep. I never expected them to go out and sell my son to coaches, but if I needed input, feedback or a request to play at a showcase I expected to get it for my 2400, or at least a response to an email or call. My son may be lucky enough to play D1 or wait and play D2 or 3. I don't really care as long as he's happy and gets a good education. As far as The Outlaws go, don't represent yourselves to be something your not. The kids get themselves recruited. You guys just answer the phone and pass on messages like a secretary.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Heard 2019 Silver Team was cancelled. Any further information?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty realistic. He has gotten looks from d1 schools and is currently talking to several of them. The Outlaws have had nothing to do with it. It has all been through Individual showcases and prospect days. My point is, they make promises they don't keep. I never expected them to go out and sell my son to coaches, but if I needed input, feedback or a request to play at a showcase I expected to get it for my 2400, or at least a response to an email or call. My son may be lucky enough to play D1 or wait and play D2 or 3. I don't really care as long as he's happy and gets a good education. As far as The Outlaws go, don't represent yourselves to be something your not. The kids get themselves recruited. You guys just answer the phone and pass on messages like a secretary.

Have nothing to do with Organization agree with your statements. A lot of people think all you have to do is pay and nothing else. Concerning the price don't think my Kid would be playing travel now at 2,400.00 just to join a team. Minus Hotels and other travel expenses. Gald I'm out of it.
Fyi have kids playing D1,DII & DIII you seem to have the right attitude with where they wind up unlike most parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok great, do it yourself. Sounds like you don't need an organization. It's interesting how your experience with the support on recruiting can be almost 180 degrees different from what me and my son have experienced. We have, and continue to receive excellent support. Ask yourself? If your son had legit interest, why would they not help you? Of course they would. Yet we are to believe that they didn't want to help your kid. If they are as bad as you say they are, they would stop at nothing just to get ur son a commitment, so they could brag about how they did it... Right? Wake up, a long list of commits generates interest. Which gets more kids to sign up, which is what you say they're all about. See how silly you sound?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 silver team canceled too... I guess not enough interest after the way the tryouts went?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post is a little scattered. First of all, I never said they made a conscious effort not to help me. What they did do was to neglect my requests for the help and support they promised before they took my money. If they had been responsive, I would have used them as the contact for any possible interest my son may have gotten from showcases, tournaments or prospect days. Because We got no response to our requests, We began to use his HS coach which is why they are not involved. It's not because he doesn't have "legit interest". They have just been left out of the process. Second, Yes, we did start doing it on our own, but only after we realized the organization we chose to play for was going to be no help. Believe me, I would have welcomed any input or help from them. That's why we play for these clubs at the recruiting age. If I sound silly to you, then I guess the majority of the parents on my sons team are silly also because we all had similar experiences. It's great that you and your son are having a better experience, but believe me you're the exception not the rule. PB and MB. Just apologize to all the people you made empty promises to and start treating everyone like they're on one of your select teams. The very least they deserve is a call back or response to an email.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We had over 250 kids tryout combined for the 2021 and 2019 age brackets. We extended an option for a 3rd team invite to many, but did not get enough solid acceptances. We could have thrown kids together that were cut, collected the $ and let the team run as Outlaws Silver.

This is not how the Outlaws work. We will not put out a team that we feel is a C team. Every team needs to be able to compete and we did not think the 2019 and 2021 Silver would compete at a high enough level with acceptances we were and weren't getting. Even though we see it on here all the time, it is not all about the money- it is about a positive experience.

Every kid that was given a spot and accepted on these teams have been called and we are helping all find a new spot. Whether it be internally or externally we will take care of all the kids.

On a side note, please do not believe everything anonymous posters write on these forums. If you have a real question- call us, or email us. Anyone from competitors to parents that' we're disgruntled their kid wasn't put on a certain team can post on here and seem to try to bash and lie. We are all about being transparent so call or email and we will answer.

Within the recruiting process it is very important to be in an organization that is established, in the right tournaments and http right connections. It is important to have a director that will be the middle man between college coach and HS student and his parents. It is important to have coaches and directors who will go out of their way to vouch for their student athletes. With all that being said it is also of vital importance for the athlete to send emails, complete questionnaires, attend certain prospect days and stay pro active in the process. Getting recruited and committed is a different path for every kid and family, all have different needs and goals, but in general it should be a group effort to get all options on the table.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post is a little scattered. First of all, I never said they made a conscious effort not to help me. What they did do was to neglect my requests for the help and support they promised before they took my money. If they had been responsive, I would have used them as the contact for any possible interest my son may have gotten from showcases, tournaments or prospect days. Because We got no response to our requests, We began to use his HS coach which is why they are not involved. It's not because he doesn't have "legit interest". They have just been left out of the process. Second, Yes, we did start doing it on our own, but only after we realized the organization we chose to play for was going to be no help. Believe me, I would have welcomed any input or help from them. That's why we play for these clubs at the recruiting age. If I sound silly to you, then I guess the majority of the parents on my sons team are silly also because we all had similar experiences. It's great that you and your son are having a better experience, but believe me you're the exception not the rule. PB and MB. Just apologize to all the people you made empty promises to and start treating everyone like they're on one of your select teams. The very least they deserve is a call back or response to an email.

Scattered? I think not. You're claiming your son got all this interest and they didn't respond to you? So you didn't go down to one of the practices and speak with either of them? You know which teams they coached, you easily could have spoken up for yourself. Instead you're on here months after the season ended saying you never heard back? Come on, the story is wearing a little thin. Perhaps if you just went and spoke to them it may have worked out better for you. It sounds to me like you might be a bit delusional. In any case, you and your son are in a better place now. Good luck to your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. You're really excited for a guy who's kid is doing well. Maybe you have more invested in this than your indicating. You also have trouble following along. My son got interest after we wrote off the outlaws. At that point For me to put trust into people who can't answer a few emails or return phone calls would have been foolish. Also, Why should I drive from my town to track down the director when he had every opportunity to return numerous phone calls and emails. His message was loud and clear. Not once did either of the Directors show up at any of our practices or tournaments. If they had I would have gladly had the discussion. They had an opportunity to produce the product they advertised. They also had the opportunity to speak with me numerous times throughout the year and didn't. It works both ways. So yes, I'm on here now talking about my experience because people have a right to know both sides of the story. People work hard for their money. They should get what they pay for. If you can't support all of your players and teams equally then only field select AA teams. But we all know why that won't happen. Delusional or not it's the truth. Good luck to your son as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIOutlaws
We had over 250 kids tryout combined for the 2021 and 2019 age brackets. We extended an option for a 3rd team invite to many, but did not get enough solid acceptances. We could have thrown kids together that were cut, collected the $ and let the team run as Outlaws Silver.

This is not how the Outlaws work. We will not put out a team that we feel is a C team. Every team needs to be able to compete and we did not think the 2019 and 2021 Silver would compete at a high enough level with acceptances we were and weren't getting. Even though we see it on here all the time, it is not all about the money- it is about a positive experience.

Every kid that was given a spot and accepted on these teams have been called and we are helping all find a new spot. Whether it be internally or externally we will take care of all the kids.

On a side note, please do not believe everything anonymous posters write on these forums. If you have a real question- call us, or email us. Anyone from competitors to parents that' we're disgruntled their kid wasn't put on a certain team can post on here and seem to try to bash and lie. We are all about being transparent so call or email and we will answer.

Within the recruiting process it is very important to be in an organization that is established, in the right tournaments and http right connections. It is important to have a director that will be the middle man between college coach and HS student and his parents. It is important to have coaches and directors who will go out of their way to vouch for their student athletes. With all that being said it is also of vital importance for the athlete to send emails, complete questionnaires, attend certain prospect days and stay pro active in the process. Getting recruited and committed is a different path for every kid and family, all have different needs and goals, but in general it should be a group effort to get all options on the table.

This is a very funny reply by the Outlaws. You duped someone and that person posts how un happy they were and your rebuttal is don't listen to the unhappy person and call us for the truth. LOL!!! That is hysterical.

Last year, team had barely any practices, team had no set plays, barely enough players at tournaments, never had same coaches at the tournaments, sometimes even only 1 coach at all the recruiting tournaments and you don't expect parents to be pissed. This is a service industry and you didn't provide the services you said you would. Now all of the sudden things are going to change. You make it seem you guys are approachable yet you are the farthest thing from it after you have cashed the checks and there are no other options but stick through a crap season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. You're really excited for a guy who's kid is doing well. Maybe you have more invested in this than your indicating. You also have trouble following along. My son got interest after we wrote off the outlaws. At that point For me to put trust into people who can't answer a few emails or return phone calls would have been foolish. Also, Why should I drive from my town to track down the director when he had every opportunity to return numerous phone calls and emails. His message was loud and clear. Not once did either of the Directors show up at any of our practices or tournaments. If they had I would have gladly had the discussion. They had an opportunity to produce the product they advertised. They also had the opportunity to speak with me numerous times throughout the year and didn't. It works both ways. So yes, I'm on here now talking about my experience because people have a right to know both sides of the story. People work hard for their money. They should get what they pay for. If you can't support all of your players and teams equally then only field select AA teams. But we all know why that won't happen. Delusional or not it's the truth. Good luck to your son as well.

Excited? No. Invested? No. Just a parent. Move on already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're speaking the truth. Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
250 kids for grades? I was at tryouts, I guess there were 180 kids for the 2019 team.
The directors are invisible at tournaments. Your lucky if you get a hello response from PB if you are so lucky to see him before he scurries off before you can engage in a convo,

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard