BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 44 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda - lots of injuries - no excuses - is what it is. Not for Profit - short bench - not making money on kids 20+

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know when the World Series Qualifying Tournaments will be played for each Region? Site just says April/May. For Northeast Region - anyone want to go out on a limb and predict the 4 that qualify? Mid-Atlantic?

NE:
Igloo
ICON
Express

Mid-Atlantic:
Crabs
Bethesda
Hawks
Rising Sons - if they are together still

SONS 2021 IS DONE

Koopers from Maryland will be there. Hopkins coach twin boys on that team. Will probably get a LI beatdown!

How many of these teams will make the trip even if they do qualify is the real question?
91 and Igloo
don't see icon make trip or express

Of course they would attend. That's not even a question. Try telling your son, "you made it to the WS of lax and could be on TV, BUT naaah, we won't go".

Believe it or not, a lot of teams declined to go last year. They tried to get 16 teams but could only get 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(2020 dad here) I have an honest question and would like whomever originally posted this' opinion - as well as others. My son plays 2020 in a "lax town" he doesn't make 2020 A teams but when he plays 2021 A teams playing up he almost always DOMINATES his man. He is born in November so am I "cheating" if I played him on a 2021 A team where I would know at least a half dozen or so kids on the team would be chronologically older than him despite the fact that they may be a year behind him in school? I have wrestled with this topic for years. Who benefits and who is the victim if I did this?
Igloo has cleaned up their act parting ways with the '20 kids on their team--who by the way had trouble making '20 "A" teams until Daddy called and whined/pleaded with the organization to take his son after he had not made the team. Enjoy the sideline...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(2020 dad here) I have an honest question and would like whomever originally posted this' opinion - as well as others. My son plays 2020 in a "lax town" he doesn't make 2020 A teams but when he plays 2021 A teams playing up he almost always DOMINATES his man. He is born in November so am I "cheating" if I played him on a 2021 A team where I would know at least a half dozen or so kids on the team would be chronologically older than him despite the fact that they may be a year behind him in school? I have wrestled with this topic for years. Who benefits and who is the victim if I did this?
Igloo has cleaned up their act parting ways with the '20 kids on their team--who by the way had trouble making '20 "A" teams until Daddy called and whined/pleaded with the organization to take his son after he had not made the team. Enjoy the sideline...

I would bet that if we look at rosters of the top 5 2021 teams and 2020 teams you would be surprised how many 2020 could play or do play based on there age on 2021 team. So at the end of the day the age is what matters not the grade. I know a couple of 8th graders who are younger then some of the 7th graders . I don't have a problem with a boy playing down if he fits the age, cause what grade you are in these days means nothing , as we have come to find out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, you are "cheating." If he is in the graduating class of 2020, he plays on a 2020 team - regardless of chronological age. If he dominates the 2021 kids when he plays them, he would be the "victim" in your scenario. How does he get better if he isn't challenged?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...how does he get better if he isn't given the opportunity to play? which is what happens all to often to many kids in the same boat. He plays against 2020 kids who in some cases are 14 - 16 months older than him which is a big deal at this age.

Yes, you are "cheating." If he is in the graduating class of 2020, he plays on a 2020 team - regardless of chronological age. If he dominates the 2021 kids when he plays them, he would be the "victim" in your scenario. How does he get better if he isn't challenged?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...how does he get better if he isn't given the opportunity to play? which is what happens all to often to many kids in the same boat. He plays against 2020 kids who in some cases are 14 - 16 months older than him which is a big deal at this age.

Why isn't he given the opportunity to play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet that if we look at rosters of the top 5 2021 teams and 2020 teams you would be surprised how many 2020 could play or do play based on there age on 2021 team. So at the end of the day the age is what matters not the grade. I know a couple of 8th graders who are younger then some of the 7th graders . I don't have a problem with a boy playing down if he fits the age, cause what grade you are in these days means nothing , as we have come to find out.

This topic has been beaten to death on other threads, but if it's a grade based tournament you play by grade; if it's aged based you play by age - and young '20 kids could play with mostly '21s. Anything else is not playing by the rules - though I have no doubt it happens often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. He would be cheating himself if he plays down. kids that play down or play on teams that win most of the games they play never improve as much as those that have to fight for every inch on the field. If you play your son down to where he dominates or on a team that dominates it will give you short term gratification but by tenth grade many of those 2021 kids who would be more mature by tenth grade and those that played in games that were challenging the prior years will catch up to him and he will no longer dominate 2021 and not be able to compete in 2020. Yes I know people will point to many great players who played down but there are many more failures of kids that played down than successes. Also there are many more success storys of kids that played up or the correct age. It does not surprise me to hear some kids that played on AA teams that were not in challenging games are now getting cut and now play on B teams. Every kid and situation is different so there is no right answer. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(playing devil's advocate) because he can't make the 2020 A team playing against older kids but can make the 2019 A team against kids closer to his actual age

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know if you are cheating, but I'm in the same boat. My son is 2021, but is an October birthday. I keep him in 2021 and he plays on what the program now calls an "A" team, but was a very good B team up until this past summer. He would get nothing out of playing 2022, and I refuse to hold him back just to potentially get a chance at a scholarship. I say let him play with the boys he will graduate with, get better by being challenged by the older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(playing devil's advocate) because he can't make the 2020 A team playing against older kids but can make the 2019 A team against kids closer to his actual age

If he can't make the 2020A team, I highly doubt he would be able to make the 2019A team, don't you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is 100% incorrect - please don't follow this advice. As one other poster said (and hundreds of other posts have as well), rules are rules. If the teams are graduation year based, then you cannot play down a grade if you are in the grade above - it has NOTHING to do with age WHATSOEVER, it's 100% grad year. That is why everyone complains that little Johnny who had been held back 3 times is crushing their son who is 3 years younger but in the same grade. If it is an age based team (U13, U15 etc.) then it is 100% age, NO MATTER WHAT GRADE YOUR SON IS IN. If he's 15 in 7th grade, he can't play U13 - not legally anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the World Series Qualifying Tournaments will be played for each Region? Site just says April/May. For Northeast Region - anyone want to go out on a limb and predict the 4 that qualify? Mid-Atlantic?

NE:
Igloo
ICON
Express

Mid-Atlantic:
Crabs
Bethesda
Hawks

How in the world can you list Bethesda in this list??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he can't make the 2020A team, I highly doubt he would be able to make the 2019A team, don't you? [/quote]

I'm sure that was a typo - meant 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a very young 2020 player (and my 2021 team has no Summer birthday, but about 8 Fall 2002 birthdays), find a U13 team for him to play on. Should be one in a hotbed area. Or find a 2021 team that plans to play in U13 tournaments. Just have the principle not to let him play in any grade-based tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a very young 2020 player (and my 2021 team has no Summer birthday, but about 8 Fall 2002 birthdays), find a U13 team for him to play on. Should be one in a hotbed area. Or find a 2021 team that plans to play in U13 tournaments. Just have the principle not to let him play in any grade-based tournaments.

What LI team has eight fall 2002 birthdays???? Those kids should be in 8th grade. My daughter is 14 and is in 10th grade. 14, yes, the same age as a Crab 2021 "7th grader" that my son's team played this past summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What LI team has eight fall 2002 birthdays???? Those kids should be in 8th grade. My daughter is 14 and is in 10th grade. 14, yes, the same age as a Crab 2021 "7th grader" that my son's team played this past summer.

Sad part is that most 2021 teams probably have 4-6 Summer 2002 birthdays. Having a U.S. Lacrosse 9/1 compliant team is not very common, at least for single year teams - that's why [lacrosse]'s and World Series moved to 6/1 and 5/1 cutoffs. BS in my view.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad part is that most 2021 teams probably have 4-6 Summer 2002 birthdays. Having a U.S. Lacrosse 9/1 compliant team is not very common, at least for single year teams - that's why [lacrosse]'s and World Series moved to 6/1 and 5/1 cutoffs. BS in my view.

I agree that it is nonsense. We all know what kids who were left back were called when we were younger. Unfortunate as it was, there was a negative stigma attached to someone who had to repeat a grade. Today a kid who is left back, held back, or what ever the PC term is now, is an honor student and the best athlete in the school. What a joke. We have 17 and 18 year olds defending our nation in the military, but in some states a 17 year old is referred to as a sophomore in.... high school. Ultimately the joke will be on those who cheat or game the system, because when things in life turn into a goatf**k, they won't be able to handle it.

BTW, I don't know of any LI 2021 teams that have kids with summer 2002 birthdays. Am I wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 5 of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 5 of them

From what I understand, Igloo jettisoned their grade inappropriate players this round of tryouts. They still have 5 2021 kids born prior to 12/1/02? Is this true or conjecture? The Igloo players my son knows well are age appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 5 of them

But there in 7th grade correct???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 5 of them

From what I understand, Igloo jettisoned their grade inappropriate players this round of tryouts. They still have 5 2021 kids born prior to 12/1/02? Is this true or conjecture? The Igloo players my son knows well are age appropriate.
My son was born late Nov. We had put him in an academic Pre school to get him ready as we knew he would be one of the youngest in his class, and the end of the year both the Pre School and his future school recommended we wait a year. Other then economic advantage there no reason to start him. One Guidance counselor told me ' 90% of my problems come from Nov boys". At the time lax was the furthest thing from my mind, my kid did not even start playing till 3rd grade when he learned all his friends where playing. Plenty of boys born in Oct Nov where held back for academic reasons. There i nothing sinister about it. Lacrosse are the only idiots that go by grade not age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 5 of them

My son was born late Nov. We had put him in an academic Pre school to get him ready as we knew he would be one of the youngest in his class, and the end of the year both the Pre School and his future school recommended we wait a year. Other then economic advantage there no reason to start him. One Guidance counselor told me ' 90% of my problems come from Nov boys". At the time lax was the furthest thing from my mind, my kid did not even start playing till 3rd grade when he learned all his friends where playing. Plenty of boys born in Oct Nov where held back for academic reasons. There i nothing sinister about it. Lacrosse are the only idiots that go by grade not age

If you truly held back for academic reasons, you are one of the few.

Most claim academic but it's sports driven. Don't fool yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone is complaining about the November 2002 kids especially when held back for academic reasons. US Lacrosse states for all ages:

"It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams."

This rule is so that older kids that are not as good talent wise, smaller or not as mature could be held back and play as the oldest kid. Kids that are older, bigger or have more talent than most 12 year olds should play up. So the age rules are to help older weaker and smaller players by allowing them to play where they are the oldest. IT IS NOT TO HAVE OLDER TALENTED KIDS THAT CAN COMETETE THE GRADE ABOVE BUT BE THE YOUNGEST PLAY DOWN AND DOMINATE BEING THE OLDEST OR TO FORM DREAM TEAMS THAT HAVE KIDS SO MUCH LARGER THAN THE AVERAGE 12 YEAR OLD. SO YES TEAMS ARE CHEATING WHEN THEY HAVE OLDER KIDS THAT ARE LARGER THAN AVERAGE THAT ARE STARS PLAY EVEN IF THEY FIT IN THIS AGE GROUP. Those kids are meant to play up or grade level. It is disgusting that parents and teams use a rule improperly meant to allow a weaker kid play as the oldest and take a talented kid and make them more dominant by having them play as the oldest. We know which team id guilty of this in 2021. Yes they do cheat even if all the kids are proper age.
Igloo has 5 of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 5 of them

I understand the same, regarding grade based kids moved to another team.

Not sure about birthdates of those remaining, but Express and 91 have players prior to 12/01/02 as well. Probably pre-K redshirts. Wouldn't be surprised if Outlaws has them as well. Most teams will-especially with the cutoff dates for [lacrosse]'s & World Series. You can't pinpoint one organization, when most are doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's pretty normal in the rest of the country to use a 9/1 cutoff for starting kindegarten, and increasingly common for boys with August and even July birthdays to be held back for scholastic reasons. By scholastic reasons, I mean school increasingly seems tilted against boys aren't naturally built to sit still and quiet for 8 hours without recess, so why stack the deck further by being the youngest boy in the class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has an Aug 30th 03 birthdate. Where should he play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know, the answer. Its like asking I got a 74 on a test, but to pass I need a 75. Then the next kids bday is aug 29, then the next kid I'd aug 28. No matter what the date is, there will be kids born the previous day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aug 30th 03 is U13 under U.S. Lacrosse rules and, for a grade based tournament, would depend whether he's in 7th grade now (2021) or 6th grade (2022).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has an Aug 30th 03 birthdate. Where should he play

cant answer it uless I know the grade he is in should be 7th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know, the answer. Its like asking I got a 74 on a test, but to pass I need a 75. Then the next kids bday is aug 29, then the next kid I'd aug 28. No matter what the date is, there will be kids born the previous day.

Once a date is set- it will be accepted- just like hockey. It can stink to be born on the day before the cut off- but it us what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the best post Ive seen in years... repost on all aged groups

I don't think anyone is complaining about the November 2002 kids especially when held back for academic reasons. US Lacrosse states for all ages:

"It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams."

This rule is so that older kids that are not as good talent wise, smaller or not as mature could be held back and play as the oldest kid. Kids that are older, bigger or have more talent than most 12 year olds should play up. So the age rules are to help older weaker and smaller players by allowing them to play where they are the oldest. IT IS NOT TO HAVE OLDER TALENTED KIDS THAT CAN COMETETE THE GRADE ABOVE BUT BE THE YOUNGEST PLAY DOWN AND DOMINATE BEING THE OLDEST OR TO FORM DREAM TEAMS THAT HAVE KIDS SO MUCH LARGER THAN THE AVERAGE 12 YEAR OLD. SO YES TEAMS ARE CHEATING WHEN THEY HAVE OLDER KIDS THAT ARE LARGER THAN AVERAGE THAT ARE STARS PLAY EVEN IF THEY FIT IN THIS AGE GROUP. Those kids are meant to play up or grade level. It is disgusting that parents and teams use a rule improperly meant to allow a weaker kid play as the oldest and take a talented kid and make them more dominant by having them play as the oldest. We know which team id guilty of this in 2021. Yes they do cheat even if all the kids are proper age.
Igloo has 5 of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NE:
Igloo
ICON
Express

Mid-Atlantic:
Crabs
Bethesda
Hawks

You can take Rising Sons off that list. The team left and the new team will be very different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NE:
Igloo
ICON
Express

Mid-Atlantic:
Crabs
Bethesda
Hawks

You can take Rising Sons off that list. The team left and the new team will be very different.
what happened? That team was solid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo will never be allowed to go as JS will block that by any means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would someone block Igloo from going to WS?

The one thing that "saves" [lacrosse]'s and WS is that, although they obviously don't get the top 15 teams in the country, it seems like they have often got at least the #1 team so their champion is legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is. Someone is bored at work and trying to create a topic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo will never be allowed to go as JS will block that by any means.

Who/What is JS and how can any team be blocked?[

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. JS will sandbag that for sure. Igloo is too much of a threat. The series will either be rigged or JS will bring in some "guest" players from an older grade to ensure Igloo is out. There is no way a 91 team will lose on National Television.

Page 8 of 44 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard