BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 47 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Powers and Teirney. With their names associated with the Bluefish program, gotta think they'll be doing more than showing up from time to time, the success or failure will reflect on them regardless of their efforts, that could follow them to the recruiting world, lots of talent here on the island, how they are previewed by those players directly affected by the word of mouth to follow these next few seasons. they are now the frontmen, like it or not, the integrity of the program will depend upon them...so, on integrity issue, already have a few questionable acts on your behalf. Nice speech following first tryout about getting back to basics, about being about the training and the boys...so what happens at second tryout, some LIT Sharks kids are told they don't need to show up, already have a spot, where's the integrity in that, the level playing field? If they are so good, why can't they be their like the rest of the boys, take their lumps and prove their worth. Old boy network already in play and haven't even started playing, Careful of what's going on behind your backs Coach T and Coach P...now, we're told invites to play are going to be sent out to select few...how about some transparency, how many of those can't misses were LIT kids whose parents have coach's ear? Post the players tryout numbers so the rest of us can see what helmets they wear, see how well they play versus the rest. If this was to be announced as a retread of LIT Sharks, with a few Express defects, gotta figure you wouldn't have captured so many peoples interest and tryout money...last integrity issue, with Igloo and TB in trouble, last tryout should be interesting and crowded. However, all these new kids who will probably come were able to attend other teams tryouts, those that came to all the Bluefish workouts and put all their faith in a fair process could not, missed a lot of competing teams tryout dates to be at YOURS, now these parents and players have to worry that all their hard work during first two dates won't mean anything. So, we get an email blast Weds. telling that were waiting on this last influx before decisions are made, single tryout attended gets equal weight with all three? Hope not, no integrity in that, should be weighted. Also, boys have their opening football games the day before the last workout, maybe a bit banged up and a step slower that first two dates, not an even field for evaluation. Integrity Coach Teirney, Coach Powers...let's hope you stand for it, not with your backs to it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my guess is that your so. Is a B player trying to get on an A team. I understand the frustration and I'm sure if they get enough kids will form what they call a second A team along with a B team like Revo is trying to do. telling you the talent level is incredible and we need to form another team. Keep drinking the Kool aid and pass it along

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Powers and Teirney. With their names associated with the Bluefish program, gotta think they'll be doing more than showing up from time to time, the success or failure will reflect on them regardless of their efforts, that could follow them to the recruiting world, lots of talent here on the island, how they are previewed by those players directly affected by the word of mouth to follow these next few seasons. they are now the frontmen, like it or not, the integrity of the program will depend upon them...so, on integrity issue, already have a few questionable acts on your behalf. Nice speech following first tryout about getting back to basics, about being about the training and the boys...so what happens at second tryout, some LIT Sharks kids are told they don't need to show up, already have a spot, where's the integrity in that, the level playing field? If they are so good, why can't they be their like the rest of the boys, take their lumps and prove their worth. Old boy network already in play and haven't even started playing, Careful of what's going on behind your backs Coach T and Coach P...now, we're told invites to play are going to be sent out to select few...how about some transparency, how many of those can't misses were LIT kids whose parents have coach's ear? Post the players tryout numbers so the rest of us can see what helmets they wear, see how well they play versus the rest. If this was to be announced as a retread of LIT Sharks, with a few Express defects, gotta figure you wouldn't have captured so many peoples interest and tryout money...last integrity issue, with Igloo and TB in trouble, last tryout should be interesting and crowded. However, all these new kids who will probably come were able to attend other teams tryouts, those that came to all the Bluefish workouts and put all their faith in a fair process could not, missed a lot of competing teams tryout dates to be at YOURS, now these parents and players have to worry that all their hard work during first two dates won't mean anything. So, we get an email blast Weds. telling that were waiting on this last influx before decisions are made, single tryout attended gets equal weight with all three? Hope not, no integrity in that, should be weighted. Also, boys have their opening football games the day before the last workout, maybe a bit banged up and a step slower that first two dates, not an even field for evaluation. Integrity Coach Teirney, Coach Powers...let's hope you stand for it, not with your backs to it.

Not sure what your issue is with the tryouts and transparency. The registration made it very clear that you ONLY need to attend ONE tryout. My son only was able to make the first tryout had a good day there and received one of the early invites to join the A team. We did not play for the LIT Bluesharks. We turned the invite down as they were late in the process and we had accepted a spot on another club. That being said I was very impressed with the tryouts, their philosophy and their transparency. for those who do decide to accept I think this will be a competitive team with good support and coaching. Good luck to you and your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what your issue is with the tryouts and transparency. The registration made it very clear that you ONLY need to attend ONE tryout. My son only was able to make the first tryout had a good day there and received one of the early invites to join the A team. We did not play for the LIT Bluesharks. We turned the invite down as they were late in the process and we had accepted a spot on another club. That being said I was very impressed with the tryouts, their philosophy and their transparency. for those who do decide to accept I think this will be a competitive team with good support and coaching. Good luck to you and your son.

I feel for the guy. It is extremely difficult to be honest with yourself and honest about your son's ability level. Bottom line, if your son is a top player, they will take him on the top team. Why wouldn't they? My advice to you is to try and find a team where your son can excel. Be the guy. Whether A or B. It doesn't sound like he's getting ACC looks right now. So realize, if he wants to play in college most D1 teams and all D3 programs recruit a little later. Focus on the things you can control. If your son is really into it, get him in a lifting program, no shoots and ladders. (total waste of time). Get him the best personal coach you can. Drill, drill and drill some more. All about muscle memory. Trust me when I say, it isn't easy to get a spot at the next level. D1,2 or 3. Its even hard once you get there. My older son was on campus 3 days and had to do his strength and conditioning tests, in D3!!! It's a lot of work to get there, and even more when you do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish needs to come out of the gate with a bang. They are not going to put their names on the line with a team that is going to be a bust. Some kids made the first tryout and not the second and vice versa. To think they picked kids from the sharks just because and put them on an A team if they are not A team players doesn't say much for them. This last tryout will really be interesting. We will see what kids are truely A team players and which are not. You have to be realistic with your sons evalution that you give him. Don't think that because you want him playing on a A team and there's a new team out there that he's an A player. If by chance he has played on or made another A team and is that good of a player then I can understand your point. By him not making the A team and is that good ,well there's the politics for you. Many of us can judge talent as we have been around the lax world for some time. Making a B team isn't bad either depending on the talent that's out there. 91 has white and orange and are both A teams. It can be done. Other organizations like revolution who I hear are going to add a third 2019 team to me is just a money maker. There are plenty of teams that do that. Are these teams doing the right thing by doing that, who knows? You have to do your homework. Organizations get a reputation based on the talent of the kids not necessarily the coach in some instances. Teams play in tournaments that are crappy tournaments, win and think they are going places. The next year they play a little better tournaments and do ok. Following year they can't win one tournament. Just shows you that they may be an A team but not at the top of the list. There's alot for us parents to consider when it comes to making the right choice for our kid. If you just want your kid to play lax and don't really care if they win tournaments then your decision should be easy. There's going to be alot of talent at the next Bluefish tryout I'm sure so it will be very interesting to see who they pick. It's going to be good day. After this last one ,then you will see if they are doing the right thing as an organization or just another organization blowing smoke up our a**. Good luck to all the boys

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, you guessed it, got me...my kid is a B player who has never played for an "A" team. Now what? That invalidates what I said? Level playing field for yours iand mine. All I'm asking for. If your kid is talented enough to make just one tryout and be offered a spot, he should have the opportunity to shop himself around, you got offer a spot, it worked out for him. Congrats, but with a huge influx of middies next weekend, We are concerned he may get overlooked as he is just a little undersized. Again, so what . He and every boy deserve an even shot for OUR money, derserves to be able to meet all eligible competition on the field, not compete for just a few spots because the rest are promised the rest as I was told ( besides, I say LIT blue sharks last season, not quite A level play ). The vibe we were getting wasn't one date and your good, or else we would have shopped around too. We bite on what was said after the first tryout, significantly less at second due to TB and others being same time, just expecting a little loyalty to the process. No way to tell if it was either except post numbers of those who made it already, those that are in the cusp of making A, those that are slotted for B... Then it's up to the boys to slug it out, parents can gauge whether their kid belongs there in the first place if he is undressing some of the top slotted kids and can console himself if not that the kid really was better, that's the transparency I'm talking about... Don't let them go home thinking they got jobbed, again by the Croney system. We all know it exists, but not on true A teams, that's why they are AA and A, best kids play...good luck to all. And please, better supervision during full game play, was kinda chaotic, kids using coaches as picks because they are standing in the middle of play, as to subs, kids were all over the place, playing short at times because the teenagers acting as the sideline coaches were busy talking. Is this all this too much to ask my for my $80 and our time, son just went through football tryouts, every kid was there, no spots were held for select few, cream rose to the top, to much to ask for lacrosse tryouts? Does it all have to be about flashy me first play that's eye catching but generally ineffective in real game play? Sick of this crap and it's only just begun, I have two more kids coming up. Trying to find a good home for all where merit is still alive, just decided, we're going to Tomahawks instead, they are weak product too but are going to showcases we're going toplay the same game as everyone else, play two ends towards the middle and see who offers the best slot, let two days of bluefish stand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on most of what you said but lifting weights at this age isn't really the answer. Should the kids do push ups and stuff like that,sure. The kids are still growing into their bodies. When they get to 16 is a good time for them to start. You don't have to be really strong to play lax but you do need to be able to have the stamina to run. Quick feet,good hands and the ability to take some punishment. It's not like football. The kids will get bigger and faster as they grow. The good thing is that you don't have to be big to be successful in lax. Just be honest with yourself and with your son and it will make life alot easier. Not saying that he won't get to that point but for now have him on a team where he is able to play and learn the game even more so cause you son will turn heads later on as he matures. Being on a good team and not playing as much isn't a good thing either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American board of pediatrics says it's actually good for kids to lift some weights in a control environment. Teaching them the basics of proper form. Studies show boys who start lifting early in life are pound for pound stronger then other boys in high school. Builds strong bones and muscle memory so when they hit full puberty they are stronger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Tomahawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish needs to come out of the gate with a bang. They are not going to put their names on the line with a team that is going to be a bust. Some kids made the first tryout and not the second and vice versa. To think they picked kids from the sharks just because and put them on an A team if they are not A team players doesn't say much for them. This last tryout will really be interesting. We will see what kids are truely A team players and which are not. You have to be realistic with your sons evalution that you give him. Don't think that because you want him playing on a A team and there's a new team out there that he's an A player. If by chance he has played on or made another A team and is that good of a player then I can understand your point. By him not making the A team and is that good ,well there's the politics for you. Many of us can judge talent as we have been around the lax world for some time. Making a B team isn't bad either depending on the talent that's out there. 91 has white and orange and are both A teams. It can be done. Other organizations like revolution who I hear are going to add a third 2019 team to me is just a money maker. There are plenty of teams that do that. Are these teams doing the right thing by doing that, who knows? You have to do your homework. Organizations get a reputation based on the talent of the kids not necessarily the coach in some instances. Teams play in tournaments that are crappy tournaments, win and think they are going places. The next year they play a little better tournaments and do ok. Following year they can't win one tournament. Just shows you that they may be an A team but not at the top of the list. There's alot for us parents to consider when it comes to making the right choice for our kid. If you just want your kid to play lax and don't really care if they win tournaments then your decision should be easy. There's going to be alot of talent at the next Bluefish tryout I'm sure so it will be very interesting to see who they pick. It's going to be good day. After this last one ,then you will see if they are doing the right thing as an organization or just another organization blowing smoke up our a**. Good luck to all the boys

Omg. I can't believe I just read that very long post. You need a therapist

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the therapist that wrote it. Lol.Omg.Ttul.k.Lmfao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what was so wrong with the post,that this guy needs a therapist. Saw some things that are true. Wasn't that bad. I guess you need to read between the line's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Besides express and 91 orange and white what teams fall in the next tier as far as being competitive A teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American board of pediatrics says it's actually good for kids to lift some weights in a control environment. Teaching them the basics of proper form. Studies show boys who start lifting early in life are pound for pound stronger then other boys in high school. Builds strong bones and muscle memory so when they hit full puberty they are stronger

In general, most people (coaches, PE teachers, pediatricians) would suggest that 15 or 16 is the right tome for "weights" for boys. I've never heard anyone recommend hitting the bench press to a 12-13 year old - too much still going on in their development

That being said, strength training is important and can be done without using weights. They recommend resistance training, medicine balls, kettle bells, rowing machines, etc.

For young teens, Cross fit training is a good starter and they have teen specific programs with strength and cardio.

Couple that with speed and agility drills and kids can improve on their overall game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In general, most people (coaches, PE teachers, pediatricians) would suggest that 15 or 16 is the right tome for "weights" for boys. I've never heard anyone recommend hitting the bench press to a 12-13 year old - too much still going on in their development

That being said, strength training is important and can be done without using weights. They recommend resistance training, medicine balls, kettle bells, rowing machines, etc.

For young teens, Cross fit training is a good starter and they have teen specific programs with strength and cardio.

Couple that with speed and agility drills and kids can improve on their overall game.

although cross fit is a great exercise alternative it is not really a sports prep environment for teens your better off doing speed and agility but nothing beats swimming, biking and running

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say outlaws supposedly select team maybe legacy but heard they lost a lot of top players and team revolution. Oh and I guess fl$ but we have played them over the years and never been impressed with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said in a controlled setting. You can do DB bench. I wouldn't put a barbell on his back for squats though. You can do KB squats and lunges which work your fast twitch muscle fibers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is an old myth that kids should not weight train. No evidence exists that it is harmful. My son who is 16 has been lifting since 12. He looks great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting white in the same sentence as orange and express is not realistic. putting them in same sentence with outlaws and all grays is much fairer. Big drop off after that........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 14 and he is cut up. Has never lifted any weights. Does pull ups on occasion and looks great. It's all from just being an athlete. Plays multiple sports. He doesn't need to lift to look good. I guess its all based upon the kids make-up but I still want them to wait on lifting. No need to rush it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They wouldn't have put their names to this program unless somebody was assuring them that they have a track record of starting up clubs and getting them off the ground. They will not be able to do that much with the program. If Hofstra has a bad year somebody will point their finger and say Tierny was distracted by outside interests. His first priority has to be to Hofstra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you haven't seen them practice with orange and how their scrimmages go. And then I assume you didn't see how tight they played Express at the Winter Nationals. They have been a step above the other teams out there. The Express coach himself was surprised at how well they played them. Maybe they don't beat those teams but they will certainly play them tough and will be compettive games.
Putting white in the same sentence as orange and express is not realistic. putting them in same sentence with outlaws and all grays is much fairer. Big drop off after that........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not even on white and I would be them right behind orange and express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you guys see Jamie Allen at the bluefish thing? He started and ran Express for a while no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right behind Orange and Express? Orange was toying with them and they lost to Express in a shortened small field game, would things go as well in a regulation game? Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 14 and he is cut up. Has never lifted any weights. Does pull ups on occasion and looks great. It's all from just being an athlete. Plays multiple sports. He doesn't need to lift to look good. I guess its all based upon the kids make-up but I still want them to wait on lifting. No need to rush it.

My son is the exact opposite at 14, not cut up, but beefy and strong. Still some baby fat. Very good swimmer but doing pull ups (not so much).

Did Cross fit and Speed and agility this summer for lax and football. Will try the weight room in a year or so; in the mean time run and do the cross fit training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching Bluefish 2019 A, B, C or 1,2,3? Did not hear anything g at tryout or see it posted anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he was there what a great guy !

Did you guys see Jamie Allen at the bluefish thing? He started and ran Express for a while no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what people are trying to say is that after those two teams white is the next most competitive team on the island.
Right behind Orange and Express? Orange was toying with them and they lost to Express in a shortened small field game, would things go as well in a regulation game? Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Jamie Allen be coaching the A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the response about JA was in regard to a post saying they have not started and ran a club before (they being ST and GP).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is white going to beat orange or express most likely not. Are they better then most of the other teams I would say yes. If they add just a few real good kids at the tryout then it should make them stronger. Hopefully they get a good turnout at tryouts this Sat and Sun and find a few diamonds in the rough and maybe not. Team is really not weak in any specific area but I'm sure they would like to add quality if they can . any organization would no matter how good they are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diamonds in the rough? You mean possibly add one of the many you've invited down and given the hard sell to, trying to convince us that your program is necessary for my kid to get that D1 scholarship? Or was it the Bluefish or Empire that that was going to get my kid recruited? Guess whatever team is affiliated with 91 has the magic....Hurricanes, South Shore Ducks....wow, that's a lot of kids going D1. Keep those kids away from those other programs. It's all about that $, bout that $, bout that $.
Is white going to beat orange or express most likely not. Are they better then most of the other teams I would say yes. If they add just a few real good kids at the tryout then it should make them stronger. Hopefully they get a good turnout at tryouts this Sat and Sun and find a few diamonds in the rough and maybe not. Team is really not weak in any specific area but I'm sure they would like to add quality if they can . any organization would no matter how good they are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess that means Tierny and Powers will have the time to coach then, 2019 I hope. I guess that also means with JA running the program he won't have time to coach....would love to see the personnel schematic for the program, would be interesting
the response about JA was in regard to a post saying they have not started and ran a club before (they being ST and GP).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diamonds in the rough? You mean possibly add one of the many you've invited down and given the hard sell to, trying to convince us that your program is necessary for my kid to get that D1 scholarship? Or was it the Bluefish or Empire that that was going to get my kid recruited? Guess whatever team is affiliated with 91 has the magic....Hurricanes, South Shore Ducks....wow, that's a lot of kids going D1. Keep those kids away from those other programs. It's all about that $, bout that $, bout that $.

If your goal is to play on one of the top teams then you go to 91 tryout and see where you stand. I think we all agree it's considered the top club right now. Express has fallen back a bit and the rest aren't as close . Nothing bad about the rest just the way it is now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your goal is to play on one of the top teams then you go to 91 tryout and see where you stand. I think we all agree it's considered the top club right now. Express has fallen back a bit and the rest aren't as close . Nothing bad about the rest just the way it is now

Thanks for trying to speak for us "all", but I'd suggest that we don't "all agree, especially the players that step on the field each week to play against them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for trying to speak for us "all", but I'd suggest that we don't "all agree, especially the players that step on the field each week to play against them.

I am so tired of this, you all are crazy. I know first hand that 91 gets most of their players by having parents go and recruit players from other teams. the kids that make the top teams have already had conversations with the coaches before the tryouts. the rest of the kids who show up pay for the tuition of their stud athletes they bring in. they consistently make phone calls to parents every night and the numbers come from these stupid parents that think if they give the coaches names and numbers of good players that their kid will then get the nod for one of those teams. I know 2 fathers personally who have been feeding the program names of other boys in hopes of having their boys make the team. we also heard that they give parents discounts off their tuition to go to other tryouts and talk to parents. A good program with a good reputation should not have to stoop to these levels. Its unfortunate for these parents that are essentially spies. they think Natasha the gorgeous Russian is really in love with them and then they find out they were used to get government secrets.

I truly am starting to HATE travel lacrosse. God forbid if these guys don't get every good player out there. On top of everything they offer major discounts or full scholarships to some of the boys they are looking to get to play with them.

And Yes I do kids who have gotten scholarships(not because they are financially strapped either)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are listed under team on bluefish website
I guess that means Tierny and Powers will have the time to coach then, 2019 I hope. I guess that also means with JA running the program he won't have time to coach....would love to see the personnel schematic for the program, would be interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you were a top player on White wouldnt you want them to recruit and ask your help to make the team better from players you know. They are trying to move forward by retaining their better players and recruit others to make the team better. What team wouldn't do that. What company wouldn't do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better question to ask any team that you are considering should be what fall and summer tournaments will they be going to. At this stage of the game it is the exposure to college coaches that is paramount if your son would like to try and play in college.

Page 7 of 47 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard