BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone have a reliable estimate how many 2020 tg black players who tried out this past week have left to legacy or elsewhere?

Legacy didn't take any of the black players that tried out. There's just no talent left at that level on TG for him to take any.

I heard 2 girls from TG black went to Legacy blue...So Are you sure?

Where they 2 girls who got moved off of TG black after tryouts this year?

Yes 2 moved down to purple and 3 moved up to black

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 2 girls who went to Legecy from the TG black team, did those 2 girls also make the black team again this year? Or were they moved off of Black to purple and decided to go to legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is not better than TG at any level. People who leave TG purple are leaving because they cannot make TG black. Simple truth. People who leave are mad that they cannot make the TG black team. Any organization will let B team players leave if they think they can make another organization's A team.

It is no different in girls' lacrosse than many professional sports. When backup players leave to become starters they rarely remain starters because their weaknesses get exposed. Some develop to become superstars, but some remain career backups. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are playing the game you love. Problem is the parents don't see it. This is the age where it gets harder to improve and take spots from other top level players.

Random rant much... I think they were asking about TG Black not purple. You sound very angry for no reason. Must have just clicked accept on that acceptance email. Now that you got that off your chest, Do you feel better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is not better than TG at any level. People who leave TG purple are leaving because they cannot make TG black. Simple truth. People who leave are mad that they cannot make the TG black team. Any organization will let B team players leave if they think they can make another organization's A team.

It is no different in girls' lacrosse than many professional sports. When backup players leave to become starters they rarely remain starters because their weaknesses get exposed. Some develop to become superstars, but some remain career backups. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are playing the game you love. Problem is the parents don't see it. This is the age where it gets harder to improve and take spots from other top level players.

Random rant much... I think they were asking about TG Black not purple. You sound very angry for no reason. Must have just clicked accept on that acceptance email. Now that you got that off your chest, Do you feel better?

How do you explain the best 2020 girl on the island leaving TG black for YJ, when she was already on the best team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're saying that those who left to go to Legacy or YJ left because they couldn't make the black team? Quite sure some black players left also, why did they leave? Those who left for other clubs B teams had to have known they would possibly make the B team and they still left anyway even after making that team. If it was all about making a A team as you put it then why did they all still leave? I'm sure they all had different reasons for going and they owe none on us any explanation what they do with their kid or money is their business. Not mine, not yours. Maybe YJ/Legacy has something they're not getting from TG or else the would have stayed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 2 girls who went to Legecy from the TG black team, did those 2 girls also make the black team again this year? Or were they moved off of Black to purple and decided to go to legacy?

One left & one was moved down to purple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you explain the best 2020 girl on the island leaving TG black for YJ, when she was already on the best team?

Yawn!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This also happened at the 2021 age as well. Top girl on the island left for YJ. Just a matter of time until the other top girl leaves and the team is a total b/c level team. They barely beat their 2nd team this summer. This is why TG will never compete with YJ or any top MD teams anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many 2021 tg girls were at legacy tryouts unsure on what teams, heard many parents talking about it. there were a handful of solid players there but unsure if tg girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess everyone should run to Yellow Jackets then. If all the best girls are going there, their A team will soon have 40 girls on the roster. How much better can YJ get and still have all the girls play. I assume girls on the bottom of the roster will leave YJ and go somewhere else too, right? Unless YJ B and C teams are attractive teams to play on. Just makes sense to me if people are added, others have to be moved.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case you forgot legacy teal beat tg purple this summer .. So don't go ranting how tg is better than legacy at any level ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess everyone should run to Yellow Jackets then. If all the best girls are going there, their A team will soon have 40 girls on the roster. How much better can YJ get and still have all the girls play. I assume girls on the bottom of the roster will leave YJ and go somewhere else too, right? Unless YJ B and C teams are attractive teams to play on. Just makes sense to me if people are added, others have to be moved.

Same thing happening at Legacy....Add a couple of new girls to Blue bump a few down to teal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case you forgot legacy teal beat tg purple this summer .. So don't go ranting how tg is better than legacy at any level ...

And black tied blue with the "best 2020" on LI. Now she left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a girl that doesn't want to be on the best team, which would raise her level of play, she doesn't want the competition. Competition is what gives the teams their edge. You have to earn your spot on one of the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which grade level are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a girl that doesn't want to be on the best team, which would raise her level of play, she doesn't want the competition. Competition is what gives the teams their edge. You have to earn your spot on one of the top teams.

How can you know your full potential and level of play if your club team avoids all the top teams? I'm guessing it's safer to stay rather than have to go to other clubs and actually have a real tryout and have people see your real potential/talent outside of the purple uniform, It will be pretty interesting to see if one A level player can help save this team this upcoming year. I think she will also see the light and leave and that would be The final nail in the coffin for TG. Don't see who's left staying around while they're team is being laughed at as the rise and fall of the once mighty TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014/2015 2015/2016
TG 2020 purple
About 8 or so girls left TG purple for Legacy 2014/2015 This year 2015/2016 the other half left. I can definately tell you that some deserved it, some not ,but that is not the reason most left.
Almost 20 girls left 2020 purple, why? Because they didn't make Black? Come on.... Let's be honest here.
Look, some girls left because of politics ,yes it's true and it's everywhere, but simply put ....purple was lacking in Coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

How can you know your full potential and level of play if your club team avoids all the top teams? I'm guessing it's safer to stay rather than have to go to other clubs and actually have a real tryout and have people see your real potential/talent outside of the purple uniform, It will be pretty interesting to see if one A level player can help save this team this upcoming year. I think she will also see the light and leave and that would be The final nail in the coffin for TG. Don't see who's left staying around while they're team is being laughed at as the rise and fall of the once mighty TG

6 years ago when TG started, it was one of the only other legit options to YJ. Shannon and Bill didn't have to work hard to field good/great teams. Now the momentum has swung the other way either back to YJ or to the new kid in town Legacy. The club can be "saved" but it will take some effort. In my opinion it will depend on the coaches, they have to be involved. The extra 10 practices are a good start. Coaches need to be at practices with their teams and at tournaments with their teams.
My experience, was practices were run by one group of coaches and tournaments by another coach often without much knowledge of the team she was coaching that weekend. Moving forward that needs to change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

6 years ago when TG started, it was one of the only other legit options to YJ. Shannon and Bill didn't have to work hard to field good/great teams. Now the momentum has swung the other way either back to YJ or to the new kid in town Legacy. The club can be "saved" but it will take some effort. In my opinion it will depend on the coaches, they have to be involved. The extra 10 practices are a good start. Coaches need to be at practices with their teams and at tournaments with their teams.
My experience, was practices were run by one group of coaches and tournaments by another coach often without much knowledge of the team she was coaching that weekend. Moving forward that needs to change.

You are 100% correct. Most teams are coached by young college girls that will be away at school for winter practice. They will also miss most of the spring practices before the first tournament because school hasn't let out yet. How can you expect the teams to gel when the coaches are seeing them for the first time at a tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Yes and they need talent, good coaching and good athletic kids can make that team bounce back. Can't bounce back with the players that are there now. Not to discredit any of them but less than a handful are good, the rest belong on Purple. When they reshuffled it wasn't for the best, maybe next year they will get it right. but also the kids with a Talent are all at other clubs, so TG has a lot of work cut out for them. Where do the go now to find players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014/2015 2015/2016
TG 2020 purple
About 8 or so girls left TG purple for Legacy 2014/2015 This year 2015/2016 the other half left. I can definately tell you that some deserved it, some not ,but that is not the reason most left.
Almost 20 girls left 2020 purple, why? Because they didn't make Black? Come on.... Let's be honest here.
Look, some girls left because of politics ,yes it's true and it's everywhere, but simply put ....purple was lacking in Coaching.

Did any of the girls that left Purple make Blue or are they playing on Teal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't trying to knock Legacy. I meant all A level teams, TG has the edge at different age levels - not team levels. Not really getting why people put so much stock into overanalyzing B and C teams in any program. A level teams give organizations their reputation, not B level teams. Funny watching any organization's A and B teams play each other. Everyone gets nervous that the B team will beat the A team. Yes, it happens. Let's remember, they're 13. Not many people talk about goalies here either. They can make or break a team for better or for worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't there a domino effect in all of this? How are the girls / parents on an established team going to feel when a new "superstar" kid from another program comes in? When a program does this to make a team better, what does it say about loyalty to kids who are already on that team? Double edged sword . . . you need loyalty to build a program, but you also need talent to do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of... I think it's 5 TG girls that made Teal and 2 on Blue from black, this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talent on legacy 2020 Blue & Teal this year. Good luck to all the girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your the A team on a B level club, you are basically still a B level team. What I see going on here is that TG's came on the scene several years back, made a small argument to be a A level club but has since fallen well short of that. Now you have clubs like Legacy, Elevate, Liberty etc. Right on par now with TGs. Its a battle for B club supremacy. None of these clubs are A clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your the A team on a B level club, you are basically still a B level team. What I see going on here is that TG's came on the scene several years back, made a small argument to be a A level club but has since fallen well short of that. Now you have clubs like Legacy, Elevate, Liberty etc. Right on par now with TGs. Its a battle for B club supremacy. None of these clubs are A clubs.

You're a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, all hail the almighty YJ! If you don't play for them you should just hang your stick up and not bother playing at all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears the lack of coaching at TG is catching up to them at all age groups. As parents look for a better option for their daughters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears the lack of coaching at TG is catching up to them at all age groups. As parents look for a better option for their daughters.

hello troll......over here now.....with your vast knowledge....please inform us of the better options because we cant wait to hear this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hello troll......over here now.....with your vast knowledge....please inform us of the better options because we cant wait to hear this

Curious then why you feel kids are leaving TG in such large numbers , many of your top teams have been decimated . When not only your top players but also almost your entire second teams are leaving obviously something is wrong. TG has has more kids leave their top two teams in each age group than any other club, please inform us with your vast knowledge as to why because we can't wait to hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]It appears the lack of coaching at TG is catching up to them at all age groups. As parents look for a better option for their daughters.

How good can these "other clubs" be if they have roster spots open for TG girls? If these superstar TG girls are leaving for other A teams than that to me says that TG had some really good talent last year . . . and have not been on the decline for years like many have posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]It appears the lack of coaching at TG is catching up to them at all age groups. As parents look for a better option for their daughters.

How good can these "other clubs" be if they have roster spots open for TG girls? If these superstar TG girls are leaving for other A teams than that to me says that TG had some really good talent last year . . . and have not been on the decline for years like many have posted.

You sound silly, either way you put it, ALL the Talent whether A or B for this age group is now gone. not 1 or 2 but groups of girls leaving or have left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player development and motivation has stalled at TG. Lack of quality coaching and consistent coaching. While some of the college girls do a nice job with the players, their time together is short and the others are on their phones texting and even worse some of the coaches don't get along (2021 black coaches). SS only showed any interest in the 2020 black team, and only sits under her tent during camps collecting checks before the camp starts, then sits on her phone all day rather that walk around to oversee the stations during those camps, she should be more involved and hands on. All the clubs are a money grab in many ways, but TG is starting to become arrogant and forgetting that the consumer has other options. Some of those options used to be part of their club and splintered away because they saw/heard the dissatisfaction of parents and kids first hand and told the family, the family didn't want to listen.

Also the kids are not happy in the organization because they are not getting better at a rate consistent with their peers at other clubs, and have not been able to compete with top clubs. Better players are not being promoted to top teams leading to more frustration. It tells you something when purple girls can go to other clubs and make their top teams. Especially when those teams are as good as your own top team and getting better. It tells you that your politics is holding some of your talented girls down and hurting your overall ability to compete by not having the top girls on the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Player development and motivation has stalled at TG. Lack of quality coaching and consistent coaching. While some of the college girls do a nice job with the players, their time together is short and the others are on their phones texting and even worse some of the coaches don't get along (2021 black coaches). SS only showed any interest in the 2020 black team, and only sits under her tent during camps collecting checks before the camp starts, then sits on her phone all day rather that walk around to oversee the stations during those camps, she should be more involved and hands on. All the clubs are a money grab in many ways, but TG is starting to become arrogant and forgetting that the consumer has other options. Some of those options used to be part of their club and splintered away because they saw/heard the dissatisfaction of parents and kids first hand and told the family, the family didn't want to listen.

Also the kids are not happy in the organization because they are not getting better at a rate consistent with their peers at other clubs, and have not been able to compete with top clubs. Better players are not being promoted to top teams leading to more frustration. It tells you something when purple girls can go to other clubs and make their top teams. Especially when those teams are as good as your own top team and getting better. It tells you that your politics is holding some of your talented girls down and hurting your overall ability to compete by not having the top girls on the top team.

I agree that a lot more needs to be done about the coaching, the problem also is they cannot find coaches other than the college kids because any decent coach is going to want to be paid far more than what they get away with by hiring college kids. BS and SS are all about collecting the money not spending it. Secondly SS showed not attention at all to the purple team. Just because it's your 2nd team, those kids are not any way less inferior than those on black. It doesn't take much to show up and support one of their games and give them any type of feedback or motivation. It would be nice for her or BS to show up and support the purple team. See what's going on, see who's improving. How can you move kids up but never saw the kids play in any games? How can you say you moved some kids up based on summer game performance when you were not at any games? Why because that's all BS. Way too much politics which is starting to be the Demise of the club. When a parent from black can tell you that they will give you 4 or 5 of the girls that play for his town team if you keep his daughters spot safe, that's politics. When you constantly pick less talented over kids that really work hard and just want that acknowledgment or motivation but because they're not from WB or giving you money and gifts on the side, that's politics. It seems that anyone that can help fill TG coffers with more money can pretty much dictate what goes on. So much more going on but its too much to type.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm only going to address your statements about 2021 black, my daughter plays on that team. You are a liar, a fake, a phony and a fraud! Everything you said about the coaches is not true! My daughters experience at the camps is the polar opposite of your description as well, SS spent a [lacrosse] of a lot of time at stations and with the girls!
I believe you are here to promote your new girls program, I suggest you express what your program has done or will do rather then negative sell others. If all you can do is negative sell, them it is quite obvious your program has nothing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FOF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen everyone has their opinions and should just move on if they are unhappy. The one statement that is a little off is when you say the girls are not getting any better compared to their peers at other clubs. The coaches cannot make them better players individually, that comes from within. Coaches take the talent they have and try to mold them into a cohesive unit that plays together. An individual gets better by constantly trying to improve on their own. Going to wall every day will make their stick sharper. A coach cannot do that. Can a coach show them a new dodge, of course but you as an individual must be able to make it work in a game situation. It is a game of repetition. If you are in this for getting your daughter recruited to a college, then do not blame a coach...stop spending so much time and energy on this website and go out and work with your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm only going to address your statements about 2021 black, my daughter plays on that team. You are a liar, a fake, a phony and a fraud! Everything you said about the coaches is not true! My daughters experience at the camps is the polar opposite of your description as well, SS spent a [lacrosse] of a lot of time at stations and with the girls!
I believe you are here to promote your new girls program, I suggest you express what your program has done or will do rather then negative sell others. If all you can do is negative sell, them it is quite obvious your program has nothing!

Well if your daughter plays on that team, please explain why they changed the coaches this year? Because of all the arguments they had this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are absolutely incorrect. Yes there were some changes in the coaching, but not for the reasons you are trying to insinuate! There was no fighting period. Stop fishing troll and worry about your program!

Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard