BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Re: LI Outlaws News
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have all the emails been sent out ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about if you went to second tryout to move up to select. Have they gone out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check spam

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing in spam , they should know who should be on 2018 select & black , borderline player they want another look at , should be asked to come back for the second tryout , I would imagine .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Check spam
did that. Tried calling and get voicemail.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else notice the change in the coaching line up for the 5th 2023? Originally Travis and another coach were coaching Select and Matt Lauria & Bobby Rooney were coaching Black. Why was ML moved? I registered my kid with the knowledge that ML would be the head coach of Black NOT Rooney. The Black team now has Rooney, & Pat Brennan. There is very little lax info in Rooney's bio, including the year he was in college, that makes me nervous as I think of the older out of touch dad coach (not worth $2,400.00). Pat Brennan bio is not even listed, what are his credentials? The chatter about PB is that he is listed in name only and not be present with coaching the B team. Does anyone know any info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rooney coached the 2020's for years and is a great coach. You will get more practices and more tourneys with him IF the parents are onboard and kids are available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone else notice the change in the coaching line up for the 5th 2023? Originally Travis and another coach were coaching Select and Matt Lauria & Bobby Rooney were coaching Black. Why was ML moved? I registered my kid with the knowledge that ML would be the head coach of Black NOT Rooney. The Black team now has Rooney, & Pat Brennan. There is very little lax info in Rooney's bio, including the year he was in college, that makes me nervous as I think of the older out of touch dad coach (not worth $2,400.00). Pat Brennan bio is not even listed, what are his credentials? The chatter about PB is that he is listed in name only and not be present with coaching the B team. Does anyone know any info?

Never saw ML as head coach black. He was always listed as coach of select. Brennan clearly stated that he was the coach of the black at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coaches normally stay with the same teams year after year. Generally, teams with coaching changes had some sort of problem. I am intentionally speaking very generically. You can infer whatever you wish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way of you comment of out of touch dad Coach Rooney doesn't kids.... He coached my son on 2020 and my son loved being on the team.... He gets them prepared for every game to give them the true chance to win. I personally was happy with him as well as glad that he is also still part of coaching staff with 2020 select...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is that you need to relax. I am an Outlaw parent and what I can tell you is PB will put the right coaches in the right places. The organization puts out a good product year after year and that's why you came. You didn't come because of a specific coach.

Just let everyone do their job and enjoy your experience being an outlaw and don't worry who is coaching and who isn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you look at coaching staffs of the select teams they are headlined by top notch Varsity coaches. Especially though the recruiting ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coaches normally stay with the same teams year after year. Generally, teams with coaching changes had some sort of problem. I am intentionally speaking very generically. You can infer whatever you wish.

Totally agree from what I saw last season. PB needed to step down to B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never saw ML as head coach black. He was always listed as coach of select. Brennan clearly stated that he was the coach of the black at tryouts.

Another year of bait and switch. It's getting old PB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also saw Lauria listed with black just a few weeks ago!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Matt Lauria was always coaching the 2023 Select as the defensive coach. Kevin Travis will be coaching the offense. Pat Brennan has coached the top team in the past and will help out.

Pat Brennan and Bobby Rooney will coach the Black team- just like it was originally released.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIOutlaws
Matt Lauria was always coaching the 2023 Select as the defensive coach. Kevin Travis will be coaching the offense. Pat Brennan has coached the top team in the past and will help out.

Pat Brennan and Bobby Rooney will coach the Black team- just like it was originally released.

I am an out laws parent who's on the fence about returning. Speaking from experience if Pat Brennan says he is going to be coaching the B...oooops Black team you can bet that he will not be there for majority of the season. Why would Select need 3 HS coaches? Black gets only Rooney?! Just made up my mind!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also saw Lauria listed with black just a few weeks ago!

On page 4 of this thread is the release by outlaws with who is coaching. Give it up already. It was released once and once only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's right. Lauria was listed originally as coaching Black 2023

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The confusion lies in any name change. Coach Lauria was always coaching the top team (Black last year, Select this year).

Select has 2 HS coaches not 3 as mentioned by poster above. Second team (Black) coaches are Pat Brennan and Bobby Rooney.

All coaches listed on website as well for all ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am an out laws parent who's on the fence about returning. Speaking from experience if Pat Brennan says he is going to be coaching the B...oooops Black team you can bet that he will not be there for majority of the season. Why would Select need 3 HS coaches? Black gets only Rooney?! Just made up my mind!

Whew thank god your not coming back - parents like you are what ruin the "team" please dont come back - your son is always welcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Outlaws "Black" (Formally Silver) teams be playing in A or B divisions? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Will the Outlaws "Black" (Formally Silver) teams be playing in A or B divisions? Thanks.

Each team will be scheduled based on their skill level. Would be unfair to blanket all teams in an organization with the same name under the same division every tournament. Our goal is to have all teams playing at the highest level possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whew thank god your not coming back - parents like you are what ruin the "team" please dont come back - your son is always welcome.

Money hungry organizations, self aggrandizing coaches with small skills and large agendas is what ruins teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is that you need to relax. I am an Outlaw parent and what I can tell you is PB will put the right coaches in the right places. The organization puts out a good product year after year and that's why you came. You didn't come because of a specific coach.

Just let everyone do their job and enjoy your experience being an outlaw and don't worry who is coaching and who isn't.

Put the Kool-Aid down dude! People DO go to organizations for specific coaches as much as they avoid organizations due to specific coaches. I do worry! Don't need to waste 2,400.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are joking right? Having the right coaches is extremely important. Having a coach that actually has practices and shows up to tournaments is of the utmost importance. Organizations are very quick to bait and switch. You sign on and agree to play for them based on one what you are told and then things are different after the first practice. That's deceptive and it happens all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are joking right? Having the right coaches is extremely important. Having a coach that actually has practices and shows up to tournaments is of the utmost importance. Organizations are very quick to bait and switch. You sign on and agree to play for them based on one what you are told and then things are different after the first practice. That's deceptive and it happens all the time.

You are absolutely correct!! Coaching is everything. A single coach can either make or break a team, especially one that is arrogant and notorious for being a no show. But hey, if some random, anonymous, stranger says to trust in PB, well than lets all be indoctrinated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to know who's coaching the 2023 Black team and if it's the same coach as last year plus how many kids does that team normally carry.

Why is this still left unanswered?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are absolutely correct!! Coaching is everything. A single coach can either make or break a team, especially one that is arrogant and notorious for being a no show. But hey, if some random, anonymous, stranger says to trust in PB, well than lets all be indoctrinated!

Ask the 2018 Black now called select how the coaching was this past summer. It was nonexistent. Rarely a practice, and no set plays. A complete waste of $2400. Team had talent yet didn't do well because of the poor coaching. Kids didnt go to practice because practices stunk. They also lost so much interest that they didn't show to tournaments. This coaching staff was handpicked by PB. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask the 2018 Black now called select how the coaching was this past summer. It was nonexistent. Rarely a practice, and no set plays. A complete waste of $2400. Team had talent yet didn't do well because of the poor coaching. Kids didnt go to practice because practices stunk. They also lost so much interest that they didn't show to tournaments. This coaching staff was handpicked by PB. lol

You had same problem with the team called 2018 silver now will be called black. 10-13 kids showing up to practice, 15-17 to tournaments. Coaches didn't care!!!! 15 min before game starts kids still sitting around not warming up!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would like to know who's coaching the 2023 Black team and if it's the same coach as last year plus how many kids does that team normally carry.

Why is this still left unanswered?

This was answered on previous pages. All coaching staffs have been posted and can be found on www.lioutlawslax.com as well.

2023 Select- Kevin Travis and Matt Lauria
2023 Black- Pat Brennan and Bobby Rooney

At this age the team normally carries 22. Every team is slightly different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about coaching. I couldn't agree more. There are coaches and there are coaches. Some coaches, are so overcommitted, they can't be there, or they just go through the motions because they dont wish to be there. Then some coaches go the exra mile, we all know who they are. I don't care if the coach was all american at syracuse or duke, if he has no energy or desire to be there , I dont want him. I don't want the 20 or whatever number the contract says of practices. I want more. The point is I want a coach who wants more. When you have a coach like that, they are not easy to find, but when you do, kids never miss practice or tournaments. Kids want to be there. The energy and effort by a coach like that is what makes a team, a successful team. In my opinion. My son, who is 12 expierienced both types of people. There is no comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You had same problem with the team called 2018 silver now will be called black. 10-13 kids showing up to practice, 15-17 to tournaments. Coaches didn't care!!!! 15 min before game starts kids still sitting around not warming up!!

Why do people continue to come back to this organization? There are so many others to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people continue to come back to this organization? There are so many others to choose from.

There has been a bit of a exodus by a few players they considered their best at key positions. Don't believe what they will reply with that these players were not good. They were constantly mentioned as the best players on the team. They also went on to very good teams.There were going to be more players leaving to go play with their high school team over the summer but their high school coaches are now directors and they are forced to come back. So because of this they think they were retaining players but they really wanted to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Behavior issues of coaches really bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White Trash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the fact that my son plays for the Outlaws! I've never seen a travel club stir up so many emotions in so many people. This has to be the place to be. Sorry suckers their are just so many spots, better luck next time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who thinks their kid has a chance at making their select teams or "A" teams should think again. Those spots are locked up by previous players, kids who were hand picked prior to try outs or kids who play for the high school coaches who are now board members. Yes there may be a couple of exceptions, but the directors know who most of the kids are that they want before try outs start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the fact that my son plays for the Outlaws! I've never seen a travel club stir up so many emotions in so many people. This has to be the place to be. Sorry suckers their are just so many spots, better luck next time.

Or the place people had the most issues. Buyers beware!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the place people had the most issues. Buyers beware!!!!!

The only emotion being stirred up here is nausea!

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard