BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,578
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RP go to your local FD for this argument air your nonsense there face to face

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be someone from the Lady Eagles writing this stuff because they can't form proper sentences. Misspelled words and improper grammar are hallmarks of Lady Eagles leadership and youth club board members. Whomever wrote that "There are more girls playing lacrosse than ever" is drinking too much Kool-Aid. Forget about 2018-2021 numbers because these groups were managed under different leaderships years ago when things were fun for the kids. Current leadership, which includes this Lady Eagles coach, have managed to whittle the youth numbers down to where we have 3---yes, 3, 2024 kids playing in the youth program. To call the Lady Eagles a town team is so misleading. 11-12 of those kids have been playing on YJ or TG since the 2nd grade. You would be lucky to find 1 or 2 kids this team that didn't play travel. And, these kids are terrible. BTW, these non-travel kids are coached/trained by this brilliant Lady Eagles coach. He takes credit for their successes. Meanwhile, parents have spent thousands and thousands for travel, privates, etc. It's a joke. Parents are moving to Shoreham and Miller Place just to get away for these people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does FD and RP stand for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish more parents would have the courage to stand up to these bully false prophets of lax that have hijacked our youth programs. But, I don't blame people for remaining anonymous. People that have stood up to these false prophets have been crucified by them. This group is relentless. They spread lies upon lies about honest people that truly care about the kids of this community. Someone should print these posts and check back in 4-5 years to be a witness to the wonderful works of this brilliant Lady Eagles coach and his mindless followers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents and kids were so fed up with this crap they formed thier own 5/6th PAL team and had to go to Nassau to play, as to get their daughters away from this garbage. All his little Lady Eagles that we're left managed to win ONE game this year. The outsiders that left managed wins against Manhassett and Garden City, to name a few.
The Prophet was so pissed when the group of coaches that didn't buy his garbage won tournaments, and he knew he had to put a stop to it!!
Had the Board remove two long-standing coaches that lost 1 game the whole time they were coaching. Now the Prophet and his kool-aid followers are trying to smear Joe and Dan Spallina. Joe had tha audacity to try to help, even offered to have some SB players come down and help the girls. But lord forbid Sanchez be out shown by anyone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many have tried under different circumstances. It's futile to discuss anything with this group. They're bunch of homegrown Rocky Pointers that will follow each other off a cliff. Some of them even hated each other back in the day, but now under the lax banner, are "friends". They are all a bunch of users. Using each other. We would have more success debating these issues with a brick wall. Most of them are dumb as doorknobs. What they have going for them is that they are established, have a lot of time to waste, mobilize quickly to squash any dissidents, and they create a lot of noise, noise, noise. That so called brilliant Lady Eagles coach wouldn't know the difference zone and man-to-man. He carries a lax stick all the time to prop himself up because doesn't even know how to use it---and this is not even a joke. What's even sadder than the deterioration of the youth program is the group that follows him. None...not one of their kids will get scholarship money. He's 3 kids through the YJ program. One didn't play college. The other didn't get any money. I think #3 will might get some money. She committed to MD, but she still has 3 more years of HS. Parents, invest your money in your kids education. Let kids be kids before they grow up to be adults and hate you for ruining their childhood.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is really a silly discussion. Clearly all the people on this thread know each other. Don't waste everyone else's time Call each other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alot easier said then done.
Lax mafia will hunt you down if you cross their line and dare to challenge.

uote=Anonymous]This is really a silly discussion. Clearly all the people on this thread know each other. Don't waste everyone else's time Call each other [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's start this from the top!

Commend this coach for proving who wrong ?
Is it DS or JS ?

Now let's give real credit when credit is due !

I like to Commend JS for all his success in both men , womens , and youth lacrosse
And most importantly not getting involved with this knuckle head girls program. Some hate him and some love him , he's not out there for a popularity contest. He is the example of dedication and results .

There's only one person from Rocky Point who proved people wrong ,and guess what it's not boot camp mikey.

quote=Anonymous]Like to Commend the Lady Eagles Town Team from Rocky Point on their success this past season wrapping it up with a 2nd year Lake Placid victory. Their Coach who is a volunteer has put numerous amounts of time and effort to showing positive results on both his Varsity and Middle School level teams , where others couldn't care less about the program he has proved them wrong. There is greater things ahead for this group of girls and for this coach. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's start this from the top!

Commend this coach for proving who wrong ?
Is it DS or JS ?

Now let's give real credit when credit is due !

I like to Commend JS for all his success in both men , womens , and youth lacrosse
And most importantly not getting involved with this knuckle head girls program. Some hate him and some love him , he's not out there for a popularity contest. He is the example of dedication and results .

There's only one person from Rocky Point who proved people wrong ,and guess what it's not boot camp mikey.

quote=Anonymous]Like to Commend the Lady Eagles Town Team from Rocky Point on their success this past season wrapping it up with a 2nd year Lake Placid victory. Their Coach who is a volunteer has put numerous amounts of time and effort to showing positive results on both his Varsity and Middle School level teams , where others couldn't care less about the program he has proved them wrong. There is greater things ahead for this group of girls and for this coach.
[/quote]

Joe is a proven winner, Dan is a gentleman who teaches the right way. Boot Camp Mikey is, and always will be a "Daddy Coach".
It is one thing to come on here to congratulate a group of girls, but your little hit and dig on Dan and Joe, as well as showing Boot Camp Mikey's real ambitions started this whole thing and embarrassed RP. Having the JV coach continually undermine the varsity coach and the program, outright saying he will take over Dan's job and bring a State Championship to RP is embarrassing. Hopefully the AD and Board see this crap and stop it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Joe and Dan Spallina. Very different styles of coaching. Both know more about lax than most top lax athletes. They both come from a family that eats and sleeps sports. It would be very hard to find anyone on this planet that knows more about lax than these two and the other Spallinas. I'm so glad that my kid is no longer playing in this environment. I had to sit for YEARS and be tortured by Sanchez coaching from the stands. Yelling at every player. As if my ultracompetitive daughter didn't know better to play harder that she needed extra coaching from the stands. Btw, my daughter went on to play college ball. From what I've been told, his HS team is comprised of travel lax kids with parents that throw boat loads of money into private trainers. And that his younger teams have very few travel lax kids and these teams don't win any games. If he's such a genius coach then why aren't the younger teams winning? He uses his HS team to fool younger parents into thinking that he's such a great coach. If Joe and Dan want nothing to do with him and these guys are experts then what does this say about Sanchez?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I coached against said coach for years in the youth program. One summer league game, he accused me of stacking my team with older kids. We had one older kid that we grabbed from another team because we didn't have enough players. It's summer league. Who cares?? His passion is so misplaced. Things got ugly quickly. I'm thankful this coach doesn't live in my town. Plus, our program director wouldn't put with this sort of behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I coached against said coach for years in the youth program. One summer league game, he accused me of stacking my team with older kids. We had one older kid that we grabbed from another team because we didn't have enough players. It's summer league. Who cares?? His passion is so misplaced. Things got ugly quickly. I'm thankful this coach doesn't live in my town. Plus, our program director wouldn't put with this sort of behavior.

I have coached against the 2018 Rocky Point team, the Lady Eagle team and this coach for many years, in leagues and tournaments. Decent team with some good players, but the teams were nothing special. I would note that nearly every single game I walked away saying to myself that I would never let my daughter play for the guy, the sideline antics are just way out of control. To each their own, guess some people may like that in a coach???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Hop, it looks like Rocky Point needs their own thread!

User
User
Hey Hop, it looks like Rocky Point needs their own thread!

Any of the RP contributors can start their own thread. Probably a good idea considering what we all have witnessed.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We need a therapist HOP!! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there a high percentage of 2018 players committed ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there a high percentage of 2018 players committed ?

Define high percentage. I would say at the top 20 programs, many have filled 1-4 spots. I have direct knowledge of 4 schools and with those the numbers are 4, 3, 2, and 2 as of 2 weeks ago. Those same schools have offers outstanding to several others already. My impression is schools outside the top programs are a little slower in committing?

Maybe someone else has firmer numbers. It seems to have sped up pretty meaningfully again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to be 2019 commits as well! The 2018 class is very talented

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2019 has committed on the girls side, at least not publicly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have not committed in secret either,lol. Many schools are not even done with their 2017 class yet and no school is done with their 2018 class yet. You will see a few 2019 go this fall but not many and will not be the top kids as those top kids will have many offers and a lot to consider.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have not committed in secret either,lol. Many schools are not even done with their 2017 class yet and no school is done with their 2018 class yet. You will see a few 2019 go this fall but not many and will not be the top kids as those top kids will have many offers and a lot to consider.

Agree, I don’t think you will see too many 2019’s committing this fall.

The “Top Players” are very fortunate in that they are afforded the opportunity to choose the school they would like to attend. There are maybe 15 to 20 players of that caliber. For the most part all of the top schools will be recruiting those players. The question for them is: did all of the coaches have a chance to watch them play this summer? Will all of the coaches have a chance to watch them play this fall? If a top 2019 player wants to go to Stanford but the Stanford coach has not watched her play then the player will have to wait and not commit. However,
if the girl has offers from Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Northwestern, Maryland, USC, Hopkins, Penn and Yale and the girl (and her family) really want to attend Penn or Maryland she will commit. There is no point in waiting if one of the schools offering is a great all around fit for the student athlete. The top schools consistently identify, recruit and commit the top players. After the top 20 or so girls commit the pace will pick up for all of the other strong players. The process will continue into the girls rising junior and even senior year for some. There are a lot of great opportunities out there it just takes a little longer for some to find the right fit.

After the fall recruiting tournaments and (Winter - Duke & UNC Camps) the top 2019’s will have a lot to think about.

Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny but for people who talk so much crap about the varsity coach all season on how he sucks , they certainly kiss his [lacrosse] when season rolls around.
Yes you know who you are !
That includes the main topic.

Wow for somebody that hates this coach and teams so much you really keep close tabs on them.

Must be a north central Suffolk County thing...your friends next door in Miller Place don't even have a coach now for any level as they were all let go. Almost every senior and junior (except for the 'Brown' noser looking to get into Brown who had no travel experience and didn't get into Brown anyway but wasted a position on the field) lit into the coach during the exit interviews (heck, she probably did also) so I guess we got what we were hoping for. The RP and the MP girls have been playing sports with and against each other for years and they both wonder how they have scant playoff opportunities with the talent they had and have.

Don't forget SWR. Used to be one of the best programs in the state. 5 titles. Now they are just horrendous. A new AD that seems to care less and is not engaged, and a terrible coach. No plays, players in wrong positions, and all politics. It's a shame what happened to this program. You can lump SWR in with RP and MP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR and RP, not sure about MP, and many other towns are plagued by dads that take credit for their child's talents. They think that since they played in HS and or watched from sidelines and experienced the successes of their child's top team that somehow they too were transformed into lax experts that know more than experienced coaches that played at high levels. I don't know Sanchex. But, I know his daughter is a good plAyer and plays on a top team. From what I've heard about him and what I've read here, he's a classic case of a dad that thinks he knows it all. I just hope his daughter makes it out of all this unscathed. I'm sure he loves his daughter, but he might be doing her more harm than good. He and others like him should leave it to the professionals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR and RP, not sure about MP, and many other towns are plagued by dads that take credit for their child's talents. They think that since they played in HS and or watched from sidelines and experienced the successes of their child's top team that somehow they too were transformed into lax experts that know more than experienced coaches that played at high levels. I don't know Sanchex. But, I know his daughter is a good plAyer and plays on a top team. From what I've heard about him and what I've read here, he's a classic case of a dad that thinks he knows it all. I just hope his daughter makes it out of all this unscathed. I'm sure he loves his daughter, but he might be doing her more harm than good. He and others like him should leave it to the professionals.

MP was actually blessed with a husband and wife who got the girls program going 10 or so years ago and put lots of time and effort into building the youth program. Our issue was that we had horrible coaching in the high school and could not win even though we had a lot of talent. I heard that the aforementioned Mr S put in for the vacant MP job and so did a coach from one of the big clubs who now lives in the district and has girls who play. Either one is a big improvement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rp dad going over to MP to coach will not happen ,He has a personal mission to accomplish!!

MP was actually blessed with a husband and wife who got the girls program going 10 or so years ago and put lots of time and effort into building the youth program. Our issue was that we had horrible coaching in the high school and could not win even though we had a lot of talent. I heard that the aforementioned Mr S put in for the vacant MP job and so did a coach from one of the big clubs who now lives in the district and has girls who play. Either one is a big improvement

User
User

And who in the SWR and RP (besides Mr Sanchez) programs fit the description you described? What have they done to make you form that opinion?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No response from original poster? Don't be a little flower...lol

User
User
Originally Posted by The Hop

And who in the SWR and RP (besides Mr Sanchez) programs fit the description you described? What have they done to make you form that opinion?

I guess the original poster fled the scene. Seems to have been discovered and crawled back into his cave.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a reliable estimate of how many 2018 TG girls left the program this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 topic, didn't see any threads. What should we expect from a travel club regarding 2019 Girls. I'm pretty tuned into the boys side but my daughters team is a very good team from PA and it doesn't seem that her club is doing anything regarding exposure and college guidance. Does it just start later for girls? What are the best showcase events. Team or individual?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the top clubs in me at 2019 are working on schools already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a reliable estimate of how many 2018 TG girls left the program this year?

You have asked same question on multiple threads Troll....be gone little man with your micro manhood.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have asked same question on multiple threads Troll....be gone little man with your micro manhood.

16 hours to come up with that lame come back? This is the only thread I have asked this question, D-bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG is scrambling to fill out the purple and white rosters with so many girls saying no and going to other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are having issues with 2018 Purple and white team. That age groups program is sinking real fast. BS and SS can't stop it most of the talent is gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be new to club sports.it's all about who you know and how deep is your pockets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can it be that girls would be declining spots before they attend elevate or yellow jacket tryouts which haven't happened yet ??

That's because they have had enough of the BS. Neither team has gotten any better in 3 years. Coaches play everyone equal regardless of skill level. Girls can miss practices and it doesn't affect playing time. Neither team plays to win at the end of games. Girls are tired of watching other players get promoted or demoted based on whether they can force themselves to the net. Ball hogs are encouraged and team players are considered weak.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
and you think Elevate or YJ operate any differently when it comes to "ball hogs forcing their way to the net'?..its a sad state when most/all programs--boys & girls--reward the kid who continually goes to the cage without regard for the teammates...parents on sidelines know but the coaches overlook it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the honest answer. Your daughter definitely played purple because that describes bs opinion on that team completely. He seem consumed by the same parents following him around but I do think the coach tried to promote team play and didn't think the team players were weaker. But they dropped that coach........another request from the parents following him around

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard