BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were both liberty a and b teams weak? Not worried about being on best team in the area just want to have good coaching and college connections if my daughter decides to try and play in college.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My daughter tried out last week and made top gun purple. should have made black team but was new to the club so i guess they moved up existing players.I'd put her as a low or mid/low level "A" player if I was ranking her. Haven't responded yet. Wondering if people decline their black team spots if they would offer it to her. Hesitant to commit to the purple team. Also we did get email reminders to accept this week. Any comments would be appreciated

Waiting for Legacy then the chips will fall into place. Big turnover this year on both the black and purple not sure what your getting from either team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were both liberty a and b teams weak? Not worried about being on best team in the area just want to have good coaching and college connections if my daughter decides to try and play in college.

my town team beat both of them by more than 5 goals last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My daughter tried out last week and made top gun purple. should have made black team but was new to the club so i guess they moved up existing players.I'd put her as a low or mid/low level "A" player if I was ranking her. Haven't responded yet. Wondering if people decline their black team spots if they would offer it to her. Hesitant to commit to the purple team. Also we did get email reminders to accept this week. Any comments would be appreciated

Waiting for Legacy then the chips will fall into place. Big turnover this year on both the black and purple not sure what your getting from either team.

So true, I would say don't do it. Do you really think if she made purple they gonna move her up over everyone else on the purple team still waiting for their chance to get a crack at black? Find yourself another club, go to other tryouts that are coming up. You are getting nothing from black and even worse from purple. Both now have b team talent. Majority black/purple are waiting on Legacy results, some will be happy and some will be pissed the [lacrosse] off. Do yourself a favor avoid all the politics and BS and just find someplace else for your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for clarification...curious what town team that was?....my daughter played on Liberty and I want to see if I remember losing to a town team...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club out there is the right fit for certain people. So many parents think that their kid making the top team at the top club will ultimately make them happy. While making the top team is an accomplishment, and your daughter should be proud if she makes it, the reality is that the experience may not be great. A kid struggling to stay afloat on top team, may indeed have a better experience on the team below. I see it every year with a few kids . There will always be a handful of players on every team who are quite frankly in over their heads. Best to keep a realistic expectation of what team your kid should be on and pick the best team that truly fits her talent/skill and most importantly athletic level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy email out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
legacy emails and results are out, wasn't the news we expected but it is what it is. congrats to who all made it and good luck! 2 great solid teams with great coaching. Our road ends here with TG as like we said earlier we will not spend another dime there. Good thing is it's still early in the tryout season and many more tryouts go. Time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2020 does not overcharge for anything including clinics and camps. They raised prices $100 for 10 extra practices, and member fee is still lower than many "elite" Long Island programs. Some programs don't even post their prices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter plays well on TG purple, she will get noticed and play more. Girls on TG black should be better, but playing time is equal for all girls on the black team. Not the case with TG and most organizations' B and C teams - where standout girls play more.

The level of talent on A teams should be closer from the top to bottom of roster than B teams. If you leave and she plays for another organization, will she still get the playing time? The new organization will likely keep the girls they already have if the talent level is equal. They know your checks won't bounce and are not a crazy parent. If a girl jumps from team to team each year, why should the organization be loyal to the player? I don't really get why people want to do that every year. If your daughter is talented, and gets better each year, than the organization did it's job (in my opinion). Is it about winning or getting better? If the team makes the championship brackets, that's good enough for me. Gets me home an hour earlier!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions about the Beach Bums program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter plays well on TG purple, she will get noticed and play more. Girls on TG black should be better, but playing time is equal for all girls on the black team. Not the case with TG and most organizations' B and C teams - where standout girls play more.

The level of talent on A teams should be closer from the top to bottom of roster than B teams. If you leave and she plays for another organization, will she still get the playing time? The new organization will likely keep the girls they already have if the talent level is equal. They know your checks won't bounce and are not a crazy parent. If a girl jumps from team to team each year, why should the organization be loyal to the player? I don't really get why people want to do that every year. If your daughter is talented, and gets better each year, than the organization did it's job (in my opinion). Is it about winning or getting better? If the team makes the championship brackets, that's good enough for me. Gets me home an hour earlier!

Playing time is NEVER equal on any of the top teams - they all play to win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe your expectation of your daughters skills are not realistic. If you think she should be on a "higher" level team but keeps making the "B" team, maybe you need to readjust your outlook. Let the kids play and have fun. Stop living through your student-athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter has been on TG Purple for a year or two and is frustrated by the lack of movement up to Black take her to all of the other club tryouts and see how she fairs with them. If she is a quality player that TG just doesn't recognize she will definitely make one or more of the A teams out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter has been on TG Purple for a year or two and is frustrated by the lack of movement up to Black take her to all of the other club tryouts and see how she fairs with them. If she is a quality player that TG just doesn't recognize she will definitely make one or more of the A teams out there.

I agree with attending other tryouts as long as your daughter does not need to be on a certain team. Don't forget that some clubs only have 1 team in each division. I don't know the pecking order of 2020 teams so I can't help you with who is better. The last tryout is usually YJ if you are not happy with anything else but with any club with more than one team, your daughter would need to be noticeably better than the bottom of the A team roster for the club to take her and put her on the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I said in my original post, we are not on TG purple yet this is our first time ever trying out for TG and she made the purple team.Just wanted some feedback from parents that are there before we accepted the position. Just wanted to know how easy it is to move up in the organization before we committed to it. What are the quality of coaches? Will she develop? Etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe your expectation of your daughters skills are not realistic. If you think she should be on a "higher" level team but keeps making the "B" team, maybe you need to readjust your outlook. Let the kids play and have fun. Stop living through your student-athlete.

This is her first time trying out for TG, she came from another club. Just surprised she made B team and puzzled as to whether to accept it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions about the Beach Bums program?

I think 91 bought them, and they have quickly gone down the drain (not sure how they are for the younger girls, bt most of the better older girls have moved onto new programs).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like I said in my original post, we are not on TG purple yet this is our first time ever trying out for TG and she made the purple team.Just wanted some feedback from parents that are there before we accepted the position. Just wanted to know how easy it is to move up in the organization before we committed to it. What are the quality of coaches? Will she develop? Etc

they moved a couple of kids up from Purple to Black this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club out there is the right fit for certain people. So many parents think that their kid making the top team at the top club will ultimately make them happy. While making the top team is an accomplishment, and your daughter should be proud if she makes it, the reality is that the experience may not be great. A kid struggling to stay afloat on top team, may indeed have a better experience on the team below. I see it every year with a few kids . There will always be a handful of players on every team who are quite frankly in over their heads. Best to keep a realistic expectation of what team your kid should be on and pick the best team that truly fits her talent/skill and most importantly athletic level.

Well said. BUT, this doesn't take into account the egos of the parents. I mean, what's more important here?

But seriously, I think you are right except for the fact that some kids will do better when pressured to get better to keep up. Bigger fish smaller pond.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for the info..much apprciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok now so what about the coaching? Coaching should be equally important when deciding. There are a lot of things that should be considered when picking a club. What's the potential for growth? Is their feedback on child's progress whether good or bad? When lacrosse on Long Island becomes more about actually helping the kids rather than selling you false promises and taking your check. The kids and teams will get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out last week and made top gun purple. should have made black team but was new to the club so i guess they moved up existing players.I'd put her as a low or mid/low level "A" player if I was ranking her. Haven't responded yet. Wondering if people decline their black team spots if they would offer it to her. Hesitant to commit to the purple team. Also we did get email reminders to accept this week. Any comments would be appreciated

You would be surprised to know that both teams are exactly alike talent wise this year. The talent pool is dwindling. No standouts on either team and the talent are all leaving for other clubs whether a or b what's left are all average players. Other clubs are plucking TG a and b talent away at a rapid pace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is her first time trying out for TG, she came from another club. Just surprised she made B team and puzzled as to whether to accept it.

You would need to put it into context, basically what team is she coming from that has you surprised that she didn't make black? Despite all the TG bashing on here, there are some very talented girls on 2020 black. Unless half the players end up walking away( which sounds like may happen), maybe there is no room for your daughters talent. If she was a top 5-10 player coming from YJ, I would be surprised if she did not make black. If she was a top 1-3 player from elevate, legacy maybe liberty , I might be a little surprised. Seriously it is still only a very small handful of kids who could make this team. I know so many purple parents who just don't get it, or at least can't see it. I have no idea of your daughter or her lacrosse skills, but this is an all too familiar gripe and groan at every club/school team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She was a top player on the 4th YJ team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friends kid was on purple last year had a great experience .

My friends daughter was on purple last year and had a great experience .
You can't go by what the couple of disgruntled people post on here .

Ok now so what about the coaching? Coaching should be equally important when deciding. There are a lot of things that should be considered when picking a club. What's the potential for growth? Is their feedback on child's progress whether good or bad? When lacrosse on Long Island becomes more about actually helping the kids rather than selling you false promises and taking your check. The kids and teams will get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 3 of them from that team that came over, one is on the black team now, 2 are on purple. Take that for what it's worth but this is the talent black now has

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a question. My daughter played against a yj team this summer 2020 group. Coach was a large heavy set gentleman. Does anyone know what team that was. C or d. Definitely not their a or b team as we beat them fairly easily and our team was crushed by what I think was yj b..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a question. My daughter played against a yj team this summer 2020 group. Coach was a large heavy set gentleman. Does anyone know what team that was. C or d. Definitely not their a or b team as we beat them fairly easily and our team was crushed by what I think was yj b..

YJ D team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will get good coaching and college connections. Directors are at and run majority of practices in fall and winter and spring. Plenty of information regarding the recruiting process as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly is a top player on a YJ "4th" team? Yj's best players are on teams 1-2. anything past that are kids that are lesser skilled and just want to play lacrosse for the love of the game. Team 4 is no way, shape or form competitive. As successful as YJ is, if you are placed on 4th team then there is no way you can or should be placed on another club's such as TG top team. If you were a A player you would be on YJ blue or gold not 4. Says a lot about what's going on at TG. Most parents are very delusional and do not see what's going on right under there eyes. This is not a bash just a genuine assessment from an outsider that's been around successful programs for a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The. Problem is that TG used to be a successful program that everyone wanted to play for. Now they are little more than a startup with all the defections from purple and black 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The. Problem is that TG used to be a successful program that everyone wanted to play for. Now they are little more than a startup with all the defections from purple and black 2020.

ok. bye troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have a reliable estimate how many 2020 tg black players who tried out this past week have left to legacy or elsewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone have a reliable estimate how many 2020 tg black players who tried out this past week have left to legacy or elsewhere?

Legacy didn't take any of the black players that tried out. There's just no talent left at that level on TG for him to take any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are not on the team why do you care about what kind of team they are? Shouldn't you be worried about your own team? Players leave & stay for a variety of reasons. Do those reasons impact your life in any way? If not, stop worrying about a team your daughter doesn't play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy didn't take any of the black players that tried out. There's just no talent left at that level on TG for him to take any.

That is 100% not true! He took at least 2 girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard 2 girls from TG black went to Legacy blue...So Are you sure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard 2 girls from TG black went to Legacy blue...So Are you sure?

Where they 2 girls who got moved off of TG black after tryouts this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is not better than TG at any level. People who leave TG purple are leaving because they cannot make TG black. Simple truth. People who leave are mad that they cannot make the TG black team. Any organization will let B team players leave if they think they can make another organization's A team.

It is no different in girls' lacrosse than many professional sports. When backup players leave to become starters they rarely remain starters because their weaknesses get exposed. Some develop to become superstars, but some remain career backups. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are playing the game you love. Problem is the parents don't see it. This is the age where it gets harder to improve and take spots from other top level players.

Page 4 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard