BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 47 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was told that igloo can't field a team for 2019 this year. Is that correct I thought they had a solid team last year, what happened? First they cancel the 2018 team and now no takers for 2019. what about the kids that were at the tryouts and were told they will have a team.

Are you talking as athird person. One minute you say you heard the next thing you ask about the kids that were told they will have a team . Is that what you were told . If there is no team you can try out for some other organization . There is still time and plenty of organizations out there to tey and find a team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, time and plenty of teams? not hardly! Whose left that you want to head to team showcases with? In this pivotal year do you really want to start over with a new team that may or may not be invited to any showcase level tournament, teams that crumble at this point in the year did your kids wrong and should've let them know that there was a problem if they knew ( fl$, TB, Igloo),so they could've tried out for other teams earlier than this point in the process...money grab, money grab, money grab... But it's going on all over the place this year ... Lots of kids scrambling for a spot on a decent showcase team now with all these collapses and banishments... Teams don't care, got their tryout money, now the settle into their chosen few...TB and Igloo owe it to their boys at this age to reach out to each other, try to form a showcase team under one banner or the other and allow the boys a shot at a showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, time and plenty of teams? not hardly! Whose left that you want to head to team showcases with? In this pivotal year do you really want to start over with a new team that may or may not be invited to any showcase level tournament, teams that crumble at this point in the year did your kids wrong and should've let them know that there was a problem if they knew ( fl$, TB, Igloo),so they could've tried out for other teams earlier than this point in the process...money grab, money grab, money grab... But it's going on all over the place this year ... Lots of kids scrambling for a spot on a decent showcase team now with all these collapses and banishments... Teams don't care, got their tryout money, now the settle into their chosen few...TB and Igloo owe it to their boys at this age to reach out to each other, try to form a showcase team under one banner or the other and allow the boys a shot at a showcase.

If you paid by CC you might as well dispute it so they can't get the money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some igloo and true blue kids were at team revolution tryouts. I should of took my boy to this one. Couple of guys I know took their boys and were surprised at the quality of players there. Not sure what showcases they could get into but if you field a real competitive team maybe they could get in some down the road. Still feel 10th going into 11th grade is the ideal recruiting time for most of these boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a lot of talent at both Revolution tryouts. They will field two very good teams. Still one tryout left I believe.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a lot of talent at both Revolution tryouts. They will field two very good teams. Still one tryout left I believe.

You believe? It clearly says on the website the 19th is the next tryout. I'm sure you know that already so why be secretive about it. They will get the leftover scraps to come to this one. Or the have nots..Lol . Other organizations may do another one to fill in the numbers on the rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo emailed me and all others and got us recommend for the Blue Fish Program. Igloo did the right thing and didn't want to form a team for the sake of forming a team. They could have and taken my money, but didn't, and even gave us another place to go. What else could they do..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of changes to LI 2019. who is still around and who isn't as A or better. It's not about who's best but who is around and going where.

Express - 2 LI teams

Where is everyone else going - buzz worthy
Outlaws
Revolution
Sting
Empire
Bluefish

Will they have a team
Team LI?
Legacy?
All Greys?
True Blue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey tough guy didn't know revolution had another tryout on the 19th. There are definitely very good players who are still out there who didn't want to take express B or the a$$ who runs fl$ team. So go take bluefish. So you feel good your kid is on an A team. Team revolution seems to be a viable option for nassau county kids or western Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey tough guy didn't know revolution had another tryout on the 19th. There are definitely very good players who are still out there who didn't want to take express B or the a$$ who runs fl$ team. So go take bluefish. So you feel good your kid is on an A team. Team revolution seems to be a viable option for nassau county kids or western Suffolk.

I guess it's hard to read .when you were told about the tryouts didn't you see the third date right on the flyer. Your suppose to go to that one also. The cost is around $1700 without extra showcases which will add to the price I'm sure

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they practice in floral or new hyde park in the fall and summer but queens in the winter. Somewhat long ride for guys coming from Suffolk. Their are other teams on the island holding tryouts still.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB 2019 will not field a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they practice in floral or new hyde park in the fall and summer but queens in the winter. Somewhat long ride for guys coming from Suffolk. Their are other teams on the island holding tryouts still.
. Told us a lot of the practices eastern nassaua and winter too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't start rumors unless you know for a fact - nothing has been announced from TB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it's hard to read .when you were told about the tryouts didn't you see the third date right on the flyer. Your suppose to go to that one also. The cost is around $1700 without extra showcases which will add to the price I'm sure
. Extra showcases, are they necessary. How many is the exact number one should do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo emailed me and all others and got us recommend for the Blue Fish Program. Igloo did the right thing and didn't want to form a team for the sake of forming a team. They could have and taken my money, but didn't, and even gave us another place to go. What else could they do..

They could've formed a team and trained kids, but only want competitive teams cause they attract the $. And think about this, igloo tried to forge teams in an older age bracket out of thin air. It didn't work, so what did they do? They got their players recommended for a team and program with even less of a track record. Good luck boys, don't know if they really did you a favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They could've formed a team and trained kids, but only want competitive teams cause they attract the $. And think about this, igloo tried to forge teams in an older age bracket out of thin air. It didn't work, so what did they do? They got their players recommended for a team and program with even less of a track record. Good luck boys, don't know if they really did you a favor.

A pack of these old igloo players will likely go as a group together but not necessarily bluefish. Saw a bunch at revolution. Which was after bluefish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would find out for sure. Seems like alot of traveling from Suffolk to queens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After the tryout the director said that this team will practice in Eastern Nassau and do their winter program in the Bethpage/Farmingdale area. They said it was done to attract more kids from suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much is revolution does anybody know? I heard its cheep unless they raise their prices like all of the other organisations. What do they offer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they refund your tryout fee. That should of been the first thing they did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break. What were they suppose to do? At least they recommend kids to a new organization that has lax people involved in it. Bluefish has some very good people in the organization not like some other teams. Powers and Tierney just to start off with. These guys are very very good lax guys who have a great reputation in the lax community. To me I think that it's a no brainer. Where do you go, revolution? Who do they have running the organization some lax dad? Do they even have any big name people in the organization that have been successful in what they do? These guys at bluefish can teach you kids about lax at a much higher level then most. It's all a matter of who you want teaching your kids and how far you want to go with your sons knowledge of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody does that. Be realistic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break. What were they suppose to do? At least they recommend kids to a new organization that has lax people involved in it. Bluefish has some very good people in the organization not like some other teams. Powers and Tierney just to start off with. These guys are very very good lax guys who have a great reputation in the lax community. To me I think that it's a no brainer. Where do you go, revolution? Who do they have running the organization some lax dad? Do they even have any big name people in the organization that have been successful in what they do? These guys at bluefish can teach you kids about lax at a much higher level then most. It's all a matter of who you want teaching your kids and how far you want to go with your sons knowledge of the game.

yeah sure and the Legacy program, igloo program and TB program had some pretty impressive names and look at them. its all smoke and mirrors. just ask parents if they like a program and if it is well run. Also ask did their kids get playing time and were they coached well

good luck to all and keep it positive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the kids supposed to hear about the results from the Revolution tryouts today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some invites were sent I heard for Red....not sure about white team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't start rumors unless you know for a fact - nothing has been announced from TB

Fact! No 2019 Team for 2015/16. Phone calls were made last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard TB was holding an additional tryout and was planning on attending? Where did you hear no team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard TB was holding an additional tryout and was planning on attending? Where did you hear no team?

A very reliable source. And I heard about the additional tryout too, which has now been followed by the no 2019 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A very reliable source. And I heard about the additional tryout too, which has now been followed by the no 2019 team.

Heard it from horse's mouth - not sure why Igloo and TB didn't work something out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does this go for 2018 team too ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who are the coaches for the following A teams and which fall tournys they will be attending????

Bluefish
Revolution
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only know revolution. Kid name mike malawe. Bluefish as far as I know hasn't named one to my knowledge and can't remember lagacys coach. He is a head varsity coach for SWR high school I believe. Sorry not much help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Commandos is Mike Taylor.
Only know revolution. Kid name mike malawe. Bluefish as far as I know hasn't named one to my knowledge and can't remember lagacys coach. He is a head varsity coach for SWR high school I believe. Sorry not much help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have any idea what the 91 teams might be looking for? I would imagine with the seasons orange and white had they aren't looking to make many changes. Anyone have any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have any idea what the 91 teams might be looking for? I would imagine with the seasons orange and white had they aren't looking to make many changes. Anyone have any insight?

Unless your on the top team be careful. In 2018 age group there seems to be a mass exodus going on from the Orange Team which was the 2nd team behind Extreme. Players and parents not happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of changes to LI 2019. who is still around and who isn't as A or better. It's not about who's best but who is around and going where.

Express - 2 LI teams

Where is everyone else going - buzz worthy
Outlaws
Revolution
Sting
Empire
Bluefish

Will they have a team
Team LI?
Legacy?
All Greys?
True Blue?

Legacy will have A and solid B again, both with excellent coaching! Tryouts are next weeend, and they can get in any showcase that they want. These other teams folding should boost the talent for both Legacy teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told that igloo can't field a team for 2019 this year. Is that correct I thought they had a solid team last year, what happened? First they cancel the 2018 team and now no takers for 2019. what about the kids that were at the tryouts and were told they will have a team.

Yeah, what happened? They were very good....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah sure and the Legacy program, igloo program and TB program had some pretty impressive names and look at them. its all smoke and mirrors. just ask parents if they like a program and if it is well run. Also ask did their kids get playing time and were they coached well

good luck to all and keep it positive

What's the problem with Legacy and Mike Taylor as head coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tierny and Powers are great guys too, but they will not be able to dedicate the time. They won't be there much....

Page 6 of 47 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard