BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 144 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like 91 2018 A team playing in 5th-6th....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 2018 is at least playing in the "A" division. No breakout in 3rd/4th. Hope you're proud. If Orange crush was at Lehigh Express Orange would run back to fl$ tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just like 91 2018 A team playing in 5th-6th....

......and Team 91 2019 Orange playing in the 5th/6th grade B division. What's your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try to remember that if he is good enough to be playing up, the experience from the practices and the coaching if it is good, far outweighs the lack of playing time. To many people forget, when they are in 5/6 grade, no one remembers who won what! It's all about the experience.
The playing time will come. Just think he is learning and experiencing things that other 5th graders aren't so he will be a step ahead of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so where did you go

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just having fun watching you get worked up. can't we all just get along?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually the point is that 91 and express never seem to go head to head in tournaments. Are they both afraid of losing to each other? Two vaunted rivals who refuse to get into the ring. It's too bad for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tristate has the potential divisions up and it looks as if some Express teams will face some 91 teams (along with a few other LI teams).

Good luck to all.

BTG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually the point is that 91 and express never seem to go head to head in tournaments. Are they both afraid of losing to each other? Two vaunted rivals who refuse to get into the ring. It's too bad for the kids.

If I am not mistaken, the Turtles have an open invitation for 91 2017 Orange to play with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 2018 also has an open invitation to play express 2018 orange. Channy prefers to play 5th graders and shows up with 35 players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for another team in this age group, I do know players from both teams who we played with. It seems to me that both teams are making moves and avoiding the other. 91 got much bigger and stronger during the winter and the Turtles went and tried to make themselves bigger. The Turtles dominate at the faceoff dot and control the ball, 91 went and got a tough, big faceoff guy to eliminate that. They are both going to Lehigh but in diffrent groupings. Turtles are playing 7/8 A and 91 already has the 2016 teams in that bracket so the 2017 is playing 7/8 B. I guess they will never play each other

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh

did you mean "huh" or hahahahahah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for another team in this age group, I do know players from both teams who we played with. It seems to me that both teams are making moves and avoiding the other. 91 got much bigger and stronger during the winter and the Turtles went and tried to make themselves bigger. The Turtles dominate at the faceoff dot and control the ball, 91 went and got a tough, big faceoff guy to eliminate that. They are both going to Lehigh but in diffrent groupings. Turtles are playing 7/8 A and 91 already has the 2016 teams in that bracket so the 2017 is playing 7/8 B. I guess they will never play each other

What made you invest all this time to scribe this worthless statement? One big middie from KP isn't going to run over the Turtles. Every T contributes to their success. Good luck this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I am not mistaken, the Turtles have an open invitation for 91 2017 Orange to play with them.

Lot of "invitations" seem to be out there but no RSVP by either side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What made you invest all this time to scribe this worthless statement? One big middie from KP isn't going to run over the Turtles. Every T contributes to their success. Good luck this summer

One big Middie from KP isn,t going to run over the Turtles but a big team has JD trying to retool midstream, why else try to get a big Blue De-man from Bayville to come down and work out with the Turtles and see how they do things just 1 week before the summer tournaments begin. Who else has gotten calls? Who is being cut loose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Express 2017 team will be playing in Woodbridge, CT this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orange Crush is a two man show, rest of the team is mediocre at best. Once long poles get introduced those two will be neutralized and Express will roll over you...they're getting better and you're treading water at best...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My son plays for another team in this age group, I do know players from both teams who we played with. It seems to me that both teams are making moves and avoiding the other. 91 got much bigger and stronger during the winter and the Turtles went and tried to make themselves bigger. The Turtles dominate at the faceoff dot and control the ball, 91 went and got a tough, big faceoff guy to eliminate that. They are both going to Lehigh but in diffrent groupings. Turtles are playing 7/8 A and 91 already has the 2016 teams in that bracket so the 2017 is playing 7/8 B. I guess they will never play each other

One big Middie from KP isn,t going to run over the Turtles but a big team has JD trying to retool midstream, why else try to get a big Blue De-man from Bayville to come down and work out with the Turtles and see how they do things just 1 week before the summer tournaments begin. Who else has gotten calls? Who is being cut loose? [/quote

You might want to lay off the hemp. No truth to that. Move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Crush... Hope severs doesnt creep into those heels before the summer lets out. It just cant be healthy letting your son play that much over a two day span.

Let alone when there is a bench of players to take some minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So because Turtles look at a player during the season and JD's team is doomed? Really? I'm pretty sure he does that from time to time. They looked at another De-Man from Express a few weeks ago, doesn't mean they are crumbling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having seen both of these teams My boy is on 5th exp. Lets be honest those two boys are phenomenal but that entire team is really really really good and those kids are all on the same page. Way ahead of our 4th grade but remember there 4th grade things can change as the kids grow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest express issue with our 4th and 5th grade programs Why do we oNLY play our age group, we have to challenge our kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So because Turtles look at a player during the season and JD's team is doomed? Really? I'm pretty sure he does that from time to time. They looked at another De-Man from Express a few weeks ago, doesn't mean they are crumbling.

Looking at new players is fine, but out and out recruiting in season is borderline cheap. What does it say to your own players, we like you but might replace you, no your my goalie but we're bringing one in, your my faceoff guy but we're bringing one in BUT only to take a look. As far as no truth to the rumours PHONE records can convict in courts so be careful with the denials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Crush... Hope severs doesnt creep into those heels before the summer lets out. It just cant be healthy letting your son play that much over a two day span.

Let alone when there is a bench of players to take some minutes.

That is so not even close to being funny, my son has been living with severs for two years and it sucks and you are a jerk for joking about an 11 year old getting this - you sir should rot in [lacrosse] and have you kid play baseball (is that redundant?)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it is not cheap; because it wasnt not meant to be funny!

IT WAS A WARNING!

Coming from having to deal with servers as well, along with osgood slatter.

rememeber anti-inflamitories are no good for a growing body's bones!

Use your subs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am quite sure when the tournaments were picked neither 91 or Express (fl$ JESTERS TEAM LI TRUE BLUE etc) knew/consulted the other on which tournaments to attend.

Or if they did, agreed why do they have to go to the same tournaments. Wouldnt that get boring fast.

(but probably just decided to boycott the tournaments the other one was afiliated with)

But ever since the teams were told which games they were going to we all second guessed everything as far as why arent we at the same venues or why are we in a certain bracket.

IMO If there are 1 or 2 tournaments where we face each other shouldnt that be good enough.

As far as which level (moving up) - you never know who you are going to get in a tournament until the teams attending are released. Then you can jockey for your correct position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at new players is fine, but out and out recruiting in season is borderline cheap. What does it say to your own players, we like you but might replace you, no your my goalie but we're bringing one in, your my faceoff guy but we're bringing one in BUT only to take a look. As far as no truth to the rumours PHONE records can convict in courts so be careful with the denials.

If TB is so afraid of losing a kid who goes to a training session they are obviously doing something wrong. Let the kids play wherever makes them happy and they get better, everyone should stop acting as if these kids are under contract. THEY PAY YOU. The only thing that is cheap is coaches bullying kids and parents into not to get the best training they can. Its about the kids not about your record or cash cow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If TB is so afraid of losing a kid who goes to a training session they are obviously doing something wrong. Let the kids play wherever makes them happy and they get better, everyone should stop acting as if these kids are under contract. THEY PAY YOU. The only thing that is cheap is coaches bullying kids and parents into not to get the best training they can. Its about the kids not about your record or cash cow

It seems to me the team that is recruiting a player or players is the team that is afraid. It appears that the big sell didn't go over to well the player stayed with TB. Whats wrong is a team making like everything is all warm and cuddly with their own players while looking for the next new toy,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can it NOT be viewed as WRONG? It is simply SLEAZY to do the "recruiting/ coaxing away" thing in the mid-season. Possibly YOU drink the most KOOL-AID of ALL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be more "KOOL-AID" as well. Believe what you are told..... Have you noticed the amount of VERY talented athletes surfacing at ALL age divisions, and from MANY areas? A reality that we may face soon is that there are MANY teams who can out-muscle the FORMER kid-superstars. The large check book and willingness to work hard is NO substitute for raw power and God-given natural talent. That big KP kid is only part of a strong team. A team of good kids, coached by an extremely competent staff.
Enjoy it....while it lasts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know little about these teams but saying a dominant face off guy can not make a big difference is mistaken. If you go from a guy who head to head was winning 30% of his faceoffs to a FOGO who wins 70% that translates into less goals from one team, more for the other

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be more "KOOL-AID" as well. Believe what you are told..... Have you noticed the amount of VERY talented athletes surfacing at ALL age divisions, and from MANY areas? A reality that we may face soon is that there are MANY teams who can out-muscle the FORMER kid-superstars. The large check book and willingness to work hard is NO substitute for raw power and God-given natural talent. That big KP kid is only part of a strong team. A team of good kids, coached by an extremely competent staff.

That FORMER superstar straight 7 th grade team went 3-1 yesterday at Lehigh in 7/8A bracket hand 91 2016 white a 8-3 loss. Imagine the hurt they would put on 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That FORMER superstar straight 7 th grade team went 3-1 yesterday at Lehigh in 7/8A bracket hand 91 2016 white a 8-3 loss. Imagine the hurt they would put on 2017.

Too bad they lost to Victor in the third game. They are not invincible in the 2017 bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from weekend tourneys? fl$, Lehigh or Yale?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad they lost to Victor in the third game. They are not invincible in the 2017 bracket.

Obviously you missed something. They played in a 7/8A bracket as a straight 7 th grade team against bigger and stronger kids. Losing one game is not the end of the world and good to know how to handle not only the wins. BTW they ARE invincible in the 2017 age group. Not defined by my words but by record. Good day sir!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play 91 Orange....

Obviously you missed something. They played in a 7/8A bracket as a straight 7 th grade team against bigger and stronger kids. Losing one game is not the end of the world and good to know how to handle not only the wins. BTW they ARE invincible in the 2017 age group. Not defined by my words but by record. Good day sir!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express 2017 Piranhas/Korwan made it to the championship game after beating fl$ at the fl$ tournament today. They lost to the very tough Gladiators in the championship game. Major talent on the Piranhas, this team stays together they will be unstoppable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah.. but Victor is a "Town Team"..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah.. but Victor is a "Town Team"..

Yes Victor is a "Town Team " just like Smithtown and Sachem and West Islip and I could go on and on but you should get the picture, a very good town team. Same group that defeated the now 7th grade 91 group last year at Lehigh, and gave a very strong 8th grade 91 group a solid effort on Saturday in the Finals. I was there and watched the game, it seems the only person who it really bothered was JD, who lost his little mind berating his players and storming the field to convey his displeasure with the referees. Napoleon met his Waterloo on June 18,1815 in Belgium, JD met his June 16,2012 in Lehigh

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 144 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard