BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 44 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know who the post is talking about but they may mean the entire or most of the Express B team walked. Sounds like they may get it right with the new coach if these post are for real that he is liked. Are there any other teams other than Express B that all or most of the kids did not return?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who walked

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know who the post is talking about but they may mean the entire or most of the Express B team walked. Sounds like they may get it right with the new coach if these post are for real that he is liked. Are there any other teams other than Express B that all or most of the kids did not return?

Who walked

TLI A team from last year is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Rising Sons have lost their entire 2021 team. From what I heard a team full of parents that are totally nuts and just couldn't stay together, too many GIANT egos don't mix well. Sad really

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, not the case at all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole TLI 2021 or (u13)as they call it has fallen apart. They are at the point of taking whoever showed for the tryouts , basically as a walk - on !
Saw a huge absorption of those players scattered as a group throughout the island at a few tryouts.

Who walked

TLI A team from last year is done.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did express B walk? And is that why people saying tryout was sparse with so so players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would appreciate more information on team long island. i am unfamiliar with the organization, and would like more info about why the A team fell apart. i just got an email from them inviting my son to try out, and the price looks reasonable. i will certainly do my due diligence by reaching out to the director of the organization about whether the price includes everything though. who is coaching the TLI A team this year? is there any information anyone can tell me about that coach? exactly what has been their problems? thank you for any helpful information anyone can give me here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites for that team were sent out early last week , looks like they are scrambling to form a team. Some have left because they have outgrowned the organization and many left to play at better clubs who play in competitive tournaments against the best competition out there , without this talent left it will not be an A caliber team which took numerous years to build , I know kids who were invited from this tryout that were b moderate players and have turned down that spot, so if your good with the cost and starting from scratch and new to the travel circuit then this would be a good fit, just beware of what your stepping into without knowing what players have signed up.

quote=Anonymous]i would appreciate more information on team long island. i am unfamiliar with the organization, and would like more info about why the A team fell apart. i just got an email from them inviting my son to try out, and the price looks reasonable. i will certainly do my due diligence by reaching out to the director of the organization about whether the price includes everything though. who is coaching the TLI A team this year? is there any information anyone can tell me about that coach? exactly what has been their problems? thank you for any helpful information anyone can give me here. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played against this team and I watched them at tournaments thru the years. From what I am hearing, It will not be the same team it has been for the past several years. This team was a very competitive team who could play with anyone out there. Unfortunately, the organization has not been able to keep this group together and this "try-out season" the players are migrating elsewhere. Wherever they land, they will positively impact their organization and team.
With that said, for the $, TLI is a good choice but this age group is in a re-building phase.

i would appreciate more information on team long island. i am unfamiliar with the organization, and would like more info about why the A team fell apart. i just got an email from them inviting my son to try out, and the price looks reasonable. i will certainly do my due diligence by reaching out to the director of the organization about whether the price includes everything though. who is coaching the TLI A team this year? is there any information anyone can tell me about that coach? exactly what has been their problems? thank you for any helpful information anyone can give me here.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
In regards to 2021 age group.

Thanks to all that have been to our tryouts. We have over 100 kids signed up for the 2021 age group. The talent has been amazing. E Mails are currently going out. Your child will be assigned to one of our two teams or asked to come back. We have had a number of parents ask if we would consider a third team.

We have decided to go ahead with a third team, but we will do it a little different than the Select and Black. It will be a B team, and designed to be very developmental. Here's how it will run.

Fall: 6 Training sessions- Spring: 6 Training Sessions
Summer: 10 Practices along with 4 Tournaments
Coaches in Fall and spring will be High school coaches. Summer will be TBA.
Cost $1800
With all this talent, we expect to get these kids to the next level.

All are still invited to our 3rd try out, as we still have some spots available on Select/Black.

Thanks
LI Outlaws

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you very much for the information. can you or anyone else tell me about the coaches for 2021? what is their style of coaching? do they care about the kids, or do they care about winning more than caring about the kids? what is the quality of the instruction given to the kids?

thanks again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Outlaw 2021 teams have close to 100% player return rate to tryouts the following year. The fact the kids all want to go back year after year should indicate a good lacrosse experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought that the 2021 Outlaw top team lost at least two of their kids to Garden City town team, not true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a question that pertained to TEam Long Island, not Outlaws. Does anyone have any information to answer the question? THank you.

thank you very much for the information. can you or anyone else tell me about the coaches for 2021? what is their style of coaching? do they care about the kids, or do they care about winning more than caring about the kids? what is the quality of the instruction given to the kids?

thanks again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought that the 2021 Outlaw top team lost at least two of their kids to Garden City town team, not true?

Yes. 2 kids left to play town.
2 kids replaced by other kids at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two kids did come to tryouts but went to their town A team. Like the post said most of the kids from both teams returned to tryouts.

Yes. 2 kids left to play town.
2 kids replaced by other kids at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did express B walk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone get notification on ICON invitations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The turnover was more than once. There was one team from September to December. after that the team never had the same kids for two tournaments. not stable. Many reasons to leave. Maybe a lesson was learned and this team could get back on track. The coach from what is said on here seems to be good. Good luck.

Why did express B walk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, late yesterday afternoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2014 express Cuda B team was by far a better team then they ever had in that age group including their wolverine team , last season it folded because of express Bait and switch to appease the snobby wolverine parents who were upset the season before for being slapped around every time they played them. Ridiculously over priced organization and full of tremendous politics on the expense of better players .

The turnover was more than once. There was one team from September to December. after that the team never had the same kids for two tournaments. not stable. Many reasons to leave. Maybe a lesson was learned and this team could get back on track. The coach from what is said on here seems to be good. Good luck.

Why did express B walk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What? Express B was as good as Express A. What are u smoking? They took a couple of kids last year that didn't belong from B team because the parents complained. Besides that express A season was great. A lot of changes for Express A team this year. No favors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2014 express Cuda B team was by far a better team then they ever had in that age group including their wolverine team , last season it folded because of express Bait and switch to appease the snobby wolverine parents who were upset the season before for being slapped around every time they played them. Ridiculously over priced organization and full of tremendous politics on the expense of better players .

Why did express B walk?

This team in '14 spring season was a revolving door. Always looking for the next best thing. That team was loyal to nobody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014 Cuda B TEAM 2014, loss every time to Wolverines, Both teams had idiot parents, what team doesn't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did that express wolverines goalie end up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What? Express B was as good as Express A. What are u smoking? They took a couple of kids last year that didn't belong from B team because the parents complained. Besides that express A season was great. A lot of changes for Express A team this year. No favors.

For a team that has been around for as long as the wolverines it's a joke. The head coach has had them since the 2nd grade and has been smacked around by numerous teams , club and town. I know a pickup team beat them so bad once the teams parents went nuts. You're getting into dangerous territory taking a shot at the kids be careful you are going to start something you don't rally want. Those boys didn't come from the right town or have the right name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much could be said about Express but it is not worth it. The low numbers at tryouts should tell you all you need to know. Most A and AA teams had over 100 kids tryout. Last year Express had 3 teams and large rosters so that would equal at least 70 Express players last year. Only 65 at tryouts this year including new kids tells the story.

For a team that has been around for as long as the wolverines it's a joke. The head coach has had them since the 2nd grade and has been smacked around by numerous teams , club and town. I know a pickup team beat them so bad once the teams parents went nuts. You're getting into dangerous territory taking a shot at the kids be careful you are going to start something you don't rally want. Those boys didn't come from the right town or have the right name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. The level of talent at the other club tryouts was superior. No favors? LMAO. The chosen few will have their way, and it will be run the way it is always run with private lessons that will burn your pockets. Add-ons add-ons add-ons!

So much could be said about Express but it is not worth it. The low numbers at tryouts should tell you all you need to know. Most A and AA teams had over 100 kids tryout. Last year Express had 3 teams and large rosters so that would equal at least 70 Express players last year. Only 65 at tryouts this year including new kids tells the story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the moral of the story was they may have lost but by one or two means wolverines won by a close margin to a supposed B team . That doesn't say much about the chosen ones . On top of that they played 91 heat and lost by a closer margin then the wolverines loss to heat.
And yes wolverine parents were out of control on the fact of embarrassment.
So maybe it's you smoking the pipe, for a team that was underated they sure created alot of turbalance amongst the 2021 wolves .

quote=Anonymous]2014 Cuda B TEAM 2014, loss every time to Wolverines, Both teams had idiot parents, what team doesn't [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Cudas came back to Express for the 2014/15 season but almost all quit by December 2014. Express brought in more kids and the team was a B- team by Jan. 2015. All or most of those kids appear to have left too. It is true with at least 70 Express kids on all three teams last year Express having only 65 kids at tryouts this year in total means a lot of kids did not return. That is scary. I hope all other clubs take notice the lacrosse consumer is not as dumb as they think and if you don't deliver a good product they will not come back. If it could happen to Express it can happen to anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express wolves had a great 2015 season. I know the kids and parents (I am one) had a great experience and it ended on a high note. Great coaches, some of the best, and the team will be solid this fall and very strong next summer. Some people who know very little just seem to love to try and undermine the perception of team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not think that people knowing very little would try to undermine the perception of your team , the point of discussion in regards to what happened to express B which was nothing more then fact on the quick entrance and exit of the whole team. How people take the criticism is another story !Just as certain kids can handle coaching criticism better then others. If a team was mish moshed together and labeled with the express brand name on their jerseys during 1 season and competed and embarrassed a team who has been together for a long time ,you would say that there's room for improvement on the organizations policy of attracting and placing the best kids on a team. Unfortunate that everyone knows that Express only caters to the ones who [lacrosse] the most and pay the most . We see it in MC smile as he takes your money. People have caught on and went elsewhere , and it seems that was the fact with Express B players last season as many went to 91 teams and igloo . How great was an organization last season when wolves top players were migrating over to Legacy after their season of trying to hold top team status while Barracuda team hindered in there shadows? Unfortunate that Legacy couldn't hold onto those Wolve key players because of the political demands of those parent to MC , catholic High school seems to have a track record with good players and express , so again parent whining actually made MC step up and coach this team. Good luck to TEAM 1 as they should now be able to compete after years of being bamboozled with coaching and politics. That's actually 91's problem now with the entry of one of those coaches .

Express wolves had a great 2015 season. I know the kids and parents (I am one) had a great experience and it ended on a high note. Great coaches, some of the best, and the team will be solid this fall and very strong next summer. Some people who know very little just seem to love to try and undermine the perception of team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHile no an Express parent I have watched the Wolves, Cuda thing . First off, the Wolves team used to only play their top players, good kids never got in and since went to other A teams. Thats why at times the Wolves had a very short bench. A few years ago you started hearing about the CUdas, their coach was telling people that they where the A team. Having played them both I can tell you that it simply was not true. While that CUda team had a few players that should have been on the A team as a hole they where not as good. It was irking to constantly hear that team stomp their feet like toddlers and demand they where the A team. Sorry, you where never as good as the Wolves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any changes over at Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is on the decline. It started at this age group. Express always had top teams and starting with 2021 and younger the teams get weaker. There are no AA teams for Express from 2021 and younger. Express Wolves can't competr with the reputation and success of Express older teams. The best proof of Express decline was shown on the tryouts thread on BOTC where the Express thread had less then one thousand views. They took that tread down but many teams had more views than Express. So it was no Surprise that they had low tryout numbers. As for the 2021 B team it appears everyone made it and if anyone was cut it was not many. This will mean a weaker A team who was already having trouble last year beating teams that in the past they crushed. I hope it works out for them but it seems the word is out and people are keeping away from this team. This is a big year for Express. It can't be business as usual. They have to play all the kids on both teams and keep the roster sizes low and not add players as the year goes on. I hope they do the right thing this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any changes over at Igloo?

They went to a darker shade of Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there anyone who can give me information about the LI Lax Warriors organization and 2021 team? i have never heard of them before. who is the coach? how well/poorly is the organization run? what tournaments do they play in? at what level do they play- a b c x? how many teams will they have? any and all info would be great. thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting comment but not honest. Their 2023 team is top 2 in the age group. Younger than that is irrelevant at this point. 2021 is arguably top 3 in the region. Not sure where 2022 stacks up. But agree, this will be an important and fun year for all 2021 teams.

]Express is on the decline. It started at this age group. Express always had top teams and starting with 2021 and younger the teams get weaker. There are no AA teams for Express from 2021 and younger. Express Wolves can't competr with the reputation and success of Express older teams. The best proof of Express decline was shown on the tryouts thread on BOTC where the Express thread had less then one thousand views. They took that tread down but many teams had more views than Express. So it was no Surprise that they had low tryout numbers. As for the 2021 B team it appears everyone made it and if anyone was cut it was not many. This will mean a weaker A team who was already having trouble last year beating teams that in the past they crushed. I hope it works out for them but it seems the word is out and people are keeping away from this team. This is a big year for Express. It can't be business as usual. They have to play all the kids on both teams and keep the roster sizes low and not add players as the year goes on. I hope they do the right thing this year. [/quote]
Express is on the decline. It started at this age group. Express always had top teams and starting with 2021 and younger the teams get weaker. There are no AA teams for Express from 2021 and younger. Express Wolves can't competr with the reputation and success of Express older teams. The best proof of Express decline was shown on the tryouts thread on BOTC where the Express thread had less then one thousand views. They took that tread down but many teams had more views than Express. So it was no Surprise that they had low tryout numbers. As for the 2021 B team it appears everyone made it and if anyone was cut it was not many. This will mean a weaker A team who was already having trouble last year beating teams that in the past they crushed. I hope it works out for them but it seems the word is out and people are keeping away from this team. This is a big year for Express. It can't be business as usual. They have to play all the kids on both teams and keep the roster sizes low and not add players as the year goes on. I hope they do the right thing this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're relatively new to the Lacrosse world so excuse my ignorance. We signed our son up for Express 2021 B. Can someone explain in laymans terms and without malice what happened to Express last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 2023 team split up this year. Not sure if that is true but lost top players at the very least. 2022 team is a B plus team and having many issues too. 2021 top 3 in the region??? Only Express parents would agree with you on that but most others would disagree with you.

Interesting comment but not honest. Their 2023 team is top 2 in the age group. Younger than that is irrelevant at this point. 2021 is arguably top 3 in the region. Not sure where 2022 stacks up. But agree, this will be an important and fun year for all 2021 teams.

]Express is on the decline. It started at this age group. Express always had top teams and starting with 2021 and younger the teams get weaker. There are no AA teams for Express from 2021 and younger. Express Wolves can't competr with the reputation and success of Express older teams. The best proof of Express decline was shown on the tryouts thread on BOTC where the Express thread had less then one thousand views. They took that tread down but many teams had more views than Express. So it was no Surprise that they had low tryout numbers. As for the 2021 B team it appears everyone made it and if anyone was cut it was not many. This will mean a weaker A team who was already having trouble last year beating teams that in the past they crushed. I hope it works out for them but it seems the word is out and people are keeping away from this team. This is a big year for Express. It can't be business as usual. They have to play all the kids on both teams and keep the roster sizes low and not add players as the year goes on. I hope they do the right thing this year.
[/quote]

Page 6 of 44 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard