BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TG black is done. 2020 Strongest year from that club and they went from 1or 2 in age group to bottom

Yea they lost 3 games by a total of 4 goals in the last two years. The sky is falling!

The fact that you use the last 2 years shows you know the team is heading in the wrong direction. The funny thing is I know several of the parents on that team and all are nice people but delusional. Each and every one of these parents have told me the same story SS has come to them and told them their superstar player is leaving so now their daughter must step in a fill her shoes because she can see that type potential in their kid. Wake up she has told that same story to almost every parent left. The team will never beat a top level team again and will not be in the top 5 in the age group on LI.

I'm glad all the TG parents confide in you and discuss their conversations with you. You are a special person apparently

Apparently you are one of the parents that was given the speech about how your daughter was the next "it" kid and she would be paying special attention to her and you believed it.Sorry you got your hopes dashed but essentially your kid will now be playing on a B level team . Actually I am jealous as my kids team is going to be brutally competitive this year and she is going to have to work her butt off to earn playing time , maybe I should move to TG so she can also be one of the "it" kids.

What's crazy is most of what's left on that team can't leave for another club. They will never ever make another top team anyplace else and they know it. Some were there since the program began and have been grandfathered in regardless of skill or athleticism.So year after year they return to black because there afraid to tryout someplace else and actually get hit with the reality of them not being real A level players.
They're told any and everything by BS and SS to collect their check except the truth. There is not one player left on that team that can replace or even come close to what's gone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black is done. 2020 Strongest year from that club and they went from 1or 2 in age group to bottom

Yea they lost 3 games by a total of 4 goals in the last two years. The sky is falling!

The fact that you use the last 2 years shows you know the team is heading in the wrong direction. The funny thing is I know several of the parents on that team and all are nice people but delusional. Each and every one of these parents have told me the same story SS has come to them and told them their superstar player is leaving so now their daughter must step in a fill her shoes because she can see that type potential in their kid. Wake up she has told that same story to almost every parent left. The team will never beat a top level team again and will not be in the top 5 in the age group on LI.

I'm glad all the TG parents confide in you and discuss their conversations with you. You are a special person apparently

Apparently you are one of the parents that was given the speech about how your daughter was the next "it" kid and she would be paying special attention to her and you believed it.Sorry you got your hopes dashed but essentially your kid will now be playing on a B level team . Actually I am jealous as my kids team is going to be brutally competitive this year and she is going to have to work her butt off to earn playing time , maybe I should move to TG so she can also be one of the "it" kids.

What's crazy is most of what's left on that team can't leave for another club. They will never ever make another top team anyplace else and they know it. Some were there since the program began and have been grandfathered in regardless of skill or athleticism.So year after year they return to black because there afraid to tryout someplace else and actually get hit with the reality of them not being real A level players.
They're told any and everything by BS and SS to collect their check except the truth. There is not one player left on that team that can replace or even come close to what's gone.

SOOOOOOOOOO, UUUUUUMMMMM, TG isn't in good shape? Is that my take away?

Awesome venom about them... regardless of who's telling the truth here, something has gone on to make people this pissed about the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're on TG, and we also are looking for a way out. Too many broken promises, no interest in really helping the girls develop. We tried out for a spot on Legacy and We will be trying out everywhere else in the coming weeks and will be making the move regardless of what club.We are not interested in paying anymore for meaningless winter leagues in the raggedy bubble, not interested in the fall tourneys in Hempstead where there are no coaches as they all are back to school, just not interested in dealing with this whole organization any longer. We're the consumer and i decide who I give my hard earned bucks to and It will no longer be this organization. The ship is sinking and I don't need to be told when to jump.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
doesn't that ultimately happen to all the 'better" programs?...most of the time its from disgruntled ex-members or parents who has had a daughter leave for whatever reason...I am sure they have their issues like any other higher-level program, but they have always been a winning organization..and one cant gloss over that they are directed by a current D1 coach and arguably one of the top 10/15 woman's players of all time...never know what is sour grapes and what is true..you can bet that there are any # of girls programs on LI that w/b ecstatic to have had the results/players that TG has had..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
doesn't that ultimately happen to all the 'better" programs?...most of the time its from disgruntled ex-members or parents who has had a daughter leave for whatever reason...I am sure they have their issues like any other higher-level program, but they have always been a winning organization..and one cant gloss over that they are directed by a current D1 coach and arguably one of the top 10/15 woman's players of all time...never know what is sour grapes and what is true..you can bet that there are any # of girls programs on LI that w/b ecstatic to have had the results/players that TG has had..

Sour grapes?? I think not. I think these parents have every right to feel the way they do. Unless you are or were apart of the club, you have no idea what's what. TG was successful yes, however over the last few years has declined drastically. Every year there is a mass exodus from all the teams. Not just this age group but a great majority. Let's not forget the issue with 2017's 2020's and 2021. Emergency meetings being held to stop the bleed at the 2021 age group. Rosters being pulled from the website and never to reappear for the 2017 due to all the issues that group had and lastly the 2020's we all know the history with that age group. This is nothing new it's just being pushed to the forefront now as parents have had enough and more options are popping up. They are not the same TG's. every year is a mass defection, by December when all has settled the teams look completely different. What was once a very successful club is no longer just ask all the top players that have left. Just because someone is D-1 coach doesn't mean you fall for anything. Also lets not forget that 2020 was most successful and at there best under the guidance of another coach, since then many talented kids have left , and the club is now struggling to stop the bleed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
but what is really amazing is that folks like us are even talking about TG..my point is sorta that there are sooo many girls programs that would love to have ANY kind of publicity or folks talking about their program--Good or Bad--on BofCage..how many directors would kill for folks talking crap about their programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but what is really amazing is that folks like us are even talking about TG..my point is sorta that there are sooo many girls programs that would love to have ANY kind of publicity or folks talking about their program--Good or Bad--on BofCage..how many directors would kill for folks talking crap about their programs?

"..how many directors would kill for folks talking crap about their programs?"

That kind of comment makes me think you didn't spell your username like that on purpose. Are you nuts?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
easy tiger....just the idea that people are yapping about a specific program is something directors want....if somebody is not talking about the program, no matter what's being said, it aint (yes, I used aint) a good thing...don't you think that some talk is better than no talk?...signed, anonymous--ya' dbag

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
you don't think any of the Republican candidates would love to have Trump bash them everyday as opposed to toiling away in anonymity?...like Bush isn't loving the idea of having Trump smack him down?...or that Christie or Paul wouldn't relish the chance for some press?..cmon' tough guy...that's the idea...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When 90% of the yapping is negative, no director wants to be in the limelight constantly. Nothing good can come from it. No one is reading this thread and thinking they can't wait to try out for any club that gets bashed constantly.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
you, my good man, can now say you have had the last word on the subject...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you don't think any of the Republican candidates would love to have Trump bash them everyday as opposed to toiling away in anonymity?...like Bush isn't loving the idea of having Trump smack him down?...or that Christie or Paul wouldn't relish the chance for some press?..cmon' tough guy...that's the idea...

Feel free to use one of your childish remarks but no I don't think SS is enjoying the above publicity. TG no longer has any team in the top 5 for their age group and are quickly becoming a non factor in terms of competitive teams . It's not too late for the 2020 to find another club but time is running out.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
and a great big thanks to DK for trying to steer girls to Elevate...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you were charged handsomely for every one of Elevate's parties and pre-tryout practices. Legacy way more competitive than Elevate at this level. Legacy is an option, but they don't have 8 age levels like other lax programs. The more teams you have, the more difficult it is to maintain elite coaching on B and C teams (and sometimes A teams)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sour grapes?? I think not. I think these parents have every right to feel the way they do. Unless you are or were apart of the club, you have no idea what's what. TG was successful yes, however over the last few years has declined drastically. Every year there is a mass exodus from all the teams. Not just this age group but a great majority. Let's not forget the issue with 2017's 2020's and 2021. Emergency meetings being held to stop the bleed at the 2021 age group. Rosters being pulled from the website and never to reappear for the 2017 due to all the issues that group had and lastly the 2020's we all know the history with that age group. This is nothing new it's just being pushed to the forefront now as parents have had enough and more options are popping up. They are not the same TG's. every year is a mass defection, by December when all has settled the teams look completely different. What was once a very successful club is no longer just ask all the top players that have left. Just because someone is D-1 coach doesn't mean you fall for anything. Also lets not forget that 2020 was most successful and at there best under the guidance of another coach, since then many talented kids have left , and the club is now struggling to stop the bleed.

They will continue to bleed. A slow painful death, another few years until SS takes another job off the Island. In the near future the NCAA will limit the role she (and college coaches) can have with the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you were charged handsomely for every one of Elevate's parties and pre-tryout practices. Legacy way more competitive than Elevate at this level. Legacy is an option, but they don't have 8 age levels like other lax programs. The more teams you have, the more difficult it is to maintain elite coaching on B and C teams (and sometimes A teams)

That's wrong actually. Our 2020 coach paid for our team dinner herself and also generously bought the girls team shirts as a Christmas gift. Our girls also asked her themselves to add a few extra practices and she did. I know for a fact we practiced more than any other TE team. One week she even practiced 5 times a week. None were mandatory, it was just a nice gesture. Stop trying to make positive posts into negatives. This is in no way DK. I'm sure BOTC can vouch for that by looking at the IP address or whatever else they do. I'm so tired of the constant negativity. Let's allow positive comments to remain positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's wrong actually. Our 2020 coach paid for our team dinner herself and also generously bought the girls team shirts as a Christmas gift. Our girls also asked her themselves to add a few extra practices and she did. I know for a fact we practiced more than any other TE team. One week she even practiced 5 times a week. None were mandatory, it was just a nice gesture. Stop trying to make positive posts into negatives. This is in no way DK. I'm sure BOTC can vouch for that by looking at the IP address or whatever else they do. I'm so tired of the constant negativity. Let's allow positive comments to remain positive.

You also forgot to add the TE 2020 Blue beat Legacy's top team this summer. It was a very close and competitive game. I'm looking forward to the next time these teams meet up. And I agree - let's keep things positive. Our kids are 13 and 14 years old and we should care more about positive things in our clubs than pick apart every negative.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't college coaches be affiliated with club lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cdasme

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
easy tiger....just the idea that people are yapping about a specific program is something directors want....if somebody is not talking about the program, no matter what's being said, it aint (yes, I used aint) a good thing...don't you think that some talk is better than no talk?...signed, anonymous--ya' dbag

It is spelled "ain't", if you insist on speaking New English

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't college coaches be affiliated with club lacrosse?

Don't know all the details, but it's related to recruiting and when coaches are allowed (by NCAA) to have contact with potential recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Einstein, I am sure you know who coaches the 2020 Elevate Blue team--directors daughter--so who do you think "generously" paid for the team party and those gift Xmas shirts? me thinks it came from the coffers that you and all of the Elevate family so generously filled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Einstein, I am sure you know who coaches the 2020 Elevate Blue team--directors daughter--so who do you think "generously" paid for the team party and those gift Xmas shirts? me thinks it came from the coffers that you and all of the Elevate family so generously filled

Don't argue with this person. Let them stay with whatever club they are at and be happy or unhappy. The coach paid for these extras out of her own pocket. She is a great coach as well. Can't please the haters and the naysayers so don't try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep trying to be negative. Our coach did a fantastic thing and people will try to find a way to negate that. Get over yourselves and go enjoy your own team and coaches. We should be able to post a positive thing without our coach's kind gestures being questioned. Ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep trying to be negative. Our coach did a fantastic thing and people will try to find a way to negate that. Get over yourselves and go enjoy your own team and coaches. We should be able to post a positive thing without our coach's kind gestures being questioned. Ridiculous.
Sincerely, the directors daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if Friday is the day emails will go out from Legcy tryouts ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday the soonest, Tuesday the latest is what everyone was told at the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's this I'm hearing that a 4th team YJ player has made TG black team? My daughter had to bust her butt to get there and just because someone plays on YJ they are guaranteed a spot on Black? What really is going on here? There is no way any player past team 2 has the same skill set of a 1st team player. This is highly upsetting because it really does look like this team has taken a turn for the worse even after being told "we are going to be stronger than ever this year". The backroom deals here are crazy, This team will look a lot more like the West Islip Pal team since all the players are here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very smart of Legacy to get those emails out by Friday knowing the TG girls that tried out have to accept by tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for any feedback on the liberty club 2020. Considering playing for them. Any comments? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very smart of Legacy to get those emails out by Friday knowing the TG girls that tried out have to accept by tomorrow.

And if you didn't respond yet to TG, they will send you numerous email reminders to make your decision. Sounds like they are having trouble filling spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It goes by who you know..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2020 awful. Town teams beat them this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if you didn't respond yet to TG, they will send you numerous email reminders to make your decision. Sounds like they are having trouble filling spots.

They will just move on to the next kid on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

we haven't responded to TG yet and haven't received one reminder...Let me guess my daughter is not one of the important ones? You guys need to move on and grow up. There is a good chance that 90% of the posters here are fathers who are 30-50+ pounds overweight and have zero athleticism yet they continue to mock 12-14 year old girls as they live vicariously through their own student athletes. get over it, stop. your daughter is embarrassed for you . and so am I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

we haven't responded to TG yet and haven't received one reminder...Let me guess my daughter is not one of the important ones? You guys need to move on and grow up. There is a good chance that 90% of the posters here are fathers who are 30-50+ pounds overweight and have zero athleticism yet they continue to mock 12-14 year old girls as they live vicariously through their own student athletes. get over it, stop. your daughter is embarrassed for you . and so am I.

Maybe you're right maybe you're wrong, you must be one of those that drank the koolaid. One thing is for sure not one legit person has disputed the facts, how come the parents aren't on here disputing the issues with this club if they aren't true and valid? could that be because they are all trying to make a speedy exit? Keep paying attention and drink up. Please be sure to come back to this forum next year and tell us all how did sticking up for a club that only concern is when your check arrives in the mail work out for you. All these parents can't be wrong and the majority of them still have kids on the teams, basically sticking around just trying to find new homes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It would be very smart of Legacy to get those emails out by Friday knowing the TG girls that tried out have to accept by tomorrow.

They will just move on to the next kid on the list.

The talent level doesn't matter as long as the cash is still green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out last week and made top gun purple. should have made black team but was new to the club so i guess they moved up existing players.I'd put her as a low or mid/low level "A" player if I was ranking her. Haven't responded yet. Wondering if people decline their black team spots if they would offer it to her. Hesitant to commit to the purple team. Also we did get email reminders to accept this week. Any comments would be appreciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and that is different from any other program how?

Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard