BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 73 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe igloo has last tryout tonight for those that were not around the days of tryouts. I assume they will have upgraded like everyone else. In case people are new to this .... people change every year from every team. Some teams get better. Some get worse. Some continue treading water.
Hopefully every kid finds a place to play and HAS FUN.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Avengers were a B team?Then who were the A teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If the Avengers were a B team?Then who were the A teams?

Tier 1 (WP and Taz.) Tier 2 (Igloo, TLI, and Avengers.) tier 3 everyone else( Storm, Sharks, Millon, Express, etc)

This year we will have to see if anyone raises or falls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top line was never leaving. Just one. He left and has been replaced. All good.

Do you know which team the taz player went to?
Few Taz players made the WP team and opted to go. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but if my son was given the opportunity I would have done the same. Don't get me wrong Taz is a great team with a talented bunch of boys but its comparing apples to oranges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top line was never leaving. Just one. He left and has been replaced. All good.

Few Taz players made the WP team and opted to go. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but if my son was given the opportunity I would have done the same. Don't get me wrong Taz is a great team with a talented bunch of boys but its comparing apples to oranges.

There were a couple more kids that were going to move from Taz to WP but Legacy, in a smart move, offered to pay the kids tuition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade...LOSERS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For skill and player development. Which team has better coaches this season? Not which team will win. serious question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smart move? Haha you're a clown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless your son is one of them how would you know for sure? But it is a smart move if it comes to it.

There were a couple more kids that were going to move from Taz to WP but Legacy, in a smart move, offered to pay the kids tuition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skills and player development are instrumentally better when playing with better players. Fact. For this grade I want someone who has a enthusiasm for the game , and passes it on to his group. This will get them better! I want my son to be pumped to go to practice. Not feel like he has to go because of a grumpy coach.
They are children. 9 and 10 year olds. Get better , and have fun doing so. Fun is what this is all about right?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun is 4 letter word this is all about the 2500 scholarship our boys are going to get to play lacrosse in college. Who is this guy? (Joking for all you serious folk out there)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless your son is one of them how would you know for sure? But it is a smart move if it comes to it.

. Taz is going to be great with Keenan as the coach he knows the game and will get the pieces if he needs them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG Avengers were terrible last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These teams are all so different from 1 year to the next. If anyone believes that the same group stays together, talented or not, all the way through from 4th grade, they live in a cave. This is 4th grade!!! Kids move in and out of town..new talented kids show up and some quit. People need to get a grip when they refer to a previous year as being bad. Guess what...if that's truly the case, I am sure that the club will not just sign up the same players all over again...once again, it's 4th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won Forsberg A division , made the finals at Pro Player and Express Clash and went undefeated at JDRF. How is that terrible?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won Forsberg A division , made the finals at Pro Player and Express Clash and went undefeated at JDRF. How is that terrible?

Nice job clarifying that for whoever the tool is that started their comment with an OMG. Are we letting 6 yr old girls post on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not terrible, they were Average-er

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were not terrible, they were Average-er
j

He's back....ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Avengers play 2x in season. Those kids did develop A LOT. Coach must be decent. Heard good things about him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't play anyone that had talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so negative all the time??? They even played up in Hershey. The score board was tough on some games but they really played well in most of the games. Their coach cares more about developing then winning. He cares more that the child shoots left when he's suppose to (he may miss), but better than switching hands and getting the goal with his right. These kids will be so much better off! Stop with the shooting down of 9 year olds. I feel bad for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why so negative all the time??? They even played up in Hershey. The score board was tough on some games but they really played well in most of the games. Their coach cares more about developing then winning. He cares more that the child shoots left when he's suppose to (he may miss), but better than switching hands and getting the goal with his right. These kids will be so much better off! Stop with the shooting down of 9 year olds. I feel bad for your son.

This is what parents on Teams say when they don't win. Everyone wants to win, especially the boys! That is why they play the games, and that is why they keep score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RVC Future's beat Express,Storm and Sharks 2x.where would they fall??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is the response of a parent who never made it in sports and who's child unfortunately won't make it either. A win in 3rd/4th grade is not a win in HS or college. The true winners will be developed properly and will succeed in the end. Good luck to little Johnny who can't shoot lefty in 2 years, but daddy gets to cheer & boast about his 9 year old who wins a game in 4th grade. LOOSER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good town team

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hows the coaching for LI Sharks? my son is fairly new to the travel scene and by no means is a A team candidate. But he loves the sport and wants to learn more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express, Storm or Sharks beat any club teams last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thavngr98
Hows the coaching for LI Sharks? my son is fairly new to the travel scene and by no means is a A team candidate. But he loves the sport and wants to learn more.

Being completely honest here. The coach is a hot head that goes off on the kids for tbe littlest mistakes. I would do your research before you spend tbe money on them.zh

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Being completely honest here. The coach is a hot head that goes off on the kids for tbe littlest mistakes. I would do your research before you spend tbe money on them.zh
How about LI Hitmen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about LI Hitmen?

Dedicated young coached that practice a lot. You will get your money's worth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is what parents on Teams say when they don't win. Everyone wants to win, especially the boys! That is why they play the games, and that is why they keep score.

There is no shot your kid is on the WP or Taz so you are in the same boat as everyone else. All the kids right now are playing for 3rd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is the response of a parent who never made it in sports and who's child unfortunately won't make it either. A win in 3rd/4th grade is not a win in HS or college. The true winners will be developed properly and will succeed in the end. Good luck to little Johnny who can't shoot lefty in 2 years, but daddy gets to cheer & boast about his 9 year old who wins a game in 4th grade. LOOSER!

Of course he can shoot lefty, he's left handed! Winning is something that can and is learned through a lifetime of - Winning. Suddenly winners aren't developing? Tell that to the elite teams, somehow they manage to win and develop too. Imagine that, LOSER (and learn to spell).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He may be a screamer, which in all fairness is pretty rampant in youth boys lacrosse but he doesn't curse and it's not borderline child abuse (i know that sounds like a really low bar but unfortunately there are coaches that do this). He is dedicated to his team and not an absentee money grab figure head. Your son will have regular practices at consistent locations, there will not be a ridiculous number of players on the team, he will enter the team in more tournaments if the players are interested to do so, he will not lie to you, and if your son is motivated and a hard worker, he can be supportive and your child can learn a lot. Probably better off on a team like sharks than a b team in a larger organization and definitely better than a c team anywhere.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
He may be a screamer, which in all fairness is pretty rampant in youth boys lacrosse but he doesn't curse and it's not borderline child abuse (i know that sounds like a really low bar but unfortunately there are coaches that do this). He is dedicated to his team and not an absentee money grab figure head. Your son will have regular practices at consistent locations, there will not be a ridiculous number of players on the team, he will enter the team in more tournaments if the players are interested to do so, he will not lie to you, and if your son is motivated and a hard worker, he can be supportive and your child can learn a lot. Probably better off on a team like sharks than a b team in a larger organization and definitely better than a c team anywhere.

Thank you. This is the kind of stuff I like reading here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played Rock (which is basically Futures) at Jimmy mcgrath and they were very talented for a town only team! They beat us pretty good lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. This is the kind of stuff I like reading here!

Just do your research. He's know to explode on 7-8 year old kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, do your research because this and everything else on botc is an individual's perspective. "Explode" is a relative term. Go see for yourself, you know your child best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played Rock (which is basically Futures) at Jimmy mcgrath and they were very talented for a town only team! They beat us pretty good lol

Thanks Bay Shore Daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Futures is a good town team but The Rock is not Futures. The Rock is kids from Rockville Centre & has kids that also do club teams. Rockville Centre has 3 very solid PAL teams. A lot of good players will come out of Rockville Centre. Some are on Futures and some are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are some good fall tournaments for 2024?

Page 11 of 73 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard