BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay ready for power rankings again. Not sure if that is good or bad. What's everyone's thoughts. I just hate the flip flopping of how the leagues are done. Wished they would also play the Catholics into the mix to,see who is really the top teams.

Love Ct and NJ tournament of all schools concept.

They do! Don't you remember last year chaminade was beat by Ward Melville and Pequa

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harrison Bergeron definitely plays for one of them there snobby towns- you can tell from the name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the point, I just don't get it. If a large nba or major league contract was waiting for you at the end, pg, holdback do whatever you have to do. Millions of dollers to play a sport. I'd holdback my son. I could careless what anyone says, especially on this site. However what's at the end of this rainbow, maybe 8, 10 grand off tuition. Coaching a club team or giving private lessons for a few grand a year. Playing in MLL for 1000 a game. I just don't see why people holdback academically sound kids, to be a year older in lacrosse. I just don't get it. If my parents told me in 7 th grade, we are holding you back, so you can be better in lacrosse, all my friends move up a grade, except me. I would have been devastated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the point, I just don't get it. If a large nba or major league contract was waiting for you at the end, pg, holdback do whatever you have to do. Millions of dollers to play a sport. I'd holdback my son. I could careless what anyone says, especially on this site. However what's at the end of this rainbow, maybe 8, 10 grand off tuition. Coaching a club team or giving private lessons for a few grand a year. Playing in MLL for 1000 a game. I just don't see why people holdback academically sound kids, to be a year older in lacrosse. I just don't get it. If my parents told me in 7 th grade, we are holding you back, so you can be better in lacrosse, all my friends move up a grade, except me. I would have been devastated.

It is not about $$$ per se. It is about taking a kid who might otherwise go to some mid level, very ordinary school and using lax to get him into Cornell, Duke or some other school that wouldn't even look at them without a sports hook. That is the ever more elusive dream that people are chasing...I think most people are not in it expecting to get a free ride. They want their kid in a better school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt but the likelihood of lax getting you into Cornell may be even less likely than getting some scholarship money. You can't be on track to go academically get into NYIT and suddenly find you are a candidate for Cornell. You still need some brains.

It is not about $$$ per se. It is about taking a kid who might otherwise go to some mid level, very ordinary school and using lax to get him into Cornell, Duke or some other school that wouldn't even look at them without a sports hook. That is the ever more elusive dream that people are chasing...I think most people are not in it expecting to get a free ride. They want their kid in a better school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then the kid is not able to handle the academics of a cornell or duke and bounces around from one school to the next (flunking out each time, but getting to play a year of lax for a coach who wants to win at any cost)and after his four years of eligibility are up he has nothing to show for it but some great lax memories and a degree in hard knocks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then the kid is not able to handle the academics of a cornell or duke and bounces around from one school to the next (flunking out each time, but getting to play a year of lax for a coach who wants to win at any cost)and after his four years of eligibility are up he has nothing to show for it but some great lax memories and a degree in hard knocks

Unfortunately pre-first/holding back/PG works for many children, not all .And now that the youth leagues and club teams permit all these kids to play down... Playing down will continue and get worst in my opinion at youth level. USL is a joke and does nothing about it except moan every once in a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately pre-first/holding back/PG works for many children, not all .And now that the youth leagues and club teams permit all these kids to play down... Playing down will continue and get worst in my opinion at youth level. USL is a joke and does nothing about it except moan every once in a while.

I totally agree, however, you do know where USL offices are right? You also know which D1 team is one of the biggest beneficiaries of holdbacks and double holdbacks right? Do we really need to discuss this disgrace any further? Please. Never going to change until this sport gets a real governing body that isn't in bed with the top D1 programs. I really wonder what the general public, non-lacrosse type people would think about this whole mess? A sport where kids are forced to play a sport with heavy contact against kids 2 years older than them. Amazing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU basketball has it right...government issued photo ID is now the standard for age confirmation and identification...doing it for years already in youth football because THEY care who gets hurt and who gets an unfair advantage...start it at the young levels NOW and clean up this sport for tomorrow , already to late for our kids to have a level playing field...all it would take is Express and 91 to say enough and others would follow, and they wouldn't lose a dime...just some players and MAYBE a win or two...we are already at a disadvantage against out of state teams because of school age, but no reason to ignore this issue... reach out to crabs, leading edge, etc and stop the nonsense...College coaches need to hold the line at their prospect camps, heard some are doing just that, but they all need too get going...Long Island elite could lead they way...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt but the likelihood of lax getting you into Cornell may be even less likely than getting some scholarship money. You can't be on track to go academically get into NYIT and suddenly find you are a candidate for Cornell. You still need some brains.

A non-lacrosse player, non-minority, male student with a 95 GPA and a 27 on the ACT's can not think about any Ivy league school but an exceptional lacrosse player with those numbers might be able to get into an Ivy and if that kid needs to repeat a year either in 8th or PG to get the Ivy coach interested in him then to me it seems to be a no brainer. much harder getting into an Ivy then staying in an Ivy. It is not that these kids are not qualified to go to these schools it is that there are so many qualified kids that it is really hard to get it and if Lacrosse is your hook, use it same as if it was crew, acting, debate or oboe

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Craziness. My 7th grader turned 12 two weeks ago. His friend, also a 7th grader, turns 13 tomorrow. My son is barely 5 feet. His friend is 5'8". That's the difference between pre-pubescent and post pubescent. In this age range size dominates athleticism and good stick skills. Yes, it will equalize as the boys head into 9th grade but for this period of time it is a killer for those on the young side and puts them at distinct disadvantage. And the fact is that it's much harder to lose a spot on a good team than it is to win that spot.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

A non-lacrosse player, non-minority, male student with a 95 GPA and a 27 on the ACT's can not think about any Ivy league school but an exceptional lacrosse player with those numbers might be able to get into an Ivy and if that kid needs to repeat a year either in 8th or PG to get the Ivy coach interested in him then to me it seems to be a no brainer. much harder getting into an Ivy then staying in an Ivy. It is not that these kids are not qualified to go to these schools it is that there are so many qualified kids that it is really hard to get it and if Lacrosse is your hook, use it same as if it was crew, acting, debate or oboe

Well said. This same reasoning goes for most good schools today. The landscape is way more competitive than in years past.
These kids still need the academics however and no amount of lacrosse talent can overcome poor grades. Lax is a door opener for a kid with good grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup. I have dealt with this with my son for years. Getting overlooked because he is immature and young (and a little less coordinated). He made his middle school team but doesn't see the time others do. He is in 8th grade, and still 12, there are at least a half dozen A players in the 2021 year (a year below) that are older than him. He has football starting in a couple of weeks and there are kids 14 that he is trying to compete with. The sad fact is all too many programs(both town and club) wash kids out by 9th grade and they are done. Then by junior / senior year the team has a handful of 5foot 9 kids playing who were anointed in 7th grade and a half dozen 6 ' 1" -6' 2" kids doing nothing in the spring. My kid's "problem" was that academically he was ready to go to kindergarten so we put him in school rather than have him "pg" an extra year when he was 4! (If only I had been aligned with one of the top travel programs who could have given me this recruiting advice back then)
Craziness. My 7th grader turned 12 two weeks ago. His friend, also a 7th grader, turns 13 tomorrow. My son is barely 5 feet. His friend is 5'8". That's the difference between pre-pubescent and post pubescent. In this age range size dominates athleticism and good stick skills. Yes, it will equalize as the boys head into 9th grade but for this period of time it is a killer for those on the young side and puts them at distinct disadvantage. And the fact is that it's much harder to lose a spot on a good team than it is to win that spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU basketball has it right...government issued photo ID is now the standard for age confirmation and identification...doing it for years already in youth football because THEY care who gets hurt and who gets an unfair advantage...start it at the young levels NOW and clean up this sport for tomorrow , already to late for our kids to have a level playing field...all it would take is Express and 91 to say enough and others would follow, and they wouldn't lose a dime...just some players and MAYBE a win or two...we are already at a disadvantage against out of state teams because of school age, but no reason to ignore this issue... reach out to crabs, leading edge, etc and stop the nonsense...College coaches need to hold the line at their prospect camps, heard some are doing just that, but they all need too get going...Long Island elite could lead they way...

91 just had tryouts in Maryland. They are grade based teams... Count them out .. I dont see anything stopping this disgusting aspects of lacrosse at the youth level...And for sure the USL isnt going too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My kid's "problem" was that academically he was ready to go to kindergarten so we put him in school rather than have him "pg" an extra year when he was 4! (If only I had been aligned with one of the top travel programs who could have given me this recruiting advice back then)"

Is this sarcasm? Or would you really hold your academically ready for kindergarten kid back a year on the advice of a travel coach/director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My kid's "problem" was that academically he was ready to go to kindergarten so we put him in school rather than have him "pg" an extra year when he was 4! (If only I had been aligned with one of the top travel programs who could have given me this recruiting advice back then)"

Is this sarcasm? Or would you really hold your academically ready for kindergarten kid back a year on the advice of a travel coach/director?

I go to my kid's travel coach for financial AND marital advice too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sarcasm grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sarcasm grin

Ha!! It's a sad state of affairs in youth sports when I even had to ask

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, it's a sad state of affairs where people actually do this.
sarcasm grin

Ha!! It's a sad state of affairs in youth sports when I even had to ask

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This forum is obviously 99% anonymous. Even with a handle, it is still anonymous, but having a handle adds credibility to the poster. I am not so much "complaining" about the anonymity as I am that the moderator(s) can see who is posting. Sometimes they chip in their 2 cents when someone is trashing one of their sponsors and points out "you are from jersey what do you care" or "you are the same person trashing said team, so you obviously have an issue". Make this website more transparent to everyone or just keep your moderator info to yourself. It is obvious there are a ton of shills on here promoting one team or trash talking a competitor's team. When everything is anonymous and moderators chip in at times, it makes me question the legitimacy of this site.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Vicarious
This forum is obviously 99% anonymous. Even with a handle, it is still anonymous, but having a handle adds credibility to the poster. I am not so much "complaining" about the anonymity as I am that the moderator(s) can see who is posting. Sometimes they chip in their 2 cents when someone is trashing one of their sponsors and points out "you are from jersey what do you care" or "you are the same person trashing said team, so you obviously have an issue". Make this website more transparent to everyone or just keep your moderator info to yourself. It is obvious there are a ton of shills on here promoting one team or trash talking a competitor's team. When everything is anonymous and moderators chip in at times, it makes me question the legitimacy of this site.

Thank you for your totally unbiased opinion. I will feel free to offer mine as well. If you are not happy, feel free to stay away. You won't hurt our feelings.

I will say whatever the [lacrosse] I want, just as you do..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

When you have a handle there is an email associated with that handle and the moderators can contact you directly. So if your going to go and bash someone its easy to just contact you. What do you want from us. We try and keep dialogue open and eliminate the mean spirited stuff. We also have done our best to monitor when there are people who ask questions and answer them. It happens all the time. We also have tried to eliminate the deceptive practices that some clubs have attempted and by doing so we have protected the consumer. There used to be a moderator who loved the drama and they are no longer affiliated with the site. They would allow for some real crappy stuff to be said. We wont tolerate it.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

ATTENTION Vicarious: You are shouting orders to us like you own the place. You don't own this site, but I do, and nothing here is going to change. Deal with it or not. I trust that this post and the two above have clearly communicated to your anonymity exactly what our position is.

Since you are from Northport, I can't help but wonder how close you may be to one of the nastiest coaches and clubs on the Island, the Yellow Jackets and their Mistress, errr I mean coach, Carol Rose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that included in the travel fee? or ala carte?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

ATTENTION Vicarious: You are shouting orders to us like you own the place. You don't own this site, but I do, and nothing here is going to change. Deal with it or not. I trust that this post and the two above have clearly communicated to your anonymity exactly what our position is.

Since you are from Northport, I can't help but wonder how close you may be to one of the nastiest coaches and clubs on the Island, the Yellow Jackets and their Mistress, errr I mean coach, Carol Rose?

you start a complaint thread and then take it personally when people make complaints - my advice, don't start a "kiss my sister" thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you start a complaint thread and then take it personally when people make complaints - my advice, don't start a "kiss my sister" thread

I'm guessing the intent of this thread is not to serve as a forum to complain to the site owners about their site. Suggesting changes is one thing, being a jerk about it is another.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm guessing the intent of this thread is not to serve as a forum to complain to the site owners about their site. Suggesting changes is one thing, being a jerk about it is another.

Thank you and you are so correct. We seem to have an over abundance of those in here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is thinking division 1.Ivy league, top notch schools, etc. Anyone think Division III NESCAC schools? Williams,Amherst. Tufts,etc? It is a very competitive league and educationally as good and difficult to gain entrance as the Ivy's. Your kid gets a top notch education and the contacts to boot. They don't have to live eat sleep lacrosse. Just have fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is thinking division 1.Ivy league, top notch schools, etc. Anyone think Division III NESCAC schools? Williams,Amherst. Tufts,etc? It is a very competitive league and educationally as good and difficult to gain entrance as the Ivy's. Your kid gets a top notch education and the contacts to boot. They don't have to live eat sleep lacrosse. Just have fun!

Huge NESCAC fan. Great post. Great academic and athletic opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or Patriot league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, great point. Its the parents , not the kids. Dad wants to brag to his friends, that his kid has a scholarship to duke or virginia. Meanwhile the scholarship pays 1/8 of his tuition, but he leaves that part out to his friends. Some of the D3 schools are incredible. Academically sound and kid gets to play and have a great college expierience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but parents need to be a little on the wealthy side to attend those schools. No money in div 3.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yeah but parents need to be a little on the wealthy side to attend those schools. No money in div 3.

I think people need to realize that the money being offered in D1 is also very little. 12.6 Scholarships per team. Most teams have at least 30-35 players some as many as 40-45. Good grades can get you more money than lacrosse. Combine a great lacrosse player with great grades and that's a nice combo and something coaches love because they can give you less of their money and get you more from the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about a technical school, Stevens MIT or even RPI. all good schools and guess what you will get when you graduate.. a J O B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

I think people need to realize that the money being offered in D1 is also very little. 12.6 Scholarships per team. Most teams have at least 30-35 players some as many as 40-45. Good grades can get you more money than lacrosse. Combine a great lacrosse player with great grades and that's a nice combo and something coaches love because they can give you less of their money and get you more from the school.

Uh oh...you better run and hide. You make entirely too much sense to be on this forum. All the mouth breathers with D1 full ride 9 year old sons will attack you now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how bout it's football season and everyone just give it a rest till lacrosse starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh oh...you better run and hide. You make entirely too much sense to be on this forum. All the mouth breathers with D1 full ride 9 year old sons will attack you now.

HOW DARE YOU, my 5 month old daughter is already getting looked at by Duke. I'd sent in her birth video and the video of her first baby food meal... they ARE interested and mentioned 'not worrying about money'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA recruiting rules differ by division. Division I and Division II schools are able to offer athletic scholarships. Division III schools can only award academic scholarships and need-based financial aid.

Division III coaches are permitted to contact athletes earlier than Division I and Division II coaches. After your junior year, a Division III coach is allowed to have an unlimited amount of contact with you and your parents away from his or her college campus. D-III coaches are also permitted to send printed materials and make calls any time before your junior year. However, you are only allowed one official visit beginning your senior year. You may take as many unofficial visits as you want.

Remember that unofficial visits are on you expense-wise. Coaches may not provide you with any form of monetary benefit. They can't even buy you lunch or a snack in the cafeteria

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how bout it's football season and everyone just give it a rest till lacrosse starts.

Did you really come on a lacrosse forum to complain about people talking about lacrosse, you must really get pissed when retail stores have Chritmas decorations up before Thankgiving. oh and by the way, it is always lacrosse season, summer club teams tryouts have already concluded and club team practices are all ready started, HS parents are already getting their checkbooks out and Farmingdale fall league starts next weekend. J E T S suck suck suck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOW DARE YOU, my 5 month old daughter is already getting looked at by Duke. I'd sent in her birth video and the video of her first baby food meal... they ARE interested and mentioned 'not worrying about money'

Better start some private lessons asap...Ty has here down on the recruiting chart! Sorry at this time she is DIII material. Might want to also consider not letting her start 1st grade until she is 15... She put her right up there with the rest of holdbacks and get a shout out from Ty.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard