BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Team Karwoski 1, 2 or 3?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski is 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is did Hughes move up to team 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Highes was team 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is team 1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So who is team 1

I am at a loss. how can anyone truly consider joining a team spending the money they ask for and not even know the coach of the team you are paying to be on. The coach is the most important piece. Are there that many people out there willing to spend over 3k and not know who there coach is just so you can say you play on express. That is absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOGAN TEAM 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any info on 2021 karwoski? Is he a good coach? Was he on another travel team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are hesitant for this 2nd team on express. We know kids who made this team and only went to the 2nd of the two tryout dates, and barely touched the ball during the scrimmages. We don't think Express had a good turnout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turnout was fine at express. Lite first night w wolves no where to be found. Second tryout had wolves and much better talent.
About 70 kids about?
Was it igloo numbers, no. But there was a bunch of talent there second night.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps with payments pending someone from express could enlighten us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To those that would question someone else's abilities you should take a closer look at your own sons abilities

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am in no way questioning someone else's abilities. We went to more than 1 tryout, my son did great at 2 and had terrible nights at another. These tryouts are only snapshots of what a player is, anyone can have a stellar day as well as an off day. The points I mentioned were actually brought to my attention by the parents of the kids who only attended the 2nd day, and had a crummy night to boot. They were the ones questioning the pool of players for the team. I was hoping for some other opinions of people who were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coach. He was a AA at Yale. He coached multiple games for 2022 and 2021 A teams last year. Kids loved him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a great coach. My son had him and really liked him.
Any one have any info on 2021 karwoski? Is he a good coach? Was he on another travel team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coach. He was a AA at Yale. He coached multiple games for 2022 and 2021 A teams last year. Kids loved him.

yes karwoski is a great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski coached a bunch of 2022 games. He was excellent. Knows how to teach, boys loved him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would pick Karwoski over the bigger named coaches any day. Great with kids , fully focused on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hughes get bumped to team 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski might be team 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard no team 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jill Adler, one of the administrative personnel at Express confirmed Karwoski is the Express 2nd team. We know there have been comments regarding express' "decline". We are happy our son will be playing lacrosse this year and look forward to the great coaching and motivation we hear Karwoski has to offer. Not every kid and every team has to be AA or A to have a great lacrosse experience. We are looking to improve and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did Jim Hughes go? is he still with organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. We commited to Karwoski 2021 and also look forward to a great experience. He has a very good reputation. The purpose of playing on any team is to look at where your kid is at the start of the season and then where he has grown at the end.
My son has been on teams that looked good from the start and peaked early and never really developed beyond certain point.
I'm not looking for a igloo experience in terms of dominance, I am looking for good coaching, constructive practices that help develop my son, good parents and an overall fun experience for my son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. I just signed up my son for Karwoski's team. I echo everything you just said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. We commited to Karwoski 2021 and also look forward to a great experience. He has a very good reputation. The purpose of playing on any team is to look at where your kid is at the start of the season and then where he has grown at the end.
My son has been on teams that looked good from the start and peaked early and never really developed beyond certain point.
I'm not looking for a igloo experience in terms of dominance, I am looking for good coaching, constructive practices that help develop my son, good parents and an overall fun experience for my son.

If Igloo is dominating that's because they picked the better players. They had 2, four hour tryouts to monitor the kids. They practice all year round and the kids learn. What dies Igloo have to do with you joining express? Good for you, no need to bring other teams into your view of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a compliment to igloo not an insult. But thanks for your 2 cents. [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You gotta love the d-bags, where would we be without their clarification!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Igloo is dominating that's because they picked the better players. They had 2, four hour tryouts to monitor the kids. They practice all year round and the kids learn. What dies Igloo have to do with you joining express? Good for you, no need to bring other teams into your view of lacrosse.

I think you are taking this personally- the guy was just saying that he is okay with a good experience, and that does not necessarily mean winning every game or tourney. Lighten up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen I'm sorry if your kids just play for fun my kid plays to win. You teach yours the way you want and I will do the same. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was obviously not posted by an Igloo parent.
Listen I'm sorry if your kids just play for fun my kid plays to win. You teach yours the way you want and I will do the same. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont bother saying you sorry for being a [lacrosse] bag with a superiority complex, when you obviously are not. Our kids want to and play to win also, just stating wining every game and being on the best of the best AA team isn't the end all to lacrosse for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On my neighbors email from express team 1 listed coach k as assistant coach.
Maybe they plan on practicing together ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone hear about outlaws results from second tryout? anyone get a call/email?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So winning is all that matters? Don't care if their kid is happy or having fun?
Sure winning can be fun, but it doesn't necessarily make the experience fun. Especially when there are parents like you who probably make your kid nervous to make mistakes. I'd hate to be your kid in the car after a loss. Whose the DB now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So winning is all that matters? Don't care if their kid is happy or having fun?
Sure winning can be fun, but it doesn't necessarily make the experience fun. Especially when there are parents like you who probably make your kid nervous to make mistakes. I'd hate to be your kid in the car after a loss. Whose the DB now?

Agreed. Amazing how angry parents get over a stupid summer team. Same parents who stand with their toes on the sidelines in their cutoff shirts screaming at their kid to compensate for whatever their own shortcomings are. I'm pretty sure 7th grade lacrosse doesn't define who you are and getting angry in defense of some youth lax program is just pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is not an Igloo parent it sure sounds like one. I know many Igloo parents who feel this way and say it all the time. I have heard worse things than this from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually sounds Express driven...

If it is not an Igloo parent it sure sounds like one. I know many Igloo parents who feel this way and say it all the time. I have heard worse things than this from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely true! Entire team walked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered