BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesnt look like that train ride going so well so far. Surprised if the whole group follows again.maybe it's not the organizations after all! Why would TB even take them back? Doesn't sound like a healthy group for any organizarion.

Tryouts looked great today. Serious talent showed up. Looked like a whole new group of kids with awesome skills. I was told that the Adelphi coach is taking these kids all the way through high school. If my son makes the team I think this will be a VERY competitive "A" team.

Puhlease. TB is a joke at all ages. Only a small group from the south shore thinks otherwise. Rest don't take this team seriously.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesnt look like that train ride going so well so far. Surprised if the whole group follows again.maybe it's not the organizations after all! Why would TB even take them back? Doesn't sound like a healthy group for any organizarion.

Tryouts looked great today. Serious talent showed up. Looked like a whole new group of kids with awesome skills. I was told that the Adelphi coach is taking these kids all the way through high school. If my son makes the team I think this will be a VERY competitive "A" team.

Puhlease. TB is a joke at all ages. Only a small group from the south shore thinks otherwise. Rest don't take this team seriously.

What team is your son on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is your son on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could it be a joke when my son plays for the 2017 team and they already have 11 kids committed to top 10 Division I schools West Point, navy, maryland, hobar, Yale etc. stop being such a hater

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any body know how many legitimate 2022 kids Igloo is taking on their 2023 team this year? Same kids as last year? Think it was 1 or 2. Not counting holdbacks. Just kids playing a grade down. Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid must have been cut. Otherwise you would have attached a name. Good luck. I k is my kid had a amazing experience and was taught the game. Much rather be on someone's A team than someone's C

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any body know how many legitimate 2022 kids Igloo is taking on their 2023 team this year? Same kids as last year? Think it was 1 or 2. Not counting holdbacks. Just kids playing a grade down. Thanks

It's funny that you say that. My son went to a lax camp this year and met a couple of 6th graders. He saw them at 2023 Igloo tryouts and I had to spend all day telling my 10 year old how people cheat in life and its not fair, but keep doing the right thing yourself. Our family doesn't cheat!!! It's funny how kids cough up the unethical behavior of their parents.
Way to go AA of Igloo for allowing this to happen. Another year of rigged tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny that you say that. My son went to a lax camp this year and met a couple of 6th graders. He saw them at 2023 Igloo tryouts and I had to spend all day telling my 10 year old how people cheat in life and its not fair, but keep doing the right thing yourself. Our family doesn't cheat!!! It's funny how kids cough up the unethical behavior of their parents.
Way to go AA of Igloo for allowing this to happen. Another year of rigged tryouts.

Please tell me that this is just a rumor. Why would a club allow older kids on a younger team? I only see this as possible if the club advertises and plays by the USL guidelines and doesn't play on grade based tournaments. That said- don't call the team 2022 or 2023- call it a U-whatever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone didn't make igloo...all teams have kids playing down....until us lacrosse mandates u under it will be this way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me that this is just a rumor. Why would a club allow older kids on a younger team? I only see this as possible if the club advertises and plays by the USL guidelines and doesn't play on grade based tournaments. That said- don't call the team 2022 or 2023- call it a U-whatever.

They may be using the u model, which is actually better that what is going on now in lacrosse!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone didn't make igloo...all teams have kids playing down....until us lacrosse mandates u under it will be this way!

Oh, ok. I'll have my 6th grader tryout for the Bandits so he can make the team. Good idea Igloo parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, ok. I'll have my 6th grader tryout for the Bandits so he can make the team. Good idea Igloo parent.

If he is born after sept 1st that is fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that's fine as long as you're bringing him to a 2022 tryout. Otherwise, he's just a crappy 6th grader that can't cut it playing with kids his own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It goes back to the holdback issue. Almost all teams in Maryland and North Carolina are majority hold backs-- like the other poster said-- until US Lacrosse makes changes-- it's more the rule than the exception these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that's fine as long as you're bringing him to a 2022 tryout. Otherwise, he's just a crappy 6th grader that can't cut it playing with kids his own age.

I think it's ok if the team plays u based tourneys which most are outside ny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe. But then don't call yourself a 2023 team. Either be a grade-based team and take grade appropriate holdbacks but not older grade kids. Or be a U-based team and take age appropriate kids irrespective of grade. Can't do both legitimately. If igloo kids were playing down a grade then team should forfeit those grade based tourney wins on website. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could it be a joke when my son plays for the 2017 team and they already have 11 kids committed to top 10 Division I schools West Point, navy, maryland, hobar, Yale etc. stop being such a hater

Stop it ! That team does not have 11 D1 commits ! That is an absolute lie and that team never played against any of the top level '17 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe. But then don't call yourself a 2023 team. Either be a grade-based team and take grade appropriate holdbacks but not older grade kids. Or be a U-based team and take age appropriate kids irrespective of grade. Can't do both legitimately. If igloo kids were playing down a grade then team should forfeit those grade based tourney wins on website. Period.

Ha! Forfeit 4th grade wins. Can't wait for the espn 30:30 on that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. I forgot they don't teach integrity in Manhasset until 6th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There weren't that many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it ! That team does not have 11 D1 commits ! That is an absolute lie and that team never played against any of the top level '17 teams

Again, take this argument to the south shore 516. Nobody else cares. Club is irrelevant. Same as last year, tons of talk on the boards around tryouts and then nothing all year....because nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the 2023 Express and True Blue teams?
What are the teams for Express 2023?
Is True Blue having two teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, take this argument to the south shore 516. Nobody else cares. Club is irrelevant. Same as last year, tons of talk on the boards around tryouts and then nothing all year....because nobody cares.

What team is your son on coward? The question was asked by several people. There are multiple D1 commits. Anyway, this is a 2023 post. JC is coaching this 2023 True Blue "A" team, and from what I saw this A team is going to be very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is your son on coward? The question was asked by several people. There are multiple D1 commits. Anyway, this is a 2023 post. JC is coaching this 2023 True Blue "A" team, and from what I saw this A team is going to be very good.

A team? Lol!!! Not even in top 6 or 7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year they couldn't even field a full 4 th grade team. This year they are an "A" team?????? Cmon guy. Get real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right guy. Local lax Guru. When they play you guys you can judge for yourself. They made nice upgrades with some talented kids..See you soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right guy. Local lax Guru. When they play you guys you can judge for yourself. They made nice upgrades with some talented kids..See you soon enough.

Adding a few kids that got cut from true A teams doesn't make you an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we arguing about LI Express here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From speaking with the parents, a lot of the new faces were not cut from other clubs. Most of the top kids were tired of the BS at other clubs, wanted real coaching, or happen to live nearby and were tired of traveling.

Too bad you're afraid to post the team your kid plays on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did DK go back to express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we arguing about LI Express here?

True Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Lax Guru. what does make an A team at 5th grade level...Lets here from the ever knowing lax daddy..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hear not here..Go back to school with your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know how many teams True Blue is doing for fifth grade and did anyone get phone calls yet ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know how many teams True Blue is doing for fifth grade and did anyone get phone calls yet ...

They are taking 2 teams: one select A, and B.
Joe Cat is coaching the A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Select A??? Why is it select? Just to make it sound better??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are def doing 2. A and B..Calls are being done today and tomorrow..lot of good kids there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Select A??? Why is it select? Just to make it sound better??

Seems to be the path most clubs are going. everyone using the select title this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess JC coaching two team he's coaching 4 grade too..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess JC coaching two team he's coaching 4 grade too..

nope. coaching 1 team only: 2023 "A"

Page 10 of 70 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard